Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
The kid didn't seem very scared to me.

Keltoi
06-26-2007, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
it has what on it? and you would know this how? :skeleton:

and how do you feel if offer your kid was there instead?
Well, the soldier obviously wasn't going to give the kid a hand grenade, so at worst you can say he had a dark sense of humor. He's a soldier not a day care operator.

SATalha
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Still What are they doing? Yes its not anything big, but you got to read between the lines. Think about the attitude that these Soldiers have? Is right? Are they being BIG HEADED....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Still What are they doing? Yes its not anything big, but you got to read between the lines. Think about the attitude that these Soldiers have? Is right? Are they being BIG HEADED....
You heard two voices in a small video clip, I don't think you can generalize about any "attitude". The kid was even laughing about it, albeit after he realized it was a joke. I wouldn't want kids hanging around my transport either.

SATalha
06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Still i think the attitude that U.S and British soldierz hav is very........?

Keltoi
06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Still i think the attitude that U.S and British soldierz hav is very........?
Very what? Would it have been better to blow the kid away? Or better yet, tie him up and behead him on a videotape? This is a war zone, not the family park down the street. I wouldn't trust those kids either, as many of them are used by insurgents to catch soldiers off guard.

Joe98
06-26-2007, 11:08 PM
People will remember the case where just after the fall of Baghdad, some US soldiers were being friendly with Iraqi children and giving them candy.

They did this a few times and the Iraqi people saw it.

One Iraqi man walked into the crowd and detonated a bomb. He killed himself, 2 US soldiers and 30 Iraqi children.

The message was clear: The US soldiers cannot be friendly with children.

barney
06-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Iraqi kids like candy. Coalition troops usually like giving it.
You'll always get some who are just mean and nasty, it's the way of the world.

The "freedom fighters" like killing kids. I'm sure they'd prefer the candy.

NobleMuslimUK
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
:sl:
They shouldnt even be there, makes me very :raging:

barney
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
Well sure, lets pull them out now then.
Lets leave the Iraqi's totally unprotected from the death squads.

It's a wonderful idea. Sheer Genius.

guyabano
06-27-2007, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
They shouldnt even be there, makes me very :raging:
Sure, pull them out, and let Iraq to its own fate ! Let's see how long it will take till Iraq will end up in civil wars.

islamirama
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Sure, pull them out, and let Iraq to its own fate ! Let's see how long it will take till Iraq will end up in civil wars.
you never know till you try it, they'll probably do better than they are doing under OCCUPATION

ACC
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
you never know till you try it, they'll probably do better than they are doing under OCCUPATION
If the USA were to pull out now, pretty much every credible prognosticator has predicted civil war. There is definitely a power struggle going on within the country, regardless of the American presence. saddam was good at scaring the cr*p out of everyone with torture and executions, which he used to suppress the majority of struggles.

You may get your wish of the USA leaving. Of course, I have a feeling that the majority of the people on this site will blame the USA if civil war starts instead of holding the arabs responsible for their own behavior. Either way, many people here will blame the USA regardless of the outcome because of their ideological views.

glo
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
To balance the negativity of this thread, here a few positive pictures:

"Two young children with a Fijian soldier of the Black Watch, who rescued them from armed kidnappers who had seized them in a family feud"

"This young Iraqi boy sadly lost a leg in one of the minefields Saddam Hussein laid in his own country, with scant regard for the safety of his own people. The boy was taken to the British 202(V) Field Hospital, manned by Reservists.
The hospital arranged accommodation nearby so that his parents could stay with him during his treatment."

"Iraqi youths bring soft drinks to Royal Engineers at work refurbishing and improving the security of the police station in Al Majarr al Kabir"

"A female soldier comforts a baby and reassures her mother during a search for weapons and drugs in Basrah"

"Multi-National Division (SE) hosted a reception for local community and religious leaders to mark the Eid holiday"

"A Royal Scots piper marks the reopening of a school in Al Muthanna after extensive renovation work organised by the British Army"

Just as a reminder that things are never just black or white ...

Peace

Umar001
06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I personally think the video could be taken anyway, I mean, on one hand the guy could jus be kidding, the kid playin along, you know, on the other the guy could be pissed of. I mean, no point in speculating.

ACC
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I personally think the video could be taken anyway, I mean, on one hand the guy could jus be kidding, the kid playin along, you know, on the other the guy could be pissed of. I mean, no point in speculating.
Yup. Either it was a bad joke or the guy is a jerk.

MTAFFI
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
this video does show alot though

Mostly it shows how people CHOOSE to perceive things

nevesirth
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
the way the soldier behaved is not rlly a big deal, hes only human and liable to engage in a harmless sarcastic joke once in a while, its not something perculiar to american soldiers alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nevesirth
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
i think it was funny though, the little boy knew it was just a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAding
06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Both the soldier and kid are laughing, no? Much ado about nothing.

barney
06-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Slightly more relevent to the situation.
Sorry everyone missed it, it's not got any evil Americans making stupid jokes in it.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=9134349

"Two vehicles came and parked close to the parking lot. Four or five men left the vehicle, and we hear the noise, the shooting of the machine gun, it was so close, so loud and it was continuous."

