/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snowy's cats, kittens and other animals thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

hope everyone is in good health inshallah.

well this thread is basically for cats talk about cats anything to do with cats, talk about cats or any other animals :love:

do me a favour remember me in your Du3'ah, shukran

walikumassalm warhmathullahi warbarakathuhu

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
hus tania

The Ruler
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
:sl:

i know they are creations of Allah (swt) and they are important in our daily lives...i think...but i am not paasionate about them

now that was something about cats :p

:w:

- Qatada -
12-01-2006, 06:39 PM
:salamext:

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated 'Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin

Dawud ibn Salih ibn Dinar at-Tammar quoted his mother as saying that her mistress sent her with some pudding (harisah) to Aisha who was offering prayer. She made a sign to me to place it down. A cat came and ate some of it, but when Aisha finished her prayer, she ate from the place where the cat had eaten. She stated: The Messenger of Allah

said: It is not unclean: it is one of those who go round among you. She added: I saw the Messenger of Allah

performing ablution from the water left over by the cat.

http://muttaqun.com/cats.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 06:46 PM

ANIMALS I LOVE SO KEEP AWAY :wub: && cats are beautiful love them to bits so whom like cats? && Tania is an Ukthi whom is a christain on this site

IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Be kind to all of Allahs creates except salamanders and poisonous/disease containing creatures because

Sahihi Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 689:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "A lady was punished because of a cat which she had imprisoned till it died. She entered the (Hell) Fire because of it, for she neither gave it food nor water as she had imprisoned it, nor set it free to eat from the vermin of the earth."

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

Be kind to all of Allahs creates except salamanders and poisonous/disease containing creatures because

Sahihi Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 689:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "A lady was punished because of a cat which she had imprisoned till it died. She entered the (Hell) Fire because of it, for she neither gave it food nor water as she had imprisoned it, nor set it free to eat from the vermin of the earth."

Ya Allah how crule was that lady :cry:

now has anyone got cats or any other pets:?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2006, 06:56 PM

well this sure cracked me up:

Cats and dogs banned by Saudi religious police
Muhammad was a cat person, but some say pets signal Western influence

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14738358/

Lets not forget a woman also got to jannah by feeding water to a starving dog.

The Ruler
12-01-2006, 07:01 PM

we did have a cat before...but we had to give it back to the lady who gave it to us in the first place...cause we moved from that place...i actually kinda got fond of it...but then again...when it was out the house, it was a sort of relief :)

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:03 PM

well this sure cracked me up:

Cats and dogs banned by Saudi religious police
Muhammad was a cat person, but some say pets signal Western influence

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14738358/

Lets not forget a woman also got to jannah by feeding water to a starving dog.

how selfish can thy get!! YA ALLAH!! i have 5cats && 1kitten Alhamdulillah && 2puppys && i parrot && Alhamdulillah love them all but why would somone ban animals thats ridicilous!! && people are sad if thy do that after all thy are like humans sleep,eat,die (:cry:). if ya think about it dudes if we were say for instant a cat right, && people pushed us around didn't feed us etc etc how would we like it think about it! :(

oh well anyone got pets here?

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Glacier*+

we did have a cat before...but we had to give it back to the lady who gave it to us in the first place...cause we moved from that place...i actually kinda got fond of it...but then again...when it was out the house, it was a sort of relief :)

why don't ya buy one && keep it:? cats are just soo adorable after all thy are soo cudlly && sweet :love:

The Ruler
12-01-2006, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
why don't ya buy one && keep it:? cats are just soo adorable after all thy are soo cudlly && sweet :love:
i had that cat but never allowed it in my bedroom...only touched it qa few times...but cuddling :muddlehea....err that's like miles away

-Shakirah-
12-01-2006, 07:08 PM
When I was younger, I used to have a cat that was older then me. He was part of the family and for some reason we'd named him Yunus. He was brown and ginger and looked almost the size of a small dog. He had wise eyes and an expression of understanding. In his old age he got some kind of an illness and fur started to fall off in clumps, leaving bold patches on his body.
On the day we were going to take him to the vets, we couldn't find him anywhere. we looked high and low, but he was nowhere to be seen.
And we haven't seen him since........it's been 15 years.

some one told us that he probabley knew he was going to die and didn't want us to feel pain from the loss, so he took himself somewhere we wouldn't find him, and laid to rest there....

I've had so many cats after Yunus. but I still think about him and miss him...

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:09 PM
i had that cat but never allowed it in my bedroom...only touched it qa few times...but cuddling :muddlehea....err that's like miles away

if you can touch it am sure you can cuddle it nothing bad about them, there just sweet animals && very bubbly, well in your room you didn't allow it well my cats go all over me at night lol it's a hectic

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-
When I was younger, I used to have a cat that was older then me. He was part of the family and for some reason we'd named him Yunus. He was brown and ginger and looked almost the size of a small dog. He had wise eyes and an expression of understanding. In his old age he got some kind of an illness and fur started to fall off in clumps, leaving bold patches on his body.
On the day we were going to take him to the vets, we couldn't find him anywhere. we looked high and low, but he was nowhere to be seen.

some one told us that he probabley knew he was going to die and didn't want us to feel pain from the loss, so he took himself somewhere we wouldn't find him, and laid to rest there....

:cry: :cry: :cry: OMG!! when you realised first you should take him/her staright away immedietly to thy vets.
OMG!! can't ebelieve it you haven;t seen him/her since 15years my cat died by a silly man drove over it but i still can't get over it because that was my first ever cat! :'(
have you got anymore now:?

The Ruler
12-01-2006, 07:16 PM

aww sis shakirah...that is sad...but yeah...a nice story too ;)

format_quote Originally Posted by jodie
if you can touch it am sure you can cuddle it nothing bad about them, there just sweet animals && very bubbly, well in your room you didn't allow it well my cats go all over me at night lol it's a hectic
i heard that you can get diseases from them...am not sure though :confused: :?

BlissfullyJaded
12-01-2006, 07:19 PM

I don't think the Saudi thing is about banning animals, but rather the idea of having animals in a shop for sale is what is being banned. Animals are free, not to be owned, I guess thats what their plot is. I don't really blame them for that or think they're crazy for it.

The cats of Makkah and Madeenah really are cute though. The poor things though, they seem so scared because of all the people there.

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Baby_sis*+

not really, some of them contain "flease" like little freckles all you do is take it to thy VETS && they sort it out for you. you don't get dieses well in a way you can if thy cat is ill && you catch thy bug thats all

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

I don't think the Saudi thing is about banning animals, but rather the idea of having animals in a shop for sale is what is being banned. Animals are free, not to be owned, I guess thats what their plot is. I don't really blame them for that or think they're crazy for it.

The cats of Makkah and Madeenah really are cute though. The poor things though, they seem so scared because of all the people there.

wow mashallah haven't seen a pet from Saudi never will do inshallah :), well thy major problem is people tend to pest animals && thats when the animals start loosing it && get mad it's not because they are harmful but it's because people pest them && then they want to do thy same to people. i hate it when people see a dog && bark at it && run away i mean come on if you run a way from a dog then it's bound to run afater you, also in Bristol were i live now i saw a little in his teen boy whom was throwing stones at a cat && i actually went up to him && told him off but the sad thing was he was ingnoring me :rant: :cry: anywho there still Allah 3ubhnawtallah's creatures after all!

IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

what do you expect lol:

innocent cat:

scary arab:

now that is wat u call propaganda!!!!!

- Qatada -
12-01-2006, 07:27 PM

We had one called shadow.. he was only 4 weeks old when we got him so he was proper small, he couldn't even jump on the bed. After about two years we gave him to a woman who was a vet and she's got other pets too so alhamdulillah it's good.

Some scholars say its haraam to sell cats:

The view that it is haraam to sell cats is the more correct view, because it is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that, and there is nothing to suggest the contrary.
Muslim (1569) narrated that Abu’l-Zubayr said: I asked Jaabir about theprice of dogs and cats. He said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to do that (i.e., sell them)
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...t=cats%20price

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:29 PM

what do you expect lol:

innocent cat:

http://www.justlanded.com/var/justla...at2_medium.jpg

scary arab:

http://media.phillyburbs.com/2003/09...JAH_KILLIN.jpg

now that is wat u call propaganda!!!!!

Oh grocious!! i fi was there i would have got thy animals && bring with me to my home! how can thy do that i mean think about it animals are like humans whom we should respect because after all thy are Allah 3ubhanwtallah's cretures! i can't believe waht am hearing && seeing :rant: :rant: :cry: someone did that in my face i'll bang them out :X

oh well that shows not that many people care about Animals!! how upsetting can that be VERY!!

By the way that cat is so adorable mahsallah! :wub: :wub:

Kittygyal
12-01-2006, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

We had one called shadow.. he was only 4 weeks old when we got him so he was proper small, he couldn't even jump on the bed. After about two years we gave him to a woman who was a vet and she's got other pets too so alhamdulillah it's good.

Some scholars say its haraam to sell cats:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...t=cats%20price

aww mashallah you had a kitty i can remember my cats were soo small jumping up && down trying to jump like babies try to do && then they grow mashallah, && i don't believe that in away how can be haram to sell cats i mean were do these cats from:? keeping an Animal is not Haram or buying one!

ALLAH HU A3LIM

Woodrow
12-01-2006, 07:35 PM

Actually you can get diseases from any animal except maybe not from goldfish.

I'm an animal lover and long was a conservationist while I had my own property. My dream was to turn the place into a wild life reuge, but that never came about. Perhaps one day some new owner will be able to.

I really enjoyed all of the wild critters that roamed my place. the oddest experience was I came across a new born fawn and the darn thing mistook me for it's mother and followed me home. I had the hardest time reuniting it with it's mother. It was scared of her. But, after it got good and hungry it decided she was nice to have around.

At one time I raised dogs but gave them up when I reverted to Islam.

Throughout my life I have had many cats. The 2 strangest ones were 2 feral kittens I had found in the woods when I was a kid and brought home. They got huge over 30 pounds each and did get quite vicious. I still have scars on my arms and legs from times they got a little irritable. When they were about 5 years old they reverted back to the woods on their own.

- Qatada -
12-01-2006, 07:36 PM

We got it for free, and we gave it away for free.. might aswell do that because usually cats and dogs aren't classed as animals which we need for work. Compared to horses, cows etc which people do need for work. Allaahu a'lam.

-Shakirah-
12-01-2006, 07:48 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: OMG!! when you realised first you should take him/her staright away immedietly to thy vets.
OMG!! can't ebelieve it you haven;t seen him/her since 15years my cat died by a silly man drove over it but i still can't get over it because that was my first ever cat! :'(
have you got anymore now:?

Well at first we didn't think anything was wrong, but as soon as we realised it wasn't normal we were taking it to the vets. It was all within a week

-Shakirah-
12-01-2006, 07:49 PM
And I'm so sorry about your cat 2

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-01-2006, 09:08 PM
salam

ooh the thread n replies too long...mmhhm...is it just about cats if so i can only tell you scary stories and embarssing ones when we were at my sis in laws house coz they have a cat ...but if not i talk about my cute 2 lickle BUDGIES!!!:D:D:D:D

wasalam

Tania
12-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Tania is an Ukthi whom is a christain - catholic on this site
Thank you to pointing out i am not a cat :giggling:
Saudi cat has longer ears than the europeans cat

*The picture was taken from mutttawa site.

snakelegs
12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
i like those cats with the big ears!!!
i've almost always had a dog until recently.
the man next door used to feed this stray cat. after he died, she started coming over here, and then she brought a male friend and i'm feeding them (even tho i knew better) cuz i felt sorry for them.
no doubt the female is pregnant! it is so hard to find homes for kittens - can't image what i'll do if she shows up with a family.
she was a little shy at first but has gotten quite a bit better.
he was very shy but now he isn't shy at all - in fact, he's a bit pushy.
left the door open by mistake and he just came walking in and made himself at home.
while the door was open, an oppossum sneaked in (this was 2 days ago) and now it's in the house and i have no idea how to get rid of it. it's very cute - if i could tame it, i'd probably be dumb enough to make a pet out of it too!
about my other pets, well......some of you already know and the rest probably don't wanna know!
i love animals - they're so much nicer than people!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I have 3 kittens! Well i started out with one. This lady whom my dad works with gave it to us, then she gave us 2 more! She gave it for free. Soo cute!
The lady is a crackhead and she still has a fourth one. When she gave us the other 3, they were so skinny and smelled like cigarettes!
So we gave them a bath. She fed them like every 6 hours! The day we got them, we fed them and they were really hungry. When they get old enuff to be on their own, we're going to set them free :)
Dont want to keep them house bound lol. I should put a pic =D.

