/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Guidance Desperatly

mahdisoldier19
08-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Assalama Alakam to all brothers and sisters and Inshallah you are all on the righteous path of Islam,

It started Last December i was kicked out of my gung fu school because another student claimed i made him depressed, What happen was i use to be involved in magick and such supernatural and in doing so made myself very negative, i would think about rape and murder constantly. But my gung fu teacher would help me out and cleaned me up spirituality. So it happened over a year time then last december my best friend who i brought into kung fu told my instructor that i made him depressed because of what i use to do. In doing so i was kicked out, what that sifu never realized was that my best friend had allways been depressed he just had me as an excuse and such. So my sifu told me there is no way ii can heal or fix myself, (sorry brothers he said nothing can heal you no matter what, And i said I think if i put faith in Allah i will heal myself, srry came out kinda wrong) . My sifu (Instructor) is Jewish haha wat a irony since hes russian and im afghan. But anyway since december i have tracked as much more islam as i could, ive learned from Imam Siraj Wahhaj and others and daily going ot mosque, But i still dont feel 100 percent ok , all i ask is if any of you can give me a dua or something that will help clear up as soon as possible, Currently im doing very good but i want to make sure i never get those scary thoughts that almost drove me to suicide, but strangly when i tried to attempt it, i couldnt do it it was like somthing in my mind telling me stop dont do it, and whenver i would start to have moments of thinking of the past of what happened in the kung fu school it would scare me, then i would just be reciting quran. So much quran like never before in my life and i would kinda get better. Please inshallah one of you brothers and sisters can put me on a better right path, i try to make my prayers and do as much as i can

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
08-22-2005, 07:49 PM
asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

ameen to your dua' bro.

bro there loadz of dua's u can read below but remember to keep readin the Qur'an and all the 5prayers of salah. try to study Islam more to get a greater understanding of it, so all the problems you have or the things you don't understand about islam can be answered. the more u understand the more closer you will get insh Allah. we will all pray for you too insh Allah...

deleted

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

kadafi
08-22-2005, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib
asalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

ameen to your dua' bro.

bro there loadz of dua's u can read below but remember to keep readin the Qur'an and all the 5prayers of salah. try to study Islam more to get a greater understanding of it, so all the problems you have or the things you don't understand about islam can be answered. the more u understand the more closer you will get insh Allah. we will all pray for you too insh Allah...
:sl: brother,

What you have cited is not allowed in Islaam and is bid'ah. Given the fact that is mentioned on a shia website, I would not be suprised.

Such dhikr is not prescribed in the Shariah and by merely reciting them in certain combinations is not a form of worship.

So I will delete the content.

:w:

TEH
08-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Could you at least tell us what it was he said that was deleted, so that we ourselves can be aware of it in the future???

On another note, why dont you get yourself cupped:

Bukhari

Volume 7, Book 71, Number 585:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "Healing is in three things: cupping, a gulp of honey or cauterization, (branding with fire) but I forbid my followers to use cauterization (branding with fire)."

Look here for more info:

http://www.fatwa.org.za/cupping.htm

Dont do it yourself, go to someone, or ask around, and find someone who does it and get them to do it for you...

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zuko
08-22-2005, 08:55 PM
:sl:

I asked a sheikh about saying Allah's name like that and he said it was haraam, although I could be wrong... But to help the brother out I say that first, never lose hope in Allah because he is always there, continue to make your prayers and make alot of nafl prayers too, because that helps increase your emaan... Here's a couple of du'a that I found, hope it helps:

REPENTANCE:

Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-u ilayhaa abada.
Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again).

DUA FOR ANXIETY

Allahumma inni a'oodhoo bika O Allah! I seek refuge in You from anxiety
minal-hammi walhuzni, wal-'ajzi and sorrow, weakness and laziness,
wal-kasali wal-bukhli wal-jubni, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of
wa dal'id-dayni wa ghalabatir- debts and from being oppressed by men.
rajaal

DUA FOR DISTRESS

Allahumma rahmataka arjoo falaa O Allah! It is Your mercy that I hope for
takilnee ilaa nafsee tarfata so do not leave me in charge of my affairs
'aynin wa aslih-lee sha'nee even for a blink of an eye and rectify
kullahu, laa ilaha illa anta for me all of my affairs. None has the
right to be worshipped except You.

When Beginning any Work:

Say: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem

Ok... I'm trying to look for more, but I can't find a good site right now... But insha'allah if I find any more... I'll be sure to post them.....

TEH
08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Saying Allah's name like what???

And erm, there is a big mistake in your post, can you see it???

Zuko
08-22-2005, 09:45 PM
:omg: :-[ :omg: :-[ :omg: :-[

Whoa dude... I didn't even see that.... I am sooooooooo sorry, I swear... shoulda checked it before postin it.....

kadafi
08-24-2005, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Could you at least tell us what it was he said that was deleted, so that we ourselves can be aware of it in the future???
They were innovated duas in recitin' Allaah's names in certain combinations, such as recitin' 'Ya Ahad' x times will opens certain secrets.

