Now that's what I'm talking about!

http://ramadan.muslimaid.org/Page170.asp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
:thumbs_up

Skywalker
06-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I actually first saw this on BBC World, where they had who I think were the CEOs of each organization talk about the new initiative to work together. I think it's absolutely brilliant because now they'll be getting donations from people who were reluctant to donate before due to religious reasons, while at the same time reach more people -- plus this is not just a step, but a huge leap forward in terms of inter-faith relations. Seriously, bravo to them!

More people need to know about this...

snakelegs
06-29-2007, 02:51 AM
i think it is important that muslims get involved in stuff with the community at large so people get to know and interact with muslims, working together on projects. unfortunately many people have never known or worked with a muslim so all they have to go on is what the media tell them.
it's not quite as easy to hate and fear people, once you've actually known some.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skywalker
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
That's true, and I think it's just as important that people begin to see a different side of Islam than what they keep seeing in the media. When people see Muslims helping humanity and actually being --prepare for a shock-- organized in doing so, I think that would go a long way in cleaning up a bit of the terribly tarnished image that exists of us nowadays. In other words, when Muslims actually start acting like Muslims in an organized manner, non-Muslims and other Muslims alike would actually admire them, instead of being sick of them from all the craziness going on.

But the whole inter-faith partnership is really cool IMO :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.