/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off

guyabano
07-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Finally, a good news. Anyway, it was clear, this show would be attacked, sooner or later

A Palestinian TV station has killed off a controversial Mickey Mouse lookalike that critics said was spreading anti-US and anti-Israeli messages to children.

The Hamas-affiliated al-Aqsa channel aired the last episode on Friday, showing the character, Farfur, being beaten to death by an "Israeli agent".

"Farfur was martyred defending his land," said the show's presenter Saraa.

Israeli critics had said the show was outrageous and some Palestinian ministers tried to get it shelved.

In the final broadcast an actor said to be an Israeli agent tries to buy the land of the squeaky-voiced Mickey Mouse lookalike.

Farfur brands the Israeli a "terrorist" and is beaten to death.

He was killed "by the killers of children", Saraa says.

Al-Aqsa television told the Associated Press news agency the show, Tomorrow's Pioneers, was making way for new programmes.

'Indoctrination'

The channel had ignored demands from Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti for the show to be stopped.

Mr Barghouti said it "was wrong to use a programme directed at children to convey political messages".

In an earlier show, Farfur had said: "You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists.

"We will return the Islamic community to its former greatness, and liberate Jerusalem, God willing, liberate Iraq, God willing, and liberate all the countries of the Muslims invaded by the murderers."

The Israeli organisation, Palestinian Media Watch, said Farfur took "every opportunity to indoctrinate young viewers with teachings of Islamic supremacy".

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Finally, a good news. Anyway, it was clear, this show would be attacked, sooner or later

A Palestinian TV station has killed off a controversial Mickey Mouse lookalike that critics said was spreading anti-US and anti-Israeli messages to children.

The Hamas-affiliated al-Aqsa channel aired the last episode on Friday, showing the character, Farfur, being beaten to death by an "Israeli agent".

"Farfur was martyred defending his land," said the show's presenter Saraa.

Israeli critics had said the show was outrageous and some Palestinian ministers tried to get it shelved.

In the final broadcast an actor said to be an Israeli agent tries to buy the land of the squeaky-voiced Mickey Mouse lookalike.

Farfur brands the Israeli a "terrorist" and is beaten to death.

He was killed "by the killers of children", Saraa says.

Al-Aqsa television told the Associated Press news agency the show, Tomorrow's Pioneers, was making way for new programmes.

'Indoctrination'

The channel had ignored demands from Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti for the show to be stopped.

Mr Barghouti said it "was wrong to use a programme directed at children to convey political messages".

In an earlier show, Farfur had said: "You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists.

"We will return the Islamic community to its former greatness, and liberate Jerusalem, God willing, liberate Iraq, God willing, and liberate all the countries of the Muslims invaded by the murderers."

The Israeli organisation, Palestinian Media Watch, said Farfur took "every opportunity to indoctrinate young viewers with teachings of Islamic supremacy".

Source

This is one of the crazier things I think I have ever seen! I have heard and seen some earlier American cartoons that some say where directed at the soviets and china, etc. but this is just so blatant and out there it is really amazing. They use cartoons to train a childs mind to directly hate the west and Israel. What if the US did a new cartoon and based it on a fight of the west against Muslims, imagine the outrage... Who ever heard of the character of a childrens cartoon being "martyred"? Sick sick sick+o(

vpb
07-02-2007, 02:13 PM
This is one of the crazier things I think I have ever seen! I have heard and seen some earlier American cartoons that some say where directed at the soviets and china, etc. but this is just so blatant and out there it is really amazing. They use cartoons to train a childs mind to directly hate the west and Israel. What if the US did a new cartoon and based it on a fight of the west against Muslims, imagine the outrage... Who ever heard of the character of a childrens cartoon being "martyred"?
actually there are american cartoons which portray arabs as violent people.

