/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why you are a muslim?

syilla
06-29-2007, 06:50 AM
:salamext:

We always asked this question to the reverts but I think everyone should try to answer this question themselves.

For me...

I'm a muslim,

Because i love the salah, it felt so good after doing it.

Because i love not drinking alcohol.

Because i love wearing clothes in modesty.

Because i love having a close relationship with my family.

Because i love eating moderately.

Because most of the good stuffs that is good already become a habit and a part of me.

Because i love fasting.

Because i love tawakalla'allah and not to worry so much.

Because i love the idea that this world is a test then i'll try my best to improve myself (kinda like taking part in exams)

Because i love the idea on having good intention in every tiny tasks i do.

Because i love reading Al-quran.

Because i love the idea of being careful in whatever we do, as the dunya is full of activities that will spoilt us in many kind of ways.

Because i love the idea that even there a mishap happen to us, it is a test and if we sabr, Allah subhanahuwata'la will reward us more.

Because islam has shown me that Allah subhanahuwata'ala is so merciful but we usually taken for granted for everything that we have.

wassallam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
:sl:

because i believe there is none worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammed :arabic5: is Allah's final messenger.

everything else comes with that

IbnAbdulHakim
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
because i believe in Allah and his messenger sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

not wanting to go to hell and desiring heaven also plays a big part :) sometimes i wonder if i would be a strong muslim without heaven and hell... la adri

Woodrow
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I believe the Qur'an is the only surviving written message of God(swt)

It has taught me a life style that gives purpose to my life

It has brought me closer to people who not only profess love of God(swt) but live and share it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
06-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Why you are a muslim?
'cus it roxors. my soxors. and my boxors....

syilla
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Why you are a muslim?
in english please.

By the way, It is of course i love Allah subhanahuwata'ala and the prophets. But i'm to shy to say it cause I ain't do much. :(

iqbal_soofi
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I am a Muslim becuase my parents were Muslims.

My parents were Muslims because my forefathers accepted Islam many centuries ago when soofis came to the sub continent.

My forefathers accepted Islam because the Soofis painted a very lovely picture of Islam.

Now the religious scholars and terrorists are showing the real face of Islam.

The false lovely image of Islam is broken, but there's no way anyone could out of this.

00:00
06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
because
i was born muslim
i believe there is none worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammed is Allah's final messenger.

'Abd al-Baari
06-29-2007, 08:34 PM

As a muslim am grateful to Allah for giving me a Muslim family and giving me Islam.
I am muslim simply because there is none worthy of worshp besides Allah and Muhammed (s.a.w) is Allah's messenger

aamirsaab
06-29-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
in english please.
I was just talking in leet speak.

Real answer: I'm muslim cus I was born muslim and enjoy living as one. It's quite cool you know.

Strzelecki
06-30-2007, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Why you are a muslim?
I laughed. ;D

siFilam
06-30-2007, 06:40 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
:salamext:

Why am I Muslim?

B/c the other man made religions doesn’t make sense. They are crooked and incomplete while Islam is the exact opposite of their deviations since it was perfected by our Creator.

wasalam
-SI-

Karina
07-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry - I had to!! :-[

For me...

I'm a muslim,
For me....

I'm do not subscribe to any religion

Because i love the salah, it felt so good after doing it.
Because I do not wish to pray to something I cannot see, or be sure is there at all.

Because i love not drinking alcohol.
Because I love having the choice to drink alcohol

Because i love wearing clothes in modesty.
Because I love to be able to choose the clothes that I want to wear

Because i love having a close relationship with my family.
Because I love having a close relationship with my family

Because i love eating moderately.
Because I love cooking and eating healthy food moderately

Because most of the good stuffs that is good already become a habit and a part of me.
Because I am a good, compassionate, thoughtful, caring, disciplined person without the fear of going to hell.

Because i love fasting.
Because I love the fact I can discipline myself to refrain from my favourite foods and that I'm not a glutton!

Because i love tawakalla'allah and not to worry so much.
Because I love having trust in myself as a person but even if I do worry and doubt myself, that I have the total support of my friend and family to help me through tough times.

Because i love the idea that this world is a test then i'll try my best to improve myself (kinda like taking part in exams)
Because I love not being totally sure why we're all here and being intrigued by what it's all about!

Because i love the idea on having good intention in every tiny tasks i do.
Because I love the idea of having good intentions in every tiny task I do

Because i love reading Al-quran.
Because I love reading all books to gain knowledge, and understand the difference between fiction and non-fiction, but also the importance of freedom of speech.

Because i love the idea of being careful in whatever we do, as the dunya is full of activities that will spoilt us in many kind of ways.
Because I love the idea of being careful in whatever I do

Because i love the idea that even there a mishap happen to us, it is a test and if we sabr, Allah subhanahuwata'la will reward us more.
Because I love the idea that I really can't be sure what this life is all about!

Because islam has shown me that Allah subhanahuwata'ala is so merciful but we usually taken for granted for everything that we have.
Because my parents have bought me into this world and taught me to be a good person with an open mind, and to never take anything in this world for granted.

Yanal
07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

because i believe there is none worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammed :arabic5: is Allah's final messenger.

everything else comes with that
Asalam alakum amani you said my words

vpb
07-01-2007, 01:07 PM

I am a muslim because:

1.Allah swt ordered and created me for the purpose of worshiping him.
2.I fear and love Allah swt

Umm Yoosuf
07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi Karina :)
For me....

I'm do not subscribe to any religion
May I ask why?

MustafaMc
07-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I am a Muslim, because I believe in God and life after death with Paradise for some and Hellfire for others. I grew up as a Christian with these same beliefs, but after reading the Quranic verses about Jesus and Mary and other people I knew from the Bible (pbut), I came to believe that the Quran was a true revelation and that Islam was the true religion.

Regretably, I went from 21 years old until 40 years old only practicing Islam occassionally. Then in June 2001, I decided to practice my faith regardless of the worldly consequences and regardless of what other people thought. I remember thinking that one day I must stand before my Creator and give an account for my life. I knew that I could not use the excuse that some misguided Muslims were killing innocent people as the reason that I personally did not worship God as He had intended. Masha'Allah, I have been consistent, though not perfect, in my practice of Islam since then.

I pray that Allah not let me or my wife die, but as a Muslim. She and I are the only Muslims in our entire families, but Alhamdulillah for it all. To be guided to the Truth is an indescribable blessing.

Karina
07-01-2007, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Hi Karina :)

May I ask why?
Yes of course, although I apologise if this is off-subject.

It's very simple. I see no reason for believing in a God, but, on the other hand, I have no means of disproving that God.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.