England
12-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I have a cat but it spends all her life outside catching birds, mice etc. I've had it since I was a baby. It constantly scrounges for food even after being fed....
For some reason though she refuses to step inside the house and if we do manage to tempt her into the house and close the door she howls. Perhaps we have an evil spirit within our home :muddlehea :playing:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-01-2006, 11:27 PM
She wants to be free ;D lol
Well no one would wana be home bound lol.

Rabiyal
12-02-2006, 03:25 AM
ok since kitty you love animal and have experience, I think you would be the best person to talk to. I was wondering what kind of Parrot you got? I have a Rare Parakeet. I have trained him to sit on my hand and take bath on in his bath tub. But the thing is lately he's shedding too much feathers, I don't understand why and just getting kindda worried he's getting too small as he sheds. Any suggestions what to do? or is that normal for him to shed????
Thanks
Rabiya

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 04:43 AM
My daughter raise cokatiels and she has had many other birds. She had been a wildlife Rehabilitator and the Department of parks would bring her sick and injured birds to nurse back to health and be released into the wild. I just asked her what might be the problem. These are her Answers.

She doubts if it is normal molting as when birds molt they normaly loose only a few feathers at a time. the 2 most likely problems she suspects are mites or stress. Birds get stressed easily some things that will stress them is strangers in the house, change of environment, noises, etc. for both mites and stress a vet is your best choice.

Tania
12-02-2006, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Dont want to keep them house bound lol. I should put a pic =D.
Please do it :) I would like to see them
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
no doubt the female is pregnant! ...he was very shy but now he isn't shy at all - in fact, he's a bit pushy....an oppossum sneaked in (this was 2 days ago) and now it's in the house and i have no idea how to get rid of it. it's very cute - if i could tame it, i'd probably be dumb enough to make a pet out of it too!.
Congratulation for the new family - they came to you in the right order: mom, dad and will follow the kittens. The opposums are looking like toys. :) I would keep it until he will decide its time for him to go.

Tania
12-02-2006, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
My daughter raise cokatiels and she has had many other birds.
But its not better to leave the birds free:) I always said the birds are borned free because they can fly, no one should harm them .Keeping in the cage is not to stressful for them:?

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 04:54 AM
I shouldn't encourage you. Oppossums tame very easily. Just do not let them intimidate you with their hissing noise and showing off their teeth when they get scared. The little gluttons love most fruits in the south they are persimmon theives. However I did find they will follow you anyplace for a banana. Only worry with them is all wild critters have a risk of rabies. the further north you live the lower that risk is. Also oppossums can grow fairly large and they can get some nasty eating habits and to put it bluntly .....stink

Tania
12-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Only worry with them is all wild critters have a risk of rabies. the further north you live the lower that risk is. Also oppossums can grow fairly large and they can get some nasty eating habits and to put it bluntly .....stink
But she could call a vet to give him a medicine, exactly like to dogs. And if he entered in the house it means he wants to spend the winter there because may be in his own house was too cold. Its not nice to throw him out during the winter.

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
But its not better to leave the birds free:) I always said the birds are borned free because they can fly, no one should harm them .Keeping in the cage is not to stressful for them:?
I assume you are talking about the cockatiels. They are seldom in a cage, they have the run of the house and think they own us.
Also they are not native to the US and would not survive. These have been domesticated for many generations. The cockatiels are hand raised and are even more domesticated then most pets. She has 4 of them 2 pairs and she usualy raises 3 or 4 chicks each year which she gives to friends. Both pairs are nearly past their egg laying ages and for one pair this will be their last year. The other pair will stop laying next year.

The other birds I was talking about were injured wild birds that the park service brought to her to nurse back to health and then release them in the wild. It is illegal in Texas to keep any wild bird, or even posses a feather of a wild bird with the exception of game birds like Quail and ducks, unless you are a licensed rehabilitationist.

habiibti
12-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Assalamu aleikum

well i am cat owner/lover. i got ma cat in 2000.actually i didnt want a cat at first but ma neighbour got himhe was tiny and was learning to walk what they did was they would be away all day long and leave him all alone so after skul i would take him and feed him and when it was abt time da neighbours were coming i would put him back.honestly i used to remove him thru their kitchen window coz he was alway crying.after few weeks he wont eat their food or stay in their house.So basically they had to give him to me and that is how i came to won him. i still have but now he has grown old and fat.but i love him dearly.

Tania
12-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I assume you are talking about the cockatiels. They are seldom in a cage, they have the run of the house and think they own us. .
I thought at each bird which is kept in a cage. She is doing a good helping the injured birds to be heathly again.The cats didn't try to catch the cockatiels. :?

Rabiyal
12-02-2006, 04:24 PM
well I will try the vet then...thanks for the advice. and here's a pic of my parakeet....can I see pics of your pets...
My parakeet's name is Badal (meaning clouds)

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I thought at each bird which is kept in a cage. She is doing a good helping the injured birds to be heathly again.The cats didn't try to catch the cockatiels. :?
LOL my Daughter don't have any cats. I guess I should mention she is 39 years old and has a husband and 4 kids although only the youngest 2 are still at home.

Woodrow
12-02-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
well I will try the vet then...thanks for the advice. and here's a pic of my parakeet....can I see pics of your pets...
My parakeet's name is Badal (meaning clouds)
Here is my Daughter's oldest "tiel" his name is Tookitookums he likes to play scrabble. He isn't very good at it sometimes I beat him.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 07:01 PM
i had Parakeets before I got cats. I had 11 actually and so smart! They broke one of the bars, so it made it easier for them to get out and start flying around! It basically gave me exercise running after em ;D lol. One almost got eaten by a cat, she died later on, right in front of me :(. One died and i still dont understand how. One had a neck problem, she had her head tiltled to the side. So she was able to see jus one side. She also died :( Found her dead when i got back home from school. Some flew away =\. Dont ask how! I dont know. So then we gave the rest away :( One of my birds eggs hatched out of like 8 lol! The other female bird killed it :( I knew she would try too, so id always sit there and watch her. My mom got annoyed and told me to go play outside or something. I come back and the baby bird is dying =\. Its was about 8 days old i think. I think i still have pictures, but only the first two i got.

Please do it:) I would like to see them
Its on my laptop. The wireless internet isnt working and the pictures are on a small card. Laptop doesnt have a floppy drive so i can transfer it =\ So ill try to get it soon.

Kittygyal
12-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Assalmualikum.

mashallah Tania what you posted them cats are so adorable mashallah, Tania please take over this thread as i won't be here much.

please veeryone before i depart remember my nan in your Du3'ah (prayer) she has passed away today in U.S :( && now my grandpa is all alone :'(

Ma'assalama

The Ruler
12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by juuudyy
please veeryone before i depart remember my nan in your Du3'ah (prayer) she has passed away today in U.S :( && now my grandpa is all alone :'(

inna nillahi wa inna ilaihi raji3un :(

but ukhti you're gonna be back soon right insha'allah :D

now i wish that i had taken a few pictures of the cat i had...but oh well...since i dont, i dont :D

Hijaabi22
12-02-2006, 08:06 PM
i dont like cats imsad

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
meanie! lol
what do u like sis? :)

snakelegs
12-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I shouldn't encourage you. Oppossums tame very easily. Just do not let them intimidate you with their hissing noise and showing off their teeth when they get scared. The little gluttons love most fruits in the south they are persimmon theives. However I did find they will follow you anyplace for a banana. Only worry with them is all wild critters have a risk of rabies. the further north you live the lower that risk is. Also oppossums can grow fairly large and they can get some nasty eating habits and to put it bluntly .....stink
possum report:
i had left the door open all day yesterday and when i looked for him last night he was no where to be found, so i thought he'd left. much to my surprise he was still here this morning because he had torn up the floor by the door trying to get out in the night. so i moved everything out of there and there he was all curled up sound asleep in a bag of rags. i carried the bag and him outside and offered him the banana but he just grazed it before he ran away. i would say he was a teenage possum. so cute! maybe i'll start to leave little goodies out there for him - not anything cats would eat tho, or it will be gone!
i'm glad it was an oppossum and not a skunk (they're all around here too).
btw, when i lived in oklahoma for awhile, i learned that some people eat possums - squirrels too!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:03 PM
umm gross? possums are freaky lookin

Curious girl2
12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
I have a cat, he is black with adorable green eyes and long fluffy fur! We got him as a kitten from a rescue center. He is a real fuss pot, very timid and loving. Nice to cuddle up to on cold nights too!

Peace
CG

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Aww sounds like he's a beauty! Aww sweet, a rescue center. I have three, they're white wit some brown spots. One has like yellowish-green eyes, one has light blue eyes, and the other has a bit darker, but bright! I heart kitty cats! lol

snakelegs
12-02-2006, 11:20 PM
they are not gross! they're cute. he looked just like the one in oppossum 1.
oppossum 2 shows how they carry their babies.
i hope this works - i've never tried to post pictures before.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Well when they r aggressive wit their teeth, they do! I like Koala's lol! They look cute :D

England
12-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Well when they r aggressive wit their teeth, they do! I like Koala's lol! They look cute :D

Do they? :playing:

[

Pk_#2
12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
aww dey cute ^^

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Aww yes they are :) lol

Tania
12-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Sis GlacierNext time you need to be cautious and take at least one pic of it :)

Sis Snakelegs i didn't know they are carring the babies on their back. Its a modern way to travel ;) I found this one too - which is kind of fat what it means he knows a place where is foooooddd:

Bro Woodrow Tookitookums is smart and you got an always good moody partner to play scrabble. I can't play with my tortoises imsad

I like koalas, with their big ears, fluffly fur, they are cute. But their life is harsh, in Australia are many fires, especially during the winter - in december - and they are the most helpless creature from the wood. I saw few of them, rescued by people. Its really :(.
Here it looks better with a toy with his white belly :)

Tania
12-03-2006, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Do they? :playing:

[
Looking at the right koala i just rem to ask: How are you all dealing with the pets feeding? You are not tempted to give them too much food which make them to become fat? After doctors is not good if the pet is fat.

Tania
12-03-2006, 10:54 AM
The obese cats
Part 1 Effects of obesity
Obese cats, like obese humans, are generally less healthy and have shorter life expectancies. There will always be exceptions, but it is not safe to assume that your cat is the exception. The detrimental affects of obesity include:
  • Cardiovascular disease
  • Diabetes mellitus (sugar diabetes), specifically late onset diabetes.
  • Hepatic lipidosis (a type of liver disease)
  • Lameness due to arthritis (joints wear out due to carrying too much weight)
  • Cystitis (lower urinary tract disease).

How looks a couch potatoes cat:? The following picture is sugestive:

The source for this part

Kittygyal
12-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Assalmualikum,
Mashallah them pictures are ever so adorable 3ubhnallah!, keep this thread alive people as am goign to be away like in && out.
Ma'assalama

limitless
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM

my mom says cats are evils, they bring satan to house and etc. I never knew that@! The only animals i ever had was a parrot the colourful one lol with rainbows and etc. It flew :cry: i opened the cage! Gold fish died because my mom used tapped water instead of distilled water. And now I will buying a parrot soon and some imported fish from JApan!! wooho! P.s. anyone here a expert on fish? Need some help lol.

