/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Categories of Fear (Khawf)

Umm Yoosuf
06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
The Categories of Fear (Khawf)

Taken from the book "Beneficial Speech In Establishing The Evidences of Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad Bin Abdil-Wahhaab Al-Wasaabee on pg. 60 -63

1) Fear in Worship: It is the fear of Allaah Alone, having no partner, and this type is worship of the heart, with which we worship Allaah. He, the Most High, said:

But for him who fears the standing before his Lord, there will be two gardens (of Paradise). (1)

Allaah, the Most High, said:

But as for him who feared standing before his Lord and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts. Verily, Paradise will be his abode. (2)

Allaah, the Most High, said describing His slaves, the Angels:

They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded. (3)

He, the Most High, said:

Those who convey the message of Allaah and fear Him, and fear none save Allaah. And sufficient is Allaah as a Reckoner. (4)

2) Shirk of Fear: It is that the slaves fear someone other than Allaah such as Jinn, a dead person or other than that, as he fears Allaah or greater. Allaah, the Most High, said:

Have you not seen those who were told to hold back their hands (from fighting) and perform the Prayer, and give Zakaat, but when the fighting was ordained for them, behold! A section of them fear men as they fear Allaah or even more... (5)

3) Fear causing Disobedience: It is that the slave fears the people so he leaves the obligatory or commits the Haraam fearing from them without being forced by them to do that act. So this fear causes disobedience to Allaah. Allaah, the Most High, said:

It is only Shaitaan (Satan) that suggests to you the fear of his 'awliyaa [supporters and friends (polytheists, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah and in His Messenger, Muhammad)]: so fear them not, but fear Me, if you are (true) believers. (6)

...So fear them not, but fear Me! (7)

...So fear them not, but fear Me! (8)

...Therefore fear not men but fear Me... (9)

4) The Natural Fear: It is like the fear of the person from the enemy and the beast (wild animal) and the snake and other than that, and this is permissible provided that he does not transgress the boundaries of the natural fear. Allaah, the Most High, said, relating the condition of His slave and His Prophet Moosaa (alaihi salaam):

So he became afraid looking about in the city...(10)

So he escaped from there, looking about in a state of fear... (11)

And Moosaa (alaihi salaam) said:

"My Lord! Verily, I fear that they will belie me." (12)

And Moosaa (alaihi salaam) also said:

"My Lord! I have killed a man amongst them and I fear they will kill me." (13)

*Footnotes

(1) - (55):46
(2) - (79):40-41
(3) - (16):50
(4) - (33):39
(5) - (4):77
(6) - (3):175
(7) - (2):150
(8) - (5):3
(9) - (5):44
(10) - (28):18
(11) - (28):21
(12) - (26):12
(13) - (28):33

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
06-30-2007, 08:17 AM
:sl:

Nice post. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.