/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rock music in Islamic Nasheeds?!?! - PLEASE VOTE

RaihanBD
06-25-2007, 12:10 AM
:sl:

One of my friends wants to write some Nasheeds with rock music :phew. I know there are scholars against any form of music in nasheeds but I dont want to go into that. I feel classical music or something similar is good enough. I just want your opinion on this - Is rock music suitable for nasheeds? I think its way outta line... Please vote and then if possible give your reasons.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BanGuLLy
06-25-2007, 12:12 AM
I HATE ROCK.....:raging:
lol ur bengali listen to stoic bliss.. first rap group in bengali lol..
Its a group in New York
LINK REMOVED: This Mod is not a music lover

vpb
06-25-2007, 12:15 AM

I love Rock , but it's haram :)

RaihanBD
06-25-2007, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

I love Rock , but it's haram :)
Bro, i think u dint vote!! :blind: Please vote! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
06-25-2007, 12:58 AM
I vote for this thread to be closed just for its stupidity; yea anyways, Whether you include, rock, classic, country or ANY music, it is still music. And music is haraam, this is the view of the majority scholars backed by several hadiths and quranic ayahs and it is not something "some" scholars only think as haraam.

BanGuLLy
06-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Rap/Reggae/RnB >>> Rock

north_malaysian
06-25-2007, 03:51 AM
If you classified "Nasheed" as anykind of song which give the Islamic message which used whatsoever kind of musical instruments, then I've heard many of it in Malaysian music scene..... the method they used might not be "Islamic" but it managed to reach the fans out there.

When Malaysians were facing the problem of Black Metal Satanic Cults years ago, many heavy metal bands were called as Satanic. But all of them denying these allegations and some even use heavy metal music to promote Islamic message in it...

snakelegs
06-25-2007, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I vote for this thread to be closed just for its stupidity; yea anyways, Whether you include, rock, classic, country or ANY music, it is still music. And music is haraam, this is the view of the majority scholars backed by several hadiths and quranic ayahs and it is not something "some" scholars only think as haraam.
why are you so harsh? maybe you confuse ignorance with stupidity? the OP didn't know something and wanted to increase his knowledge.

north_malaysian
06-25-2007, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
why are you so harsh? maybe you confuse ignorance with stupidity? the OP didn't know something and wanted to increase his knowledge.
Whaddaya think snakelegs.... is rock music ok for "religious" message (in whatsoever religions)

BanGuLLy
06-25-2007, 04:29 AM
I got addicted to this song.. but I dont understand it.. I only Understand
Shahe Madina= King of Madina ( Prophet Mohammed )
LINK REMOVED

mdshahid22
06-25-2007, 04:43 AM
nothing wrong in listening to rock music if the proper, specific,correct and impeccable message is given via the song..rock music can help in pulling a large group of people in the community, mostly the younger generation ppl to know abt Islam..
anyway thats wot i felt abt rock music..views differ among ppl..

islamirama
06-25-2007, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
I got addicted to this song.. but I dont understand it.. I only Understand
Shahe Madina= King of Madina ( Prophet Mohammed )
Why? is your urdu limited? :D

waji
06-25-2007, 04:48 AM

In Nasheed it's not about music its more about poetry
so i think any kind of music should not be used in Nasheeds

:w:

vpb
06-25-2007, 04:50 AM
Bro, i think u dint vote!!

Please vote!

yes I did bro, acutally I was the second, after u :)

nothing wrong in listening to rock music if the proper, specific,correct and impeccable message is given via the song..rock music can help in pulling a large group of people in the community, mostly the younger generation ppl to know abt Islam..
anyway thats wot i felt abt rock music..views differ among ppl..
for u it is not wrong, but for majority of the scholars (maybe all of them except 3 or 4 scholars) say that music is haram.
and Abdullah ibn Abaz said for the verse in the Qur'an that talks about ide-talk,
he said Wallahi billahi tallahi, this verse is about music , music , music.

So please don't confuse ppl here trying to make them thing music is allright. We all love music, but it's just something we can't have it. We know about the possibility that a very good message can be contained within the song, but unfortunately, we don't mix haram with halal. It's like saying "I'm going to a night club, to make dawa".

the rulings on music:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-jurisprudence/20238-music-singing-light-quran-sunnah.html

and I think the thread should be closed, as islamaram suggested cuz it's just bringing confusion

mdshahid22
06-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Very much Obviously, EVERY muslim knows listening to music is haram and how many of us follow that honestly??
I just said it was my opinion, and opinions differ!
No point in saying that i'm creating confusion!!

To know wot all feel about music in islam this thread is necessary..
So all do give ur views on this topic.

Sinbad
06-25-2007, 05:31 AM
HAHA Rock music is the music of the antichrist:D

LINK REMOVED

snakelegs
06-25-2007, 05:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Whaddaya think snakelegs.... is rock music ok for "religious" message (in whatsoever religions)
well, of course, this is not an islamic viewpoint.
i don't care for rock music - who needs it when there's qawwali? :D

north_malaysian
06-25-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm not into rock music....so I dont know whether it would make a good kinda nasheed..... so I'll vote.... "DONT KNOW"

vpb
06-25-2007, 10:40 AM
HAHA Rock music is the music of the antichrist

They say, in reality rock is the music of the devil. :p

czgibson
06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
They say, in reality rock is the music of the devil. :p
They also say "the devil has all the best tunes"!

I love rock music - always have, always will. Along with lots of other types of music as well, of course.

I play the electric guitar whenever I can - that's a picture of mine in my avatar.

From what I know of Islam, having any music in nasheeds seems to be frowned upon, so I'm guessing the 'No's will win this poll.

Peace

vpb
06-25-2007, 12:13 PM
They also say "the devil has all the best tunes"!
They also say in Islam, the tool of the devil is the musical instrument :p

I play the electric guitar whenever I can - that's a picture of mine in my avatar.
I thought it was a fake one (drawed). ;D white bg.

muzna
06-25-2007, 12:19 PM
this thread is soooo wrong

cihad
06-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Nasheeds with instruments are haraam.period.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
the purpose of nasheeds is to give us some peaceful enjoyment within the boundaries of shariah law whilst promoting only islamic values if promoting anything.

is anyone thinks rock can meet these conditions then... go for it :confused:

Sinbad
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
Nasheeds with instruments are haraam.period.
Haram maybe, but the music is as lovley as a harem:D

north_malaysian
06-26-2007, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
I love rock music - always have, always will. Along with lots of other types of music as well, of course.

Yeah... that's too obvious!!! :okay:

vpb
06-26-2007, 08:29 AM

I keep wondering why is this thread still opened? it's doesn't profit us anything, apart from talking about rock music.

^..sTr!vEr..^
06-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Nowadays nasheeds have also become a source of entertainment ...May Allah guide us! Ameen

06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I keep wondering why is this thread still opened? it's doesn't profit us anything, apart from talking about rock music.
yep exactly,
there is plenty of evidence on other threads to say why music is forbidden

Abdul Fattah
06-26-2007, 11:06 PM
since when are Islamic issues solved by public opinion; LOL :p
This shouldn't be a poll

barney
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Rock, Rocks.
I know theres a few Christian "Rock" bands, but their stuff is terrible.

Rock is designed to let your feelings come out raw and to discharge your emotions in dance or "air guitar" or yelling out the words.
Religion is about reppressing human feelings and emotions, so the two just dont fit together.

Woodrow
06-26-2007, 11:32 PM
This thread has gone as far as it needs to go. So to keep this from becoming a debate over rock bands etc. It is time to let it end.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.