/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please endorse the Amman Message

sart000
07-04-2007, 12:06 PM
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
Dear Friend,

As-Salamu alaykum. We hope this message finds you well. In November 2004, King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein of Jordan launched the Amman Message, a declaration aimed at clarifying the true nature of Islam and the nature of true Islam to the world. It is a message of devotion to God, love of the neighbor, goodwill, moderation and peace. Since then, the Amman Message has come to be epitomized in three major juridical and doctrinal points, each crucial to addressing the problems the Islamic world faces today.

1. The great traditional schools of jurisprudence, theology, and spirituality are valid from the point of view of Islam, and the followers of these schools, which include both Sunni and Shi‘i denominations, are all Muslims. Islam has fundamental tenets but is also diverse.

2. It is impermissible to declare any Muslim so defined as an unbeliever/apostate (a practice called takfir).

3. Only those with the proper moral and intellectual qualifications, and the proper methodology, may issue fatwas (religious edicts).

Since they were first introduced, these three points have been recognized and ratified universally, through fatwas and official statements, in meetings of the highest and most recognized authorities and scholars in Islamic law, from all denominations and schools of thought all over the world. This is a unique historical event. The statements and signatures from these religious leaders can be see on www.ammanmessage.com.

These three points are vital for the future of the Islamic world. We suffer from disunity and discord, and must reaffirm our unity as an Islamic ummah. We suffer from wounds and ignorant prejudice which would take us into conflict with many of those who would live at peace with us. We must denounce the practice of takfir (accusing Muslims of apostasy for interpretations and opinions different from ours), which too often opens the door to terrible crimes against our own brothers and sisters. Moreover, all such atrocities committed in the name of Islam are traceable to the fatwa of men totally unqualified, morally and intellectually, to issue one. It is thus imperative that the ummah speak with one voice in reaffirming true Islam.

We invite you to add your voice to this unique and historic international Islamic consensus. Please visit www.ammanmessage.com, where you can read more about the Amman Message and find many useful documents and links. Under ENDORSE you can add your name to the list of Muslims worldwide who have endorsed and supported the three points. Your endorsement is important for all our futures.

Yours Sincerely,
The Amman Message Committee,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
11-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum... :)

I was going to start another thread about the Amman Message, but saw this one and bumping it up for endorsements InshA'Allah. 200 of the world's leading Islamic scholars from 50 Muslim countries unanimously agreed upon this message, fulfilling prophecy of our Beloved Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) in the following words:

"My Ummah will not agree upon an error." (Ibn Majah, Sunan Abu Dawud)

At this time of Trials and Fitnah of Khawarij in the Ummah, its best to look at this Message of Unity and, understand and spread for the name of Islam and for the Sake of Allah (swt) and His Blessed Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).

If we have seen a proof of Kufr against someone from other School of Thought on Youtube, Facebook or online news then it is our Fard to read in to that School of Thought, do some research on them from authentic sources, before passing a judgment of Takfir on the entire School of Thought.

Surah Al Hujurat Verse 6

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

May Allah (swt) help us see the Truth, Ameen.

http://ammanmessage.com/media/Amman-...v-2-5-2-08.pdf

Scimitar
11-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Also, do not forget the ACW (A Common Word) initiative which resulted directly from the Amman Message effort.

http://www.acommonword.com/

Scimi

Abz2000
11-29-2015, 01:32 PM
I visited the website and found more information on the numerical and authorititative superiority and celebrity status of the people who endorsed the message than on the content of the declaration itself, the three points were at best very vague and also suspicious since nothing was mentioned about uniting the ummah upon the rule of Allah under a single authority which uses the Quran as it's constitution.
It mentions a bunch of sects whose rulings are regularly at variance with each other despite the fact that the source scholars of those who created mathahib never intended to create sects.
I'm not against, but rather endorse tolerance and goodwill on minor differences in contrast with open kufr of the laws of our Creator as long as we are working towards Khilafah upon the Manhaj of Prophethood.
But will in no way claim that the sects mentioned are all correct and that it must remain a divided ummah for posterity.

