/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Job Search

rozeena
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
assalam alaikum evri1, i was wondering if any1 cud giv me sum webites dat i cn check out 4 banking jobs or bank call centres. ive checked jobcentre plus, reed employment, hays banking.pls pls pls sum1 help meeeeeeeeeee!!! lol.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
00:00
06-25-2007, 10:51 AM
www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk

rozeena
06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
thanks 4 dat checked it out, y is 00:00 cumin where ur nam shud b??? lol

Salaam
06-26-2007, 10:01 AM
:sl:

i would just like to say that working with Banks is HARAM, because they deal with interest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam

i would just like to say that working with Banks is HARAM, because they deal with interest.
wt bout the islamic bank? i've been told even banks in islamic countries deal with interest but they just use a different word 4 it? dat tru?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2007, 10:22 AM
sister i wouldnt drop the haram word on you like that but i would recommend that its best avoided until you've fully researched and are hundred percent content with its legality.

seriously, dont graze your sheep near the barbed wire lest they be ripped to shreds :eek:

i hope this reaches you in a state of high emaan inshaAllah

Salaam
06-26-2007, 10:52 AM
this might answer you question.

Working in banks in an Islamic country
Question:
Is it permissible to work in the banks that exist in Islamic countries that deal with riba?
My husband works in one of the banks that deal with riba, and he works as a systems operator on programs that have to do with technological and information management. His main job is to ensure that all the computer systems are working correctly, and installing new systems, and assisting the bank employees.
I know that interest is haraam, and that it is a major sin, but I have heard many opinions about working in banks, one of which I have heard is that “if your work is not directly involved with interest, and the bank has other sources of income apart from interest, then it is permissible to work in the bank. This is the only source of income that we have been living on up till now. I hope that you can tell us whether the income we have gotten from this job is haraam or not.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

We ask Allaah to reward you with good for your keenness and efforts to find out the truth, and to help your husband to find permissible employment in which there is no sin.
Note that it is not permissible to work in riba-based banks at all, because that involves consuming riba, or writing it down, or witnessing it, or helping those who do that.
The major scholars have issued fatwas stating that working in riba-based banks is haraam, even if the job does not involve dealing with riba as such, e.g. guards, cleaners and other services. We will quote to you some of their fatwas, whilst also pointing out that your husband’s work is strongly connected to riba and to recording and documenting it, because as you say, his main job is to ensure that all the computer systems are working correctly, and installing new systems, and assisting the bank employees.
It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 15/41:

It is not permissible for a Muslim to work in a bank that deals with riba, even if the work that the Muslim does has nothing to do with riba, because he is giving the employees who do work with riba with what they need and he is helping them with their calculation of interest. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but do not help one another in sin and transgression”
[al-Maa’idah 5:2]

The Standing Committee (15/38) was asked: what is the ruling on working in the existing banks?

They replied:
Most of the transactions that are done nowadays involve riba, which is haraam according to the Qur’aan and Sunnah and the consensus of the ummah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that whoever helps the one who consumes riba or pays it by writing it down for him or bearing witness to it, etc, is a partner of the one who consumes it and the one who pays it, and they are all cursed and expelled from the mercy of Allaah. In Saheeh Muslim and elsewhere it is narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba, the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said, “They are all the same.”

Those who work in banks are helping the owners of the banks by administering their operations, whether in writing or bearing witness, or transferring papers or handing over money, or doing other things that help those who deal in riba. Hence it is known that working in an existing bank is haraam. The Muslim should avoid that and should try to earn a living in a way that Allaah has permitted; and there are many such ways. He should fear Allaah his Lord, and not expose himself to the curse of Allaah and His Messenger.

