07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
maasha'Allaah...

looks different to how i pictured it lolz...thanks, looks humble innit

For sisters they've gotta have a mahrem in makkah innit :/ *sigh* alhamdulilaah

siFilam
07-03-2007, 05:36 PM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

Humble is good; too much extravagance will become distractions. Is there place for sister in the university?

wasalam
-SI-

Intisar
07-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Salaams sister,

Jazakallah Khayran sis. Where is this located?

W/Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
siFilam
07-03-2007, 05:55 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Salaams sister,

Jazakallah Khayran sis. Where is this located?

W/Salaam
Saudi Arabia.

wasalam
-SI-

umm-sulaim
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

Humble is good; too much extravagance will become distractions. Is there place for sister in the university?

wasalam
-SI-
agreed humble is better...yh there is a place for sisters at ummul quraa alhamdulilaah the same conditions of application is required from sisters, with the addition of havin a mahrem present in makkah

siFilam
07-03-2007, 06:25 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
agreed humble is better...yh there is a place for sisters at ummul quraa alhamdulilaah the same conditions of application is required from sisters, with the addition of havin a mahrem present in makkah
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
there goes my chance...I don't have any mahrem present in Makkah.
Make Du'a for me sisters that Allah makes a way for me.

wasalam
-SI-

umm-sulaim
07-03-2007, 07:17 PM
sis ur mahrem can go with u n be there at makkah...u still have a chance bi idhnillaah :D

ummAbdillah
07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
MashaAllah! InshaAllah i'll study there one day...
After i go Dammaj ofcourse... It looks really nice!
Jazakallah khyar for sharing sisy :w:

siFilam
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
sis ur mahrem can go with u n be there at makkah...u still have a chance bi idhnillaah :D
do they have to live in Makkah while I am there at the uni?

wasalam
-SI-

umm-sulaim
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
From the sounds of things, i think they do...but i want to ask more about this as well inshaa'Allaah

^..sTr!vEr..^
07-03-2007, 07:59 PM
mashAllah !!

Far7an
07-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

Wow, mashaa'Allaah. I didn't picture the university to be like that at all. It's beautiful mashaa'Allah. Very simple, I like.

Jazaakillahu khayran for sharing.

Humble is good; too much extravagance will become distractions.
Very true

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
SubhanAllah...I'm so going there insha'Allah :shade:.
Really? Have you applied or intending to apply later on inshaa'Allah?

Al-Hanbali
07-03-2007, 08:28 PM

do they have to live in Makkah while I am there at the uni?

wasalam
-SI-
"...female applicants must present proof of a male family member currently living in Makkah, if they are not applying along with their spouse or brother."

Jazak'Allah khair for the pics.

umm-sulaim
07-04-2007, 10:21 AM
jazaaka Allaah khayr for that ^ supposin you applied with ur bro/spouse n u got in does that mean ur bro/spouse automatically gets in too cos his ur mahrem?

wassalaamu alaykum

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-04-2007, 01:05 PM

Here are the details for Umm al Quraa.:)

In the Name of Allaah, the All-Merciful, the Ever-Merciful...

OVERVIEW UPDATED 1425-8-11

Located in the most virtuous of cities, Umm al-Qura University in Makkah offers a chance for non-Arabic speakers, male or female, to learn Arabic within a two-year intensive program. Upon completing the initial studies in the Arabic Language Institute with excellent grades (80% average or higher), the student earns the opportunity to take an entrance exam apply to study in one of the colleges of Umm Al-Qura University. If students do not qualify, the 'Arabic Institute provides a chance for them to broaden their studies in 'Arabic, specializing in teaching 'Arabic with a two-year and four-year program.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION UPDATED 1425-8-11

To be considered for admission at Umm al-Qura University, applicants should be 25 years old or younger with a high school diploma and generally good grades (80% or higher). Their application must include photographs, copies of passport, birth and health certificates, high school transcripts and a copy of the diploma, all verified by the Saudi Embassy of their country. Also - letters of recommendation from known Islamic organizations or personalities, a 75-word essay about their goals for studying Arabic, and female applicants must present proof of a male family member currently living in Makkah, if they are not applying along with their spouse or brother.

New Condition: All applicants to Umm al-Qura University's Arabic Program must first be approved by their own country's "Ministry of Education". Enquiries about this should be directed to the Saudi Embassy of the applicant's country. Applications are no longer being accepted at the university itself in Makkah. All applicants must apply through the Saudi Embassy in their country. Additionally, further conditions may apply as stipulated by the Saudi Embassy in the applicant's country. So for the most accurate and up-to-date information about what is required for one's application, applicants should contact the nearest Saudi Embassy in their country.