Saleem and his wife hid behind a tree, but they could see who the gunmen were targeting.

"I start looking and they are shooting on the kids," he said. "Eight of the kids fell already on the ground. The guys kept shooting — they just wanted to make sure that everybody is dead."

The boys were Sunni and Shiite. They had been playing soccer.

The houses around the empty lot are owned by families of both sects. They have known each other for years. Until then, sectarian tensions had been kept in check, but the savagery of this attack sent them over the edge.

"And that is when I saw something that I will never forget in my whole life — they just went crazy," Saleem said. "Fathers, brothers, they get quickly inside their houses, they take their weapons and they start shooting on their neighbors."

It turned into a sectarian free-for-all.

"Shia start shooting Sunni houses, Sunnis start shooting Shia houses. They let the real criminals run away," Saleem said. "The men in the houses they lost their mind totally."

The battle lasted for two hours. The bodies of the young boys lay in the field until everyone's ammunition was spent.

Finally, in the late afternoon, the remains were collected.

The man who picked them up told Saleem he was startled by how light their little corpses were.

Nine children were killed in the attack. Saleem knew many of them.

Trouble in the neighborhood seems far from over. More men with guns from both sects have arrived.

The Shiite militiamen on one street, Sunni insurgents on another, and angry families in the middle of it all.

islamirama
06-28-2007, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney

"Two vehicles came and parked close to the parking lot. Four or five men left the vehicle, and we hear the noise, the shooting of the machine gun, it was so close, so loud and it was continuous."

"I start looking and they are shooting on the kids," he said. "Eight of the kids fell already on the ground. The guys kept shooting — they just wanted to make sure that everybody is dead."

The boys were Sunni and Shiite. They had been playing soccer.
It was them dam US soldiers trying to cause trouble, which they succeeded in doing. Why would sunni or shia "militia" shoot the boys playing, both sunni AND shia playing together.

"Shia start shooting Sunni houses, Sunnis start shooting Shia houses. They let the real criminals run away," Saleem said. "The men in the houses they lost their mind totally."
The real criminals, the crusaders who are two face, who kill secretly and cause trouble while openly pretend to be the friends and protectors of the land they occupy. May Allah destroy them all!

Keltoi
06-28-2007, 03:06 AM
It was them dam US soldiers trying to cause trouble, which they succeeded in doing. Why would sunni or shia "militia" shoot the boys playing, both sunni AND shia playing together.

The real criminals, the crusaders who are two face, who kill secretly and cause trouble while openly pretend to be the friends and protectors of the land they occupy. May Allah destroy them all!
Should I?...no, nevermind.

snakelegs
06-28-2007, 03:10 AM
the fact that this made news suggest that it is not the usual, though i have no doubt that it happens. at least i hope not.

Keltoi
06-28-2007, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
the fact that this made news suggest that it is not the usual, though i have no doubt that it happens. at least i hope not.
What was actually news-worthy about this exactly? A kid walks up to a humvee asking for candy...the soldiers are on duty and their nerves are already fried...do you expect them to just turn off that mentality to play games with a kid? The kid got the joke...why can't you? It's pretty straight forward...."I don't have any candy...want a grenade?" hahah...life goes on.

snakelegs
06-28-2007, 03:49 AM
keltoi,
i hadn't watched it. now that i have it seems very much a non-story. it may be a tasteless joke, but the kid obviously takes it as a joke and does not look frightened, but playful. so, after watching it, i have to agree with you.

barney
06-28-2007, 04:01 AM

Hmm, In a Iraqi truck, dressed up in Iraqi clothing, with Iraqi weapons and all blacked up faces to appear like the Iraqi's.

And then they get shot by their own troops.

Its a lovely little westhating tinfoil rant you have going on there. it's the sort of denial that keeps the Terrorists going and the Iraqi's dying.

Cognescenti
06-28-2007, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Perhaps we can all take up a collection of tinfoil. He is bound to run short at some point.

guyabano
06-28-2007, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
no, say nothing. I had also something on my lips, my decided to shut up

MTAFFI
06-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I wonder if a kid would even run up to an Iraqi insurgent and ask him for candy?:? and if he did, I wonder if the insurgent would take the pin out of the grenade before he handed it to him?:?

glo
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
There seems to be a certain element of trust, almost friendship, in the way the young boy approaches the soldiers.
I detect no threat at all ...

And the scare of seeing the granade is only fleeting and resolves itself very quickly in laughter on both sides.

This video is showing a friendly relationship between a young boy and the soldiers. Encouraging to think that those exist, given the circumstances and duration of the Iraq conflict ...

Peace

glo

aamirsaab
06-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Ok what up with all this negativity? (apart from Glo and maybe a few others who have actually tried to put some positivity back into the thread).

Seriously guys, quit negging out and go get a job or something or just try and be happy for longer than 5 minutes.

In fact, take a look at this emoticon and see if you can mimick it for the rest of the day, cus this thread be locked (on a positive note mind you):

:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.