/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Car on fire crashes into airport

S_87
06-30-2007, 03:38 PM
:sl:

A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport before exploding, police have confirmed.
Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended.

One eyewitness said: "I heard the sound of a car's wheels spinning and smoke smoke coming out.

"I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building.

"There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames.

"The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
06-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Looks like we are going to have a hot summer this year in Europe.

00:00
06-30-2007, 05:26 PM
nice timing, clearly c its a set up man.

Yanal
06-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Asalam alkum yeh it is true and nice post it looks like we are going to have a nice hot summmer in europe i wish it was in Canada here it been hailing but stopped yesterday

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amadeus85
06-30-2007, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alkum yeh it is true and nice post it looks like we are going to have a nice hot summmer in europe i wish it was in Canada here it been hailing but stopped yesterday
I was talking about terrorism Yanal.

Keltoi
06-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I suppose we can take some small solace in the fact that these terrorists, whomever they may be, didn't manage to kill anyone.

wilberhum
06-30-2007, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
nice timing, clearly c its a set up man.
Ritht. :skeleton: Probably only a hundred people have a camera at an airport. :?

NobleMuslimUK
06-30-2007, 08:34 PM
This act defies logic. :? :raging:

S_87
06-30-2007, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I suppose we can take some small solace in the fact that these terrorists, whomever they may be, didn't manage to kill anyone.
peace

yes Alhumdulillah for that

glo
06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Let me get this right ... some of you guys seriously think these attacks are set up by somebody else???
Who? The government? The secret service?
For what gain? To make Muslims the scapegoats, and make Islam look bad?? :?

With that kind of paranoia, how do you ever leave your house?
Consider starting a thread in the Cyber Counselling section ... you need some serious emotional support.

Gee, I am getting mad with that kind of attitude - and I don't get mad easily!
Gotta take some time out ... :heated:

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:03 PM
aaah im from glasgow..its so scary now every1 is in shock!! alredy my frends who r muslims r getting abuse of ppl now ppl callin them terrorists..we didnt hve tht b4 in scotland now we do :(:( we aint safe no more :'(

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Glad nobody got killed. Nexy few days should give a clearer story.

06-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Its strange though ain't it, 2 attacks after brown gets elected. It don't add up, government definetly behind it. Wanna create feaR.

Keltoi
06-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Its strange though ain't it, 2 attacks after brown gets elected. It don't add up, government definetly behind it. Wanna create feaR.
That is ridiculous, and I think you know it.

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:50 PM
i know..i hate ppl who do stupid things like this. makes me sick..this world has becum very very messd up. dnt feel sfe

Cognescenti
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Yes, yes, quite agree! No thinking man could arrive at any other conclusion. Well done, however, by MI-5 to have one of the Glasgow chaps set himself alight. Superb, really. It adds to the credibility. Of course, we are too sharp for them, aren't we old chap.

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:54 PM
who know if the asian men were from glasgow u kno..any1 cud hav come up from london for example n did it.cud hav been sum big organisation frm afghanistan or sumwher n sent ppl over to do such a terrible thing

06-30-2007, 10:55 PM
That is ridiculous, and I think you know it.
Dont u find it a bit odd the timing of these attacks.

i know..i hate ppl who do stupid things like this. makes me sick..this world has becum very very messd up. dnt feel sfe
innit, i blame the people in power.

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:56 PM
and if it was done by the government who in their right mind wud accept an offer to blow themselvs up..why wud they..if they get paid for it..not as if they can keep the money haha lol anywys who cares if it ws the g'ment or not..end of the day its sick sick ppl out ther who r doin this n it needs to stop aaaaaaah :@

Keltoi
06-30-2007, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Yes, yes, quite agree! No thinking man could arrive at any other conclusion. Well done, however, by MI-5 to have one of the Glasgow chaps set himself alight. Superb, really. It adds to the credibility. Of course, we are too sharp for them, aren't we old chap.
Agreed. As we all know, MI-5 would be unable to access the terminal in order to plant a more "impressive" display. Very impressive operation....drive a car full of gasoline into the door of the airport terminal, and the only victims were the terrorists themselves....very impressive indeed. This should do wonders to help the new British prime minister.

06-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Well done, however, by MI-5 to have one of the Glasgow chaps set himself alight. Superb, really. It adds to the credibility. Of course, we are too sharp for them, aren't we old chap.
They probably brainwashed him or something.

Keltoi
06-30-2007, 10:59 PM
:rollseyes No doubt these people were brainwashed...

saira-k
06-30-2007, 11:02 PM
they were..aah. stupid ppl. what has this world come to!

