Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
07-04-2007, 02:08 AM
:sl: sis,
That site doesn't work for me?

جوري
07-04-2007, 02:11 AM
:sl: ukhty
you need to register.. I registered chose Alhambra Spain and written a hadith qudsi as my quote if you have the best quote they use it...

you have got to click on link then on bottom right, you skip intro, then enter.
you'll find all the places up for votes minus the pyramids (egypt felt insulted) then you may click on any link or also click on Give us your slogan to promote this candidate!
and register and take it from there. I clicked on all the islamic things, Alhambra, Taj Mahal, hajia Sophia, and of course petra jordan, the rest were random any pick, I picked great wall etc...
let me know how you fare?
:w:

جوري
07-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Mohammed I, the first king of the Nasriden – a Moorish dynasty in Granada - converted a 9th-century castle into his private royal residence, and it is this which we now know as the Alhambra. The structure, which covers an area of 13 hectares, is renowned for its stunning frescoes and interior detail. The building is one of the finest examples of Moorish architecture in the world and is among Europe’s most-visited tourist attractions.

In short - vote for the Alhambra, because it now represents
- Dignity & Dialog!

For more information, click here.
To see the World Tour visit, click here.

I wrote the Hadith qudsi in this card enclosed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
guyabano
07-04-2007, 07:29 AM
I have just 2 questions:

1. Why must be voted 'islamic'. The 'Seven Wonders of the World' (or the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World) is a widely-known list of seven remarkable manmade constructions of classical antiquity, so it should be voted upon this qualification, not just because it is 'islamic' !?
  2. Why do we need new worldwonders?

AmarFaisal
07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Kind of complicated to follow sister. But the one pic u put up with the Hadith is really nice.

Karina
07-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Surely it's not just the "Islamic" things that interest you?

Why not vote for something that genuinely fascinates you?

For me? Yes I love the Hagia Sophia - I have visited it a few years ago when I was in Istanbul , along with the Sultan Ahmed Mosque - both were beautiful! It would definitely get my vote.

But what about the Moai - the Easter Island Statues.....
Or Chichen Itza in Mexico?
Or Stonehenge?

Will you broaden your thoughts a little Purest.....? Why do you cast the non-Islamic "Wonders" to one side without a thought? :) :?

Tania
07-04-2007, 10:47 AM
I voted for: Acropolis, Alhambra, Colosseum, Easter Island, Eiffel,Hagia Sophia, Taj Mahal.:)

جوري
07-04-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
I have just 2 questions:

1. Why must be voted 'islamic'. The 'Seven Wonders of the World' (or the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World) is a widely-known list of seven remarkable manmade constructions of classical antiquity, so it should be voted upon this qualification, not just because it is 'islamic' !?
  2. Why do we need new worldwonders?
It is my prerogative I vote for what I like!... ... I can't believe the variety of questions you pose? Does everything have to be a topic for discussion? This is a request from Muslim members. Go feel free to vote for what you desire!... what cheeky transgressions are these? ones own likes and dislikes are also under question. I made a request from MUSLIMS to vote for Islamic things....I didn't question your list! I don't want to see your list! I don't care for your list! Thus I don't have to defend my list!. Hope we are clear?
by the way 4 out of the original 7 wonders of the world were still in the current Islamic part of the world preceding Islam. 2 in Egypt, one in turkey one in Iraq. Those places were simply the birth place of civilization and generations down the line continued to produce the best architectures the world over, hence my interest. Again go vote what you like this post isn't addressing you!
peace!

جوري
07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
Surely it's not just the "Islamic" things that interest you?

Why not vote for something that genuinely fascinates you?

For me? Yes I love the Hagia Sophia - I have visited it a few years ago when I was in Istanbul , along with the Sultan Ahmed Mosque - both were beautiful! It would definitely get my vote.

But what about the Moai - the Easter Island Statues.....
Or Chichen Itza in Mexico?
Or Stonehenge?

