/* */

PDA

View Full Version : should I...

anonymous
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
:sl:

I'm at an age now where i'm thinking about marriage, and although i want to and have considered some brothers, i feel unsettled about a certain issue. This issue being wether or not i should tell the person i'm considering about my bad past, I won't bother you all with details but along the lines of abuse.
I'm told you must inform him, and others inform me that only after marriage you should inform him. I for one would personally like to tell the person as it has had a great effect on me...more positive than negative alhamdulilah. I think it would help him understand me better and i would feel like i'm cheating him in some way if i didn't....but...when?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rozeena
06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I'm at an age now where i'm thinking about marriage, and although i want to and have considered some brothers, i feel unsettled about a certain issue. This issue being wether or not i should tell the person i'm considering about my bad past, I won't bother you all with details but along the lines of abuse.
I'm told you must inform him, and others inform me that only after marriage you should inform him. I for one would personally like to tell the person as it has had a great effect on me...more positive than negative alhamdulilah. I think it would help him understand me better and i would feel like i'm cheating him in some way if i didn't....but...when?

:w:
assalam alaikum sis, i personaly think u shud tell him before marriage cus then u'll knw wt he feels about it etc and atleast u have told him sooo its not like u were keeping it from him if u knw wt i mean. if u dnt mind me askin is it abuse from family?

.:Umniyah:.
06-28-2007, 11:25 AM
I dont know if this relates to you at all, but i saw the tittle and thought back to your question, InshaaAllah it helps

Asking about a persons past..

anonymous
06-28-2007, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
assalam alaikum sis, i personaly think u shud tell him before marriage cus then u'll knw wt he feels about it etc and atleast u have told him sooo its not like u were keeping it from him if u knw wt i mean. if u dnt mind me askin is it abuse from family?

on one occasion, yes sister.

jazakallah kahir umniyah for the link

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
06-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Do not tell him , if it can be avaoided, avoid and forget about your past. Think / concentrate on your future.
good luck

tryinghard
06-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Asalamu alaikum sister,

I know this is hard, but I think it's best not to keep this hidden from your husband or future husband. You should not feel compelled to tell him everything and in alot of detail, but just enough so that he may understand how they have affected you. After all, this isn't some sin that you have hidden from him and will affect his whole perception of you! This was not your fault at all. And if he is a good man, which I'm sure he will be inshallah, he will understand and be supportive. but, more than that, you will be relieved to have this burden off of you. Hope this helps.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-30-2007, 10:17 PM
^^I totally agree! And InshaAllah, since your not at fault, he will understand you :)

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:36 PM
yeah i agree..tell him so he knows..its not ur fault.so dw :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!