Cognescenti
06-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Double ought zero...have you been watching the Manchurian Candidate again? You know that isn't good for you :rollseyes

snakelegs
07-01-2007, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saira-k
aaah im from glasgow..its so scary now every1 is in shock!! alredy my frends who r muslims r getting abuse of ppl now ppl callin them terrorists..we didnt hve tht b4 in scotland now we do :(:( we aint safe no more :'(
that's sad.
i would guess that the minute a muslim hears stories like this - the first thought would be "i hope it wasn't a muslim".
the muslims that do horrible stuff like that never think how bad they make it for their fellow muslims. :enough!:

Keltoi
07-01-2007, 02:28 AM
The Scotish official who handled the press conference mentioned today that any act of violence against Muslim citizens would not be tolerated. I was proud that there were few reported instances of reprisals in the U.S. after 9-11. Hopefully it will be same in Scotland, especially since nobody actually died.

Malaikah
07-01-2007, 02:29 AM

Am I the only person who thought that it was just a tragic accident when I first read the article? :?

What proof is there that it was an attack?

Keltoi
07-01-2007, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Am I the only person who thought that it was just a tragic accident when I first read the article? :?

What proof is there that it was an attack?
Lynsey McBean, a witness at the terminal, said the driver kept trying to push the car forward after it got stuck, and "the wheels were spinning and smoke was coming from them."

She said one of the men then took out a plastic gasoline canister and poured a liquid under the car. "He then set light to it," said McBean, 26, from Erskine, Scotland

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070701/..._airport_crash

saira-k
07-01-2007, 01:55 PM
omg! alredy sum1 from my community got beat up yday n was called a terrorist :( too scared to go out now.. n near where i live sum did graffitti sayin "kill all pakis starting with Mohammad Sarwar" scotland ws a nice safe place b4, every1 got on with each other.. now..im scared to go out my own house.. :'(

guyabano
07-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I just saw 5 minutes ago on TV, that they caught a 5th person related to the last bombing attempts and the car on fire.
And guess what, all the persons in interogatory are....islamists.

Is it a coincidence? Honestly, I don't like to believe it, but as 'Mariam' said already in another thread :but there is no smoke without fire.

Bittersteel
07-01-2007, 02:32 PM
seems coordinated to me.this is definitely bad news for Muslims.Lets see what type of people and from where these people were.This just has spoiled my plans to go to the UK for higher education.
I got relatives in UK and I don't want them to die in such a way.So I do support some tough action by the British government against certain bunch of idiots carrying out such actions.
some Islamic organisations(even some extreme ones) are good at bringing people back to the faith;rehabilitating them,after they got addicted to drugs and alcohol .But if these same organisations or certain elements of them are behind these attacks it's a shame.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Soon as I seen it I hoped iit wasn't Muslims that were behind it. It's not been confirmed.

Bittersteel
07-01-2007, 04:31 PM
evidence suggests that it might have been Muslims.It was a really good thing that nobody was killed.really.But acts like these are enough to cause upset.

guyabano
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, maybe they do it in the name of Islam, but they aren't real muslims !

May they burn in hell, whoever who committed that

taimur_9000
07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
:sl: I am a muslim, and i stay 20 minutes drive from glasgow in my life i never encountered rascial abuse towards me or to my family. But since yesterday it already has started to seem life for a muslim is just going to get worse day by day. Yesterday was going to pray maghrib and these boys looked at me coming and when i approached staterd spitting towards me not on me but looking at me and towards me and i just lowered my gazed and kept walking. Now i was just coming back from Asr Salaah and group of boys first said there is a Paki comming and kept repeating that word and said dis the Pakis Etc Feel so bad. I am sorry not linked to the topic but this whole sittuation is going to have a devastating effect on muslims here.

saira-k
07-01-2007, 07:10 PM
i know..scotland has changed now :(

Umar001
07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Let me get this right ... some of you guys seriously think these attacks are set up by somebody else???
Who? The government? The secret service?
For what gain? To make Muslims the scapegoats, and make Islam look bad?? :?

With that kind of paranoia, how do you ever leave your house?
Consider starting a thread in the Cyber Counselling section ... you need some serious emotional support.

Gee, I am getting mad with that kind of attitude - and I don't get mad easily!
Gotta take some time out ... :heated:
I don't see what there is there to get mad at, I personally don't give two toots about whether the person blowing himself up says that there is no God worthy of worship but Allah or whether he says I worship Bush or whatever.