Kittygyal
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

my mom says cats are evils, they bring satan to house and etc. I never knew that@! The only animals i ever had was a parrot the colourful one lol with rainbows and etc. It flew :cry: i opened the cage! Gold fish died because my mom used tapped water instead of distilled water. And now I will buying a parrot soon and some imported fish from JApan!! wooho! P.s. anyone here a expert on fish? Need some help lol.

Assalmualikum.
my nephew loves fishs to thy max ask him lol one of fish died && my nephew wouldn't eat for days && wouldn't even get out of his room && all he will do was just sit && look at thy fish tank aww blesh him, but it's very very upsetting whne your pet dies it's like another love one has creeped out of your heart :cry:, am sowiee to hear your parrot has flew away i have still got mine never open thy cages because you know thy fly away lol, aww inshallah buy another one :).
Well tips on fishs from after all seeing my nephew well feed it well && right food look after it well keep it reach out of children && just sit there && look at thy tank like my nephew does ;D
humm cats bring satan to thy house humm never heard that && never seen an hadith on that aswel Allah Hu A3lim
if you want tips on cats then ask me for that am all ears :)
Ma'assalama

Tania
12-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I had two fishes which died :( and right now i keep only snails:) If you have questions related to fish just ask because i will search after sources :)

Hisbul_Aziz
12-03-2006, 09:11 PM
2puppys
According to Islaamic Sharee’ah, it is not permitted to keep a dog except within narrowly-defined limits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained: "Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." According to another report: ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2322)

Dogs are extremely naajis (impure, unclean). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (reported by Muslim, no. 279). According to another report: ". . . and clean it the eighth time with earth." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280).

It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it, as is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Abu Mas’oud al-Ansaari: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade (accepting) the price of a dog. (al-Fath, no. 2237)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to resemble dogs by placing our forearms on the ground during sujood (prostration), as in reported in the hadeeth narrated by Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do sujood properly; none of you should spread his forearms like a dog does." (al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 822).

Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that "a man saw a dog biting the dust because of thirst, so he took his shoe and started to scoop water up with it until the dog’s thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and granted him entry to Paradise for it." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 174).

According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, ‘He is suffering the same as I suffered,’ so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 2363).

We do not want to omit reminding you of the importance of reading the Qur’aan properly and referring to it. You say in your question that the story of the thirsty dog is in the Qur’aan, and that is not the case, as it is reported in the Sunnah.

And Allaah knows best

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=377&ln=eng&txt=Dog

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Cats aren't evil! Nuh uh. Thats like typical superstition...=\
Sorry Tania, im havin trouble gettin those pics!!! Sooooooooooooonn, ill get it here :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
^^cats are scary i dont touch i can just look and say aaaaaaaaw sooo CUTE:D:D:D:D

wasalam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
wattt! ur a weirdo ;D lol
so fun to play with :)

Sum-Muslim-Gal
12-04-2006, 12:32 AM
yeeeh fun once they come casing after you,,,

honestly my sis in law got a cat in there house once we over there we all go crazy lolzz well not me am use to it..this was like at the start wen my bro got married to her..aah my bro was soo embarassing he was soo scared bless him once the cat came and sat on his lap ..lolz and he was screaming but very quietly soo that his mother in law dont hear him... .then i dnt know what happened!!!..:X lets not go there is tooooo embarassing...

wasalam

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-04-2006, 01:11 AM
rofl, aww they too adorable! ah well, everyone has a fave i guess :)

snakelegs
12-04-2006, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

fishman is an expert on fish (i think-after all, why else is he "fishman"?)
i have a beta fish and 2 goldfish. in the u.s. you can buy "feeder goldfish" - cheap and meant to be fed to other fish or other animals. i buy them for my frog once in awhile. the 2 i've kept are ones the frog rejected. (once he rejects a fish i don't subject the fish to that trauma again and keep them as pets. usually, they don't live too long. anyway, one goldfish i've had for almost 4 years now - he's at least 3 inches long and his name is goldberg.
the other one i've had for about 2 years - they live together- i call the other one sidekick.
i enjoy them very much.

Tania
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Its possible bro Limitless to expect a koi fish - kept in the pound from the garden. Its good to remember to look after the birds which lives in your area - because you could remain without them.

soulsociety
12-04-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Shakirah-

Quite a moving story, mashallah. Although I think I may know what might have happened...

I heard one story of a toddler climbing on to the window of a high rise block. Their cat noticed and climbed on to the window and began pawing at the toddler, even scratching him? Not sure, anyway the toddler began crying and alerted other family members who came and found the baby on the window!

The baby also crawled outside to the stairs and again the cat followed and began pawing at him, making the baby cry and alerting family members.

Umm Safiya
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM

I was told a hadîth ones, but hasn't been able to find it.. Anyone here know of it?
It's something like, the Prophet 'alayhis-salat wa salam had a kitten sleeping on his thoub or dress, undergarment-thing.. And he had to move, but didn't wanna wake the little kitty, so he cut his garment around the kitten, so he could get up and the kitten could continue to sleep..

Thought it was so cute.. :wub: If anyone has heard of it before, please to tell me where I can find it, jazâkumullâhu khayran.. :)

Kittygyal
12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid_Shariff

According to Islaamic Sharee’ah, it is not permitted to keep a dog except within narrowly-defined limits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained: "Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." According to another report: ". . . unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 2322)

Dogs are extremely naajis (impure, unclean). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If a dog drinks from the vessel of any one of you, let him wash it seven times" (reported by Muslim, no. 279). According to another report: ". . . and clean it the eighth time with earth." (Saheeh Muslim, no. 280).

It is forbidden in Islaam to sell a dog and to receive payment for it, as is reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari from Abu Mas’oud al-Ansaari: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade (accepting) the price of a dog. (al-Fath, no. 2237)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us not to resemble dogs by placing our forearms on the ground during sujood (prostration), as in reported in the hadeeth narrated by Anas ibn Maalik, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do sujood properly; none of you should spread his forearms like a dog does." (al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 822).

Whoever keeps a dog in his house is denied the blessing of the angels’ presence in his house, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3225).

Keeping dogs nowadays is the habit of the kuffaar, who adopt them as friends, kiss them, let them lick them and their clothes, sleep with them and even leave them money in their wills. Keeping a dog is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some Muslims may claim that they need to keep a dog at home for purposes of protection, to which we respond that nowadays there are burglar alarm systems and other measures one may take for security purposes, and there is no need to keep a dog, praise be to Allaah.

It only remains for us to say that the fact that it is forbidden to keep a dog and interect closely with it does not mean that we should not be kind or feel compassion towards dogs if we see them in a pitiful state. These are two entirely separate matters. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that "a man saw a dog biting the dust because of thirst, so he took his shoe and started to scoop water up with it until the dog’s thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and granted him entry to Paradise for it." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 174).

According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whilst a man was walking he became very thirsty, so he went down to a well and drank from it. When he came out, he saw a dog panting and biting the soil because of thirst. The man said, ‘He is suffering the same as I suffered,’ so he filled his shoe (with water), came out and let the dog drink until his thirst was quenched. Allaah appreciated his good deed and forgave him because of it." The people asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be rewarded for how we treat animals?" He said, "In every living thing there is a reward." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, no. 2363).

We do not want to omit reminding you of the importance of reading the Qur’aan properly and referring to it. You say in your question that the story of the thirsty dog is in the Qur’aan, and that is not the case, as it is reported in the Sunnah.

And Allaah knows best

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=377&ln=eng&txt=Dog

Assalmualikum.
well Akhi thy are my nephews but i look after them as if there mine as he doesn't know how to look after them as he is only a kid, but as he is a christain && so is rest of my relatives && family so thy don't believe in this :uhwhat Allah Hu A3lim.
Ma'assalama

Curious girl2
12-04-2006, 10:37 PM
We might be getting another kitten next week. My friends cat had kittens 7 weeks ago and they will be ready to go next week. They are adorable little things. The mother had 5 kittens but one of them had a cleft lip/pallet and died after 5 days. My friend was wonderful as the little thing couldnt feed from his mother and she hand reared it with a pipette every hour day and night. Poor little thing died of pneumonia in the end due to aspirating milk.

Peace
CG

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-04-2006, 11:09 PM
aww poor kitty :(
Thats how i got my kittens :D
<3 em to death lol.

Kittygyal
12-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Assalmualikum.
aww thats sad :'(, anywho tell me when you have a kitten inshallah me had a kitten while back now :wub:
Ma'assalama

Curious girl2
12-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Assalmualikum.
aww thats sad :'(, anywho tell me when you have a kitten inshallah me had a kitten while back now :wub:
Ma'assalama
We are going for him one day next week. Dont know what to call him yet (suggestions gratefully received!). I'll try to take a pic and see if I can find out how to put it on here. We've already picked him out, he is stripey and identical the little one that died, very mischevious too apparently!

Cant wait until we can bring him home.

Peace CG

Tania
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I will help you to post the pic soon as you took it:)
For cats name i found a 2000 name database :click here :)

The art of naming your pet
Veterinary Pet Insurance offers the following tips for choosing
the most appropriate name for your new cat:
  • One-syllable names, like Max and Sam, make learning and recognition easier for your pet. Two-syllable names also work well because animals listen for the first syllable sound.
  • Be aware of choosing names (such as Joe, Neil) that are similar to voice commands used for obedience: no, sit, come, heel, down, talk,etc.
  • Choose a name that is easy to call out and won't embarrass you (as you shout it through your neighborhood at 7 a.m.); consider choosing Happy over Stinky.
  • Don't give your pets and your children similar names or neither will know who you're calling.
  • Consider choosing a name based on breed lineage.
  • Plan for growth -- a puppy will no longer be a puppy after a year, so consider that Tiny may not be the best choice for larger breeds.

A survey of VPI's 300,000-plus policyholders showed that Bailey, Buddy, Molly, Maggie, Lucy, Jake, Daisy, Rocky and Sadie rounded out the top ten rankings for 2004.
Source: click here
Saba its a cute name:)

Cheb
12-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Well I got 2 cats of my own. They were both street cats that seemed to have lost their mother. The first I found while getting back from work. It was just lying there in the heat and had ants all over it eating it alive. I thought it was dead but when I looked closely its eyes were open and it was just staring at me without moving. It was thin to the bone and was too weak to do anything. I went back to the office to get a box, put it in and took it to a vet. He cleaned it up, gave it a few injections and some food. It was still sick so I took it to another vet and left it there for a week in 24/7 care. It is nice and healthy now :)
Surprisingly enough only 1 day after I found the first cat, I saw another one at about 3am in my compound just sitting on a pavement meowing. Probably looking for its mother. I couldn’t resist and took that in too.
They are both happy and healthy now and cute as hell ;)

Tania
12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
They are both happy and healthy now and cute as hell ;)
This story require a photo of both cats. Please post it to can see the little cute kittens.:)

snakelegs
12-06-2006, 07:28 PM
the stray cat i started feeding a couple of months ago quickly became 2 cats and now #3 has shown up!!! so far i am drawing the line at 2.
what did i get myself in to? :rollseyes

Tania
12-06-2006, 07:33 PM
the stray cat i started feeding a couple of months ago quickly became 2 cats and now #3 has shown up!!! so far i am drawing the line at 2.
The free 5*stars restaurant especially created for cats :? I think they enjoy your food which shows you are a great cook.
I think you drew the line at 2 until the kittens will show up:giggling:

Curious girl2
12-06-2006, 09:03 PM
I will help you to post the pic soon as you took it:)
For cats name i found a 2000 name database :click here :)

The art of naming your pet
Veterinary Pet Insurance offers the following tips for choosing
the most appropriate name for your new cat:
  • One-syllable names, like Max and Sam, make learning and recognition easier for your pet. Two-syllable names also work well because animals listen for the first syllable sound.
  • Be aware of choosing names (such as Joe, Neil) that are similar to voice commands used for obedience: no, sit, come, heel, down, talk,etc.
  • Choose a name that is easy to call out and won't embarrass you (as you shout it through your neighborhood at 7 a.m.); consider choosing Happy over Stinky.
  • Don't give your pets and your children similar names or neither will know who you're calling.
  • Consider choosing a name based on breed lineage.
  • Plan for growth -- a puppy will no longer be a puppy after a year, so consider that Tiny may not be the best choice for larger breeds.

