/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Flooding in Pakistan and India

snakelegs
06-30-2007, 12:30 AM
just saw this
Some 800,000 people have now been hit by flooding in Pakistan's Balochistan province, with hundreds of thousands of homes destroyed, officials say.
Many of them are without electricity or drinking water four days after a cyclone hit coastal districts.

Eyewitnesses say there is almost no sign of government relief getting to the affected areas.

Police have fired tear gas on hundreds of angry protesters in the city of Turbat who were demanding help.

for more:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6252588.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
06-30-2007, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
just saw this
Some 800,000 people have now been hit by flooding in Pakistan's Balochistan province, with hundreds of thousands of homes destroyed, officials say.
Many of them are without electricity or drinking water four days after a cyclone hit coastal districts.

Eyewitnesses say there is almost no sign of government relief getting to the affected areas.

Police have fired tear gas on hundreds of angry protesters in the city of Turbat who were demanding help.

for more:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6252588.stm
yes it is horrifying i saw on geo news

snakelegs
06-30-2007, 12:35 AM
afghanistan has been hit too.

barney
06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
:( Oh no. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
oh my god man i just hope iraq india and other places don't

Tania
06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
With this attitude the government will loose the people sustain in future. You can't leave your own people without water for 4 days :( and no sign you would care about them.

Trumble
06-30-2007, 05:48 PM
It's amazing that there aren't contingency plans in place to deliver immediate aid. Sadly, this sort of occurance isn't unusual in that part of the world.

BTW, shouldn't this thread be moved to 'world affairs'?

NobleMuslimUK
06-30-2007, 08:25 PM
:sl:
Truly sad and also dont forget Parts of Britain have been hit by major floods too. I hope this is a valuable lesson to the Muslim Ummah, its the signs our beloved Prophet Mohammad PBUH told us about nearing the end times. Floods and earthquakes will be frequent.
Also the disobedience of Allah is at en epidemic and these are punishments from Allah swt.

Allah swt knows best

snakelegs
06-30-2007, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
With this attitude the government will loose the people sustain in future. You can't leave your own people without water for 4 days :( and no sign you would care about them.
just about nobody supports the government anyway.
when there was that horrible earthquake, the gov't was also very slow to stir itself. what was cool is that ordinary pakistanis mobilized and did the bulk of the aid themselves, travelling to the areas and bringing food and stuff.
the american army also helped, which may have done a tiny bit to promote good will, but a few days later they lost it by dropping another bomb on some civilians...
maybe the people will mobilize again this time. not only have homes been destroyed, much agriculture is underwater and the irrigation systems are ruined.

Dahir
07-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, its not a good thing, but can we call it a learning curve? An area as volatile as the Pakistani mountainside coupled with India's rocky and mysterious weather patterns, I think the governments should be better prepared to take care of such situations. I won't fault them because even America was ill-prepared for hurricane Katrina.

snakelegs
07-01-2007, 03:49 AM
it looks like the gov't is now helping, though the need is enormous.

Dahir
07-01-2007, 04:50 AM
it looks like the gov't is now helping, though the need is enormous.
Always a good first step. Now time to get the infant to walk smoothly.

Tania
07-01-2007, 06:15 AM
the american army also helped, which may have done a tiny bit to promote good will, but a few days later they lost it by dropping another bomb on some civilians...
I don't know almost anything about Pakistan. :-[ Whats doing there the american army :?

snakelegs
07-01-2007, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I don't know almost anything about Pakistan. :-[ Whats doing there the american army :?
actually, i don't know and i don't know if anybody does for sure.

AmarFaisal
07-01-2007, 08:03 AM
The gov. said it was well prepared for disasters now,(after the earthquake) but this shows, they r nowhere near it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.