Also, gaining a media stranglehold in alliance with kufr whilst censoring revolutionaries who are working towards khilafah ala manhaj an nubuwwah as "extremists" doesn't help in the matter of credibility when claiming consensus of the ummah because we have clearly been told about the concept of at-tuaa-ifah-al-mansoorah in a time when the majority will be astray and the mouthpieces will be wolves in sheep's clothing.

We would need to look into the concept and meaning of at-tuaa-ifah-al-mansoorah/At-Taa’ifah al-Mansoorah further and work along the definition of such. These people unite upon the Book of Allah and seeking of His pleasure regardless of their number and then work towards establishing the rule of Allah whilst seeking His pleasure and they do not fear the blame of blamers in the way of Allah.

So yes, i am all for tolerance over minor issues in comparison to the major issues whilst positively working towards uniting the people upon the truth under a single authority which judges by the Quran and sunnah to settle differences, but i am not going to claim that everyone is correct regardless of how distant they are from the book of Allah.

Let the people who edit and sign this treaty pledge to embark upon the task of re-establishing khilafah 'ala manhaj an-nabuwwah
in all the lands where Muslims form a majority, then their words would mean something positive.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-29-2015, 11:11 PM
I think the Amman Message and the ACW are excellent examples of Mankind learning to get along despite our differences - because what we share in common is also important and conducive to a peaceful co-existence.

Anyone who disagrees with that just looks pretty much like an extremist or at the very least, fundamentally inflexible when it comes to being a nice person.

Scimi

syed_z
11-30-2015, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Also, do not forget the ACW (A Common Word) initiative which resulted directly from the Amman Message effort.

http://www.acommonword.com/

Scimi

Jazak Allah khayr for sharing this. Spread the word, as it is much needed to in these times.

I believe that no doubt, the war on terror is a disguise for war on Islam in many ways.... yet a big part of the blame of this war does falls on Muslims. Rather than turning towards the Quran, we're busy in hair splitting.

May Allah (swt guide us and help us. Ameen.

Abz2000
11-30-2015, 01:20 AM
Brother scimi, there is a huge difference between appearing to be a nice person and being a nice person.
we can tolerate differences with the determination that we'll all come to the truth and live under the rule of Allah as a united ummah under one banner, but to pretend that every law of Allah is variable is not factual, there are constants and there are variables.
I may seem like a nice person if i tell everyone that they are all doing great despite knowing that there is no god but One God, that He is the revealer of the Quran to His slave and messenger Muhammad pbuh, that Jesus is His slave and messenger, that hell is true and that paradise is true, however i would be commiting a huge sin and would need to repent and rectify my statements and deeds to the best of my ability before i meet my Lord.

It is easy to walk around in the world, enjoy it, see the smiley and sad faces, and fall into the trap of becoming a yes man to everyone or to a majority of people who will support me, once the gravity of the hereafter has dissipated from the forefront of my mind, but by Allah, once a person has yaqeen (certainty) of the momentous nature of life after ressurection, he will do his best to convey the message plainly, truthfully and faithfully even if it costs him his life.

Consider that Allah has already made clear this concept with the trial incident with the verses of Surah an Najm, when the Prophet pbuh was reciting it, and Allah allowed shaytaan to insert a falsehood, even the pagans prostrated and really celebrated the Prophet pbuh, however when he realized what had happened, he pbuh became extremely distressed despite their show of love towards him, then when he continued to proclaim the Oneness of Allah and preach against false gods, their hatred and enmity towards him became even more magnified, however he pbuh continued to convey the truth and exert his efforts with Allah's help until Allah made His deen victorious.

I do not believe in straining at a gnat whilst a camel swallows me, i do however strain at gnats when no camels are trying to swallow me, know also that the leadership of kufr will never be pleased with you until you leave saying la ilaaha illallah, they spoke against Muhammad pbuh despite him being a messenger of Allah, they spoke against niqaab despite claiming to run a liberal and tolerant society, jihaad despite it being a constant in the way of Allah mentioned hundreds of times over in the Quran, they wanted to change the Quran because it says "help us against a kaafireen folk" at the end of Surah Al Baqarah, do you not believe that the words laa ilaaha illaAllah is not a radical statement which the liberals would falsely consider "intolerant"? You are basically stating that ALL gods taken for worship besides God, the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth - are false.

