/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Canada Day

Yanal
07-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Asalam alakum i have noticed that i go everyday to Canada day where you do fun stuff for free in a certain place my question is are muslims allowed? because tomorrow is canada day plz post fast

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.:Umniyah:.
07-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Seems like im a day late, sorry little bro, didnt see this thread.

And i believe no one replied because most people are from you UK here , :? dont know.

But i dont even know what canada day is....whats it?

BanGuLLy
07-02-2007, 04:52 AM
I just came back from the Fireworks at Ontario place.. for Canada day..

07-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Im inshaaAllah going to canada for the summer.. you guys know any halaal fun things i can get into whilst up there?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
07-02-2007, 05:00 AM
is it on 2nd July. What is a Canada day?

No wonder I haven't got any reply (email) from my principal.

MuslimahBlue
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Canada Day is celebrating the day Canada became a country on July 1st of 1867 its celebrated every year.

Intisar
07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Salaams brother,

I really do not celebrate Canada are go outside for that matter because kids go in a frenzy because of the fact that they have an excuse to go wild with fireworkers. It's crazy. But anyway, to answer your question(s), Canada Day is when Canada became an independent country from Britain on July 1, 1867. It all actually depends where in Canada you live. :statisfie I live in Toronto and there are many things to do here, you can go to the Islamic Centres and if you have children, they have many playcentres for them too. I forget the name of the centre, but If I remember it..I will surely get back to you, but It seems I'm already a bit late.

W/Salaam

07-03-2007, 05:33 PM
JazakAllahu khair sis

no youre not late, im not leaving until the end of this month InshaaAllah.

BarakAlalhu feeki for the information.

Intisar
07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Salaams sis,

If you are in the Toronto area, you should check out the IMO. It is a very good mosque, Sheikh Khalid Yasin once came over to give a lecture and word on the street is that he's a very good public speaker, he's also very entertaining as well, manshallah. But if you need to know anything more about Toronto, or the Toronto area, feel free to ask me questions.

W/Salaam

07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
oh okay. I dont know which masjid that is. But whilst im there i'll be going to triod masjid InshaaAllah.

Do you know any nature like activities that i could do.

Like horseback riding and stuff like that.

Intisar
07-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Salaams,

First and foremost, tell me which city you are visiting. :D Secondly, I have not even heard of Triod Masjid lol sorry..:-[ You can go horseback riding, but I'd suggest you visit the outlying suburbs of Ontario like Sudbury, Barrie, Muskoka (where all the cottages are), or if you can..find a place where they have horseback riding lessons. I'm personally afraid of horses so I wouldn't know, lol.

Tell me if you need anything else!

W/Salaam

tearsofice21
07-04-2007, 04:11 AM
Wa 'alaikum assalam,

I used to go to Canada Day every year, but recently I've stopped going. I think I read a fatwa on it somewhere.. wait I'll try to find it..

07-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Toronto.....and its about 20 mins away from Mississauga.

www.troid.org

Thats the masjids' site. But its down right now, they are fixing stuff on it InshaaAllah.

And jazakAllahu khair for the rest of the info.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Salaams,

First and foremost, tell me which city you are visiting. :D Secondly, I have not even heard of Triod Masjid lol sorry..:-[ You can go horseback riding, but I'd suggest you visit the outlying suburbs of Ontario like Sudbury, Barrie, Muskoka (where all the cottages are), or if you can..find a place where they have horseback riding lessons. I'm personally afraid of horses so I wouldn't know, lol.

Tell me if you need anything else!

W/Salaam

Intisar
07-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Salaama Alaykum sister and good afternoon!

First and foremost, I hope you are in good health and imaan and secondly, you're going to Missisauga? It's actually considered the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and sorry sis, I really don't know much about it. I will try my best in assisting you, and finding some information.

W/Salaam

07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
MashaaAllah. TabarakAllah may Allah reward you for taking the time to even reply Ameen.