From what I have heard in the past states or countries have done things and blamed it on 'enemies' or places to gain something, I don't see how that would be hard to believe. At the same time it seems that there are muslims who would want to do these type of things. I still don't think it can be just dismissed as paranoiya though.

Cognescenti
07-01-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I don't see what there is there to get mad at, I personally don't give two toots about whether the person blowing himself up says that there is no God worthy of worship but Allah or whether he says I worship Bush or whatever.

From what I have heard in the past states or countries have done things and blamed it on 'enemies' or places to gain something, I don't see how that would be hard to believe. At the same time it seems that there are muslims who would want to do these type of things. I still don't think it can be just dismissed as paranoiya though.
That a prosecutor might be overzealous in his prosecution or law enforcement rush to judgement is entirely plausible. That a government which is in no political peril would hatch a plot that might kill hundreds, and, incidentally, severly burn one of the plotters is preposterous. THAT is paranoia!

Cognescenti
07-01-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
some Islamic organisations(even some extreme ones) are good at bringing people back to the faith;rehabilitating them,after they got addicted to drugs and alcohol .But if these same organisations or certain elements of them are behind these attacks it's a shame.
That is a good point. It seems to be true to a greater degree of Muslim converts than those that are Muslim by family ties or tradition.

07-01-2007, 11:10 PM
with the war in Iraq, the way their treating Muslims in the UK, it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Cognescenti
07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
with the war in Iraq, the way their treating Muslims in the UK, it was gonna happen sooner or later.
Hard to argue with that. Let's incinerate Polly on her way to Grandmama's house in Glasgow. Hip, hip , hoorah!

Yanal
07-02-2007, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

A car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport before exploding, police have confirmed.
Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended.

One eyewitness said: "I heard the sound of a car's wheels spinning and smoke smoke coming out.

"I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building.

"There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames.

"The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm
here's another more better and etailed link i found
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...Terrorism.html tell me if you like it

wilberhum
07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
here's another more better and etailed link i found
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...Terrorism.html tell me if you like it
Can't do any better than the Seattle PI!:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

(It you don't understand, I live in Seattle)

Trumble
07-02-2007, 06:17 PM
And what "way" would that be?

wilberhum
07-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Especially if you believe in collective guilt and collective punishment. :raging:

I’m sure those in the airport were directly responsible for killing many Muslims. :skeleton:
Well for sure if you use OBL’s logic. :raging:

Karina
07-02-2007, 06:29 PM
That is a very naive and dangerous attitude.

:skeleton:

07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
this country is responsible for the killings of hundred of innocent children, women, and men in Iraq, Afghanistan, torture of Muslims in abu gharib.

And if u think that no-one will do something about it, even it means killing other innocent people than u need to wake up.

Cognescenti
07-02-2007, 06:45 PM
this country is responsible for the killings of hundred of innocent children, women, and men in Iraq, Afghanistan, torture of Muslims in abu gharib.

And if u think that no-one will do something about it, even it means killing other innocent people than u need to wake up.
Hey! I just got it. Your sign-in name is a timer on a you know what counting down to the big boom! Or, it could be apocolyptic. Either way, very clever.

Muezzin
07-02-2007, 06:49 PM
There's a fine line between understanding a different point of view, and endorsing it.

I hope nobody crosses that line when it comes to illegal violent groups, as that is against forum rules.

Karina
07-02-2007, 06:53 PM

That doesn't help anyone.

Turn your thinking to peace not hate my friend ... we've got to start somewhere.

:exhausted

07-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Turn your thinking to peace not hate my friend ... we've got to start somewhere.
What makes u think that i support these terrorist attacks and killing of innocent ppl, i ain't a terrorist no terrorist supporter, all i was saying is you gotta understand why they did it, they didn't just wake up one day and decide to blow up the airport.

Muezzin
07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
With that out of the way...

Let's discuss what actually happened/is happening.

Amadeus85
07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
all i was saying is you gotta understand why they did it, they didn't just wake up one day and decide to blow up the airport.

Yes i agree with you. Something must have pushed them to that acts. Probably they didnt like british foreign politics i guess. So they found very sophisticated way to express their feeling.

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Attacks lacked skill, but spread chaos By DAVID RISING, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago

LONDON - The attempted attacks in London and Glasgow bore the hallmarks of an al-Qaida operation, but they lacked a key ingredient: professional execution.

ADVERTISEMENT

While details are still emerging about the men and the methods behind the plot, analysts say the apparent ineptness in carrying it out indicates the group may have been amateurs working without the guidance or direct support of masterminds in Pakistan or the Middle East.