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
actually there are american cartoons which portray arabs as not good people.
there are also american cartoons that show americans as bad people, black people as bad people, white people, indians, russians, mexicans, cats and dogs, my point is the extreme that this one has gone to, to blatantly promote hatred of another group of people is just wrong. Not only that but why does everything have to be a "Oh well they did it" type of thing? I dont know of any other country, religion, ethnic group or otherwise that has gone to such a great length to promote hatred

Why cant anyone ever just say It is wrong?!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM
there are also american cartoons that show americans as bad people, black people as bad people, white people, indians, russians, mexicans, cats and dogs, my point is the extreme that this one has gone to, to blatantly promote hatred of another group of people is just wrong. Not only that but why does everything have to be a "Oh well they did it" type of thing? I dont know of any other country, religion, ethnic group or otherwise that has gone to such a great length to promote hatred

yes I see your point, but just imagine, since they were born, they are in war, why bc of a western policies, how on earth do u expect them to think good about u??

imagine if you grandparents, your parents, you, your children were constantly in war, bc of some other country policy?? how on earth do u expect for them not to preach hatred about u?
you think different, bc your brain has felt peace, but they haven't, so they don't think the same as u do. This is the problem with u guys, that you speak of things just from your point of view, while being raised in peace, but people who are raised in war think different, they don't care anymore about if people say "they are crazy" or not.
They just want to get rid of western policy, cuz they are tired of war for decades.

and btw, Mickey Mouse is a product of Disney ,and we know that Disney is a great sponsor of Israel.

Cognescenti
07-02-2007, 02:59 PM
yes I see your point, but just imagine, since they were born, they are in war, why bc of a western policies, how on earth do u expect them to think good about u??

imagine if you grandparents, your parents, you, your children were constantly in war, bc of some other country policy?? how on earth do u expect for them not to preach hatred about u?
you think different, bc your brain has felt peace, but they haven't, so they don't think the same as u do. This is the problem with u guys, that you speak of things just from your point of view, while being raised in peace, but people who are raised in war think different, they don't care anymore about if people say "they are crazy" or not.
They just want to get rid of western policy, cuz they are tired of war for decades.

and btw, Mickey Mouse is a product of Disney ,and we know that Disney is a great sponsor of Israel.
That is perhaps the lamest rationalization I have ever heard. I can understand why Palestinians might make bad choices in the current circumstances but a cartoon program for children which has no purpose other than to brainwash kids with hatred toward Jews. They are raising the next generation of young men and women willing to strap a bunch of expolsives to their chest. To say that is Dickensian doesn't do it justice. It goes beyond even what Orwel could have imagined. Absolutely bestial and cynical manipualtion of children. Unforgiveable. Shocking. I am at a loss for the right word. How about "farfurian".

The poor dear that is out of a job could go work for the Dear Leader and teach them a thing or two.

"Mickey Mouse is a product of Disney ,and we know that Disney is a great sponsor of Israel"...stop, your killing me. :D

If Disney finds out about the obvious misappropriation of their copyrighted character somebody is going to be in big trouble. :rollseyes

Bittersteel
07-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Disney is?you sure?c'mon Coca Cola first now Disney?I don't want to insult the Palestinians or the Arabs but this is kinda getting out of control.

actually there are american cartoons which portray arabs as violent people.
true not only cartoons but also movies.pretty violently,they did promote hatred.Arabs were used as villains ever since the fall of the Soviet Union.but nothing like this "farfur" thing though.

It is wrong,of course.

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 03:04 PM

I can understand their hatred for Israel and the west, I can understand that they have been at war for a long time, but this cartoon is doing nothing but adding to it, and it is simply not right to raise a child in this sort of way. It is an injustice to the child and their children, because the more their mind is filled with this hatred, the longer this war will carry on. Palestine cannot and will not defeat Israel, it is just a simple fact, and the sooner someone makes a cartoon showing Palestinian and Israeli relations being a positive thing, rather than a negative, the better of the kids will be. Think about it anyways, all of that conflict is over some land, when you think of it in its most simplistic way, is it not stupid? Land... we live on it and then we die on it, as long has I have a nice house and food to eat and my family and my God then I personally dont care who "rules" my land or makes the laws, of course that is just me. Life is what you make of it

vpb
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Disney is?you sure?c'mon Coca Cola first now Disney?I don't want to insult the Palestinians or the Arabs but this is kinda getting out of control.
really? maybe if you would live in state of war for all your life, maybe you would think different, so don't make judgements bro, you don't understand the way those people feel. Mouth is a dangerous thing.

