/* */

PDA

View Full Version : different food

rozeena
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
assalam alaikum evri1, i reali want 2 knw wt type of food different cultures eat. i would also LOVE 2 get the recipe of the yellow rice dat bengalis make, so if any1 has gt the recipe or can get it off their mum i wud b veri veri grateful

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
assalam alaikum evri1, i reali want 2 knw wt type of food different cultures eat.
:w:

er paks and indians need ladoos, while chinese and japanese eat dadoos ? :p

i would also LOVE 2 get the recipe of the yellow rice dat bengalis make, so if any1 has gt the recipe or can get it off their mum i wud b veri veri grateful
yellow rice ? hmmm....make a pot of rice like u normally would, but stick a teaspoon of yellow tumeric powder in just when the water is boiling.

or were u looking for something more complicated ? :X

S_87
06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
:sl:

is the yellow rice sweet?

rozeena
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
no its nt sweet its like dem plain ones, der r soooooo yummy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

er paks and indians need ladoos, while chinese and japanese eat dadoos ? :p

yellow rice ? hmmm....make a pot of rice like u normally would, but stick a teaspoon of yellow tumeric powder in just when the water is boiling.

or were u looking for something more complicated ? :X
thanks 4 dat sis, im gunatry it wen i get hm, vnu put like ur normal chicken n dat in it?

piXie
06-28-2007, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
thanks 4 dat sis, im gunatry it wen i get hm, vnu put like ur normal chicken n dat in it?
im gonna try it wen i get home, when u put like your normal chicken n dat in it ?

did i get tht right ? :hiding:

n yea, do whatever u normally would do to cook the rice, or chicken rice or whatever...

but just put tht yellow stuff in when u put the other spices in ( its called Haldi) :)

Haldi is also very good for inflammation and joint pains. Khair, hope it goes well insha'Allah....

IbnAbdulHakim
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
yellow rice? you mean pilau rice? :? it does look kinda yellowish :?

Pk_#2
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
If that's what your talking about

THAT'S not how its made, sowi piXie :p

Peace.

rozeena
06-28-2007, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
teh i fink so.it is sooo deliciouse veri veri yummy n it smells loveli

seeker_of_ilm
06-28-2007, 03:48 PM
:sl:

Great topic, insha'Allah you could continue this further here:-

The Cookery Club

as it serves the same purpose.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.