None of the makeshift bombs managed to detonate, and the only serious injury was suffered by one of the alleged perpetrators, who set himself ablaze.

But despite the failures, the attacks did accomplish one goal: creating fear and havoc throughout Britain as police cordoned off streets to search 19 locations, stepped up stop-and-search procedures and banned cars from approaching terminals at many airports.

The plot also brought the specter of Iraq-style violence in Europe, sending the grim message that — with a little luck — any jihadist with a car and easily obtained materials is capable of wreaking carnage.

"Even bombs that don't go off have worldwide repercussions, and I think this is part of the terrorist calculus as well," said terrorism expert Bruce Hoffman. "Even if they're not successful, they still have tremendous success doing what terrorism is supposed to do: generate fear and panic."

Still, analysts say a true al-Qaida attack would have been more expertly handled — and deadly.

"This was probably a bunch of guys loosely connected to al-Qaida who were sparked into action, but didn't have access to al-Qaida money and explosives people," said Peter Lehr at the Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence at the University of St. Andrews.

The Glasgow bombers showed some of the ineptitude of the homegrown radicals who allegedly plotted to attack Fort Dix in New Jersey in May. Those suspects allegedly sent a jihadi videotape to a local store to be copied, prompting the clerk to tip off authorities.

A lack of al-Qaida expertise does not always mean failure, however.

The North African men who blew up four commuter trains in Madrid in 2004 had no apparent links to al-Qaida, but killed nearly 200 people. It is still unclear to what extent the July 7, 2005, London transit bombers received formal al-Qaida training. Their attack killed 52.

But many more attacks by homegrown groups fail than succeed, and the most recent attempts appear to fit a general trend.

Fifteen people are awaiting trial on an alleged plot foiled by British police last August to blow up as many as 10 airliners flying from Britain to the U.S. with liquid explosives.

In 2003, police raided a London apartment and claimed to have foiled a plot to spread the deadly toxin ricin, though no ricin was found. Eight Algerians who had been living in London were either acquitted or never stood trial while a ninth was convicted of murdering a police officer.

Five al-Qaida-linked British men were sentenced to life in prison in April over a planned 2004 bombing spree against targets including a nightclub and power plants.

However, surveillance teams tracking the 2004 plotters — who planned to use fertilizer-based bombs — picked up two of the later London subway attackers among the group's associates, but failed to piece together intelligence in time to halt the assault on commuters the next year.

Experts warn that while unaffiliated radicals don't often have the support or expertise to stage a major attack, that very independence allows them to operate under authorities' radar. British officials are reportedly monitoring more than 2,000 radicals, but it was not known whether those allegedly behind the most recent attacks were among them.

"As the London attacks showed two years ago, unsophisticated devices can kill people just as easily as sophisticated ones," said Hoffman, who teaches at Georgetown University. "And so I think what we're seeing has been a hallmark of al-Qaida, or other jihadi operations in the UK going back to 2003."

The U.S. Homeland Security secretary, Michael Chertoff, also warned against dismissing attacks like the ones in Britain as being less of a risk because of a supposed lack of professionalism.

"People are very quick to characterize a plot as being sophisticated or amateurish," Chertoff said in a television interview. "The fact is, any plot is dangerous. And if on Sept. 10, 2001, someone had talked about the hijacking of airliners with knives and box cutters, I think they would have been laughed at as coming up with a childish plan."

Even though the propane cylinder bombs left in two cars in London didn't explode and the Jeep rigged the same way that crashed into the entrance of the Glasgow airport also failed to blow up, the spectacular scene of the blazing SUV may have been effective from a terrorist's perspective, Hoffman said.

Already there is the inconvenience of intensified security measures, and the fact that the deadly transit bombings of July 7, 2005, were followed two weeks later by a second, but failed, attack is on most people's mind.

"Some plots succeed and some don't, but if your strategy is as much a form of psychological warfare as actual warfare, they still achieve, from a terrorist point of view, an enormous psychological impact on target audiences," Hoffman said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070702/...rorism_s_goals

Keltoi
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
The latest word is that they have arrested 5 Muslim doctors in connection with this case. That is a rather strange twist to the story, and will create more problems for everyday Muslims because of the difficulty in profiling these guys. It shows that it isn't only young, ostracized Muslim men, but professionals that are involved with these things. The U.K. got wind of that after the 7/7 bombings, but this will only reinforce the problem.