[1] Friends of Al-Aqsa web-site
http://www.aqsa.org.uk/activities/campaign2.html

Disney Promotes Israeli Occupation
Background

Disney the love and entertainment king of millions throughout the world has stepped into political arena to promote Jewish claims over Jerusalem. Early in September the American Muslims for Jerusalem [AMJ], headed by Khaleed Turaani highlighted Disney’s plans to present Jerusalem as the eternal capital of Israel in an exhibition.

The Millennium exhibition, of Walt Disney opened at Epcot Centre in Florida on 1 October. Of the eight million dollars building cost, Israel gave 1.8 million. The exhibition is proposed to be the greatest show expected to attract millions of viewers from throughout the world.

Jerusalem is illegally occupied city according to international law. In particular: UN Resolution 242, which calls upon Israel to withdraw from the occupied territory. Resolution 237 rejects the annexation of Jerusalem and Resolution 405 further reaffirms that Jerusalem is occupied Palestinian territory.
Historically the Jews were driven out of Jerusalem in 70 CE, when Titus, the Roman General destroyed the Temple and ever since than there has been an insignificant population of Jews in Jerusalem.

In 1099, when the Crusaders captured Jerusalem they killed or exiled all Jews and it was only through the Magnanimity of Salah’udeen Ayubi that he allowed the Jews to return. In a census of 1170 we see a record of 1,440 Jews in all of Palestine.

Whereas the Arabs have always inhabited Jerusalem from time immemorial. When Muslims liberated Jerusalem and the majority of Arabs reverted to Islam the city remained free andopen to all.

Israel’s aim to physically Judaise Jerusalem and mentally condition the world into accepting its claims over Jerusalem seem to have reached new psychological spheres.

After the initiative set in motion to counter this blatant claim, the UAE Minister of Information and Culture Shaykh Abdullah bin Zayed Al-Nahayan called a meeting of Arab League ministers to boycott Disney and its products. It is estimated that nearly 200,000 Arabs visit Disney each year and the total Disney trade with the Middle East amounts to over $100 million per year. However, at the last minute a motion to boycott was not carried as the Saudi Prince, Walid ibn Talal, who is the major shareholder of Euro Disney said, “If we boycott Disney, Israel will win because it will impact our image negatively in United States.” One Arab official is reported in Palestine Times as saying, “we know that some Arab officials encouraged the company to ignore our protest.” Al-Nahayan, the UAE Minister on Abu Dhabi TV said, “he did not receive expected response from some Arab ministers during his intensive contacts with them."
Disney claims they have altered the exhibition as not to promote the Israeli claim. However, according to AMJ the exhibition still leave visitors with the false impression that Israel is not in violation of multiple international laws and UN Resolutions. The Jewish Chronicle, a London Based Newspaper, reported on the 24 Sept, “If you go and see the show there won’t be any doubt in your mind that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.”
Friends of Al Aqsa Call For Disney Boycott
It is without doubt if the Arab League had the spine to uphold the just cause of Jerusalem in where is Masjid al Aqsa than the fairy sporting Disney would not have succeeded in promoting the illegal Zionist plans to inculcate into the minds of the world that Jerusalem is their capital. Under the circumstances we call upon all morally conscious individuals to not only boycott Disney products and goods but more importantly to write and inform Disney of your boycott.
It is the grass-root support that is needed to be mobilised and the powers to be, either in Islamic countries or elsewhere to be informed of our sentiments. It is the duty of every law-abiding citizen to ensure those oppressors and usurpers of others rights and territories do not get away with their criminality.

