/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A WORTHWHILE computer game!

Trumble
06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
This is REALLY good; not a wargame but a peace game!

Peacemaker

In English, Arabic or Hebrew.

Peacemaker on Al-Jazeera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
vpb
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
what is peace?? never heard of it :p

Keltoi
06-26-2007, 11:32 PM
No car chases or explosions?

NobleMuslimUK
06-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Best game is Gears of War on XBOX 360.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
barney
06-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I saw this advertised a year or so ago in PC Gamer mag.

Somebody send Hamas and Israel a copy.

Skavau
06-27-2007, 12:53 AM
I am hopeful Deus Ex 3 delivers an impressive storyline. That would be a worthwhile game if it does.

north_malaysian
06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
whoaaa... I'm so buying this game... have anyone of you people have played it?

But have several questions:

* Why it's PM of Israel vs. Pres. of Palestine? Why not PM of Israel vs. PM of Palestine? Afraid of Hammas?

* The winning status is two states solution.... and the loosing status is 3rd Intifadah..... Why Intifadah?:?

Trumble
06-27-2007, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
whoaaa... I'm so buying this game... have anyone of you people have played it?

But have several questions:

* Why it's PM of Israel vs. Pres. of Palestine? Why not PM of Israel vs. PM of Palestine? Afraid of Hammas?

* The winning status is two states solution.... and the loosing status is 3rd Intifadah..... Why Intifadah?:?
It's the Israeli PM because they have more 'power' than the President. Constitutionally it's the opposite with Palestine (practice may be different of course, especially in Gaza)", but it had to be one or the other. The current version dates from before recent events in Gaza. I'd point out that the game is hard enough to play as the Palestinians anyway without being lumbered with being a 'member' of Hamas - the game assumes that despite difficulties both sides are seeking peaceful co-existence, i.e a two-state solution.

'Intifadah' is just used as a symbol that peace efforts and relations have totally collapsed and been replaced with war and violence.

The game is about creating peace; the Palestinians can get a 'military' victory no more than the Israelis can.

peacechaser
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
So shame, I'm Peacechaser and a gamer but don't know any about Peacemaker... :cry:

...So, obviously I'm interested :D. How do you play it? Is there any similar game to it?

north_malaysian
06-28-2007, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It's the Israeli PM because they have more 'power' than the President. Constitutionally it's the opposite with Palestine (practice may be different of course, especially in Gaza)", but it had to be one or the other. The current version dates from before recent events in Gaza. I'd point out that the game is hard enough to play as the Palestinians anyway without being lumbered with being a 'member' of Hamas - the game assumes that despite difficulties both sides are seeking peaceful co-existence, i.e a two-state solution.

'Intifadah' is just used as a symbol that peace efforts and relations have totally collapsed and been replaced with war and violence.

The game is about creating peace; the Palestinians can get a 'military' victory no more than the Israelis can.
I've search my favourite Malaysian site for that pc game (it's the only place to buy ORIGINAL pc game in Malaysia), and it's NOT AVAILABLE...:exhausted

vpb
06-28-2007, 04:58 AM
how sad. People are fighting there for real, and dieing everyday, and we are looking to play games , like we don't have anything else to do.

may Allah guide this ummah, cuz we're nowhere.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.