Zman
07-03-2007, 05:41 PM

This is what I posted on my non-Muslims terrorism thread:

Christian Terrorist Attempts Car-Bombing In Iowa

2 out of 5 Americans believe Jesus is going to come down out of the clouds sometime in the next 50 years Are you an enemy combatant?

Christian terrorist attempts car-bombing in Iowa and gets charged with 2nd-degree arson. Last week, as you may (or may not), have heard, David Robert McMenemy attempted to destroy an abortion clinic in Davenport, IA by dousing his car in gasoline and driving it through the wall of the Edgerton Women’s Health Center.

edit - It’s been brought to my attention that Mr. McMenemy drove through the front doors and not a wall. It has also been claimed by a nearby resident that the gasoline was added after crashing through the doors, although this article disputes that.

Fortunately, no one was hurt because he reconsidered lighting himself on fire for God at the last moment. And laughably, the clinic he attempted to destroy does not even perform abortions.

Schadenfreude aside, this is a terrorist act. He should be tried as a terrorist. (Perhaps we should torture him in a secret prison in case he has friends who are also planning other actions. That is our policy now, right?) Second-degree arson is ridiculous. We lock foreigners (and sometimes Americans) up indefinitely in Guantanamo Bay for the slightest possible connections to Islamic terrorism. Yet, this Christian terrorist is charged with a minor felony? Absurd!

Class C felonies, which 2nd degree arson is in Iowa, are punishable by imprisonment of not more than 10 years and a fine between $1000 and $10,000 under Iowa law. He is getting off easy just because he believes in the right make-believe super hero.

For now, you may also believe in the “correct” deity, and find yourself safe from persecution for those beliefs. But consider what happens if public opinion turns or you have a change of heart, and you find yourself in the future’s minority? As a former President said yesterday, “Democracy is about way more than majority rule. Democracy is about minority rights, individual rights, restraints on power.” Lately, we’ve had far too many failures when it comes to living up to those words.

UPDATE David McMenemy’s case has been moved to federal court. He now faces a charge of “committing arson against a business affecting interstate commerce” which carries a prison term of between five and 20 years and a fine.

Source:
http://jdallen.org/news/christian-te...mbing-in-iowa/
The following was the excuse making. Compare these responses to the condemnations and sarcasm by non-Muslims on this thread, the failed london car bomb (that didn't hurt anyone), and the Glasgow car that had gas poured over it and driven into part of the airport (exactly like what the above Christian Terrorist did), but excuses were tendered on behalf of the Christian terrorist, and condemnations were issued against the Muslims, as usual:

A tortured soul who didn't even identify himself as Christian (though he might have been) drives his Saturn into a medical clinic and then lights it on fire. Nobody is hurt...

What, sir, is your point? Is the point that there exist kooks all over the world? If that is your point, I will stipulate that...

wilberhum
07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zman

This is what I posted on my non-Muslims terrorism thread:

The following was the excuse making. Compare these responses to the condemnations and sarcasm by non-Muslims on this thread, the failed london car bomb (that didn't hurt anyone), and the Glasgow car that had gas poured over it and driven into part of the airport (exactly like what the above Christian Terrorist did), but excuses were tendered on behalf of the Christian terrorist, and condemnations were issued against the Muslims, as usual:

More Bridge Building?

Cognescenti
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM

[/i]
If you are going to quote me, I insist on attribution! :D If you are trying to say these situations are analogous then you are going to have quite a credibility well to climb out of. The only things in common are gasoline and a four-wheeled vehicle. The buidling was unoccupied. There was no conspiracy. He didn't appear to even cite Christianity as a motive. He just seems like a nutjob. That being said, arson is a very serious crime. They should put him in jail for 20 to life if he is convicted. See if I care. I have no sympathy for the nutbar and his disordered brain chemicals, unless he can be shown to have a treatable condition.

OK..back over to you. Now explain to us why we should see no difference between this incident and a clear consipracy (minimum of two) who decide to kill people they don't know despite the fact that their brains appeared to be working OK.

nevesirth
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
all these is only going to create a cycle of violence, its gonna take ages to stop this cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilberhum
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
all these is only going to create a cycle of violence, its gonna take ages to stop this cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are so right and that is so sad. I question that it will ever stop.

But I truly hope so.

Karina
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
That is the most refreshing and truthful thing I have read all day!

:thumbs_up

nevesirth
07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
That is the most refreshing and truthful thing I have read all day!

:thumbs_up
yeah, its not a matter of whos right or wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karina
07-03-2007, 07:56 PM
yeah, its not a matter of whos right or wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We could make things so much better for ourselves if everyone thought like u n me... I'm sure of it!!