A survey of VPI's 300,000-plus policyholders showed that Bailey, Buddy, Molly, Maggie, Lucy, Jake, Daisy, Rocky and Sadie rounded out the top ten rankings for 2004.
Saba its a cute name:)
That is exactly like the kitten we are getting!! Saba is a nice name. Our other cat is called Max. The bit about chosing a name that you wont be embarressed calling out is quite funny actually as Max is affectionately known as Fleabag from time to time! He even comes when you shout it now!

Peace CG

Curious girl2
12-06-2006, 09:05 PM
You dont adopt cats, cats adopt you LOL! We feed a local stray. He never comes in the house but we give him a dish of food each day outside our back door. We call him Scabbycat because he really looks worse for wear!#

Peace CG

snakelegs
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
that's funny - i call the male "scabbers" because he has quite a few battle scars. i agree - cats adopt you, not the other way around. i let them in the house once in a great while, but not for long. last time the one that i think is female (her fur is so long, i can't be sure - also, she is still pretty timid.
how come you were so lucky - fed a cat and he didn't blab it all over catdom?

snakelegs
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
The free 5*stars restaurant especially created for cats :? I think they enjoy your food which shows you are a great cook.
I think you drew the line at 2 until the kittens will show up:giggling:
yeah, i think they must find out these things from watching Cat News.
i really am worried about kittens - i have no idea what i would do with them - it's very hard to find homes for kittens. but so far, she doesn't look like she's getting fat. i certainly can't keep them all.
there is some chance that the long haired one is not a female (i hope). but if they are both males, i would think they would fight.
tiger cats are my favourites, next would be black cats.
these are neither. they certainly are characters!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-06-2006, 10:11 PM
hey tania im gettin ma cats pics up soon :D

Cheb
12-06-2006, 10:16 PM
This story require a photo of both cats. Please post it to can see the little cute kittens.:)
Sure :)
This is the first one I found:

That pic was taken about a week after I found it. It was the first time it stood up :)

This is after a month or 2:

This is the second one I found :):

The first is the quiet one that loves you. The second is the playful one that’ll just come to you for food :P

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
omg its skinny! still cute! wow @ its eyes lol.

Cheb
12-06-2006, 10:20 PM
omg its skinny! still cute! wow @ its eyes lol.
Yeah it was really sick in the first pic. Dehydrated and malnourished. I really did not expect it to survive.

Curious girl2
12-06-2006, 10:22 PM
that's funny - i call the male "scabbers" because he has quite a few battle scars. i agree - cats adopt you, not the other way around. i let them in the house once in a great while, but not for long. last time the one that i think is female (her fur is so long, i can't be sure - also, she is still pretty timid.
how come you were so lucky - fed a cat and he didn't blab it all over catdom?
I dont know! Maybe he knows he is onto a good thing and doesnt want to share LOL! He just turns up everyday for his food then off he goes again. Wont come in the house, no matter how bad the weather is. A true stray I reckon. He is covered in battle scars too, thats why we call him Scabbycat. He looks quite old too.

Peace CG

Curious girl2
12-06-2006, 10:24 PM
*long quoted edited*

Poor thing! Certainly looks more healthier and happier in the second pic. How did you find it?

Peace CG

Cheb
12-06-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2
Poor thing! Certainly looks more healthier and happier in the second pic. How did you find it?

Peace CG
Yeah and even better now since that pic was taken a few months ago. In page 6 I explained how I got them :).

Tania
12-07-2006, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Yeah and even better now since that pic was taken a few months ago.
The first one looks very skinny and i doubt too it would have survived on the streets or if you would have take him at home. Without that week spent at doctor probably would have died. Even the tail looks like a stick :(
Now it looks much better, calm and i think he will always remain the quiet one which will love you. :)
The second cat has a great potential for mistchiefs. You will never become his boss and i think he will know exactly how to take the maximum benefits from being your cat. :)
But they look like brothers, same spots only the colours are different.Which make me to think may be you have some neglecting neighbour in your way which throws the kittens on the streets :rant:

Tania
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
That is exactly like the kitten we are getting!! ..Our other cat is called Max. The bit about chosing a name that you wont be embarressed calling out is quite funny actually as Max is affectionately known as Fleabag from time to time
They says if its from 2 syllable sounds the cat can recognize quickly his name ( are two right flea-bag:hiding: :-[). I hope Max will never will find out the meaning of his name because i am sure will become:offended:

The kitten pic its an maui bengal breed (due to his spots was named by some the leopard cat) which has the following features:
  • Breed Classification:Exotic
  • Origins: Bengal Cats were developed by breeding the Asian Leopard Cat with the Domestic Cat (India)
  • Litter Size: 5
  • Life Span: 10-15 Years
  • Personality: Bengals may appear to be more like a dog than a cat. Some will retrieve and they all like to play cat and mouse games. Bengals love to climb and play in water. They never grow up.
  • Grooming Requirements: Weekly brushing to control shedding.
  • Social skills: Bengals get along very well with other animals if at least 4 generations removed from the wild.
  • Good with Children: If children taught to play appropriately with cats
  • Energy Level: Owning a Bengal is like having a perpetual kitten.
  • Noisiness: A Bengal's voice may sound like something from the wild.
  • Health: These are very healthy cats, yet they suffer from entropion which is an inward rolling of the eyelid which requires surgery.
  • Shedding: Medium
  • Cause Allergies: None

Tania
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
hey tania im gettin ma cats pics up soon :D
I don't dare to ask what do you understand by "soon" :-[ - (how soon is this soon) but we are waiting the pictures:)

starfortress
12-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I have lost one of my cat about few month back due to severely infected,i guess.We call him Stone cold,well because his fighting habits.The only thing make me wonder till this day was,when we sent himto veterinar office for injury treatment.After a fast flash checkup without any proper diagnostic tools some how the veterinary give a conclusion that my cat was infected by a bacteria and possibility for a cancer diseases.It was shocking and new to me.:uuh: esp the cancer diseases.

Tania
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starfortress
I have lost one of my cat about few month back due to severely infected,i guess.After a fast flash checkup without any proper diagnostic tools some how the veterinary give a conclusion that my cat was infected by a bacteria and possibility for a cancer diseases.
If it was cancer its better if she died without to suffer too much. My dog died because of cancer and she was diagnosed in the same matter. The doctor pushed with the hands her belly and said tumuor. He felt it. I followed the classical removing surgery , after which i found out, around 2 weeks later, its belign tumour which it means will spread again .Exactly that happened. imsad The animals are not spared by the human diseases imsad

starfortress
12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
If it was cancer its better if she died without to suffer too much.
That was exactly what the Doctor told me,with the dead injection to end his life,but i refused to accept it.Then he finally dead at my home few weeks later.

The rest

Tania
12-07-2006, 07:19 PM
You have cute cats:) If do you have a close up pics because here i can't see them to well :-[ Which are their name:? We have a sis which tries to find the purffect name for her kitten , so may be she will be inspired:)

Mawaddah
12-07-2006, 07:33 PM
That was exactly what the Doctor told me,with the dead injection to end his life,but i refused to accept it.Then he finally dead at my home few weeks later.

The rest
That Black cat is humungous!!! And Look at the Orange ones tail!! awwwwww I love it the way Malaysian cats look like they only have half of a tail :giggling:

These are My cats :D

These 'Kittens' are so big and yet they insist on nursing from their mother!! :rant:

The female cats of My neighbourhood worship this cat of mine :giggling:

starfortress
12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
You have cute cats:) If do you have a close up pics because here i can't see them to well :-[ Which are their name:? We have a sis which tries to find the purffect name for her kitten , so may be she will be inspired:)

The grey color name is Grey,while the orange is Merah,Grey just have been diagnosed as obesity.:heated:

Mawaddah
12-07-2006, 07:43 PM
It looks as if both of them are obese! I would love to cuddle them though...Masha'allah.....I'm remembering how someone promised to get me a cat like that.....I wonder if I'll still get it :cry:

starfortress
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
That Black cat is humungous!!! And Look at the Orange ones tail!! awwwwww I love it the way Malaysian cats look like they only have half of a tail :giggling:

These are My cats :D

These 'Kittens' are so big and yet they insist on nursing from their mother!! :rant:

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/tahaany/TATA2.jpg[/IMG
Where is the daddy?:D by the way you have bunch of naughty kittens

starfortress
12-07-2006, 07:50 PM
It looks as if both of them are obese! I would love to cuddle them though...Masha'allah.....I'm remembering how someone promised to get me a cat like that.....I wonder if I'll still get it :cry:
Im sorry for the confusing,actually both are the same cat,the Merah(Orange colour) was in the previous picture.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't dare to ask what do you understand by "soon" :-[ - (how soon is this soon) but we are waiting the pictures:)
My wireless router is messed up and the pictures r on the laptop. I cant get em off the laptop. My bro has a flash drive, but its for his class. No way he'll let me use it :mad: lol
Ill just post em when i get em :)

Tania
12-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm remembering how someone promised to get me a cat like that.....I wonder if I'll still get it :cry:
But you have cats, why do you need another one:? Your big cats should immediatelly move to the canned food and give to mom a break. its not permisible at this age to eat like that :-[. I wish to see your lessons of "how should the cats behave" :giggling:

Tania
12-07-2006, 08:22 PM
My wireless router is messed up and the pictures r on the laptop. I cant get em off the laptop. My bro has a flash drive, but its for his class. No way he'll let me use it :mad: lol
Ill just post em when i get em :)
Lets says i understood what are you saying but definetlly i will wait them:)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-07-2006, 08:23 PM
so u mean u dont know all that i said? lol
ok well u get the main point =D

Tania
12-07-2006, 08:26 PM
The grey color name is Grey,while the orange is Merah,Grey just have been diagnosed as obesity.:heated:
Soon i will post the second part about obese cats but until then you should cut off the dry food and move to the canned food. May be the vet could give you other ideas too. The day meal of the cat its a mouse. You can imagine now how much should eat Grey, right:? The fact his head is in that pot doesn't look to well. :-[ She seems already to sleepy so you need to find extra activities for her, like toys, let her out from house for much longer time.

starfortress
12-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Soon i will post the second part about obese cats but until then you should cut off the dry food and move to the canned food. May be the vet could give you other ideas too. The day meal of the cat its a mouse. You can imagine now how much should eat Grey, right:? The fact his head is in that pot doesn't look to well. :-[ She seems already to sleepy so you need to find extra activities for her, like toys, let her out from house for much longer time.
Yep i should try that,maybe something else besides the mouse because he afraid to Hamster aswell.:giggling:and he also a male cat.:okay:

Tania
12-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I didn't say to give him mouses to eat. I said that only for you: to can imagine how much should he eat each day - around 60 gr. I don't dare to ask the pot weight but it seems to be 1/2 kg. You have to give him less food. Definetly not mouses or your hamsters. Because its a him you should allow to find a girlfriend. Let him out from the house. That would be a nice walk to go from one neighbour to another.

Where is Merah picture:? Why are they not playing together:? Have you tried to buy them toys:?

And don't forget to buy them canned food , not dry food. The dry food its dangerous for cats.

starfortress
12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I didn't say to give him mouses to eat. I said that only for you: to can imagine how much should he eat each day - around 60 gr. I don't dare to ask the pot weight but it seems to be 1/2 kg. You have to give him less food. Definetly not mouses or your hamsters. Because its a him you should allow to find a girlfriend. Let him out from the house. That would be a nice walk to go from one neighbour to another.