Please inform the addressee below of your intentions to boycott because of their illegal promotion of Israeli claims. The need to inform Disney of their political misjudgement cannot be over emphasised:
Publicity Department
Walt Disney
The Queen Caroline Street
Hammersmith
London
W6 9PE
Tel: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/cb_transparent_l.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/famfamfam/gb.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/arrow.gif[/IMG]

0181 222 1000[IMG]chrome://skype_ff_toolbar_win/content/cb_transparent_r.gif[/IMG]

[2] Jewish Bulletin News
http://www.jewishsf.com/bk990924/idisney.shtml.
Israel's Foreign Ministry, which is sponsoring the exhibit, says it shows the centrality of the holy city to Muslims, Christians and Jews. But, says a Foreign Ministry statement, "there is no doubt that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel" and "the position of Jerusalem as the key component to the Israeli pavilion at Epcot speaks for itself without a clearer or stronger statement being necessary."
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak said last Friday that while Israel views seriously the threat of a boycott, "attempts to damage the status of Israel and Jerusalem as its united capital have failed in the past and will fail in the future."
Israel's Foreign Ministry contributed $1.8 million to the pavilion, which cost a reported $8 million, and worked with Disney to develop its content.

[3] http://www.metimes.com/issue99-38/reg/disney__will.htm.
"Walt Disney Co is a controlling shareholder in Euro Disney with a 39 percent stake."

[4] Washington Report on Middle East Affairs,
DECEMBER 1999, pages 13,36 http://www.washington-report.org/bac...9/9912013.html.
Who Won the Battles of Burger King and Walt Disney Productions?
"Arab League foreign ministers voted not to boycott Disney, saying the measures promised by Disney were positive. Since the decision was made before it could be ascertained that the recommendations had been carried out, there was word-of-mouth suspicion that the decision might have been influenced by the fact that one of Saudi Arabia’s richest entrepreneurs, Prince Walid Ibn Talal, owns almost a half-interest in the Euro Disney theme park just outside Paris."

[5] http://www.israeltoday.co.il/article...2&ArticleID=15

vpb
07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I can understand their hatred for Israel and the west, I can understand that they have been at war for a long time, but this cartoon is doing nothing but adding to it, and it is simply not right to raise a child in this sort of way. It is an injustice to the child and their children, because the more their mind is filled with this hatred, the longer this war will carry on. Palestine cannot and will not defeat Israel, it is just a simple fact, and the sooner someone makes a cartoon showing Palestinian and Israeli relations being a positive thing, rather than a negative, the better of the kids will be.
How can they start being peacefull with jews? they are blood thirsty trying to take all the land?? if Palestinians would start being peaceful, they wouldn't exist anymore. The problem is that you see everything as just a movie, that everything ends good, but it's not. You can start being peaceful with a person who u know it's not going to stop violence, has Israel stopped violence for so many years? why didn't UK and US say in WW2 "ohh, let's start be peaceful??" why? , bc they knew Hitler was not going to stop, you can't be nice sometimes with such ppl, bc the more peace u give to them the more they will try to overtake u.

Think about it anyways, all of that conflict is over some land, when you think of it in its most simplistic way, is it not stupid? Land... we live on it and then we die on it, as long has I have a nice house and food to eat and my family and my God then I personally dont care who "rules" my land or makes the laws, of course that is just me. Life is what you make of it
so you agree that if someone would come to occupy USA, you wouldn't have any problems with it??