Yes, there are many people living many ways of life since after Nuh, some get along with each other better than with others, and some clash with others more than they do with some, the people mentioned in the above article can unite under one banner more easily than they can with others, however, when running a government, one would find that there are differences which would lead to issues that need to be made constant rather than variable, and if people were unwilling to hear and obey, they would have to split again, just as we've been splitting all these years until we came to a situation where we were too weak to stand alone and corrupt puppets and mafia type despots took over to plunder our resources and use us as beasts of burden and toil while pushing lewdness and immorality at us increasingly by the year 'til most of us are hellbound.

One has to think carefully about the situation and where we're heading, we're at a crossroads and the status quo is oppressive, if the king of Jordan and the king of the Sauds and the queen of Bangladesh are not happy with the rule of Allah, what reason other than to gain more propaganda capital, more picked and warped legislation, keep their fiefdoms with the ummah disunited and downtrodden do they seek to achieve?
They know very well that their citizens are calling their kufr - especially after Iraq and due to their murderous unlawful alliances and corrupt dealings, and that revolutionary movements are justifying their overthrow with clear and rational takfeer despite their heavy use of 'ulamaa as-sultaan and Islamically strange fataawa to condemn anything that threatens the corrupt status quo.

('ulamaa as-sultaan as used above refers to those owned by the corrupt sultaans (authorities) that are not legitimate authorities, not 'ulamaa as-sultaan as in those who correctly use the judgement of Allah as their sultuaan (authority).

The talk is of a common word to unite people, and there is nothing better than the Book of Allah and judgement by it.
Now to get a common and universal interpretation, you'll need khilaafah with the ability to get knowledgeable people of all schools of thought to sit together, debate points, weigh by the balance of Allah, and to rule sincerely for the sake of Allah.

فَذَلِكُمُ اللّهُ رَبُّكُمُ الْحَقُّ فَمَاذَا بَعْدَ الْحَقِّ إِلاَّ الضَّلاَلُ فَأَنَّى تُصْرَفُونَ

{32*010:032*Khan:
Such is Allah, your Lord in truth. So after the truth, what else can there be, save error? How then are you turned away?

010:032*Maulana:
Such then is Allah, your true Lord. And what is there after the truth but error? How then are you turned away!

010:032*Pickthal:
Such then is Allah, your rightful Lord. After the Truth what is there saving error? How then are ye turned away!

010:032*Rashad:
Such is GOD, your rightful Lord. What is there after the truth, except falsehood? How could you disregard all this?

010:032*Sarwar:
Thus is God your true Lord. In the absence of truth there is nothing but falsehood. Then where are you turning?

010:032*Shakir:
This then is Allah, your true Lord; and what is there after the truth but error; how are you then turned back?

010:032*Sherali:
Such is ALLAH, your True Lord. So what is there other than the truth but error? How then are you being turned away from the truth?

010:032*Yusufali:
Such is Allah, your real Cherisher and Sustainer: apart from truth, what (remains) but error? How then are ye turned away?

syed_z
11-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Real filth is the one inside. The rest simply washes off. There is only one type of dirt that cannot be cleansed with pure waters, and that is the stain of hatred and bigotry contaminating the soul. You can purify your body through abstinence and fasting, but only love will purify your heart.

Shams Tabrizi.

Abz2000
11-30-2015, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Jazak Allah khayr for sharing this. Spread the word, as it is much needed to in these times.

I believe that no doubt, the war on terror is a disguise for war on Islam in many ways.... yet a big part of the blame of this war does falls on Muslims. Rather than turning towards the Quran, we're busy in hair splitting.

May Allah (swt guide us and help us. Ameen.
May Allah unite us upon the rule of Quran, truth and sincerity, and save us from being used by the corrupt as justification to kill the righteous when the righteous stand and demand rule by Allah's guidance or declare takfeer upon the enemies of Allah when the corrupt rule the ummah with kufr of Allah.
Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.