/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why are?....

Helena
06-30-2007, 10:42 PM
:sl:

i dnt understand why are islamic goods too expensive..such as books/games/dvds/videos/events/ and so on...and even halaal sweets....

do u agree or disagree?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
their not lol! open your wallet up!!! :p and you dont hav to hav all that stuff, its just there incase you want it :D

if i didnt help, you are welcome to pm me rude comments. but be warned! i WILL ignore theM!

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:43 PM
no i dont think so..i think its at a standard price..guess depends where u get it from and what it is..cos like some things r imported from far east etc so prices wil be expensive i think lol

Al-Hanbali
06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
:salamext:

Have you checked the video made by Ummah Films. They also raised this issue:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iyczVCnHloY

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
their not lol! open your wallet up!!! :p and you dont hav to hav all that stuff, its just there incase you want it :D

if i didnt help, you are welcome to pm me rude comments. but be warned! i WILL ignore theM!
they are too.....mashAllah my purse u mean..its always open to gain knowledge inshAllah...

me rude...astagfirulla...:raging: .....

for example...message dvd...19.99

halaal...jelly sweets....come on 60p for a small packet....shud be at least...30p

black seed oil.....£8....darn

jilbaabs...jeeeeeez £55 or more......ya Allah...

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2007, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
they are too.....mashAllah my purse u mean..its always open to gain knowledge inshAllah...

me rude...astagfirulla...:raging: .....

for example...message dvd...19.99

halaal...jelly sweets....come on 60p for a small packet....shud be at least...30p

black seed oil.....£8....darn

jilbaabs...jeeeeeez £55 or more......ya Allah...
whoah you must go to some islamic armani or something man or gucchi or wat the... lol go whitechapel!!!

Star
06-30-2007, 10:51 PM

i dnt understand why are islamic goods too expensive..such as books/games/dvds/videos/events/ and so on...and even halaal sweets....

do u agree or disagree?

i dont think islamic goods generally are that expensive, however i've found that some islamic books are quite expensive. I've never taken an interest in islamic games/dvds/videos/ so i dont know about them.

saira-k
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
hahahaha islamic armani/gucci :L

Helena
06-30-2007, 10:53 PM
whoah you must go to some islamic armani or something man or gucchi or wat the... lol go whitechapel!!!

i do shop in whitechaple......Arabian nites/ zam zam in upton park...are abit/ alot pricey...

it shud be reasonable.....

IbnAbdulHakim
06-30-2007, 11:01 PM
i do shop in whitechaple......Arabian nites/ zam zam in upton park...are abit/ alot pricey...

it shud be reasonable.....
atr go for 50p/£1, jubbahs are £10-20, tupees are £1, food is hfc - £2.50, islamic books are veeery cheap.

hmm, i guess its only sisters getting ripped off :uuh:

saira-k
06-30-2007, 11:04 PM
where is whitechaple btw?

Helena
06-30-2007, 11:11 PM
atr go for 50p/£1, jubbahs are £10-20, tupees are £1, food is hfc - £2.50, islamic books are veeery cheap.

lucky brothers........cheap.....reasonably priced mashAllah.......

arabian nites in LMC...nxt to barakah resurant.....the lowest jilbab is priced £40..

and in zam zam...ya Allah..simple jilbabs u expect it to be cheap...ya Allah..the price is shocking....day light robbery...

hijabs mashAllah are well priced...i do not disagree..

Pk_#2
06-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Nah books are cheap buh stuff like black seed oil and that are expensive

halal sweets are cheap also

wasuP sis we nee to go shopping :p hehe

Star
06-30-2007, 11:13 PM

And i thought women were good bargin hunters. :laugh:

Pk_#2
06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Star
And i thought women were good bargin hunters. :laugh:

awwwwwwwwwww sis!! :D:D:D:D

Don't cryy..:statisfie

interesting thread btw, i never been whitechapel i feel like checking it out.

Helena
06-30-2007, 11:21 PM
u shud check sis......

cant even by nice, decent jilbaabs for occasions...

Star
06-30-2007, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

what is whitechapel by the way, first time i've heard of it.

Pk_#2
06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
mee too.. sounds like a cathedral or summin :oS

Helena
06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
whitechaple located in east london......

Star
06-30-2007, 11:24 PM
whitechaple located in east london......
:? :? :? :? :? yup. still clueless

Helena
06-30-2007, 11:39 PM
whitechaple in between liverpool st..( algate east) and bow.....

Star
06-30-2007, 11:49 PM
whitechaple in between liverpool st..( algate east) and bow.....
lol, still dont know :? , ukhtee it would be no use trying to explain it to me, i never understand places, my geographical knowledge is like zilch!

saira-k
07-01-2007, 01:53 PM
oh i see.lol im from glasgow haha

IbnAbdulHakim
07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
mee too.. sounds like a cathedral or summin :oS

this is a part of the whitechapel market

Helena
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
umma wasat probably thinking wot the pic represents...well its idea store....t the end of the market in Whitechaple...

Arabian nites....is located here:

this is Elm/lmc....whitechaple highstreet..near to bricklane...

The Ruler
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM

do u agree or disagree?

its very simple sis, I was reading a fiction just a few minutes ago... It talked about how rare things are more expensive than things that we can find more often. We know this via the example of gold... or platinum. Halaal sweets and those islamic books/audio.dvds/events etc are not found everywhere. Thus they cost more. If it was an Islamic country, these same goods would cost a hell of a lot lesser.

Helena
07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
well explained sis..true i do accept ur view....rare/valuable things are pricey...but it shud be reasonable...which ppl can afford....£55 or £40 for an item is too much....

other islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia...books/jilbabs/videos and are very cheap...

for exmple a book will cost 10 riyal...which is more/less than a pound..jilbabs that i see in london are imported from islamic countries which are way pricey...same jilbabs i bought from SAudi Arabia are £10...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-01-2007, 06:55 PM

i felt it my duty to inform you that IT SUX

hav a nice day ;o

Helena
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM
well wot u mean by...IT suxs????...clarify.....ready to battle...

The Ruler
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
well explained sis..true i do accept ur view....rare/valuable things are pricey...but it shud be reasonable...which ppl can afford....£55 or £40 for an item is too much....
aha! think about it... how many customers do they get? not many. and due to the lack of resources, the customers are forced to buy the same thing for a higher price. no?

jzcasejz
07-01-2007, 09:10 PM

do u agree or disagree?

Wa'alaikum Salaam

Yep, I totally agree...some stuff is sometimes soooo expensive. I'll excuse the sweets cos they're small stuff...but some other stuff is like...WHOA :omg:

open your wallet up!!! :p
Wish that worked for me man. Last time I opened my wallet...nothing was in it.

BTW, what area of Whitechapel do you go for your products Bro?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-01-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz

Wish that worked for me man. Last time I opened my wallet...nothing was in it.

BTW, what area of Whitechapel do you go for your products Bro?

dont kno LOL, i walk into a lot of shops in bricklane, i shud really take time to look at the shop name at some point...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!