/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sir Salma Rushi

iqbal_soofi
06-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Why he is awarded with this title?

What did he write about the holy prophet that made Muslims angry?

Has he been awarded for messing up with Muslims or for his other works?

Did anyone here actually read Salman Rushdi?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
06-29-2007, 12:25 AM
He wrote that Allah had 3 daughters Lat Uzzar and Manat, 3 rock-idol (as in idols who were rocks...not heavy metal rock goddesses). It's implied that Allah was the cheif god of the pagan arabs and represented the moon, In Islams first years of creation it's implied that Mohammed, getting no converts to the religion, accepted that he would have to allow the pagans to keep some of their gods and that the three pebbles above were chosen.

There is a alleged removed surah that says Allah told Mohammed to say "Lat Uzzar and Manat, these are exalted females and their intercession is to be hoped for"

After finding some problems with this it's alleged that the surah "What! Sons for yourselves and only daughters for him!" was revealed and the "Satanic verses" were scrapped. Other people point to "If a surah is caused to be abrogated, we bring one better" as connected to this.

Sir Rushdi wrote a very boring badly written novel about all this and people knew absolutly nothing about it, he was a nobody. Irans ayatollah put a death sentance on him and the next day, everyone bought the book because it was suddenly interesting to try and discover what was so bad about it.

Rushdi in my opinion is a idiot. As a person he is a slimeball. Certainly not a good enough author to be knighted.
weather what he wrote is true or not...decide for yourself!

snakelegs
06-29-2007, 12:25 AM
he wrote a book called satanic verses. a muslim can better explain what was offensive. i read it, but didn't really follow it and didn't much care for it.
i liked his "midnight's children" tho. (about indian independence).
i wouldn't consider him a great writer.

barney
06-29-2007, 12:34 AM
The satanic verses are without exception refuted by all muslim schools of thought by the way as they contradict basic islamic teachings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iqbal_soofi
06-29-2007, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney

Rushdi in my opinion is a idiot. As a person he is a slimeball. Certainly not a good enough author to be knighted.
weather what he wrote is true or not...decide for yourself!
I too believe that the reaction against him benefited him more than what he truly deserved.

barney
06-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Knighting used to be , and should be, service to the Queen. nowadays its given to popstars and footballers.:rollseyes

iqbal_soofi
06-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Knighting used to be , and should be, service to the Queen. nowadays its given to popstars and footballers.:rollseyes
In fact, in modern days she doesn't need the human service anymore. (They take her to the service station.) So knighting is given away to popstars, footballers and others. :)

Keltoi
06-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I've read both Satanic Verses and Midnight's Children, and like snakelegs, I found his writing to be highly overrated. I made more sense out of J. R. Tolkien's "The Silmarillion"(or however you spell it) than I could Rushdie's work...and that is saying something.

NobleMuslimUK
06-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Iqbal soofi this topic has already been discussed, why bring it up again to cause fitna and stir up emotions. We dont care much for that scum bag rushdi nor that inbred royal family of Britain and who she knights. So take this rubbish else where thanks.

barney
06-29-2007, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
inbred royal family of Britain.
LOL

NobleMuslimUK
06-29-2007, 02:53 AM
LOL
Its a true fact spanning back centuries, shows how much history you know about your royal family.

Umu 'Isa
06-29-2007, 03:00 AM
:sl:
As the brother said before, this topic has already been discussed. Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.