Hey but one step at a time huh??

:statisfie

nevesirth
07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
We could make things so much better for ourselves if everyone thought like u n me... I'm sure of it!!

Hey but one step at a time huh??

:statisfie
well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTAFFI
07-04-2007, 12:32 AM
IT IS AMAZING HOW AL QAEDA CAN INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THESE THINGS

Those who cure you will kill you

Deborah Haynes in Baghdad, Michael Evans and Adam Fresco
An al-Qaeda leader in Iraq boasted before last week’s failed bombings in London and Glasgow that his group was planning to attack British targets and that “those who cure you will kill you”, The Times has learnt.

The warning was delivered to Canon Andrew White, a senior British cleric working in Baghdad, and could be highly significant as the eight Muslims arrested in the wake of the failed plot are all members of the medical profession.

Canon White told The Times that he had passed the general warning, but not the specific words, to a senior official at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in mid-April. A Foreign Office spokesman said last night that it was forwarding the actual words to the Metropolitan Police.

The Times also learnt yesterday that one of the suspects, the Iraqi doctor Bilal Abdulla, had links to radical Islamic groups, and that several of the eight suspects have now been linked to known extremist radicals listed on MI5’s data base. Canon White, who runs Baghdad’s only Anglican parish, said that he met the al-Qaeda leader on the fringes of a meeting about religious reconciliation held in Amman, the Jordanian capital.

“He talked to me about how they were going to destroy British and Americans. He told me that the plans were already made and they would soon be destroying the British. He said the people who cure you would kill you.”

The man, who was in his forties and had travelled from Syria for the meeting, said that the plans would come to fruition in the next few weeks and target the British first. He said that the British and Americans were being targeted because of their actions in Iraq. He did not learn the man’s identity until after the meeting, and will not disclose it now, but said: “I met the Devil that day.”

Separately, intelligence sources told The Times that Bilal Abdulla, 27, the Iraqi doctor involved in the Jeep attack last Saturday on Glasgow airport, had links to radical Islamic groups and was plotting a terrorist attack. They said that Dr Abdulla had met Mohammed Asha, 26, the Jor danian doctor arrested near Sandbach on Saturday night, through their fathers, who were friends. The two young doctors kept in touch after they came to Britain two or three years ago.

The eight suspects are all young, Muslim and connected to the medical profession. But they come from Jordan, Iraq, other Middle Eastern countries and India, and before now there had been no clue as to how they met in this country.

The last of the eight suspects to be arrested was named yesterday as Mohammed Haneef, 27, an Indian doctor working in Australia. He was taken into custody as he waited to make a one-way journey to India via Kuala Lumpur at Brisbane international airport on Monday night.

Australian police were also questioning Dr Haneef’s friend Mohammed Asif Ali, another Indian Muslim and fellow doctor. Both men had worked in hospitals in Liverpool before moving to Australia within a month of each other last autumn.

Two other Asian men were arrested in Blackburn yesterday after two deliveries of gas canisters to an industrial estate in the town. The men are being held at a police station in Lancashire on suspicion of offences under the Terrorism Act 2000, but police said it was too early to say whether the arrests were connected to the London and Glasgow attacks.

Police sources said that they believed they had now apprehended all the main suspects behind those attacks. The three Scottish suspects — Dr Abdulla and two men of Middle Eastern origin arrested at the Royal Alexandra Hospital near Glasgow on Sunday night — were moved yesterday to Paddington Green police station in West London. There they joined Dr Asha, his wife Marwa, and an unnamed 26-year-old man arrested in Liverpool on Saturday. Security sources said that they believed Dr Abdulla and the other man who drove the Jeep into Glasgow airport were also responsible for the failed car bombings in London on Friday.

The driver of the Jeep has not been officially arrested as he is critically ill in the Royal Alexandra Hospital with 90 per cent burns. Whitehall sources said that he might never be questioned as he was close to death.

Several of the suspects have now been linked to known extremist radicals listed on MI5’s data base. Security sources told The Times that none of them had been under surveillance as part of any counter-terrorist operation. The security sources said that although a number of the suspected plotters did feature on the data base, it was only in connection with general extremist activities.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2023024.ece

Cognescenti
07-04-2007, 01:16 AM
from the above article....“He talked to me about how they were going to destroy British and Americans. He told me that the plans were already made and they would soon be destroying the British. He said the people who cure you would kill you.”

Hmmm. Maybe it's bluster..maybe not. Perhaps there is another similar group in the US.