And the Standing Committee (15/55) was asked:
(a) Is working in banks, especially in Muslim countries, halaal or haraam?
(b) Is there any specific section of the bank that is halaal, as many think, and if that is correct could you explain further?
They replied:

Firstly: working in banks that deal with riba is haraam, whether that is in a Muslim country or a kaafir country, because it involves cooperating in sin and transgression, which Allaah has forbidden as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

Secondly: There is no section in the riba-based bank that is exempt from this ruling according to what we know of the pure sharee’ah, because all the bank employees are cooperating in sin and transgression.
And the Standing Committee (15/18) was asked:
What is the ruling on working as a maintenance engineer for one of the electronics companies that deal with some of the riba-based banks, where the company sells equipment (calculators, cameras, telephones) to the bank, and tells us, as maintenance engineers, to go to the bank to service this equipment on a regular basis? Is this work haraam on the basis that the bank does its accounts and organizes its work on these machines, and are we thus helping them in sin?
They replied:

It is not permissible for you to work for companies that are as you described, because that involves cooperating in sin and transgression.
And it says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (15/48):
It is not permissible for a Muslim to work in banks that deal with riba, because that involves helping them to engage in riba-based transactions in one way or another, by writing them down, witnessing them, guarding the bank, etc. Helping them in that manner is cooperating in sin and transgression, which Allaah forbade when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: is it permissible to work for a riba-based organization as a driver or guard?

He replied:
It is not permissible to work for a riba-based organization even if you are a driver or a guard, because accepting employment with a riba-based organization implies that you approve of them, as whoever denounces something could not work to serve its interests. If he works to serve its interests, he must approve of it, and the one who approves of something haraam has a share in its sin. With regard to those who are directly involved in writing down transactions, transferring money, depositing money, etc, are undoubtedly dealing directly with something that is haraam. It was proven from the hadeeth of Jabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba, the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said, “They are all the same.”
From Fataawa Islamiyyah, 2/401

And there are other well-known fatwas which forbid working in riba-based banks, no matter what the kind of work involved. Based on this, your husband has to repent to Allaah from what he has done in the past, and leave this work, seeking the help of Allaah, putting his trust in Him and being certain that He will grant him provision. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”
[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

We ask Allaah to make us independent by means of that which is halaal so that we will have no need of that which is haraam.
Fatwa taken from islamqa.com

rozeena
06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
thanks 4 dat bro, im currently workin in a bank, so idnt knw wt 2do nw??? im sooo confused :?

PAKSoldier
06-26-2007, 01:03 PM
ho to job centre. plenty of em in birmingham. 1 near one stop. one on soho rd. 1 in town. probably ever area of birmingham has job centre and agency

rozeena
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
yeh been 2da 1 on stoney lane near 2 where i wrk, bt wernt dat helpful

Muezzin
06-26-2007, 04:59 PM
What about monster.com?

PAKSoldier
06-26-2007, 06:24 PM
am gonna go searching through town 2morrow. theres job agency's on new street.

chand
06-26-2007, 06:26 PM
im looking for a job too but becauseive just left school like two weeks ago..nobodys taking me on..anybody got any ideas

PAKSoldier
06-26-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chand
im looking for a job too but becauseive just left school like two weeks ago..nobodys taking me on..anybody got any ideas

first of all. blag ur grades and hope u got a safe teacher who will go with. thats what ma teacher did back in sachooldays. fill your certificate folder with ur brother or sisters certificate and at interview say you changed your name. :D

06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
most employers want someone with experience, so like paksoldier said blag that too,say u have got experience and u worked before.

Or ask around at your local shows, corner shop,post office get any job get the experience and then quit, and try looking for a better job.

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM
i give up :@ :( i applied everywher for 1month now n no one seems to want me..racist lol wel who knows but reli puts me down like imt not good enuf :(

Trumble
06-26-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saira-k
i give up :@ :( i applied everywher for 1month now n no one seems to want me..racist lol wel who knows but reli puts me down like imt not good enuf :(
Patience. It's never easy; I've been out of work twice in my life and on each occasion it took me over six months to get another job. Who knows, fate might be saving you for a really GREAT job (which banking isn't) - just keep your eyes open for that opportunity!

06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
i give up :@ i applied everywher for 1month now n no one seems to want me..racist lol wel who knows but reli puts me down like imt not good enuf
keep trying, dont give up.

don't worry too much about finding a job, who knows phhapas allah s.w.t wants you to keep loking to find a job that good for you.

listen to this, trus me you'll feel much better.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2d5yoj

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:38 PM
ok jazakAllah

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
its js family want me to get a job u kno..:(

06-26-2007, 09:44 PM
its js family want me to get a job u kno
know how u feel sis.im finding trouble finding job myself, but im not really bothered i get to chill at home, and get JSA so nothing to complain about.