Where is Merah picture:? Why are they not playing together:? Have you tried to buy them toys:?

And don't forget to buy them canned food , not dry food. The dry food its dangerous for cats.
Sorry to missquoted your statement:hiding: he mostly sleeping in house in daytime especially in raining season,i didn't really know his outdoor activity at night.Both was a very friendly when their belly is full.I only have 1 Merah picture for this moment yet he is not so fotogenic type:D ,yes i'll should encourage him with dry food.

Kittygyal
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Assalmualikum.
mashallah this thread still going on shkran Tani thanks alot :wub:

anywho how many Cats/Kitties have you got Akhi Starfortess:?
Ma'assalam

Tania
12-08-2006, 07:43 PM
All About Weaning Kittens

When should the kitten to be separated by his mother:?
The best time to separate a kitten from its mother is between
seven and eight weeks of age. :)
Why:?
  1. It is at this point that weaning
    has been completed (the switch from nursing mother's milk to
    eating solid food) and a kitten can best adjust to living in a
    strange home with a new family. If taken away too early, kittens
    may have to be bottle-fed by their new families and frequently
    behave badly due to premature departure from the nest.
  2. Kittens who are separated from their mother when older than seven
    or eight weeks will have a harder time accepting the new family,
    as they have become accustomed to their mother and siblings.

What should we do:?
In order to make this transition easy for the kittens, you should
start introducing kitten food early on. At about four weeks of
age start mixing a good quality kitten food with milk or water,
and soak it until it resembles oatmeal. Place the food in a
shallow bowl and stimulate the kittens to eat it by placing a bit
of the food in their mouths. Once the kittens are eating well out
of the bowl it is safe to stop the nursing with the queen.
:)

starfortress
12-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Assalmualikum.
mashallah this thread still going on shkran Tani thanks alot :wub:

anywho how many Cats/Kitties have you got Akhi Starfortess:?
Ma'assalam
I have to male cats at this moment.The Grey was a given from my uncle when he was kitten,and Merah was found by me at my work place and he also was a kitten at that time.

What is that Akhi or Ukthi means?:hiding:

Tania@

Is it your cat?,i love to see its paws spread like that:)ermm a very cute face

Curious girl2
12-08-2006, 10:04 PM

Wow I never knew that! Why is dry food dangerous?

Peace CG

Tania
12-09-2006, 06:58 AM
I don't have cat :( I travel between two towns because of my job and i don't have time to look after a cat or dog. When the things will become clear i will have two:) But until then imsad
I take the pics from the net to make the article more nice. This article its for sis Mawaddah and her kittens. I choose the kitten because the owner said 8 months old and he has a cute beard:giggling:

Tania
12-09-2006, 07:29 AM

Peace CG
Please read the article:

The Obese Cats
Part II The dangers of the dry food !!
An increasing number of American Veterinary Medical Association members, including board-certified veterinary nutritionists, are now strongly recommending the feeding of canned food instead of dry kibble.

The three key negative issues associated with dry food are:

1) type of protein - too high in plant-based versus animal-based proteins
The cats are carnivores - It means that your cat was built by Mother Nature to get her nutritional needs met by the consumption of a large amount of animal-based proteins (meat) and derives much less nutritional support from plant-based proteins (grains). It means that cats lack specific metabolic (enzymatic) pathways and cannot utilize plant proteins as efficiently as animal proteins. The protein in dry food, which is often heavily plant-based, is not equal in quality to the protein in canned food, which is meat-based.
2) carbohydrate load is too high
Cats have no dietary need for carbohydrates and, more worrisome is the act that too many carbohydrates can be highly detrimental to their health. The dry food because its based practically on grains (plants) has a high lever of carbohydrates - "35-50 percent carbohydrates. Some of the cheaper dry foods contain even higher levels. "
3) water content is too low
Another extremely important nutrient with respect to overall health is water. It is very important for a cat to ingest water with its food, as the cat does not have a very strong thirst drive. This is a critical point. This lack of a strong thirst drive leads to low-level, chronic dehydration when dry food makes up the bulk of their diet.
Cats are designed to obtain most of their water with their diet since their normal prey contains approximately 75 percent water. Dry foods only contain 10 percent water

Conclusion:
  • The cats will never eat grains - you will never see cats running after a pack of biscuits , they chase only meat!
  • The dry food is based on grains for which the cats has no proper liver to can digest it!
  • The cats obtain their water from the prey - and the dry food has a low contain of water!

Curious girl2
12-09-2006, 11:40 AM
.................[*]The cats obtain their water from the pray - and the dry food has a low contain of water![/LIST]
I never thought of all that. I give my cat a mix of tinned food and dry, as well as cat milk and scraps such as bits of left over chicken. Thanks for telling me, you learn something new everyday here!

Peace CG

Tania
12-09-2006, 11:48 AM
pray = prey :hiding:

Its much better to mix up the food with water or milk, if she likes it. In this way you will avoid lot of problems which could rise from here :)

Soon i will post how should we read the cat food labels :) - i found a good article about that too

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I have to male cats at this moment.The Grey was a given from my uncle when he was kitten,and Merah was found by me at my work place and he also was a kitten at that time.

What is that Akhi or Ukthi means?:hiding:

Tania@

Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu
oh mashallah first time we had a brother on board whom likes cats, my nephew just doesn't leave my cats alone && my kitten he just grabs there legs && at times he kicks them but now ALHAMDULILLAH he doesn't anymore but he used to when he just looses his temper one of my cat is very scared of people thy rest of my cats just go for people but one is a very small hearted he's very scared when he see's people, && when i come back from work the come running to me && whom ever comes first to me && if he never gt there before them he will sit in a corner && sigh wallahi i love them all but this cat makes me cry at time's. His name is TOM he's very sensitive. i always count my cats because one of my cat got run over :cry: && that cat was given on my first ever birthday from my mam && that was a memroy since my mam has left her soul imsad , every animal is like as if there with me thats how much i love them && i love ALL animals but my best animal is cats since i was 1 i had my first cat && now me still love cats got 1 kitten whom is mashallah very cute && have 5 cats i have got pics of them on my cell inshallah i will try my best to put them up in my free time if i have any free time inshallah i will try.
Ma'assalama

P.s Akhi is a word in 3rabic which means brother && Ukthi which means sister. :)

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 02:01 PM
I never thought of all that. I give my cat a mix of tinned food and dry, as well as cat milk and scraps such as bits of left over chicken. Thanks for telling me, you learn something new everyday here!

Peace CG
it's not good to give left over to cats or any animal because if you think about it there animals && they want there own food && it's best if you give them cat food && milk because at times you might give them chicken && chicken is not very healthy for them because it's kinda greasy (anywho me never eat that) && also if you do give them chicken give them roasted chicken with less fat no grease in && no chilles in && not much oil also remember to feed them boil water every moring but NOT i repeat NOT boil as in VERY VERY warm medium also warm thy milk.
i can never let anyone feed my pets at all because all night i will never get to sleep :uhwhat thats how much i love them :wub:
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I don't have cat :( I travel between two towns because of my job and i don't have time to look after a cat or dog. When the things will become clear i will have two:) But until then imsad
I take the pics from the net to make the article more nice. This article its for sis Mawaddah and her kittens. I choose the kitten because the owner said 8 months old and he has a cute beard:giggling:
Greetings Tania,

inshallah when my cats has more Kitties i will know whom to pass them to :X
loool a beard ;D
do you have any pets whatso ever:?
Ma'assalam

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 02:08 PM
pray = prey :hiding:

Its much better to mix up the food with water or milk, if she likes it. In this way you will avoid lot of problems which could rise from here :)

Soon i will post how should we read the cat food labels :) - i found a good article about that too
Greetings Tania,

it is good at times, but i mixed veg with boil water for my cats && my kitten they love eating that but thats only if they behave && thats their treat.

Peace, Take care :)
Jodie

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Peace CG
dry food is dangerous because as cats eat it can get very swifty in there throat && they can choak on that also it affects there tounge i NEVER give dry food to my pets always give them abit of water boiled. Best warm thy dry food && boil water && then give it to them but NOT i repeat NOT very warm.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 02:15 PM

aww Ukthi i can give you one :playing: i have 5 cats && 1 kitten don't worry inshallah you will have one or two or even more inshallah.

Ma'assalam

Tania
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
inshallah when my cats has more Kitties i will know whom to pass them to :X
loool a beard ;D
do you have any pets whatso ever:?
Ma'assalam
Yes, i can keep at the moment pets which don't need too much attention/day like 2 tortoises and 4 snails:) The snails are living in aqvarium and the tortoises are most time walking in the room. They spend some time in their own aqvarium too:) I will post pics with them :)

Its a deal - when i will have time to spend with them i would like a kitten from you - another one must be from our family lineage:giggling: like the cat above - the entire catdom of my grandma , regardless of their gender were named Lorinc. :giggling:

Tania
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
it's not good to give left over to cats
I would like only to quote the answer given by specialists in cat diet which confirm Jodie recomandation:

1. Some human foods are toxic to cats, even in small amounts, such as onions or chocolate.
  2. Most human food is either too highly spiced, or too fat-laced to be good for cats. Even though the food may smell appealing, tummy aches or vomiting might be the end result.
  3. A cat regularly fed human food will either lose his taste for his own food, or be too full to eat it. Either way, he will lose the essential nutrients, including taurine, so necessary for cats to survive and thrive.
  4. Allowing cats to eat "at the table" is creating your own home-grown monster. You may find your guests appalled at having a cat at the table, and your cat will be miffed at being banished.

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Yes, i can keep at the moment pets which don't need too much attention/day like 2 tortoises and 4 snails:) The snails are living in aqvarium and the tortoises are most time walking in the room. They spend some time in their own aqvarium too:) I will post pics with them :)

Its a deal - when i will have time to spend with them i would like a kitten from you - another one must be from our family lineage:giggling: like the cat above - the entire catdom of my grandma , regardless of their gender were named Lorinc. :giggling:
Greetings Tania :wub:

looool, i will love to give you one but thy thing is i will be left in tears :X that cat is so beautiful mashallah.

peace-Out,
Jodie

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I would like only to quote the answer given by specialists in cat diet which confirm Jodie recomandation:

1. Some human foods are toxic to cats, even in small amounts, such as onions or chocolate.
  2. Most human food is either too highly spiced, or too fat-laced to be good for cats. Even though the food may smell appealing, tummy aches or vomiting might be the end result.
  3. A cat regularly fed human food will either lose his taste for his own food, or be too full to eat it. Either way, he will lose the essential nutrients, including taurine, so necessary for cats to survive and thrive.
  4. Allowing cats to eat "at the table" is creating your own home-grown monster. You may find your guests appalled at having a cat at the table, and your cat will be miffed at being banished.

Greetings Tania :wub:

lool, my cats && my kitten sit down && never cause any trouble when i have guests they no whats going to happen, they won't get their treat, but at times they can be abit over emotional by just messing around with thy guests but under control :X

take care,
Jodie

Curious girl2
12-09-2006, 03:02 PM
it's not good to give left over to cats or any animal because if you think about it there animals && they want there own food && it's best if you give them cat food && milk because at times you might give them chicken && chicken is not very healthy for them because it's kinda greasy (anywho me never eat that) && also if you do give them chicken give them roasted chicken with less fat no grease in && no chilles in && not much oil also remember to feed them boil water every moring but NOT i repeat NOT boil as in VERY VERY warm medium also warm thy milk.
i can never let anyone feed my pets at all because all night i will never get to sleep :uhwhat thats how much i love them :wub:
Ma'assalama
Thats what I give him, if we have some chicken, just plain chicken, then he has what is left.

Peace CG

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Thats what I give him, if we have some chicken, just plain chicken, then he has what is left.

