/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are there more women in hell than men?

Yanal
06-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Question:
Why are there more women in hell than men?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that women will form the majority of the people of Hell. It was narrated from ‘Imraan ibn Husayn that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I looked into Paradise and I saw that the majority of its people were the poor. And I looked into Hell and I saw that the majority of its people are women.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3241; Muslim, 2737)

With regard to the reason for that, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about it and he explained the reason.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women.” They said, “Why, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Because of their ingratitude (kufr).” It was said, “Are they ungrateful to Allaah?” He said, “They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment. If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, ‘I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1052)

It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out to the Musalla on the day of Eid al-Adha or Eid al-Fitr. He passed by the women and said, ‘O women! Give charity, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell.’ They asked, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religious commitment than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.’ The women asked, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what is deficient in our intelligence and religious commitment?’ He said, ‘Is not the testimony of two women equal to the testimony of one man?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Is it not true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her religious commitment.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 304)

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: “I attended Eid prayers with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He started with the prayer before the khutbah, with no adhaan or iqaamah. Then he stood up, leaning on Bilaal, speaking of fear of Allaah (taqwa) and urging us to obey Him. He preached to the people and reminded them. Then he went over to the women and preached to them and reminded them. Then he said, ‘Give in charity, for you are the majority of the fuel of Hell. A woman with dark cheeks stood up in the midst of the women and said, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Because you complain too much and are ungrateful to your husbands.’ Then they started to give their jewellery in charity, throwing their earrings and rings into Bilaal’s cloak.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 885)

Our believing sisters who learn of this hadeeth should behave like those Sahaabiyaat who, when they learned of this, did good deeds which would be the means, by Allaah’s leave, of keeping them far away from being included in that majority of the inhabitants of Hell.

So our advice to the sisters is to strive to adhere to the rituals and obligatory duties of Islam, especially prayer, and to keep away from that which Allaah has forbidden, especially shirk in its many forms which are widespread among women, such as seeking one's needs from someone other than Allaah, going to practitioners of witchcraft and fortune-tellers, etc.

We ask Allaah to keep us and all our brothers and sisters far away from the Fire and the words and deeds that bring one close to it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
:bump:

Good post mashaAllaah

LauraS
05-24-2012, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
The women asked, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what is deficient in our intelligence and religious commitment?’ He said, ‘Is not the testimony of two women equal to the testimony of one man?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Is it not true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is the deficiency in her religious commitment.’”

But how is that the woman's fault? We can't help menstruating or that there's a law that makes them considered less reliable witnesses.

Hulk
05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Laura, if you can spare some time I would suggest watching this video as it may answer your question and perhaps even more. It would be much appreciated!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LauraS
05-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi Hulk, thank you for the video, I will give it a watch! Although whether I manage all two hours in one go... :p

I understand women within Islam are meant to be treated respectfully and have rights regarding education, marriage etc but it's still unfair to say more women are in hell because of the reasons mentioned above. I'll see if the video discusses it.

I just can't help the feeling of, well this is another male dominated religion, of course there are more women in hell. :heated:

Snowflake
05-26-2012, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Hi Hulk, thank you for the video, I will give it a watch! Although whether I manage all two hours in one go... :p

I understand women within Islam are meant to be treated respectfully and have rights regarding education, marriage etc but it's still unfair to say more women are in hell because of the reasons mentioned above. I'll see if the video discusses it.

I just can't help the feeling of, well this is another male dominated religion, of course there are more women in hell. :heated:
Hi Laura,

The reason given for more women being in Hell isn't due to their lack of intelligence but because they were ungrateful to their husbands and not appreciative of what they provided for them from their means. The hadith (saying of the Prophet (pbuh) regarding women being deficient in intelligence has not nothing to do with the one mentioning more women being in Hell.

However, whether women like it or not, it is true that they are deficient in intelligence compared to men. However, there are seven types of intelligence. And there are things in which women excel at where men don't. But overall findings confirm what the Prophet said as true.

Dr Paul Irwing is a senior lecturer in organisational psychology at Manchester University. He claims that men are more intelligent than women.