I'll be in missisauga from time to time inshaaAllah but i wont be staying there, i'll be staying in toronto InshaaAllah. And indeed Missisauga is! The GTA!! SubhanAllah i LOVE it there, MashaaAllah it is VERY beautiful, peaceful and just overally great. Al hamdulillah.

InshaaAllah don't stress yourself :) i'll be in canada for a while inshaaAllah so i'll figure something out whilst im there.

May Allah reward you Ameen

Salaama Alaykum sister and good afternoon!

First and foremost, I hope you are in good health and imaan and secondly, you're going to Missisauga? It's actually considered the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and sorry sis, I really don't know much about it. I will try my best in assisting you, and finding some information.

W/Salaam

Intisar
07-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Salaama Alaykum,

Missisauga is very serene especially compared to the hustle and bustle of all that is Toronto. Make sure you visit the Waterfront, manshallah it's very beautiful. Have a great time whilst you visit Toronto. You're very welcome for replying sis.

W/Salaam

The Ruler
07-04-2007, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
I just came back from the Fireworks at Ontario place.. for Canada day..
^ If that's it, I don't understand why there's a problem going there. I mean, is there any hadith/Qur'anic verse against fireworks that I may have missed?

Anyways, what's it for? If ts for the arrival of Jesus on earth, or the birthday of Guru Nanak (who is he?), I'm guessing that you're not allowed. But if its independance day or something of that sort, I don't think that you're not allowed.

:w:

H4RUN
07-04-2007, 05:56 PM
:sl:

Where's my canadian next arsenal legend mate gone?:p Give these people some answers if u read this!:D

Intisar
07-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Salaama Alaykum Amatul Malik,

Canada Day is exactly like Independence Day, it was when Canada gained independence from Britain. I really don't think people actually celebrate our independence though, it's just an excuse to have fun.

W/Salaam

Salaam Alaykum brother Harun,

Do I sense a follow Canadian? :D

W/Salaam

H4RUN
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Canada Day is exactly like Independence Day, it was when Canada gained independence from Britain. I really don't think people actually celebrate our independence though, it's just an excuse to have fun.

W/Salaam

W/Salaam

:sl::sl:
:w: sis:D
Nope lol Im from jolly ol' England, just down the road from where the jolly ol' very ol' Queen lives:D
I can practically go round and give her a fruit cake if i want..But i dont:p cant be bothered:p....We can all dream lol

But the fellow who's gonna reply after me is from Canada:D
Take care all
FiamanAllah

sudais1
07-04-2007, 10:15 PM
i didnt want to reply but the audi owner who im buying the car from :p forced me too so, these english ppl think they are soo great, "weve go the queen" well we have WAYNE GRETZY and HES NOT EVEN CANADIAN.

sudais1
07-04-2007, 10:16 PM

W/Salaam

W/Salaam
if ure muslim and somali in toronto u live in dixon hahahahahaha

Intisar
07-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Salaama Alaykum brother in Islam, I hope you are in good health and imaan as you are reading this.

I do not live in Dixon actually, I live in Etobicoke though. Are you a fellow Somali? I read through some of your posts and you claim to be. Good to see one around here. :D

I hope you are having a wonderful afternoon if you are indeed from Toronto.

W/Salaam.

Intisar
07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
:sl::sl:
:w: sis:D
Nope lol Im from jolly ol' England, just down the road from where the jolly ol' very ol' Queen lives:D
I can practically go round and give her a fruit cake if i want..But i dont:p cant be bothered:p....We can all dream lol

But the fellow who's gonna reply after me is from Canada:D
Take care all
FiamanAllah
Salaams brother,

You're from England I see. You're lucky, it has a large Muslim populace. I still hate that country though. :D

W/Salaam

sudais1
07-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Salaama Alaykum brother in Islam, I hope you are in good health and imaan as you are reading this.

