/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my friend left Islam

michaelconvert
07-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Assalaamu alaykum wa ramahtullah everyone
My friend who converted to Islam juat a little before i did has left Islam. If it wernt for him i would have probably never found this deen and it makes me very sad that he would do this. We use to go to Majid ever Friday night (couldn’t go to Jummah cause we were at school). But then he just stopped coming. I kept invited him but he wanted nothing to do with it. Then i read on his facebook page a who lotta sikh stuff which was his religion before. He never really said much about it but its clear he left Islam. He asked me at a yearbook signing party if i had told the brothers at the Masjid about him.......and i said no. So i assume that’s what he was speaking of. I have read in the Qur'an what happens to those who believe and then disbelieve......should i like totally avoid him now. Like im not going to like hang out with him......but like even comment on his facebook and stuff? Its really sad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.:Umniyah:.
07-02-2007, 04:30 AM
:salamext:

May Allah guide him Ameen.

But i want you to be careful and sure of what you say before you say it.

The Prophet sallallahu alahi wa salaam said " If one of you should call somoene a kafir or munaafiq (hypocrite) and he not be so, then this shall come back to you ( meaning you will be what you said about them)"

Just a reminder, because you say you read something , but you never said that he actually said out of his mouth that he isnt Muslim. Prehaps hes going through a hard time and falling off a little but still Muslim, Allahu 3lim.

Allah said " ...and you will not find the believer taking the unbeliever as friends, be it his father or his son or his brother or his friend..."

But this doesnt mean that you can not advise him and try to help him. It just means that you are not to like be buddy-buddy with him and hanging out and all that, its not befitting that the Muslim takes the unbeliever as company like this, but without doubt, call him back to this deen inshaaAllah in whatever way you can.

May Allah reward you and guide him Ameen.

Yanal
07-02-2007, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .:Umniyah:.
:salamext:

May Allah guide him Ameen.

But i want you to be careful and sure of what you say before you say it.

The Prophet sallallahu alahi wa salaam said " If one of you should call somoene a kafir or munaafiq (hypocrite) and he not be so, then this shall come back to you ( meaning you will be what you said about them)"

Just a reminder, because you say you read something , but you never said that he actually said out of his mouth that he isnt Muslim. Prehaps hes going through a hard time and falling off a little but still Muslim, Allahu 3lim.

Allah said " ...and you will not find the believer taking the unbeliever as friends, be it his father or his son or his brother or his friend..."

But this doesnt mean that you can not advise him and try to help him. It just means that you are not to like be buddy-buddy with him and hanging out and all that, its not befitting that the Muslim takes the unbeliever as company like this, but without doubt, call him back to this deen inshaaAllah in whatever way you can.

May Allah reward you and guide him Ameen.
AMEEN

sevgi
07-02-2007, 04:37 AM
i think he jst needs support at the moment...it will take long bt i advise u to jst be his friend.

spend time with him like a normal person and dnt rub it in his face wen u need to go nd pray nd stuff...he duznt need a preecher.wait for him to open up to u...wen u feel the time is rite and he is willing to recount and review his beliefs...step in mildly....

oh brother...dua dua dua!!!

may Allah reward ur internal suffering for ur frend and guide ur frend.

salams.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohammed Bilal
07-02-2007, 02:55 PM
good advice

m102313
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
:sl:

This is a weird case because usually people who convert to Islam find peace and Harmony.

Bittersteel
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
maybe he didn't know Islam well enough.Just converted for some other reason,marriage maybe?

swanlake
07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Salaam Brother

Whilst the new muslims find peace and tranquility, it is alo when satan is mostly hard at work, trying to devaite you from the true path. The only weapon against this is knowledge. Read, understand, memorsie, spend time with pious brothers, attend masjids. So brother we ourselves arent safe from satan's work, so we have to protect ourselves.

About your friend, continue to be his friend, and he needs any help, hust be there for him but dont let him influence you. Study Islam and when he is ready to ask questions, be there for him.

michaelconvert
07-05-2007, 04:40 AM
well........... I dont think he really cared about the religion as much as the religions status in the world. Like maybe he just converted to be different but i dont know for sure this is with Allah.

Ummkeenah
07-05-2007, 04:51 AM
may allah guide him back to islam

north_malaysian
07-05-2007, 04:54 AM
How about if you ask the mosque-goers to give a courtesy call/visit on him?