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:46 PM
where can i get more lectures like this?

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:47 PM
wts JSA? lol :S

06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Thugz in masjid

http://downloads1.nadeemdownloads.co...id%20Part1.mp3

http://downloads1.nadeemdownloads.co...id%20Part2.mp3

Go 2 these threads, you'll find more lecture by this brother.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...res-youth.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...dul-malik.html

JSA - job seekers allowance.

Salaam
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

ya im planing to join JSA, plus get money from private jobs that i might do, that would be great.

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
jazakallah bro

saira-k
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
how do u do jsa never herd of it:S

Salaam
06-26-2007, 10:03 PM
ya i know, now im getting EMA (i should be getting my bonus this week), and i will be doing my private jobs, so should be more then enough for the summer holidays with the JSA.

Muezzin
06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Where are you, academically speaking, and what jobs are you looking for?

If for instance you're looking for a job in senior management and you've just sat your GCSE's, it would be unrealistic to expect being employed at that particular level :p

But seriously, pop into your local Job Centre and talk with one of their advisors. You could also try agencies.

Inshallah, you'll find gainful employment :)

unknown_JJ
06-26-2007, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

If for instance you're looking for a job in senior management and you've just sat your GCSE's, it would be unrealistic to expect being employed at that particular level :p

But seriously, pop into your local Job Centre and talk with one of their advisors. You could also try agencies.

yeh tru say...

i got my 1st job d other day :D had 2 blag alot 2 get in...bt me luvz it! 2 bad its temporary lol

sudais1
06-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Why dont u work is the big Islamic bank located in Jeddah, I know there hiring

rozeena
06-27-2007, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chand
hey sis y dnt u carry out an apprentiship or sumfin dat way u'l recieve on da job training n reciev a qualification 2. wt type of job were u lukin 4?

rozeena
06-27-2007, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
Why dont u work is the big Islamic bank located in Jeddah, I know there hiring
hi bro, i wanted 2 apply for islamic bank in birmingham bt i dnt knw hw 2 go about it. do i need 2 fill in application form or send CV etc?

sudais1
06-28-2007, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
hi bro, i wanted 2 apply for islamic bank in birmingham bt i dnt knw hw 2 go about it. do i need 2 fill in application form or send CV etc?
Im guessing a bank or a professional job and/or career would need you to send a resume and stuff, and look pretty professional. You can always call them can't you.

saira-k
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM

wel finished 1st yr of uni want a summer job n hopefuly a job part time i can continue durin uni..call centre perhaps..but no1 takin me on lol :L :( :raging: need the money :enough!:

PAKSoldier
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
shud claim to have worked at a certain shop. and give that shop a letter to send of if the interviewer tries to ontact them

rozeena
06-28-2007, 02:24 PM
hi saira, i knw bhs r recruitin at da mo if dats sumfin ud b interested in den hand in ur cv 2 dem, or u cud call up da recruitment line for marks and spencers and dey'l do a basic tele4ne intaview etc.Jus try n hand in ur CV 2 as much shops etc as u can cus da summas cumin nw n most students guna b lukin 4 jobs n dat so it'l b harda if u leave it longa. if u need help wiv ur CV i cn pm u a template. I out of all ppl shud knw hw hard it is

unknown_JJ
06-28-2007, 10:45 PM
wel finished 1st yr of uni want a summer job n hopefuly a job part time i can continue durin uni..call centre perhaps..but no1 takin me on lol :L :( :raging: need the money :enough!:
ohh me a 1st yr 2 n me got a temporary job at uni...dnt dey do jobz at uni up der?....n dis job gna finish in 4 weekz lool den i hav anuva 1 sorted ! i fink :S hopefully me gets thur inshallah !!

Yanal
06-28-2007, 10:52 PM
What about monster.com?
Asalam alkum yeh you took my suggestion no fair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.