I do not live in Dixon actually, I live in Etobicoke though. Are you a fellow Somali? I read through some of your posts and you claim to be. Good to see one around here. :D

I hope you are having a wonderful afternoon if you are indeed from Toronto.

W/Salaam.
Im somali and im part of the SOMALI MIGRATION WEST lool, the group that moved to calgary or edmonton

Intisar
07-04-2007, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
Im somali and im part of the SOMALI MIGRATION WEST lool, the group that moved to calgary or edmonton
What? No Salaam? Shame on you brother! :D

LOL I hope you don't live in Red Deer..I'm so glad my mother didn't move me to the Prairie provinces. I'd die.

tearsofice21
07-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Assalamu 'alaikum,

I didn't find anything that specifically mentioned Canada Day, but I found this. Insha'Allah it helps :)

Question :

I see many "Muslims" joining in Christmas and other celebrations. Is there any daleel from the Quran and Sunnah that I can present to them to show that these are indeed very sinful practices?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to join in the kaafir festivals for the following reasons:

Firstly: because this entails imitating or resembling them, and “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood). This is a serious warning. ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-‘Aas said: Whoever lives in the land of the mushrikeen and celebrates their Nawrooz (New Year) and their Mahrajaan (festivals), and imitates them until he dies, he will be a loser on the Day of Resurrection.

Secondly: taking part in their festivals is a kind of befriending.

Source:http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=ara

sudais1
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
What? No Salaam? Shame on you brother! :D

LOL I hope you don't live in Red Deer..I'm so glad my mother didn't move me to the Prairie provinces. I'd die.

salaam

loool wheres ur salam, u just told me to say salaam

nebula
07-05-2007, 11:24 PM
hey salaamalakum im gonna be going to canada toronto on 7th :D cant wait:thumbs_up frm london

07-06-2007, 12:25 AM
coooool....canada rocks....welllll, my friends up there rock! man im so hyper im soooo ready to goooooo, InshaaAllah!!!!!!!!!!

waterfront? sis wheres that at? name specifically inshaaAllah so i can be sure to see it, seeing how i adore water and swimming, ( dont worry i wont swim in it) ... i want to go to niagra falls aswell, ohhh yeah im the all out tourist :p:p

Yanal
07-06-2007, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .:Umniyah:.
coooool....canada rocks....welllll, my friends up there rock! man im so hyper im soooo ready to goooooo, InshaaAllah!!!!!!!!!!

waterfront? sis wheres that at? name specifically inshaaAllah so i can be sure to see it, seeing how i adore water and swimming, ( dont worry i wont swim in it) ... i want to go to niagra falls aswell, ohhh yeah im the all out tourist :p:p
come to vancouver if you can vist the suspention bridge it is fun

07-06-2007, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
come to vancouver if you can vist the suspention bridge it is fun
how far is vancouver from toronto or missisagua?

Yanal
07-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Well from tronto and misissaga around 5hours flight might have waiting ours so around 8-5hours unless you get a direct flight and my grandma lives in tronto,misisaga(sorry about spellling) so yeh

Intisar
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Salaama Alaykum brothers and sisters,

Brother sudais, I already gave you a Salaam before..read carefully. ;)

Sister nebula, You're coming on Saturday inshallah? Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the scenery.:statisfie

Sister Umniyah, I'm sure your relatives will know exactly what Waterfront is. Just ask them, they will probably take you anyway. I suggest you don't swim in those waters though, lol.

Vancouver is on the West Coast and Toronto is on the East lol it's very far, but if you're willing to pay..I would go for that city too. ;)

W/Salaam

MuslimahBlue
07-06-2007, 07:39 PM
The waterfront is really nice, I remeber going skating down there once .. you also may want to take the ferry over to the Toronto Islands and have a picnic, it has a nice view of lake ontario.. ..I do that with my family every year :)

07-07-2007, 04:57 AM
ohhhhhhhh thats super cooool! water front it is InshaaAllah :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.