جوري
07-05-2007, 05:14 AM
^^^ I don't know that this is a really good idea... this is and Allah knows best one of the signs of judgement day
one person sleeps a believer and wakes up a kaffir, someone awakes a kaffir and sleeps a believer, I'll try to find the hadith...
our hearts can be changed in an instant, let's not take that for granted.
I think it is Mikeconvert who needs support now not his friend...
I am sorry to hear about this, but sometimes our paths cross with others for a time and then we grow apart you have to wonder why this painful experience? What am I meant to learn from this, when you are 15-16 it seems the end of the world... I once had a best friend my childhood friend, she was/is Russian, and was Muslim, her biological father is Muslim but he left her mother for whatever reasons, the woman married one man after the next, she became xtian, then Jewish, then a devil worshipper and into pagan witchcraft, everything.. I used to do all that is in my power to make her come back to her birth right by virtue of her father, I used to write speeches/lectures to give in an Islamic center it was a competetion between young Muslims, I used to share with her my work, I read a portion and she the rest, she used to love it, as I later learned from the monetary prized they gave us... it really hurt me-- but there was nothing I can do... and I discovered that if I could do something, then why couldn't Abaraham PBUH help his father and Noah PBUH help his son? you see, guidence isn't willed and given to those whom we love but those who seek it.
:w:

Bittersteel
07-05-2007, 05:23 AM
better leave him alone.Visiting and bothering may make him hate the religion and prove to be counterproductive.

north_malaysian
07-05-2007, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
better leave him alone.Visiting and bothering may make him hate the religion and prove to be counterproductive.
it's not a visit that preaching to him about Islam.... it just a visit saying how are you... giving cakes or fruits.... or aski him to play soccer together....

AvarAllahNoor
07-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Well you say he was a Sikh, then if he's actually done some reading up on Sikhi, he'll find it's the best path to follow. All the best to you though mate! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2007, 12:43 PM
audhubillah may Allah protect us from hell :'(

just today i was hearing maulana sulaiman talk about those who take their friends above their islam and this leads them to hav such regret that they bite on their hands and d-a-m-n (sry its necessary to say this) their friends.

the story was about a man during the time of the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam who had declared islam to be polite at a dinner party, later on this mans friend came up to him and made him spit on this face. Now a hadith states that every man who has ever anounced the kalimah will be taken out of jannah due to their belief in the one-ness of Allah. Now imagine this kaafir who declared the kalimah and then later left it, imagine his regret on the day of judgement when the kufaar tell jahannams muslims "what has your faith availed you" and then Allah will say "take out those who have uttered laa ilaaha illallah" and when these munafiqs and kafirs see these muslims taken out, imagine they will think "BUT I UTTERED THE KALIMAh, I UTTERED IT, BUT MY FRIEND MADE ME LEAVE IT"

IMAGINE THE REGRET.... may Allah save us from it.. Ameen

Woodrow
07-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Quite often young people face a very strong "crisis of Faith" they have no idea what they believe and they are constantly seeing new evidence that suggests there is a better path.

It is not unusual for young people to change religions faster than they change socks. The important thing is your friend did receive the truth and now it is up to him to decide what path he will follow.

Us humans go through a very strange faze when we approach young adulthood, we suddenly become aware of sensations and concepts that go beyond our learning and reach a point where we discover we can formulate our own ideas. It can be a little scary for many people. We discover that we have concepts that we see as being very plausable and very abstract, it is a period of metaphysical thinking during which our thoughts go beyond our immediate surroundings and we become overwhelmed with thoughts about:

The existence of God(swt)
The concept of time and eternity
Life on other planets
Time travel
The formation of truth
The development of civilizations
Pre-Adamites
Religion
The supernatural

Our views and opinions become very strong in those areas we feel that the world is a victim of a conspiracy by some mysterious force. Our vocabulary becomes filled with words about "Them" "The Powers" "Insignificance" "Immortality" "Super Intelligence" "The Beyond" etc.

Suddenly we feel we are the only person who understands some things. We become self acknowledged geniuses in some areas and can not understand why other people do not see the obvious.

It is a difficult time, and changing religions is often a result of this trial. Our best help for people experiencing this particular time is to treat them with kindness, do not allow yourself to become overly impressed with their new found views, pray for them that this trial will be short and above all learn more about our own beliefs and back up what we believe with knowledge.

Rafeeq
07-13-2007, 06:07 PM
may Allah Subhanahu Taala show him the right path and lead him to the heaven back. AMEEN

Haidar_Abbas
07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Bismillah. Asalaamu Alaikoum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu muminoon. May Allah(SWT) guide him back to Islam and keep us muslims on the right path aameen.
Asalaamu Alaikoum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.