All the research I've done points to a gender difference in general cognitive ability. There is a mean difference of about five IQ points. The further you go up the distribution the more and more skewed it becomes. There are twice as many men with an IQ of 120-plus as there are women, there are 30 times the number of men with an IQ of 170-plus as there are women.
I don't know why this is, all I can say is that we have a huge amount of data.
In my 2005 paper in the British Journal of Psychology we looked at 22 surveys sampling 20,000 university students. In 21 out of the 22 studies males always had an advantage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...us-426321.html
And what you have to look at, at the end of the day is that it isn't Islam putting women in Hell. It's her own choice. Her greed. Her lust for worldly things and if I may say, her lack of intelligence making her unappreciative of what her husband provides for her. Because if she knew what was good for her and for the peace and sanctity of marriage she wouldn't fight with him over money in the first place. Of course this doesn't apply to all women. But plenty of.

KDhieb
05-26-2012, 11:39 AM
But how is that the woman's fault? We can't help menstruating or that there's a law that makes them considered less reliable witnesses.
Salam LauraS,
being a female myself I can obviously understand what you are saying.. Although at the same time I don't think it is directed towards ALL woman.. there will still be men in hell.. It is true that females can often be neglectful of one another, and in this case the husband... possibly due to us being way more emotional? .. that's just my opinion

glo
05-26-2012, 01:42 PM
They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment
You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands
I must say that there is too much emphasis on 'being ungrateful to one's husband' here for me to feel comfortable.
Does this sound like a male-dominated religion trying to threated the women into submission and good behaviour towards their husbands?? :hmm:

If anybody can show me hadiths, which put a similar emphasis on husbands showing gratitude towards their wives, then I would feel reassured.

As to 'being deficient in intelligent' :?, I would have thought that was a reason to be lenient on women and send fewer into hell.
After all, do people with learning disabilities or other conditions with reduced mental capabilities go to hell because they lack mental and cognitive abilities?

Hulk
05-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi Hulk, thank you for the video, I will give it a watch! Although whether I manage all two hours in one go...

I just can't help the feeling of, well this is another male dominated religion, of course there are more women in hell.
No problem :) I understand 2 hours is pretty long but I am sure it will give you a better understanding. After all, given the importance of religious matters I think it would be of great benefit in terms of learning and understanding.

In regards to what was said above about more women being in Hell, instead of looking at what the answerer places as the answer try to look at what the Prophet pbuh said when he was asked why. It was about ingratitude, men are certainly not considered "above" women in Islam, but rather men are the providers, protectors, etc. This is the man's role to his wife, what the Hadith was referring to was the wives who do not have gratitude.

Also keep in mind that punishments in Hell happen after Judgement Day which clearly hasn't happened yet. So perhaps it is to serve as a reminder to wives not to take the roles of their husbands for granted. I do hope you take some time to watch the clip even if it is for a while as I am very limited in what I know and I am sure the clip will give provide a clearer understanding. InshaAllah/God willing.

Insaanah
05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
As you know glo, mocking Islam is not tolerated here.

Abz2000
05-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Let me make it clear to sister glo that the prophet pbuh was stating what he saw,
so it's not about dominating etc,
I would prefer he told us what he saw than not told us,
This gives people the chance to rectify.

Secondly, women are usually more in control of certain aspects than men,
Say for instance, a woman doesn't have an un-controllable urge to go out half naked to tempt men.
But a man can't help thinking, seeing or imagining what little is "left to the imagination".
Who would you blame for bad thoughts in this situation?
Taking into consideration the natural disposition.

Thirdly, the prophet pbuh told us that women would be a huge fitnah (tribulation/ test) in the time of the Antichrist.
I don't refer to the decent sisters, but to those naked wh0res walking about in the street when the sun comes out.

glo
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
As you know glo, mocking Islam is not tolerated here.
With due respect, I am not mocking Islam. Quite the opposite. I know Islam to teach that in Islam all are equal, and that men and women have equally duties and responsibilities towards each other.

What I am mocking is the interpretation of some, which seem to be used to keep women in a submissive and inferior place. I don't believe that to the the message of Islam!
I don't recall that Muhammed (pbuh) ever treated his wives as inferior beings!

Salaam

KDhieb
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

I must say that there is too much emphasis on 'being ungrateful to one's husband' here for me to feel comfortable.
Does this sound like a male-dominated religion trying to threated the women into submission and good behaviour towards their husbands?? :hmm:

If anybody can show me hadiths, which put a similar emphasis on husbands showing gratitude towards their wives, then I would feel reassured.

As to 'being deficient in intelligent' :?, I would have thought that was a reason to be lenient on women and send fewer into hell.
After all, do people with learning disabilities or other conditions with reduced mental capabilities go to hell because they lack mental and cognitive abilities?
Salam,

I don't think a comparison of a disabled person or someone with reduced mental capabilities to a women who is not either a viable comparison. At the same time I think one can understand that it also does not mean that the husband is free to be ungrateful to the wife.

