/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Technique- PHOTOREADING

IceQueen~
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
:salamext: Anyone ever heard of Photoreading?

It's this amazing technique of reading something really fast- but it's NOT speed reading...

Typically you can read a book THREE times faster in just the first go! But with practise you get faster and faster...

It's to do with the fact that your conscious mind can only handle about 7 pieces of infromation at a time,

BUT your subconscious can handle 20 000!

So the concept is that instead of letting stuff go through your conscious mind
(from where it will go through your internal brain filter and it will be decided whether it should be stored in your long-term memory (which is in your subconscious) or discarded)

putting stuff straight into your subconscious instead (ie directly into your long-term memory)

watch the video to get a better idea inshaAllah:)

Photoreading video

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salaam
06-28-2007, 09:24 PM
salam, looks interesting, im watching it now...

06-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeh its an excellent method everyone should learn it :)

IceQueen~
06-29-2007, 03:06 PM
are you going to try it then baa? :mmokay:

oh here's another link with the steps in a bit more detail link

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
:salamext:

This might be the exact technique Imaam Bukhari, Imaam Al-Shafi'ie, and others from the salaf used to do!? Maybe.. cuz i remember hearing in lectures that Imaam Bukhari would have to cover a page up which he wasn't reading, otherwise he'd memorise that too.

Subhaan Allaah.

Pk_#2
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
lol nice thread sis :)

It was a weird but interesting link, i duno if i can hack reading books enough to actually photoread..

Nice1 dou :D

Peace.

Abdul Fattah
06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Selam aleykum,
I think this is very dangerous.

This is what I think happens:
the video said it's important to first have a purpose of what you want out of it, then you should overlook the pages quickly. Now common sense tells me that most likely, you will pick up a few words and let your sub conscience fill in the blanks based on your expectations! One should just try this with a mathbook and try solving some exercises afterwards. you'll see immediatly why this technique fails.

Now as long as your reading light literature which doesn't really hold that much information, or a novel where it doesn't matter if you got a part wrong. It even said in teh video, the key of activating it afterwards is skimming trough the text and passing all the irrelevant parts and focussing only on the parts that really matter.And in a lot of literature, that might be helpfull because a lot of bokos are filled with nonesense and only a small part of important stuff. So there's really no big harm in it. but Imagen people reading hadeeth or Qur'an like this, and filling up the blanks as their expectations guides them! I would defenitly not recommend this to anyone.

.:Umniyah:.
06-29-2007, 03:49 PM
so butter are you going to teach me or not ?!?!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
thanks abdul fattah, im put off it now :-/

mustafaisb
06-29-2007, 03:57 PM
:salamext: As an avid reader I gotta try this. Thanks! :wasalamex

IceQueen~
06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Selam aleykum,
I think this is very dangerous.

This is what I think happens:
the video said it's important to first have a purpose of what you want out of it, then you should overlook the pages quickly. Now common sense tells me that most likely, you will pick up a few words and let your sub conscience fill in the blanks based on your expectations! One should just try this with a mathbook and try solving some exercises afterwards. you'll see immediatly why this technique fails.

Now as long as your reading light literature which doesn't really hold that much information, or a novel where it doesn't matter if you got a part wrong. It even said in teh video, the key of activating it afterwards is skimming trough the text and passing all the irrelevant parts and focussing only on the parts that really matter.And in a lot of literature, that might be helpfull because a lot of bokos are filled with nonesense and only a small part of important stuff. So there's really no big harm in it. but Imagen people reading hadeeth or Qur'an like this, and filling up the blanks as their expectations guides them! I would defenitly not recommend this to anyone.

:sl: I see where you're coming from bro, and I can understand but you've got that impression because yeah the video clip is very brief

But if you read the actual book you'll see that it can be used with very complex texts too but depending on your memory power and practise you'll have to do a lot of activation

and as the book explains learning best comes in 'layers' so one will be going over the book several times to get all the information into their head, esp if its complex

here's another link
and another
third link

as for letting expectations guide you it's not that its actually that ur brain does not read words letter by letter but as a whole... inshaAllah I'll explain in more detail later ...

00:00
06-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Has anyone tried this, does it really work.

Abdul Fattah
06-30-2007, 02:53 AM
My expierience tells me: if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. I think this is just a clever way for selling books. (I mean the guide on how to do it, not the books you'd read with this method)

IceQueen~
06-30-2007, 06:53 PM
^ nah nah I've personally tried it out and from personal experience I know it works

the other thing is that I've done a lot of research in the past too about mental abilities and the subconscious mind, hypnosis etc (and even tried it out :X) to know that it works

the state you photoread in is a light hypnotic state and when I say hypnotic it doesn't mean some weird zomby state of mind lol

its the change of brain-wave frequency
there are dif types of brain waves:
alpha (day dreaming state)
beta (light sleep when dreaming/REM occurs)
theta (deep sleep)

so if you are in a relaxed state of mind u are in a light state of hypnosis and of course there are various degrees in level of each frequency

hope that makes sense:)

00:00
06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
ok cool, i'll try it out den.

deen_2007
07-01-2007, 10:47 PM
hmmm.....wudnt risk it for exams!

IceQueen~
07-04-2007, 12:24 PM
at least try it out! I've tried it personally and it works

as for exams lol try it otherwise and when u see it works use it for exams inshaAllah

jzcasejz
07-04-2007, 12:25 PM
^ Did you use the Book along with the Audio or something. Or you just read that online article you posted?

IceQueen~
07-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm trying to order the actual book from the library but I couldn't wait so
as usual I did my own research lol

I've just been scanning the net reading almost everything I could find till the picture was clear enough and then I found the video too which gave me the proper order of the dif steps

just type it up into google and read up here's the actual website: here

and here's another link which may make things clearer too (addressing what bro Abdul fattah mentioned earlier inshaAllah)link

jzcasejz
07-04-2007, 12:48 PM
^ Oh ok...I managed to locate the PDF version from *somwhere*...

Photoreading Manual

Photoreading Whole Mind System

IceQueen~
07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
ooh great Jazakallah Khair but you sure there's no viruses on there:?
just checking, my dad's really fussy about the comp...

jzcasejz
07-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes I'm sure... :) There's also some audios that come along with the Book, I might have them up later....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.