Zman
07-04-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Those who cure you will kill you

Like the cretin physicians, psychiatrists and nurses at Guantanamo, who aid in the torture of innocent people.

Let's clean up our house first, before we lecture others...

Keltoi
07-04-2007, 03:18 AM

Like the cretin physicians, psychiatrists and nurses at Guantanamo, who aid in the torture of innocent people...
:rollseyes Okay....smile knowingly and move on.

Cognescenti
07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Neurosurgeons launching themselves at airports intent on self-immolation and, not insignificantly, the killing of as many Brits as possible. :?

Is anyone else starting to worry this may go on a long time?

This attack was incredibly amateurish but the zeal and conviction of the attackers can hardly be doubted.

Forget about burning Jeeps and airports, what if a couple of quality control types at a Western drug manufacturer conspired to do harm? :omg:

Bittersteel
07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
all 8 or 9 of the suspects seem to be doctors or had medical elated professions.weird.

aamirsaab
07-04-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
all 8 or 9 of the suspects seem to be doctors or had medical elated professions.weird.
Key word is suspect ;). Let us remind ourselves (or rather me remind you lot) that it is innocent until proven guilty in the UK.

Keltoi
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Key word is suspect ;). Let us remind ourselves (or rather me remind you lot) that it is innocent until proven guilty in the UK.
Granted..although when you handcuff a guy that is on fire after he drove an SUV full of flammable liquid into an airport terminal...well, it doesn't look good.

aamirsaab
07-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Granted..although when you handcuff a guy that is on fire after he drove an SUV full of flammable liquid into an airport terminal...well, it doesn't look good.
Now that I will give you. The other 5/6 who where arrested however...

Cognescenti
07-04-2007, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Now that I will give you. The other 5/6 who where arrested however...
Imagine you were the second guy in the Jeep and you thought you were simply going to pick up someone's grandma. :)

aamirsaab
07-04-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Imagine you were the second guy in the Jeep and you thought you were simply going to pick up someone's grandma. :)
That comment was aimed at the other guys/gals (hey, might aswell throw in some PC) who had also been arrested as suspects - the '5/6' bit was an innacuracy on my part since I didn't know the exact amount that had been arrested. In any case my original point still stood about being innocent until proven guilty in the UK.

To answer your question truthfully though, I'd have to donate to the swear jar...multiple times. :p.

Amadeus85
07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Some muslims say here that british police and goverment are biased against them and islam. But i think that british officials are extremely political correct. Mainstream media also i guess. After that failed car crash in airport attempt no Scottish official said that they were muslims who did it. They didnt even give their nationality, they just mentioned "asians" which may mean also Chinese and Koreans. But of course in such cases after the mens' names are mentioned in newspapers and other media, everyone can guess.

root
07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
The Glasgow bombing was stupid

Stupid - Because it looks to most people Allah never wanted them to do it since they failed so stunningly and no one was killed including themselves. Thier martydom will only be a few life sentences then death by natural causes and a reserved seat in hell. (not that I believe in hell)

Stupid - Because for many Scots, Scotland has suffered at the hands of the English also with a bloody history with them too. Scotland wants to be a free independant country free from England, this is and always has been by PEACEFULL & POLITICAL means. Scots never have and never will resort to violence to achieve this aim, so people who use violence like these Muslims only show the Scots how right they are to pursue a peaceful way to indapendance.

Way to go terrorists, it's a stunning own goal

Keltoi
07-05-2007, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
The Glasgow bombing was stupid

Stupid - Because it looks to most people Allah never wanted them to do it since they failed so stunningly and no one was killed including themselves. Thier martydom will only be a few life sentences then death by natural causes and a reserved seat in hell. (not that I believe in hell)

Stupid - Because for many Scots, Scotland has suffered at the hands of the English also with a bloody history with them too. Scotland wants to be a free independant country free from England, this is and always has been by PEACEFULL & POLITICAL means. Scots never have and never will resort to violence to achieve this aim, so people who use violence like these Muslims only show the Scots how right they are to pursue a peaceful way to indapendance.

Way to go terrorists, it's a stunning own goal
I understand your point, but I think William Wallace and Robert the Bruce would disagree with parts of that:D

Bittersteel
07-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Some muslims say here that british police and goverment are biased against them and islam. But i think that british officials are extremely political correct. Mainstream media also i guess. After that failed car crash in airport attempt no Scottish official said that they were muslims who did it. They didnt even give their nationality, they just mentioned "asians" which may mean also Chinese and Koreans. But of course in such cases after the mens' names are mentioned in newspapers and other media, everyone can guess.
the British authorities have been really responsible and professional this time.British ministers haven't started shouting"Burkhas/hijab be banned",etc.
they are doing a really good job.