Peace CG
do you give thy same chicken you eat:?, it's not good to give same chicken as you eat because it can affect thy cat && it can lead to alot of problems.
Ma'assalama

starfortress
12-09-2006, 06:25 PM
oh mashallah first time we had a brother on board whom likes cats, my nephew just doesn't leave my cats alone && my kitten he just grabs there legs && at times he kicks them but now ALHAMDULILLAH he doesn't anymore but he used to when he just looses his temper one of my cat is very scared of people thy rest of my cats just go for people but one is a very small hearted he's very scared when he see's people, && when i come back from work the come running to me && whom ever comes first to me && if he never gt there before them he will sit in a corner && sigh wallahi i love them all but this cat makes me cry at time's. His name is TOM he's very sensitive. i always count my cats because one of my cat got run over :cry: && that cat was given on my first ever birthday from my mam && that was a memroy since my mam has left her soul imsad , every animal is like as if there with me thats how much i love them && i love ALL animals but my best animal is cats since i was 1 i had my first cat && now me still love cats got 1 kitten whom is mashallah very cute && have 5 cats i have got pics of them on my cell inshallah i will try my best to put them up in my free time if i have any free time inshallah i will try.
Ma'assalama

I hope i'm not the person who Broke the rules as a cat lover Brother:p ,but Alhamdulillah i enjoy this sense of feeling to love and protect this agile creatures.

Same here most of the boys like to playing kittens with their own rough styles,yes the girls will serve them better, more as a living Barbie doll or a chatting friend:giggling: ,even they put on some decorations like the flower and necklace to them.

Me too cannot stand to see some adults whose enjoyed their power over this creatures,i have saw it many times.Then we should give this words to them Why not you enjoy it(your power)with the tiger its sad when you have to said that to the normal adult persons and some of them are friends.

Greats..5 kittys :thumbs_up.Sorry for your lost ukthi,as part of nature we all going to lost somethingimsad.I grab this words Patah tumbuh hilang berganti is a Malay proverb that describes the cycle of life; a broken branch will grow back.

Curious girl2
12-09-2006, 06:50 PM
do you give thy same chicken you eat:?, it's not good to give same chicken as you eat because it can affect thy cat && it can lead to alot of problems.
Ma'assalama
Just plain chicken, no spices or sauces, roasted thats all.

Peace CG

starfortress
12-09-2006, 07:05 PM

Peace CG
Here at my place,we aren't encouraged by giving a chicken meat to the cats,because once they get the taste of chicken they will going to find the sources even living chickens.Seriously i believe that because my cat too was two times catch the chicks.:heated:

Tania
12-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Here at my place,we aren't encouraged by giving a chicken meat to the cats,because once they get the taste of chicken they will going to find the sources even living chickens.Seriously i believe that because my cat too was two times catch the chicks.:heated:
Ohh i never heard of that. Since you give him only one part of the chicken , how could she recognize the alive bird:? I know the cats are catching birds, but this is in their genetic code :-[ regardelss of you are feeding or not birds to the cat

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-09-2006, 07:58 PM
lol speaking of food, my kittens try to come after my food when im eating lol.
They like it better than their own :giggling:

Tania
12-09-2006, 08:04 PM
little beggers:giggling: You must be harsh and don't give them. Off note: i am not surprised at all by their decision:giggling:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Well no lol, i give them some of mine when its meat and when its not spicy :)
They get to have halal meat ahha :D

starfortress
12-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Ohh i never heard of that. Since you give him only one part of the chicken , how could she recognize the alive bird:? I know the cats are catching birds, but this is in their genetic code :-[ regardelss of you are feeding or not birds to the cat
I guess the Animal Instinct will drive and motivate some domestic pets some how turns them to the original wild character form that carried in their genetic blood code when in danger,hunger or in desperate situation.And or maybe because the chicks looking like walking birds to them.I also doubt if Merah would be able to catch the adult chickens.

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:41 PM

I hope i'm not the person who Broke the rules as a cat lover Brother:p ,but Alhamdulillah i enjoy this sense of feeling to love and protect this agile creatures.

Same here most of the boys like to playing kittens with their own rough styles,yes the girls will serve them better, more as a living Barbie doll or a chatting friend:giggling: ,even they put on some decorations like the flower and necklace to them.

Me too cannot stand to see some adults whose enjoyed their power over this creatures,i have saw it many times.Then we should give this words to them Why not you enjoy it(your power)with the tiger its sad when you have to said that to the normal adult persons and some of them are friends.

Greats..5 kittys :thumbs_up.Sorry for your lost ukthi,as part of nature we all going to lost somethingimsad.I grab this words Patah tumbuh hilang berganti is a Malay proverb that describes the cycle of life; a broken branch will grow back.
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warabarakathuhu
N3'am we will all be leaving our soul one day or another this life is eneternal for us, loosing a pet is very hard because to behonest pets are like humans they live,eat,toilet && die so it's similer to humans we live,eat, toilet && die.

all of my cats && 1 kitten have got leads on there knecks && also they have a bell on there lead, i blow wistle which is conected to their lead && then they come home.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:41 PM

Peace CG
with any water mixed with it:?
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:43 PM
many cats && kittens are like that but Alhamdulillah my cats && kittens are not like that but my parrot is like that he just glares at me && keep whistling so i get his attention very annoying but i love him :wub:, you need to get your cat trained then Ukthi
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:44 PM
little beggers:giggling: You must be harsh and don't give them. Off note: i am not surprised at all by their decision:giggling:
true you should be harsh at first i mean like get them trained not beat them up ofcourse NOT! but just get them trained.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:45 PM
some cats are very wild you should get it trained Akhi inshallah
Ma'assalama

starfortress
12-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Well no lol, i give them some of mine when its meat and when its not spicy :)
They get to have halal meat ahha :D
Malaysias cats without hasitation can esily eat hot spicy chilli meats or fish:D

Just a joke ukthi:giggling:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-09-2006, 08:51 PM
lol they didnt do it b4, but its my bro who does that, so they think they can get it. If im gunna give them any of my own, i put it in there bowl. They look at anything thats new, so they try to "explore." lol

snakelegs
12-09-2006, 08:51 PM
the continuing saga of the (now) 3 cats that have chosen me as their servant and provider.
sometimes i have them come in the house for a little while. 2 of them have already jumped right up on the kitchen table twice, which i don't find endearing at all.
my impression is that cats own people and train people, and not the other way around. is it possible to train a cat not to jump up on things - and how do you do it?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Malaysias cats without hasitation can esily eat hot spicy chilli meats or fish:D

Omg lol! I was about to say i havent tried it and when i quoted u i read the bottom and u said it was a joke.... :hiding:
Lol i didnt read it at first :giggling:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-09-2006, 08:54 PM
the continuing saga of the (now) 3 cats that have chosen me as their servant and provider.
sometimes i have them come in the house for a little while. 2 of them have already jumped right up on the kitchen table twice, which i don't find endearing at all.
my impression is that cats own people and train people, and not the other way around. is it possible to train a cat not to jump up on things - and how do you do it?
omg my kittens pull on my curtains in my room....
When we're out and we come back home, theres like papers all over lol. Cushions on the sofa r misplaced =\ lol

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:57 PM

OMG!! you are mean Akhi :hiding:
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
N3'am it is possible my cats don't do that ONLY one cat does because he is scared of other people apart from that none of my other cats do that nor my kitten doesn't, you can get them trained by a professional vet
Ma'assalama

snakelegs
12-09-2006, 09:59 PM
omg my kittens pull on my curtains in my room....
When we're out and we come back home, theres like papers all over lol. Cushions on the sofa r misplaced =\ lol
hehehe.....it's probably all that energy they get from the halal meat!
actually, i wouldn't mind that so much. but jumping on the kitchen table and counter and my desk i don't like.

snakelegs
12-09-2006, 10:01 PM
N3'am it is possible my cats don't do that ONLY one cat does because he is scared of other people apart from that none of my other cats do that nor my kitten doesn't, you can get them trained by a professional vet
Ma'assalama
this is not an option. i don't have extra money. i was wondering how (or even if) i can train them myself not to jump up on these things.

Kittygyal
12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
this is not an option. i don't have extra money. i was wondering how (or even if) i can train them myself not to jump up on these things.
Assalmualikum,
you can get them trained by yourself take your cats in a big field or maybe in a par where there is a field && start practising you cat by laying some things on floor && put some cat food all the way to the end && tell it to go around it instead of jumping do something like that, do it daily inshallah
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-10-2006, 12:19 AM
hehehe.....it's probably all that energy they get from the halal meat!
actually, i wouldn't mind that so much. but jumping on the kitchen table and counter and my desk i don't like.
lol they've learned that too, climbing up onto the kitchen table..arghh lol. Lol but u cant get over they're cuteness:D

snakelegs
12-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Assalmualikum,
you can get them trained by yourself take your cats in a big field or maybe in a par where there is a field && start practising you cat by laying some things on floor && put some cat food all the way to the end && tell it to go around it instead of jumping do something like that, do it daily inshallah
Ma'assalama
thanks kittygyal, but this sounds like Major Work.
i think i will just have to make their visits indoors rare and brief. but first i'll try making a noise when one of them jumps up on something and see if it will scare him enough so that he won't do it again. (like maybe clap my hands loud or something).

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-10-2006, 05:08 AM
Lol, they get scared from noises, trust me. I've experimented that. I dont think you want to do it though. One of mine get scared easily now cuz of it. It's like torture. Or if u do it, just dont do it too much :)

Tania
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I found this recomandations:
  1. Since cats hate to be surprised, you can use waterbottles, clapping, hissing, and other sudden noises (such as snapping, "No!") to stop unwanted behavior. However, be aware that these tactics will not work when you are not present. In addition, immediacy is key: even seconds late may render it ineffective. You must do it as soon as the cat starts the behavior.
  2. The face-push has been described by various readers. This consists of pushing the palm of your hand into the cat's face. This is best used when discouraging something like biting. Don't hit the cat, simply push its face back gently. You might accompany it with a "no!"
  3. Making certain behaviors impossible is another tactic. Think "childproofing": keep food in containers; keep breakable and/or dangerous objects out of reach; make sure heavy objects, e.g. bookshelves, are stable. Look for childproofing gadgets and hints and think how you can apply them to preventing cat problems. Even when the analogy isn't perfect, physically preventing problems is still a good guide. E.g., defrosting meat? Put it in the (unheated) stove, not out on the counter.

I read also about a can in which you put some coins and shake it when the cats climb on the table. The noise will make them to run.Someone tried with orange and lemon peels and the cats can't stand their smell - but i found this information only in 1 site.

Another method would be to use the cookie sheets filled with water - but thats only if the cat would have free access in the house. For a small visit i don't think its the case.

Don't forget the cats like to climb but in the kitchen they might get tempted by the food. So hide the food from the table, don't leave there because they come to you exactly for food :)

Kittygyal
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
thanks kittygyal, but this sounds like Major Work.
i think i will just have to make their visits indoors rare and brief. but first i'll try making a noise when one of them jumps up on something and see if it will scare him enough so that he won't do it again. (like maybe clap my hands loud or something).
Ukthi you can research on internet, i have got many books on training cats && kittens, what i do is i started by blowing a wistle at them, it was much easy for me because i have got 2 puppies whom i tarined aswel so it was easy.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I found this recomandations:
  1. Since cats hate to be surprised, you can use waterbottles, clapping, hissing, and other sudden noises (such as snapping, "No!") to stop unwanted behavior. However, be aware that these tactics will not work when you are not present. In addition, immediacy is key: even seconds late may render it ineffective. You must do it as soon as the cat starts the behavior.
  2. The face-push has been described by various readers. This consists of pushing the palm of your hand into the cat's face. This is best used when discouraging something like biting. Don't hit the cat, simply push its face back gently. You might accompany it with a "no!"
  3. Making certain behaviors impossible is another tactic. Think "childproofing": keep food in containers; keep breakable and/or dangerous objects out of reach; make sure heavy objects, e.g. bookshelves, are stable. Look for childproofing gadgets and hints and think how you can apply them to preventing cat problems. Even when the analogy isn't perfect, physically preventing problems is still a good guide. E.g., defrosting meat? Put it in the (unheated) stove, not out on the counter.