I am a recent follower of Islam, and back when I understood way less than I do now, my stubbornness got in the way of practical understanding..

MustafaMc
05-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all). Quran 4:34

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari: The Prophet said, "The superiority of 'Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh." Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Amongst all those women who ride camels (i.e. Arabs), the ladies of Quraish are the best. They are merciful and kind to their off-spring and the best guardians of their husbands' properties.' Abu Huraira added, "Mary the daughter of Imran never rode a camel. Bukhari 55, 643

Traditionally, men are the bread-winners and are responsible for the upkeep of their households. The marriage relationship is an intimate one in many aspects and one that demands a high level of trust and honesty. Some wives are dishonest in managing the affairs of the household while the husband is away and they betray the trust bestowed upon them, while others are very honest in managing what they are entrusted with. In more recent times women have earned their own money, contributing equally to the marriage, and some communities are more matriarcal whereby the women are more responsible and the men are slackards. A prime example of this is the African-American community in USA. The Quran speaks often of believing men and women being rewarded for their deeds and surely Allah (swt) is just and equitable.

Aprender
05-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Whenever I see explanations like this I don't try and put myself in that category as in all women being this way because I don't believe that all women are the same. Some of us had amazing upbringings and we learned how to conduct ourselves in public. Others, not so much. You can watch reality TV shows in America and see the difference.

But I understand how it can be hard to read hadiths/explanations like this coming from the perspective of a non-Muslim and getting a little ^o) about it because you always hear rumors about Muslim men oppressing women and then when you go to the internet to try and clear the "misconceptions" and you see something like this, it turns it into "so it is true? :exhausted"

I can't tell you how many people I know who don't want anything to do with Islam anymore because of explanations like this about women online. Even though people say that men are no better than women in Islam, looking at something like this or reading hadiths that incorrectly translate the Arabic like one I came across for example that said women are the prisoners of men, turn women and men alike away from Islam. Alhamdulillah, I have a few close friends who speak Arabic and can provide better translations of certain words from hadith for me than what is online in an English context that I can understand and see the wisdom behind. Sometimes the wording in these explanations do come off as a little...^o) which is why there are more posts here trying to explain it.

I think something needs to be done to make sure the information like this is carefully worded in a modern English context for those who have yet to learn Arabic, but still accurate. Someone also needs to check the English translations of the hadith in Arabic because it is causing problems for those who want to learn about Islam. Yeah, a lot of people revert but I see a lot of people leaving the religion too after doing some internet searches and trying to learn more about the religion. We shouldn't ever be internet Muslims but sometimes reverts don't have access all the way to the masjid and the internet is a temporary source of their knowledge. And there are plenty of great video lectures in English out there from people like Nouman Ali Khan, Yusuf Estes, Joshua Evans and others but we don't always have an hour or two to sit through a lecture. There is still a need for accurate explanations in writing to help us gain Islamic knowledge.

There's a lot of good information out there but there is also a lot of sectarian garbage and even the legitimate Islamic websites sometimes leave me in confusion which is why I have to come here or ask more knowledgeable Muslims in the community to explain better for me. Often times I read things that don't seem right to me and I need a deeper understanding.

Rhubarb Tart
05-26-2012, 04:12 PM
:sl:
So women cant even agrue with him over money? So the husband get to do whatever he wants? And does this mean men are angels sent from above? :p

Bluebell said it best in regards to intelligence. Women tend to based their decision on emotions whereas men dont.

Hulk
05-26-2012, 04:15 PM
This is why women make awesome mums lol.

glo
05-26-2012, 04:17 PM
^
I like your post, Aprender.
I think there is much to be said for putting old teachings into modern language and terminology.
I found the expression 'deficient in intelligence' quite offensive. But when I think about it, I would equally find other terms offensive in other contexts - for example 'mentally retarded'. Simply because these words are not used in our modern language anymore, or they have become an insult.

Sometimes language can put us off really listening to the meaning underlying it.