British Car Bomb Plot
Indian suspect's family says he's innocent
Afp, Bangalore

The family of an Indian doctor arrested in connection with a British car bomb plot said yesterday he would be proven innocent and return home with "honour and respect."

The suspect, Mohammed Haneef, 27, was detained in Australia in connection with failed car bombings in London and an attempted attack on Glasgow airport last Friday and Saturday. He was about to fly home to see his infant daughter.

"We are confident that he will be released in a day or two," said Shoaib, 20, his brother. "Australian officials have told us he has only been detained for questioning."

"He is such a good person that no one will be able to find a single negative in any corner of his record or conduct," Shoaib said in an interview at the family's three-bedroom apartment in Bangalore's middle-class Richard Park area.

Haneef's wife Firdous had been distraught since hearing news Tuesday of her husband's detention and moved to her father's house with her week-old baby to avoid visitors, the brother said.

His mother Qurrathulain sat in a bedroom weeping while relatives and reporters crowded the third-floor apartment.

Haneef, who was employed at the Gold Coast Hospital on Australia's eastern Queensland state, was described as an ideal family man who sought to improve himself and help others.

He put his brother and sister, Sumayya, through school and college after their father's death in a road accident and studied on a scholarship at the B.R. Ambedkar Medical College in Bangalore, from where he graduated in 2002.

One faculty member remembered him as a "quiet, sober" student.

"We can't believe he would be involved in something like this," B.S. Ramesh, an assistant professor of surgery, said. "Of course it can't be ruled out totally."

His sister Sumayya said he was "moderately religious." Although he prays five times a day and fasts during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in keeping with Islamic religious tenets, he enjoys Hindi music and movies.

He is "a very humble and good-natured man," said Sumayya. "We have faith in god. My brother will return with honour and respect."
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/...7051303109.htm
appeared in our daily in Bangladesh.

MTAFFI
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Exclusive: U.K. Terror Plot -- Why the Bombs Failed
Fuel-Air Bombs Notoriously Difficult

According to nonclassified documents reviewed by ABC News, and confirmed by multiple sources, both mobile telephones initiated firing mechanisms rigged inside a Mercedes E 300 parked several yards from the front door of Tiger Tiger nightclub failed despite multiple calls to the cell phones designed to remotely trigger the devices.

Had the fuel-air bombs successfully ignited into a superhot fireball filled with roofing nails, casualties were almost a certainty among the 500 or so patrons who partied late at the 1,700-person occupancy nightclub that perhaps best symbolizes London's vital nightlife scene.

Instead, at about 1:42 a.m., a vigilant ambulance crew on an unrelated call spotted a plume of cold propane from a slightly opened window of the car that contained patio fuel cylinders in the foot wells behind the driver and passenger seats, ABC sources said. When a bomb technician in a 90-pound Kevlar suit walked down to the vehicle to examine it, he also found a firing system rigged inside the car and another inside its trunk along with four jugs of gasoline. The technician successfully disarmed the devices..

A second Mercedes rigged with a similar incendiary device was parked several hundred yards away. Several experts on improvised explosives tactics suggested that the second device might have either been meant for patrons who escaped the first or to target rescue workers.

Within 14 hours after the plot failed, the same two men believed to have planted the bombs in London attempted what appears to have been a suicide incendiary attack on the doors to a terminal at Scotland's Glasgow Airport. That attack failed too. The vehicle failed to reach the doors, and its contents failed to ignite even after one of the occupants tried to douse the car in gasoline, setting himself on fire in the process.

Fuel-air bombs, whether professionally made or rigged by novices, are notoriously difficult to get to perform as intended, which analysts said is why they are so rarely used. Despite some surface similarities to vehicle born improvised explosives used in Iraq, these incendiaries are essentially different.

The Iraqi bombs are explosives linked to gases either in the idea of increasing their effectiveness or spreading a chemical cloud. The London and Glasgow devices are not explosives at all, but firebombs

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3345743&page=1

root
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I understand your point, but I think William Wallace and Robert the Bruce would disagree with parts of that:D
That was funny, but I mean in the modern world.,.....

Keltoi
07-05-2007, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
That was funny, but I mean in the modern world.,.....
Yeah, I know. Couldn't resist. Scotland has indeed been quite peaceful in their call for independence.

Amadeus85
07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Do you know that according to latest researchers, Wallace could have been an english agent. Quite amazing huh, especcially when we remember Gibson's great movie.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.