I read also about a can in which you put some coins and shake it when the cats climb on the table. The noise will make them to run.Someone tried with orange and lemon peels and the cats can't stand their smell - but i found this information only in 1 site.

Another method would be to use the cookie sheets filled with water - but thats only if the cat would have free access in the house. For a small visit i don't think its the case.

Don't forget the cats like to climb but in the kitchen they might get tempted by the food. So hide the food from the table, don't leave there because they come to you exactly for food :)
Greetings Tania.
Yes, they normally go for food it's best to move the food right away from them cover the food with either some material or store in fridge, you should always take it easy at first with your pets be harsh to hem at first then slowy slowy they will understand && get trained, i noramlly give them a treat if they behave so they know now how to control their self's but at times it can become hectic. Making noises for cats/kittens is thy best thing mine have a wistle on there lead so when i blow my wistle to them they come staright away home.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Lol, they get scared from noises, trust me. I've experimented that. I dont think you want to do it though. One of mine get scared easily now cuz of it. It's like torture. Or if u do it, just dont do it too much :)
Assalmualikum Warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu,
well not really they don't scared of noises, it's best to do it when their kittens because it's hard doing it when they becaome cats. One of my cat is very sensitive therefore it's scared of people the rest go for people
Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-11-2006, 03:14 AM
I said that cuz mine do. Im tryin to train em still at the moment.

snakelegs
12-11-2006, 03:22 AM
tania,
thanks - that sounds like good advice. i hope i can break them of this habit because it would be nice to be able to have them come in and stay for awhile - esp when the weather is nasty.
and thanks kittygyal. will let you know if it works.

Tania
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
tania,
thanks - that sounds like good advice. i hope i can break them of this habit because it would be nice to be able to have them come in and stay for awhile - esp when the weather is nasty.
From the sites i understood its much better if the cat hear the noise but not from you. They should always avoid to sit on the table, not only when you are in the kitchen.Thats why recommend the cooking sheets filled with water, or the pot with coins.
I hope you will succedd to make a certain order in your catdom:) And they always are learning faster when they are rewarded:)

Kittygyal
12-11-2006, 08:28 PM
I said that cuz mine do. Im tryin to train em still at the moment.
Assalmualikum,
Inshallah, Ukthi just take it easy with them && also be abit harsh with them currently my nephew is training my kitten at times only on weekends :hiding:.
hope it goes all well for you inshallah
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
tania,
Assalamualikum,
no worries Ukthi just floow what advice sis Tanian give you alos do some research on internet inshallah. Let us know what whats thy score :)
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
From the sites i understood its much better if the cat hear the noise but not from you. They should always avoid to sit on the table, not only when you are in the kitchen.Thats why recommend the cooking sheets filled with water, or the pot with coins.
I hope you will succedd to make a certain order in your catdom:) And they always are learning faster when they are rewarded:)
Greetings upon you && your family :wub:
Yes,i agree with you the cats/kittens must not see your making the noises because then they will tend to play up && then not participate as good. Also no animals should sit on dinning tables whatso ever.
Ma'assalama

snakelegs
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
the entire catdom of my grandma , regardless of their gender were named Lorinc. :giggling:
;D ;D :giggling:
i have a colony of brazilian cockroaches (i bought them to feed other animals, but they didn't like them.)
they are collectively named madame blavatsky!

snakelegs
12-12-2006, 12:03 AM
kittygyal and tania,
thanks for your advice. will see how it goes. if they won't learn to be polite on their visits, they'll have to stay outside all the time.
they really are cute - even tho they're somewhat of a nuisance (getting in and out the door is quite a challenge with 3 cats all trying to barge in), they really are quite cute and have very distinct personalities - even all their voices sound different.
i hope they don't tell any more of their friends about this restaurant!

Pygoscelis
12-12-2006, 06:50 AM
My dog truly is my best friend.

starfortress
12-12-2006, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Is she wearing a blankett or something?

Pygoscelis
12-12-2006, 07:05 AM
He'd just had a bath and was wearing a towel. I like this picture because it looks somewhat cartoonish.

Nuseyba bintkab
12-12-2006, 10:40 AM
i love cats but my mum will not allow me to get oneimsad

Tania
12-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Until we live we can hope :giggling:

madame blavatsky i like their name but where are they living:? They are free or in some aqvarium:?

Tania
12-12-2006, 02:39 PM
He'd just had a bath and was wearing a towel. I like this picture because it looks somewhat cartoonish.
Its very cute and he looks exactly like the dog which played in the black and white comedies:)

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
kittygyal and tania,
thanks for your advice. will see how it goes. if they won't learn to be polite on their visits, they'll have to stay outside all the time.
they really are cute - even tho they're somewhat of a nuisance (getting in and out the door is quite a challenge with 3 cats all trying to barge in), they really are quite cute and have very distinct personalities - even all their voices sound different.
Assalmualikum.

whoa! :uuh:

how would you like being ouside :X NO COMMENT :X :hiding: imsad

okay you have 3 cats invited i have soo many invited i have got 5 cats of me own && 1 kitten plus 2 puppies && 1 parrot then on top of that more cats/kitties barge in but i like them coming because i LOVE all animals :wub:

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Assalmualikum,
aww he's cute mashallah, also he does look like cartoonish lool :p shukran for thy share
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuseyba bintkab
i love cats but my mum will not allow me to get oneimsad

Assalmualikum,
aww inshallah one day when you grow older gte married etc etc :X you can get a cat INSHALLAH, cats are like friends aswel
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Its very cute and he looks exactly like the dog which played in the black and white comedies:)
Greetings Tania && unto your family :wub:

yes, he kinda does ;D

take care,
jodie

Curious girl2
12-12-2006, 11:39 PM
He's arrived!

He is very small, stripey, with spots on his belly. He has the loudest meow I have ever heard and he is just 9 weeks old! He is currently curled up fast asleep on my knee as I type! I will try and take a picture tommorow and post it up here.

He still doesnt have a name yet though!

Peace CG

snakelegs
12-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Assalmualikum.

whoa! :uuh:

how would you like being ouside :X NO COMMENT :X :hiding: imsad

okay you have 3 cats invited i have soo many invited i have got 5 cats of me own && 1 kitten plus 2 puppies && 1 parrot then on top of that more cats/kitties barge in but i like them coming because i LOVE all animals :wub:

Ma'assalama
i didn't invite these 3 cats! they showed up and were hungry so i have been feeding them. i invite them in for visits but they can not live inside as i have all kinds of other critters all over the house in various cages and cages on top of cages and it could be one huge mess.
i love animals too, but have never had cats because usually i have a dog and i will probably get another one eventually. (my dog died several months ago).

Tania
12-13-2006, 04:02 PM
He's arrived!

He is very small, stripey, with spots on his belly. He has the loudest meow I have ever heard and he is just 9 weeks old! He is currently curled up fast asleep on my knee as I type! I will try and take a picture tommorow and post it up here.

He still doesnt have a name yet though!

Peace CG
Congratulation for the new family member :) His picture will inspire us to choose the perfect name for him.

starfortress
12-14-2006, 08:54 AM

Both of them are cute:uuh:

Milkey squirrel

I never saw this before :uuh: :uuh:I know Salamander,but this....

AHMED_GUREY
12-14-2006, 09:35 AM

eww:)

Tania
12-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't remember exactly where i heard the genetic mutations(like two heads, less fingers, 3 arms) which appears at animals, like at humans too are because of the radiations and pollution. The tortoises parents must live in some polluted pond imsad

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey Tania, i got the pics :D I have 3 kittens. i think the last 2 might be blurry =|

They're much bigger than this now. I think this was about a month ago lol.
The last one is so small, he's the runt out of the three lol. Looks skinny too wow. They're so healthy now, MashAllah. Thats how they were wen we got them. We thought the little one was sick :offended:

Pygoscelis
12-18-2006, 12:02 AM
I don't remember exactly where i heard the genetic mutations(like two heads, less fingers, 3 arms) which appears at animals, like at humans too are because of the radiations and pollution. The tortoises parents must live in some polluted pond imsad
As I understand it mutations occur naturally, absent any radiation, but radiation can cause further mutation. The vast majority of mutations are harmful and even lethal. But a few are beneficial. This is how evolution takes place (which you can see for yourself in bacteria cultures).

Pygoscelis
12-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Such cute kittens!

Just makes you wanna hug them don't they?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Such cute kittens!

Just makes you wanna hug them don't they?
of course!! too adorable :D i think mine r cuteeeeee :) lol

Tania
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
They are very very cute :) The first one looks so very distinguished. He sits with the same attitude like Kitty's cat.:) Its good to keep 3 kittens because they will have with whom to play.The last one have sooo big paws. :) The doc always says to give more attention to the smaller cat because during the meals the brothers could push him away from food.
Tayyaba you are so lucky.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Lol, they push each other away. They all take turns eating or eat at the same time. They're fine :) They dont sleep without each other either. So cute lol. Thanx Tania :D
Luv ma cats :p

starfortress
12-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Greatt,all of them look's so identical at first sight:pcute kitty's aswell.

Tania
12-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Greatt,all of them look's so identical at first sight:pcute kitty's aswell.
They are brothers:) but i said the same in the 1 second - the last two picture is the same kitten-after i looked closely i have noticed he has a smaller white spot on his forehead. I would sit the whole day to watch them in action.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-18-2006, 10:46 PM
;D glad u guys like em so much lol :)
soo cutee rite ? :)

Kittygyal
12-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Assalmualikum,
long time me not been in this thread, anywho mashallah cute kitties && also i need to deaprt now sowiee will get back inshallah
Ma'assalama

starfortress
12-21-2006, 08:38 PM

Weird Animal Facts these facts are very weird and shocking indeed:D
this is the facts that many of us never know about it.Here some of them...

Cows poop on average 16 times a day.:uuh:

The world's smallest dog -- the Teacup Chihuahua -- weighs less than a pound when fully grown.ermm... ok

Scientists have actually performed brain surgery on cockroaches.:uuh: :uuh:

There is a sea squirt (found in the seas near Japan) that digests its own brain. When the sea squirt is mature it permanently attaches itself to a rock. At this point it does not need to move anymore and has no need for a brain.:uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

A snail's reproductive organs are in its head.:muddlehea

Southern Indian drug addicts get high by having venomous snakes bite their tongues. This can give addicts a 16 hour high, but can be very deadly.:confused:

A species of earthworm, "Megascolides australis," in Australia can grow up to fifteen feet in length.:playing:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-21-2006, 08:44 PM
LOL! those r some crazy animal facts! Lol and u makin the faces, just kills me more looool.

Tania
12-21-2006, 08:45 PM
.Here some of them...
strange facts:rollseyes better to eat own's brain than someone else to eat it.I agree with the sea squirt. Regarding the chihuahua i never liked the small breed dogs, they look like some genetic failures.

Tania
12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
LOL! those r some crazy animal facts! Lol and u makin the faces, just kills me more looool.
:playing: - looks like we just discovered a new food :giggling:

starfortress
12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
im added those face so it becaome more dramatic.:D

starfortress
12-21-2006, 08:51 PM
strange facts:rollseyes better to eat own's brain than someone else to eat it.I agree with the sea squirt. Regarding the chihuahua i never liked the small breed dogs, they look like some genetic failures.
lol genetic failure:giggling:

better to eat own's brain than someone else to eat it
That's cool:thumbs_up

Tania
12-21-2006, 08:55 PM
lol genetic failure:giggling:
Can you call the chihuahua a dog:? What from their behaviour has to do with a normal dog :? they can't bark, they can't protect the house, can't play , can't do anything. They are like some fashion objects.

starfortress
12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Can you call the chihuahua a dog:? What from their behaviour has to do with a normal dog :? they can't bark, they can't protect the house, can't play , can't do anything. They are like some fashion objects.
Seriously,this is the first time i heard chihuahua dog,:hiding:i never knew b4 but i saw it when i was a kid,(i guess those species)because they chasing on me,one fact i must admit they are vere fierce.Is it true they can't bark? I just cannot stop from giggling when heard genetic failure words applied to them..lol

starfortress
12-21-2006, 09:16 PM
This breed requires expert veterinary attention in areas such as birthing and dental care. Chihuahuas are also prone to some genetic anomalies, often neurological ones, such as epilepsy and seizure disorders.