Apologies for sounding sarcastic. I did not mean to mock the teachings of Muhammed. :sorry:

Rhubarb Tart
05-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Akhi.. 'naqisat 3aql wdeen doesn't translate to 'intelligence', it implies rationality i.e they are more emotional.. I'd go into this more but it is late and I am tired..
women and men have different brain composition.. and there are several books on that.. here are a couple

http://books.google.com/books?id=iHL...&ie=ISO-8859-1

Why are women more verbal than men? Why do women remember details of fights that men can't remember at all? Why do women tend to form deeper bonds with their female friends than men do with their male counterparts? These and other questions have stumped both sexes throughout the ages. Now, pioneering neuropsychiatrist Louann Brizendine, M.D., brings together the latest findings to show how the unique structure of the female brain determines how women think, what they value, how they communicate, and who they love. While doing research as a medical student at Yale and then as a resident and faculty member at Harvard, Louann Brizendine discovered that almost all of the clinical data in existence on neurology, psychology, and neurobiology focused exclusively on males. In response to the overwhelming need for information on the female mind, Brizendine established the first clinic in the country to study and treat women's brain function. In "The Female Brain," Dr. Brizendine distills all her findings and the latest information from the scientific community in a highly accessible book that educates women about their unique brain/body/behavior. The result: women will come away from this book knowing that they have a lean, mean, communicating machine. Men will develop a serious case of brain envy.
here is another one
The Essential Difference: Men, Women and the Extreme Male ISBN 0713996714
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...smaller-2.html

Hulk
05-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Thank you for sharing sis, this is why it's important not to speak without knowledge. We can get ourselves confused and in the process get others confused. We need to study more or leave it to the pros.:statisfie

MustafaMc
05-26-2012, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rhubarb Tart
So women cant even agrue with him over money? So the husband get to do whatever he wants? And does this mean men are angels sent from above? :p
Assalamu alaikum, the husband and wife should discuss large purchases and strive to come to an agreement. I don't believe that the husband should buy whatever he wants without regard for the family's needs. If the wife does not work outside the home, then he should provide her with an allowance for discretionary spending on what she wants. He should not be ignorant and inconsiderate of her wants and desires within reason, that is.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
05-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Asalaam Aleikum,

you know, when hadith and Quran are quoted on their own without anything else to back it up( no tafseer etc), it makes me cringe. This topic is always a big deal among women, because somebody always finds a way to just plaster it without thinking of the effects. Do we know from this original post WHEN the prophet (saw) said this and whom he was referring to? NO. That was not provided, and of course those individuals who do not have sufficient knowledge on this topic can only assume and interpret with limitation. It is a fitnah to do such a thing.

Thank you for your question. It is certainly an important one.
I have not been able to find a satisfactory explanation for this hadith. I pray that one of our esteemed scholars will offer us a new perspective on this hadith, especially since many non-Muslims like to cite this hadith as evidence that Islam discriminates against women.
I would caution against interpreting this hadith at face value for the simple reason that the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, was famous for his kind and equitable treatment of women. Therefore, for him to make a blanket statement about women's supposed inferiority requires some amount of interpretive flexibility on our part. For those who would accuse us of being apologists for the hadith, I would respond that every religious tradition has texts which appear to privilege men over women. The challenge for believers in modern times is to discover new interpretive possibilities for these texts.
What I find especially fascinating about this hadith is what emerges when you read between the lines. Was the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, alluding to a certain group of women? Could this have been a wake-up call for women who were slacking in their deen?
I don't believe that we can take one hadith and jump to the conclusion that the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, was saying that women are created inferior.
http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...=9406&CATE=375
“Less intelligent” than men

"O women! I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you” (Bukhari).

Before the advent of Islam women were not educated and so the statement was most correct.
If it was the norm of Islam, A’ishah, the wife of the Prophet, could not have been said to be the most knowledgeable in Islam by the male companions.

Dr. Zahid Aziz says:

As to "less intelligent", since literacy among women was very much lower than men at that time (and it still is in many countries), they would appear to be less intelligent. So the Holy Prophet would only be referring to a fact applicable to the people he was addressing. It doesn't mean that it is a "teaching" of Islam or that it is an unchangeable, permanent and universal state of affairs.

In the time of the second caliph Umar, when a woman publicly corrected him on a point of law, he admitted his error and said: "The women of this city are
more intelligentthan I am."

It is accepted by all (Sunni) Muslims that Umar could not possibly contradict the Holy Prophet (or the Holy Quran). The fact that Umar accepted correction from a woman and said women of this city are more intelligent than I am, is a very clear indication that the Holy Prophet could
never have regarded women as of inferior intelligence.
https://sites.google.com/site/sunris...out-of-context
As far as more women being in hellfire than men. If you do your research you will see that, there are more women than men on this earth (remember in Islam, polygamy is allowed, there are many reasons why). One of the end time prophecies is that one man will have to provide for 50 women in the end times. The birth rate of girld over boys is very high at this time as well. In my family just as an example, the last 7 children born in both sides are all girls. So it is no surprise.

