/* */

PDA

View Full Version : beauticians/hairdressers

rozeena
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
hello evri1, i just wanted 2 knw can muslim women follow a career in hair and beauty cause i have heard they can not go to the hairdressers so then obviosly u cudnt become a hairdresser. but i just wanted sum evidence 2 prove it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zaria
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
It's halal to be a hair dresserand it's halal to go the the hair dresser. We should go the the hair dresser to beautify ourselves for our Zodji's or to just be pampered. Go to a Hair dresser that is an Islamic enviroment. I know some Muslimah's that have their own hair salon or does hair from their homes.

S_87
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
:sl:
styling hair itself is fine

but will you also be plucking eyebrows?
will you be putting in hair extensions/false eyelashes
will you be doing anything contrary to the shariah ?
like making hairstlyes that clearly resemble to kuffar?

rozeena
06-26-2007, 02:53 PM
can we only go hairdresser etc if we wear a head scarf or is it ok for evri1? yeh it would be like doing eyebrows, doing hair etc. im reali confused cus i dnt even knw if its nt allowed 2 do eyebrows etc

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
06-26-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
can we only go hairdresser etc if we wear a head scarf or is it ok for evri1? yeh it would be like doing eyebrows, doing hair etc. im reali confused cus i dnt even knw if its nt allowed 2 do eyebrows etc
:sl:
it is totally impermissible to remove eyebrows

In al-Saheeh, it was reported that Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Allaah has cursed the women who do tattoos and those who have this done, the women who pluck eyebrows and those who have this done, and the women who file their teeth and change the creation of Allaah.” Then he said: “Should I not curse those whom the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed, when it says in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, abstain (from it)…’ [al-Hashr 59:7]”
and why should one cut anothers hair when they know this person doesnt wear hijab and will flaunt the style?

zaria
06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
You should wear head scarf when going to salon once you enter if there are men in there do not take scarf off or go to the back of salon where men can not see you but there shouldn't be men in there and insha'allah Ta'ala it's an islamic enviroment you can take off scarf in front of your Uhkti's (sisters). Its best to go to islamic enviroment because non islamic enviroment , you have to make sure you are focused for when/if a non muslim come in or a man come in to whom which you can not show your adorments. We are not suppose to pluck our eye brows, no hair extension, eyelashes or anything just as Sis Amani said. Now being the beautician, you shouldn't do anything that is haram or go against the Shariah. So doing any of the above. Plucking, false hair, lashes making some one to resemble men is Haram. Allah knows best.

rozeena
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaria
You should wear head scarf when going to salon once you enter if there are men in there do not take scarf off or go to the back of salon where men can not see you but there shouldn't be men in there and insha'allah Ta'ala it's an islamic enviroment you can take off scarf in front of your Uhkti's (sisters). Its best to go to islamic enviroment because non islamic enviroment , you have to make sure you are focused for when/if a non muslim come in or a man come in to whom which you can not show your adorments. We are not suppose to pluck our eye brows, no hair extension, eyelashes or anything just as Sis Amani said. Now being the beautician, you shouldn't do anything that is haram or go against the Shariah. So doing any of the above. Plucking, false hair, lashes making some one to resemble men is Haram. Allah knows best.
hi sis, can we do threading? also wat can muslim beauticans do? im just reali interested toknw cus i wanted to carry out hair and beauty but if cant do eyebrows etc then no1 probabli cum lol, wich isnt a problem i just wanted 2 make sure so that i dnt do anyfing dat is rong. also do we HAVE to wear a headscarf?

zaria
06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
hi sis, can we do threading? also wat can muslim beauticans do? im just reali interested toknw cus i wanted to carry out hair and beauty but if cant do eyebrows etc then no1 probabli cum lol, wich isnt a problem i just wanted 2 make sure so that i dnt do anyfing dat is rong. also do we HAVE to wear a headscarf?
When you say threading, you mean adding hair to someone right? No that is Haram. Muslimah beautician can do hair any way that want as long a s they are not adding false hair to it. We can color our hair any color but black. We can cut it as long as it don't resembles a man's hair cut. We can braid our natural hair. The basic limited to hair is not to add false hair and don't color black, because the pegans colored their hair black so we do the opposite odf the pegan (non believers)Yes head scarf is a must in Islam for the muslimahs. (Sura Al Noor 24:31) And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss. Wearing Hijab is a wonderful thing.It helps protect you from lust and we look so beautiful in it.If your not wearing hijab, I pray that Allah Ta'ala strenghtens you to do it and if your are Mash'Allah (Allah willed it for you)

rozeena
06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
thanks for that sis, no threading is a way of removing facial hair eg, upper lip, eyebrows using thread. i read somewhere that it is not necessary to wear headscarf as long as you cover your chest etc and wear loose clothing. is that true?

zaria
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
If you can look up the thread already posted hear named Hijab east and west, It should give yo a better understanding of Hijab for us. You can read others having difficulties adjusting to Hijab along with sisters who feel EXPOSED without it. I pray that it helps you get a better understanding. We should follow the commands of Allah Ta'ala to the best of our ability. As far as the threading now I do believe we can remove the hair of women from the face of lip but pluckin, treading, arching of the eye brows is that you are doing it to beautified yourself Allh knows best

rozeena
06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
thanks 4 dat sister,

zaria
06-26-2007, 04:11 PM
No Problem.May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!