UPDATE: It seems most applicants from many countries are being exempted from this, at least for the submission of the application. Applications are being submitted once again at the university for all countries. [1427-01-02]

ESTIMATED COSTS AND LIVING EXPENSES

Tuition is free. The school provides the students with a monthly salary of SR 840 (about $225), a round-trip plane ticket yearly, discounted meals, and free housing (for single students only). A single student should bring at least $500 initially to cover expenses until the salary starts to come (it takes a few months usually). After that, the monthly salary is sufficient for single students living in the dormitory. Married students who have children should bring much more money initially and expect their living expenses to be $6,000 to $12,000 yearly, depending on their standard of living, number of children, etc.

TIPS FROM FORMER OR CURRENT STUDENTS

"The school reviews applications in the winter between semesters. Usually the selected students would begin their studies in the Spring semester of the following year. They usually can only accept two or three new American and British students each year, so don't depend greatly on being accepted. What I mean is - Submit your application and continue on with your life."

APPLICATION UPDATED 1425-8-11

We now have an application to Umm Al-Qura right here on bakkah.net! You may print it, fill it out, and get in touch with the Saudi Embassy of your country to make sure you have all the requirements needed.

CONTACT INFORMATION

You can try to e-mail, phone, or fax them, but be patient:

Phone / fax: (011 from U.S.) 966 2 556 2525

E-mail: arabic@uqu.edu.sa

Or you may contact a student currently enrolled at the university, using one of the following emails:

Regarding the Arabic Language Institute:

MEN: UQU-arabic@bakkah.net
WOMEN: UQU-arabic-women@bakkah.net

Regarding the Islamic colleges (BA level):

MEN: UQU@bakkah.net
WOMEN: UQU-women@bakkah.net

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Bakkah.net provides information about studying at Umm al-Qura and other universities, however Bakkah.net is not affiliated with any of the universities or their administrations.

TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDING

What must students accomplish in the Arabic Program in order to be eligible to study in one of the colleges?

If they do not qualify, what is available to them?

How many American applicants does Umm Al-Qura University usually accept per year?

How much money would a married student need to live in Makkah for one school year?

RELATED ARTICLES

Frequently Asked Questions About Studying at Umm Al-Qura University

About The 'Arabic Language Program at Umm Al-Qura University (EL)

Important Advice for Potential Overseas Students: What You Must Know Before You Go
Source

amirah_87
07-04-2007, 01:16 PM
:sl:

Hmm.. You know I always had it pictured in my head that this Uni was kinda flash! :hiding: But subhanAllah it looks real simple..

Malaikah
07-04-2007, 01:18 PM

It is really pretty from the outside, the inside is soo old. They still have black boards! :D

Are those pics up to date? :?

amirah_87
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM

It is really pretty from the outside, the inside is soo old.
Na'am, that puzzled me too. lol

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM

I'm not sure, I didn't take them!

S_87
07-09-2007, 05:53 PM

if i remember correctly.

-the womans uni and mans uni are two totally different locations in makkah :?

-they do offer things like medicine there but that is only for saudis. i think none saudis are only offered courses in islamic studies and the like.

-the uni is free and students are paid sr600 per month

-a mahram is defo needed with a woman in makkah.

more pics can be found on the uni website
the library:
http://www.uqu.edu.sa/english/inner.php?id=35

and etc........

oh and iqram sheikh shuraim is the dean of the faculty of shariah and islamic studies

Umar001
07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Wierd how some parts look tip top, look like different countries let alone same city.

Looks like a cool place though.

Umm Abdullaah
07-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow. mashaAllah.

Jazaakillahu khayran 4 sharin sis Muwahidah

Salaam
07-28-2007, 11:28 AM
how was this a virtual tour????

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-28-2007, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
how was this a virtual tour????

Virtual Tour: Any method used to provide internet users with a graphical presentation of a property or properties.

www.fxrealty.net/Glossary.cfm

I couldn't use sound narration, so simple text will have to do I'm afraid.

edil
11-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Masha'allah I really like this university and I want to attend there so is their anyone I can comminicate with. I send them email and it takes forever for the people to respond.

Thought
11-08-2007, 09:44 PM
---

DjazakAllaah for the nice pics, it makes me wonder if could do it. it would certainly be good for me. is it expensive?

S_87
11-09-2007, 09:41 AM

^^ if you get in its free :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-10-2007, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Insha'Allah in the near future. It's another plan lol...It also depends if they do medical courses there. I was also thinking of Madeenah Uni since my Quran teacher was a student in the past. :thumbs_up make du'a that Allah guides me to whatever is best for me insha'Allah.

:w:
if you want to take a medical cource over there, wouldn't you haev to be really good in arabic.:? do they teach in other than arabic.:?

