/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serving America's 'Muslim army'

guyabano
06-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Arab-Americans have been fighting in Iraq since the very beginning of the conflict there. Many simply see it as their duty to serve their homeland, America.

Others who have ended up on the frontlines in the so-called "war on terror" have suffered a crisis of conscience, having had to fight fellow Arabs and Muslims as the "enemy".

Three Arab-American marines tell their stories.

See here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Interesting read.

islamirama
06-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Ironically, our enemy usually is somewhere in the Middle East - it's my cousins, my family.
I'll be honest - I think it was kind of like brainwashing. You start wanting to believe that you're going there to help.
When I was a kid, I was one of those guys that threw rocks at the Israelis, and I was really good at it.
In the summer of 2004, we were in the city of Haditha in Iraq, in a convoy tippy-toeing around.
We were so scared, it wasn't funny. I was shaking. As we passed the Haditha Middle School, we got a shower of rocks. They were flying off my flak jacket and my helmet.

I felt so tiny, and so fogged-up with emotion. Because that kid throwing rocks used to be me.
The little freedom fighter becomes part of the big terrorists. Where once he threw stones agaisnt the occupiers of his land, now he is being stoned by kids of the country his army occupies.

yea, no "muslim army" here, just a brainwashed american wanabe in kuffar army...

siFilam
06-26-2007, 05:53 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
:salamext:

I honestly don't know what to say. May Allah guide these brothers to the Truth.

Wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abumusa
06-26-2007, 06:04 PM
In Iraq, they tell you there's a smell of death - and there is. It's nasty, it makes you nauseous. You end up having to shoot the dogs - because you'll see dogs in the street with human parts, like hands, in their mouths.
That just says it all

Woodrow
06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
All that need to be sad has been sad. Additional posts only lead to personal arguments and no additional insight to the topic.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.