Will you broaden your thoughts a little Purest.....? Why do you cast the non-Islamic "Wonders" to one side without a thought? :) :?
Do you know anything about my interests? or are you being presumptuous as usual? I didn't see Bernini' masterpiece for the Cardinal Borghese which he carved at 16 yrs of age depicting the nymph Daphne turning into a laurel tree whilst being chased by Apollo on that list, I would have voted for it!...Again not that I have to defend my interests-- I can't believe some of the people we have here?...
you know nothing about me or my thoughts, my interests, my upbringing, my travels or my education! So pls busy yourself with your own affairs and mind your own business, and keep the list to yourself, I am not suddenly going to see how cultured you are, if that is your intention by listing it!
peace!

Karina
07-05-2007, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Do you know anything about my interests? or are you being presumptuous as usual? I didn't see Bernini' masterpiece for the Cardinal Borghese which he carved at 16 yrs of age depicting the nymph Daphne turning into a laurel tree whilst being chased by Apollo on that list, I would have voted for it!...Again not that I have to defend my interests-- I can't believe some of the people we have here?...
you know nothing about me or my thoughts, my interests, my upbringing, my travels or my education! So pls busy yourself with your own affairs and mind your own business, and keep the list to yourself, I am not suddenly going to see how cultured you are, if that is your intention by listing it!
peace!
I am always on tenterhooks to read your next response - you will probably not believe this but you really do make me smile!
Really - no sarcasm, just a gradual & genuine intrigue. My you are feisty!

:) :) :) :)

(However I must stress.... I make these comments very much from a distance. Without making presumtions. Without direct contact. With utmost caution........)

I look forward to further stimulating dialogue!
:X

Sinbad
07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
HAHAHA Statue of liberty is considered a wonder? The Jesus Statue maybe but the statue of liberty?

If you have to vote islamic, vote Taj Mahal, it was a persian architect and is built by Sassanid style (islamic).

جوري
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
HAHAHA Statue of liberty is considered a wonder? The Jesus Statue maybe but the statue of liberty?

If you have to vote islamic, vote Taj Mahal, it was a persian architect and is built by Sassanid style (islamic).
The votes are over, I believe today is the last day?... I already voted for the four Islamic things that were there.. actually petra isn't Islamic but is mentioned in the Quran as the people of Thamud, I hope it makes it on the final list of the new wonders!
Yeah-- I thought statue of liberty was funny too..
glad Egypt took itself out of the list-- the Egyptian gov't requested that the pyramids be taken off since they felt that as the only remaining member of the original 7 wonders the pyramids were beyond this sort of popularity contest....I agree with them....
peace!

smile
07-06-2007, 10:54 AM
WHY can't we vote for the pyrimads!

WHY do they put it there if we can't vote for it??????

Sinbad
07-06-2007, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile

The Pyramides where built before the arabic invasion, so its not the ancestors of the egyptians and that bothers them.

جوري
07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile

The actual reason is written above and can be found on the website enclosed... as I said before
Egyptian gov't requested that the pyramids be taken off the list....they felt that as the only remaining member of the original 7 wonders the pyramids were beyond this sort of popularity contest
it was by request that they were removed, the committee that started this contest obviously didn't consult on whether the govt. of the afore mentioned places want their monuments to be part of this event... anyhow as I see it there are a few more hours left to get your votes in, and again I encourage all Muslim to vote for the Islamic things...

:w:

Sinbad
07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
The actual reason is written above and can be found on the website enclosed... as I said before
And America says that they invaded Iraq cause they had nukes...:rollseyes

جوري
07-06-2007, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
And America says that they invaded Iraq cause they had nukes...:rollseyes
watch out folks another

with a brilliant observation, how is it related to the topic?

Sinbad
07-06-2007, 07:53 PM
watch out folks another

Aaah youre to kind:statisfie

with a brilliant observation, how is it related to the topic?
Just answered a queston about the topic.

Karina
07-07-2007, 08:31 PM
and again I encourage all Muslim to vote for the Islamic things...
Hmm.... if I was being pedantic: I would encourage all Americans/New Yorkers to vote for the Statue of Liberty, all French/Parisians to vote for the Eiffel Tower, all Australians to vote for the Sydney Opera House, all Peruvians to vote for Machu Picchu, all Chinese to vote for the Great Wall.

Oh, and please do remember not to vote for anything that has routes or origins in another religion or culture, even though it may genuinely fascinate you.

:rollseyes

جوري
07-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Would one of the mods kindly close the thread? the voting period is over and I believe the thread has reached the end of its value...
thank you....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.