'Abd al-Baari
11-10-2007, 12:01 PM

I think i read that for non-saudi students there first year is an arabic course and then they do the course that they have chosen :)

Allahu A'lam

BintYousoff
11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Masha2allah, i would have come to this place..
U know what, 3 years ago when i was in high school,i was dying to study in this University and my parents even agreed to it. Disappointment, i have no mahram there...my dream place....

sudais1
11-19-2007, 05:36 PM
If you go on Umm Al Qura's web page then they have alot of very very nice pics. These Pics are soo old and ugly in all honesty. I would rather have nice tents than those dorms. The Saudi's updated everything and it really looks nice now.

sudais1
11-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Check out these pics really nice opposed to those rather....:scared: pics lol

http://www.uqu.edu.sa/english/inner.php?id=31

Very new and nice

sudais1
11-21-2007, 04:28 AM
and also...

http://www.uqu.edu.sa/english/inner.php?id=33

ayesha309
11-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Masha'Allah i would love to go there........

Noor 13
11-24-2007, 09:22 AM
MashAllah what a beautiful place to study
JazakAllah kair for posting this

Thought
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
do u have too speak arabic in order to follow courses?
are there also summer courses? 'cause possible i cannot stay a whole year.

MetSudaisTwice
11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
salam
according to my sources, sheikh sudais is the principal there, sheikh humaid and sheikh talib teaches there, famous students to have studied there are Sheikh Shuraim

a renowned and famous uni situated in the blessed city of makkah

masalam

Ummu Sufyaan
11-26-2007, 02:57 AM
really? as far as i know, shiekh shuraim is the dean of shari3ah there, and sh sudias is just a teacher. i had no idea about sh's taalib and humaid.

MetSudaisTwice
11-27-2007, 12:00 PM
asalam-u-alaikum wa rahmatullah

yep sheikh sudais is the principal/headmaster there

sheikh humaid, sheikh talib and sheikh shuraim all studied there and got some sort of a degree from there and they all teach there now

masalam

adeeb
12-28-2007, 09:40 AM
wow... I will go there someday...insha Allah.....

Anisa19
12-30-2007, 03:28 AM
JazaakAllah Khair,

IceQueen~
01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
what's the difference then between this uni and madinah uni?
which is better in terms of learning/teaching etc? (only ever heard of the madinah one)

Maimunah
01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
salaam sis

as far as i kno madinah university is mainly for men n they only teach islamic studies. whereas umul al quran is both for men n women n they teach islamic as well as secular studies

:w:

BlissfullyJaded
01-06-2008, 07:06 AM

According to what a person who knows these universities well has said, Imaam Muhammad Uni and Umm al Qura are more highly recommended as compared to Madeenah Uni. Their teaching methods differ, and they are more higher educational and comprehensive. Madeenah Uni is a wonderful uni too mashaAllah and dedicated only to Islamic studies and more aimed at foreign students, but the others are more highly recommended when it comes to the level of education. And their Saudi students outnumber the foreign if I remember correctly, and that applies to their Islamic departments as well. And those two also accept female students, while Madeenah only accepts males. There are other colleges in Madeenah for females to learn the deen, but I'm unsure of whether foreigners are accepted, but quite possibly they are. It's also not so so so hard for foreigners to get acceptance at Madeenah Uni, provided the paperwork is complete and you meet their requirements. But if your intent is to study hard and strive the right path, then wherever you go, your efforts will pay off inshaAllah.

Allahu 'alam.

munssif
01-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Assakamu Alaikum,
Can we apply for a short Arabic courses?
then , what is the duration?
How much it approximately cost for Arabic short course?

Al-Hanbali
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by munssif
Assakamu Alaikum,
Can we apply for a short Arabic courses?
then , what is the duration?
How much it approximately cost for Arabic short course?
:wasalamex

You can apply to learn Arabic within a two-year intensive program. If you pass the exams at the end of that course, you can take an entrance exam for one of the colleges of Umm-ul-Quraa. If you dont pass the exam for the college, you can broaden your studies in Arabic, specializing in teaching Arabic with a two-year and four-year program. Tuition is free.

munssif
01-24-2008, 06:13 AM
jazakALLAh br.
and i cn i have any link to apply or adress.
pls give me if u can...
salam.

IceQueen~
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Here's a link which has a link to the application form inshaAllah: http://www.bakkah.net/studying/ummalquraa.htm

------
01-24-2008, 09:50 AM

^^^

vvvv

munssif
01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
jazakALLAHU khairan for both of d brothers to gave med links.

IceQueen~
01-24-2008, 11:26 AM
wa iyaaki :X

------
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM

^^ She's a sis :lol: ;D

and so am I :offended:

munssif
01-25-2008, 05:54 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOH SORRY SISTERS.
AGAIN JAZAKALLAH.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.