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 03:40 PM
How can they start being peacefull with jews? they are blood thirsty trying to take all the land?? if Palestinians would start being peaceful, they wouldn't exist anymore. The problem is that you see everything as just a movie, that everything ends good, but it's not. You can start being peaceful with a person who u know it's not going to stop violence, has Israel stopped violence for so many years? why didn't UK and US say in WW2 "ohh, let's start be peaceful??" why? , bc they knew Hitler was not going to stop, you can't be nice sometimes with such ppl, bc the more peace u give to them the more they will try to overtake u.
You will notice that many times when rockets stop being launched into Israel you dont hear of any airstrikes. Also notice that obviously the way they are going is not working for them either, have they ever tried peace? No, not to my knowledge, it might just work. Israel is not Hitler and should not be compared to Hitler, on that note, they have also commited and perpetrated many crimes on the Palestinians, and should not be portrayed as this "shining star" so to speak because they have instigated and have commited wrongs against the Palestinians, but the pendulum swings both ways, the Palestinians have done the same. Main point is, the more the Palestians threaten Israels security the less land and freedoms they will have, obviously as shown in current events. If the Palestinians were to stand up and say, we are tired of this we want peace, and all rockets actually stopped being fired and people sat down and worked something out, Israel would have no choice, the international pressure on them at such a point would be absolutely unbearable. I believe there would be peace if such a situation were to arise, but that certainly wont happen with Farfur dying as a martyr in front of children.

so you agree that if someone would come to occupy USA, you wouldn't have any problems with it??
If someone conquered my country almost 50 years ago, no I wouldnt have a problem with it, I would say OK we lost, make the best of what I got and if it were Palestine, I would simply leave the place and find a more peaceful place to live. They have two options fight and die and ultimately lose what they have or negotiate a peace and live and save what they have, build it up, make it a nice respectable place to live, perhaps the checkpoints and all the worry would disappear over time, perhaps not, and if it didnt, who says in 50 or 100 years if Palestine had a good economy and military they couldnt possibly take Israel back?

vpb
07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
You will notice that many times when rockets stop being launched into Israel you dont hear of any airstrikes. Also notice that obviously the way they are going is not working for them either, have they ever tried peace? No, not to my knowledge, it might just work. Israel is not Hitler and should not be compared to Hitler, on that note, they have also commited and perpetrated many crimes on the Palestinians, and should not be portrayed as this "shining star" so to speak because they have instigated and have commited wrongs against the Palestinians, but the pendulum swings both ways, the Palestinians have done the same. Main point is, the more the Palestians threaten Israels security the less land and freedoms they will have, obviously as shown in current events. If the Palestinians were to stand up and say, we are tired of this we want peace, and all rockets actually stopped being fired and people sat down and worked something out, Israel would have no choice, the international pressure on them at such a point would be absolutely unbearable. I believe there would be peace if such a situation were to arise, but that certainly wont happen with Farfur dying as a martyr in front of children.
it doesn't change anything whether they offer peace or not, Israel will not stop, taking over land as much as possible.

There is a book called "World Complot" by a bulgarian ex-CIA agent, later killed by CIA. I would recommend u to read it. And you'll see who are the ones making the mess in the world.

If someone conquered my country almost 50 years ago, no I wouldnt have a problem with it, I would say OK we lost, make the best of what I got and if it were Palestine, I would simply leave the place and find a more peaceful place to live. They have two options fight and die and ultimately lose what they have or negotiate a peace and live and save what they have, build it up, make it a nice respectable place to live, perhaps the checkpoints and all the worry would disappear over time, perhaps not, and if it didnt, who says in 50 or 100 years if Palestine had a good economy and military they couldnt possibly take Israel back?
no no , I didn't say anything of losing the war or anything. I asked if someone would come to occupy USA now, would u just stay at home and say , oh this is all God's land, let's offer peace, and let them be here (while u know that will not stop till the overtake the whole America).