Also, Does "women's liberation" and feminism ring a bell? Women themselves do not realize the great impact they have in society, too busy with their egos to realize this. Men and Women seem to have lost their God given roles in society and have gotten caught up in matters of the dunya, more than anything money.

There's a quote my dad always told me "if you want t o know the state of a people/a nation, just look at their women." It is an actual quote but I can't find it at this time. Food for thought.

- cOsMiC

Aprender
05-26-2012, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
Do we know from this original post WHEN the prophet (saw) said this and whom he was referring to? NO. That was not provided, and of course those individuals who do not have sufficient knowledge on this topic can only assume and interpret with limitation. It is a fitnah to do such a thing.
EXACTLY. This is exactly what I mean.

Abz2000
05-26-2012, 07:55 PM
also most of the time (from my experience) the men are less attached to the world, and go out to strive when necessary whereas women often seek security and don't want them to risk death.

it is a fact that men are less materialistic than women IN GENERAL, more women suffer from shopping syndrome than men.

i'm not saying though about many of the sisters i c these days, lol they seem more determined and frustrated at the situation than the men!!!

TrueStranger
05-26-2012, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
also most of the time (from my experience) the men are less attached to the world, and go out to strive when necessary whereas women often seek security and don't want them to risk death.

it is a fact that men are less materialistic than women IN GENERAL, more women suffer from shopping syndrome than men.

i'm not saying though about many of the sisters i c these days, lol they seem more determined and frustrated at the situation than the men!!!

Is that why men travel hundred of miles to conquer the land, wealth, and people (women in particular) of other nations?

Wealth and power are not in the hands of women, but greedy men who love this world. I think history speaks for itself clearly.

Abz2000
05-26-2012, 09:44 PM
lol i don't wanna start a gender war here :)
was just commenting on wot i observed and was giving one of the reasons i believed for there to be thagt disparity between the people of jannah and nar,please forgive me if i came across as some sort of woman hater, i love women! i want 4 if possible. i don't disrespect decent women, my wife is a woman, even my sisters are women and even my mother is a woman!

here ya go, hope it becomes clear:

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/462/

جوري
05-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I think there is much to be said for putting old teachings into modern language and terminology.
Isn't that the trouble with Christianity? A confused god- ineffectual apostles, self immolation after a night beseeching self & rescinding his laws of the OT by appearing to a charlatan in ghost form to modernize the language? You want that for the religion God chose for mankind? No thanks!
I found the expression 'deficient in intelligence' quite offensive. But when I think about it, I would equally find other terms offensive in other contexts - for example 'mentally retarded'. Simply because these words are not used in our modern language anymore, or they have become an insult.
ah, except it doesn't say 'deficient in intelligence' in Arabic go ahead bring Lisan AL Arab and the original Hadith and the scholars review and show me where it can be construed as you describe? Although in your case I do see the unctuous reasons for your desired rendition so where does that leave your mental status? I in fact challenge you to do the above so how about it?

Sometimes language can put us off really listening to the meaning underlying it.
I know just what you mean .. You do the same for me! I find you off putting and Tartuffey

Apologies for sounding sarcastic. I did not mean to mock the teachings of Muhammed.
of course you did .. That's your bread and butter. Isn't that why you keep trolling back like a bad penny? We're not 'Mohammedans' oh brazen mocker of the 'teachings of Muhammad' these are the teachings for all of mankind!
And he's to be followed with pbuh - if you can't accept or follow simple forum rules and especially if you don't like 'Mohamed's teachings and don't like the members here then don't be a member here!
I think you miss the point of the forum it isn't a social call so reference yourself back to FAQ.

best,

Muhammad
05-27-2012, 06:18 PM

Whenever we discuss a hadeeth or ayah from the Qur'an, we must strive to understand them based upon knowledge, not our own opinions and thoughts. It seems this thread is turning into a war zone so I think it is better to put it to rest. Let us remember the underlying lesson from the original post:

Our believing sisters who learn of this hadeeth should behave like those Sahaabiyaat who, when they learned of this, did good deeds which would be the means, by Allaah’s leave, of keeping them far away from being included in that majority of the inhabitants of Hell.
Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.