Chihuahuas, and other toy breeds, are also prone to the sometimes painful condition known as patella luxation and collapsing trachea.

Another genetic abnormality in Chihuahuas and toy breeds is hydrocephalus, or water on the brain. This condition surfaces in young puppies and often results in the death of a puppy by the time that it reaches six months of age
After i reads this,truly the Chihuahua dog are indeeds a genetic failure results,even it is uneasy to type their breeds name:heated:

snakelegs
12-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Until we live we can hope :giggling:

madame blavatsky i like their name but where are they living:? They are free or in some aqvarium:?
madam blavatsky lives in an aquarium in the bathroom. (i have a frog in there too). this makes the bathroom a lot more interesting.
she is little trouble, tho i do need to thin her out periodically, so she doesn't get too crowded because she is ignorant of the evils of fornication. ;D

snakelegs
12-21-2006, 11:13 PM
"Octopuses can unscrew jar lids."
now this is useful info!!! will have to remember that next time i do battle with the pickle jar.
that same site has a page on weird useless or interesting facts.
http://www.geocities.com/beckygretz19/weird_facts.html
not sure if their facts are very factual, but they're fun reading anyway.
all the things you can learn on an islamic forum! ;D ;D

Tania
12-22-2006, 03:45 PM
From the site:
Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the death of their cats. - what a sign of respect

The elephant is the only animal with four knees.

Tania
12-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Cats maintenance :)
Part 1 Grooming the cat

Grooming ensure the minimum hygene required by the feline friend. Regular brushing results in many positive health benefits including:

1. removes dead hair and skin,
  2. stimulates growth of new hair and blood circulation,
  3. makes the coat glossy and clean,
  4. prevents and removes mats,
  5. reduces hairballs forming inside the cat and the subsequent vomiting. Hairballs can become serious heath issues if they become impacted in the intestine.
STEPS
  1. For the first grooming session, use a soft-bristled brush. Call your cat in a cheery tone and reward him with a small treat. Start at the tip of the fur and gently work deeper into his coat to prevent the brush from getting trapped in tangles or clumps.
  2. At certain times of the year when cats are shedding more, add extra brushing time into the grooming schedule.
  3. Always brush in the direction of your cat’s coat. Going against the grain can irritate her skin and make her want to flee the scene when she sees you pulling out the grooming supplies.
  4. To make cleanup easy, slip a piece of old pantyhose over the head of a brush before grooming. The bristles will poke through, an all you have to do is pull up on the pantyhose to discard the hair.
  5. Keep brushes in various places in your house. That way, your cat can be treated to a spur-of-the-moment grooming without your having to hunt for a brush.
  6. Brush or comb your cat during a quiet time in the house. This should be a relaxing experience.
  7. Use two-sided tape to attach plastic self-grooming combs along the lower corner of wall. These products permit your pet to rub against the plastic bristles and get a grooming any time she desires.
  8. Some cats will not tolerate certain areas of their body to be brushed, for example the belly, head or base of tail. You will find out quick enough which are the "no go zones".
  9. Choose the right brush.
    Cats with a very close coat such as Burmese, Siamese, cornish rex and ocicats benefit from a “Grooming Glove.” This is a glove equipped with fine rubberized nubs over the palm. Other tools that work well with close-coated breeds are a soft chamois rubbed gently over the coat, and a soft rubber brush like “Zoom Groom Soft Bristles.”

One of the best brushes to remove hair from medium-coated cats like American shorthairs, Scottish folds, and British shorthairs is a round boar's hair bristle brush. This brush can get to the dead hair without irritating the cat's skin.

For longhaired cats, a comb is a must-have tool. The best type of comb is a “Greyhound Style Comb,” which is hand-polished steel. “Peak” combs are comparable to the Belgian-made greyhound combs. The best size to have is a 7 1/2-inch long comb with 1 1/8-inch teeth. Half of the comb should be coarse and half should have fine teeth. Pin brushes are also good as grooming tools as they separate the hair, are gentle on sensitive skin and remove snarls.

A handled flea comb works well to groom the face of a cat no matter what the length of the coat.

Source
Source
Source
Remember: Correctly made the grooming can ensure a good time to your pet :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-25-2006, 06:32 PM
see thats why mom cleans them, so they lick less which equals no or less hairballs :D

Tania
12-25-2006, 06:54 PM
see thats why mom cleans them, so they lick less which equals no or less hairballs :D
You could try too. Only now they have the first groomings sessions, so its better to get use with you. :)

Kittygyal
12-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Assalmualikum warhmathullahi Warbarakathuhu

good info there Tania && oh sweet kitties mashallah && Tayaba nice kitties you have mashallah

Ma'assalama

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-25-2006, 07:11 PM
yea they r getting used to it, jus bought a brush for them :)

Curious girl2
12-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Attachment 2764

Hope I have done this right, there should be a photo of Jack, the latest addition to our family!

Peace CG

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-26-2006, 10:58 PM
awww omg! hes so cute! i luv cats wit that color. aww MashAllah :)

Tania
12-27-2006, 05:52 AM
He is cute and i like his head :) He has lot of potential

Curious girl2
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
He is cute and i like his head :) He has lot of potential
He has a lot of potential for being a bit of a scamp LOL! So far he has climbed to the top of my curtains, stolen lots of my daughters hair bobbles, climbed the wallpaper and as for when he uses the litter tray.......................... you wouldnt beleive something so small could make so much mess!

But non of that matters really as we've all fallen head over heels with him!

Peace CG

Tania
12-28-2006, 06:13 AM
He has a lot of potential for being a bit of a scamp LOL! So far he has climbed to the top of my curtains, stolen lots of my daughters hair bobbles, climbed the wallpaper and as for when he uses the litter tray.......................... you wouldnt beleive something so small could make so much mess!

But non of that matters really as we've all fallen head over heels with him!

Peace CG
Please don't accuse Jack to make mess. He doesn't like your order :giggling: Thats the only problem. I wonder if Max doesn't help him to keep the cat order or he is too old for his small partner in mistchiefs

Curious girl2
12-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Please don't accuse Jack to make mess. He doesn't like your order :giggling: Thats the only problem. I wonder if Max doesn't help him to keep the cat order or he is too old for his small partner in mistchiefs
Well Max is only a year old himself. He's been rather laid back of late but since Jack arrived he has been much more playfull again. The pair of them charge round the house like a whirlwind! They are really getting on well. Occasionally Max gets a bit fed up with being stalked by the little one and he will give him a gentle swipe, very gentle actually, Max is a very gentle cat.

Peace CG

Tania
12-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Occasionally Max gets a bit fed up with being stalked by the little one and he will give him a gentle swipe, very gentle actually, Max is a very gentle cat.

Peace CG
Its great they can play. Wait until Jack will discover Max tail or something to chew or scratch on him. The fact he is gentle will give a little nose to Jack. It was a good decision to keep at least two cats. They will can do much more than alone. :thumbs_up

muslimah4life
12-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Salaam
Its called Coco

Tania
12-28-2006, 03:20 PM
She is gorgeous :) Could you add a picture of her in the animal thread too, please. I wish to have her there too.
Here it is the link

Kittygyal
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
OMG!!!!!!! guchy guchy guchy guchy gucyh!!! omg! meowwwwwwww she is ever so cute my kittne looks abit like that OMG!
ma'assalama

muslimah4life
12-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Salaam sister kitty
How r u keeping? :)
Tania of course i will put it in the animal thread and theres more kitties to come. :)

Re.TiReD
12-28-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
ohhhhh beautiful!!! I held a kitty once but dropped it coz I were scared i myt break its li'l bones!! :-[

Kittygyal
12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
ohhhhh beautiful!!! I held a kitty once but dropped it coz I were scared i myt break its li'l bones!! :-[
i hope you never shuved a knife in that cat like you was doing to me :omg: :p
&& hope you wasn't dreaming when you hold that kitty :X
Ma'assalama

Curious girl2
12-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Its great they can play. Wait until Jack will discover Max tail or something to chew or scratch on him. The fact he is gentle will give a little nose to Jack. It was a good decision to keep at least two cats. They will can do much more than alone. :thumbs_up
He has already found Max's tail! Max teases him with it, he will sit on a chair with his tail dangling down while Jack is underneath trying to bat it, then Max will jump down and swipe jack.

Its really funny to watch.

Peace CG

Tania
12-28-2006, 04:06 PM
He has already found Max's tail! Max teases him with it, he will sit on a chair with his tail dangling down while Jack is underneath trying to bat it, then Max will jump down and swipe jack.

Its really funny to watch.

Peace CG
I thought at that. The kittens are always attracted by other cats. They are like big toys for them. and protectors too.When something is not going quite well , they always hide behind the older cat, its like he says: i did nothing, do something to protect me.:)

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-29-2006, 02:17 PM

Please keep on topic. :)

Re.TiReD
12-29-2006, 02:19 PM
:-[ sorry ^^

ok...well my mum had a kitten when she was likkle...but it ran away one day :cry:

and last year my bro found one in a broken down home...he bought it to our house but ma dads allergic so.....:cry: hehe

muslimah4life
12-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Salaam
Heres another

Tania
Dreamer what happened with the cat:? Could you keep it:?

Muslimah4life could i add the pics to the animal thread :) Are soo cute, two fluffy heads.

Re.TiReD
it's gorjuzzzzzz!! awww! :)

muslimah4life
12-29-2006, 02:40 PM

muslimah4life
12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Tania ofcourse you can use them Iwill post more :).

Re.TiReD
12-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Dreamer what happened with the cat:? Could you keep it:?

no :cry: coz ma dads allergic! :cry: but it was abandoned! I felt sooo sorry for the little bundle o' fluff!

Tania
12-29-2006, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
Tania ofcourse you can use them Iwill post more :).
ohh thank you:)
Dreamer keep thinking she has a good life:) Are certain products to dminish the allergy, i will post them at the cat maintenance series:) May be next time

Re.TiReD
12-29-2006, 02:49 PM
ok THANKS! :)

muslimah4life
12-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Its called zigzag

Re.TiReD
12-29-2006, 02:57 PM
:sl: are they yours?

mu teacher used to have two cats...lilly and clover :)

muslimah4life
12-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Salaam

No they are not my cats they are from the internet, im terrified of cats, dogs ,animals, and i have a horrible phobia of spiders. I scream when I see a fly!!! im just a big baby. Saying all that, i love animals especially Tigers.

Re.TiReD
12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
AWWWW1 lol I thought you must luv cats coz you keep postin em! hehe I love tigers too....actually tigresses! hehe :giggling: :okay:

Pyro
12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
This is my cat, his name is shneebly.
This is when he was a kitten
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/3...434fcd.jpg?v=0

This is him all grown up
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/3...3067c356_m.jpg

Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 06:20 PM

Mariah lol all that time i was thinking there your cats grr lol, anywho they are cute mashallah

am a cat luver here :coolious:

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-29-2006, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pyro
This is my cat, his name is shneebly.
This is when he was a kitten
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/3...434fcd.jpg?v=0

This is him all grown up
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/3...3067c356_m.jpg

OMG guchy guchy when he was a kitten he looks sexiiiiii :coolious: mashallah

&& hey 4 of my cats are fluffy like at mashallah :)

thanks for sharing dude

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.