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 04:20 PM
it doesn't change anything whether they offer peace or not, Israel will not stop, taking over land as much as possible.
How can you say that when it has never been been tried? I could see if someone tried and failed, but it hasnt.... What is going on now is obviously not working, so why not at least consider something else?
There is a book called "World Complot" by a bulgarian ex-CIA agent, later killed by CIA. I would recommend u to read it. And you'll see who are the ones making the mess in the world.
I will look for it, however, I must express some skepticism when you say "the real ones" causing trouble in the world, since I personally think every country contributes their fair share.
no no , I didn't say anything of losing the war or anything. I asked if someone would come to occupy USA now, would u just stay at home and say , oh this is all God's land, let's offer peace, and let them be here (while u know that will not stop till the overtake the whole America).
If someone came to "occupy" my land it would depend on the circumstances, if my land was a 3rd world country ruled by a ruthless dictator, I would probably welcome a change and an occupation. If my country were just invaded for someone to oppress me and take everything I own I would fight it. However if the fight were lost then I would either seek refuge or try to find the best way to live where I am. Land is land, I could care less what country I live in or who rules it, I am only going to be here for "x" number of years anyways. If I dont like the government, I will leave

vpb
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
lol, whatever

I don't think it's worthy of continuing discussion. We can't agree on same thing. We just come from different places/angles.

KAding
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, they did give back land to Egypt in exchange for peace. How does that fit in your theory?

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
lol, whatever

I don't think it's worthy of continuing discussion. We can't agree on same thing. We just come from different places/angles.
It seems so

I want you to know though that i understand your opinions and side. I dont think the world is a "movie" and I am actually a very grounded person. I understand what is going on and I am no more happy about it than you are, we just have different ideas of how peace will be reached. Only time will tell...

I do hope that perhaps one day you might find other places/ angles to be worthy and perhaps better than your own.... I do from time to time

Cognescenti
07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Well, they did give back land to Egypt in exchange for peace. How does that fit in your theory?
Don't confuse the discussion with facts, please.

There is also the situation of forcibly removing settlers from Gaza at great domestic political cost. A fine lot of good that did.

There was also the withdrawal from South Lebanon...that didn't work out so well either.

Zman
07-02-2007, 08:02 PM
:sl:/Peace To All

Onward Christian Soldiers: "Jesus Camp"

Courtesy Of: Channel4.com
Video RunTime: 4: 35
01 Oct. 2006

"Jesus Camp" is a documentary which deals with an evangelical retreat that indoctrinates children in Christian militancy, the religious warrior ethos, and to willingly seek sacrificing one's life for Jesus.

Video Clip (Original Source):
http://www.channel4.com/player/v2/pl...sp?showId=1916

It can also be seen, here:

1. A Nation Down The Drain (Jesus Camp, Part-1):

Media Tags are no longer supported

2. A Nation Down The Drain (Jesus Camp, Part-2):

3. Jesus Camp, Children Being Indoctrinated:

4. Jesus Camp, Rachel:

5. Jesus Camp, Evangelical Fundamentalist Children:

6. Warriors For Jesus:

7. Harry Potter Condemned For Being The Devil:

[b]

Talk about indoctrinating and abusing a childs mind, eh?

wilberhum
07-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I always find it interesting how people justify hate.

MTAFFI
07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zman
:sl:/Peace To All

Talk about indoctrinating and abusing a childs mind, eh?

YES!! Luckily most people in the US have the capability of looking at this and seeing what a joke it is, luckily the government doesnt promote and broadcast it for hate for another nation. These people are indeed misguided, but tell me, what does this have to do with Mickey Mouse???

Oh right, you are trying to make one evil look better by exposing another:rollseyes

smile
07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I think hamas was good! to do that

smile
07-03-2007, 03:23 PM
it was so cute how one of the small children were giving another child some kleenex tissues!

MTAFFI
07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
I think hamas was good! to do that
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
it was so cute how one of the small children were giving another child some kleenex tissues!
Please tell me you think it was good of them to discontinue the cartoon

Lina
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
:sl:

Well, they learned from the best, they learnd from the west, didn't they.

MTAFFI
07-03-2007, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

Why the excuse? You think that this is right? Please show me one cartoon in the west that has ever been this explicit and directed straight to the next generation, it is digusting and should be condemned by all, in my opinion at least +o(

Bittersteel
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe seeing the violence around them,they take it pretty seriously.

Cognescenti
07-03-2007, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

Phhht. This makes Leni Riefenstahl look like a piker.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.