If it is not prescribed in the Shariah, it's bid'ah

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Assalam Alaikum Br.Kadafi, Someone just gave me a book and it contained the 99 names of Allah and the benefit of reading each name a number of times. Now you said it's bi'dah but is there any proof that you can provide so that I can convince the person who gave me the book?

Genius
08-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Are any of these stories true? What's with all the wierdness?

TEH
08-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Why should he prove something that he says doesnt exist? :D

You tell your friend to prove, with Hadeeth and Quraan that it does exist...

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I gotta show her something that says its bi'dah or else she won't believe me. If I were to ask her to prove it, this is exactly what she would say "The book is by a well-known moulana from pakistan. Are you saying he just came up with this?"

mahdisoldier19
08-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Just curious what kind of proof ?

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 08:49 PM

I found a ruling: http://63.175.194.25/index.php?<br /...&QR=3927&dgn=4

TEH
08-25-2005, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*
I gotta show her something that says its bi'dah or else she won't believe me. If I were to ask her to prove it, this is exactly what she would say "The book is by a well-known moulana from pakistan. Are you saying he just came up with this?"
And you say, yes he did...

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Yupp, I'll do that

bronumba1
08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet_sorrow

I asked a sheikh about saying Allah's name like that and he said it was haraam,
r u sure your feeling ok how can saying Allah's name be haram, whoever said it then tell them not to pray, or do any ibadat, or praise Allah (Swt), sheeeeeeeeeeh! for goodness sake dont be to ghulable in believing evrything, i mean if a non believer said this it would be to some extent ok, as he does not believe in Allah (swt)

*!~Faith~!*
08-25-2005, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bronumba1
r u sure your feeling ok how can saying Allah's name be haram, whoever said it then tell them not to pray, or do any ibadat, or praise Allah (Swt), sheeeeeeeeeeh! for goodness sake dont be to ghulable in believing evrything, i mean if a non believer said this it would be to some extent ok, as he does not believe in Allah (swt)
She meant saying it a number of times and believing that it does such and such. And there isn't any proof this.

kadafi
08-26-2005, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *!~Faith~!*
:sl: bro,

A more detailed answer is at the following link:
Specifying a number of times to recite dhikr or du’aa’ that is not narrated in sharee’ah

Question:
What are the basis of using such du'a as Ya lADIFU 29 TIMES Ya Qahharu 306 times, Hasbunallahu wa ni'imal wakeel 450 times e.t.c,how right or how wrong is it to use them because i didn't find any verse of the Qur'an or Hadith that supports their use.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no sound (saheeh) basis for reciting these adhkaar the number of times mentioned in the question. These numbers are usually stated by some of the innovators, most of whom are Sufis, who describe adhkaar and the number of times they are to be repeated, making that up themselves; they say whoever recites such and such will get such and such benefits and protection, and whoever recites such and such a wird will get such and such a reward.

Of course, these are matters which can only be known through wahy (revelation). So the basic principle in this case is that dhikr and du’aa’s are of two types:

1 – Adhkaar which were narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, to be recited at a certain time, in a certain place or in certain circumstances. This type should be recited as prescribed, at the appropriate time, or in the appropriate circumstances or place, with the correct words or posture, without adding anything or taking anything away.

2 – All dhikr or du’aa’ in general that is not connected to certain times or places. These fall into two categories:

(i) Those which were narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so they should be recited in the wording that he used. They should not be connected to any particular time or place, and they should not be connected to a specific number of times to be recited.

(ii) Those which were not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), rather the person makes them up himself, or they were narrated from the salaf. It is permissible to say such words so long as five conditions are met:

1- He should choose the best and clearest words, for he is conversing with his Lord and God.

2- The words should be of an appropriate style.

3- The du’aa’ should be free of anything that is forbidden in Islam, e.g. it should involve any element of seeking help from anything other than Allaah, and so on.

4- It should be of the general kind of dhikr and du’aa’, not connected to a particular time, place or circumstances.

5- It should not be taken as a regular practice.

Adapted from Tasheeh al-Du’aa’ by Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd (p. 42)

Based on the above, the words mentioned in the question are phrases that are narrated in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, but saying that they must be repeated this number of times is an innovated matter which should not be followed. Rather we should mention them during our du’aa’s and address Allaah by all His beautiful names, without singling out some names or stating that they should be recited a certain number of times or at certain times, making that up ourselves. We should adhere to what was narrated in sharee’ah concerning certain times, places or situations connected to a particular du’aa’; if no such details were narrated in sharee’ah then we should not make them up ourselves because that is encroaching upon the rights of Prophethood.

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

*!~Faith~!*
08-26-2005, 01:00 PM
Jazakallah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.