/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Masjids of Makkah

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-04-2007, 01:45 PM
The Masjids of Makkah

In the Name of Allaah, the All-Merciful...

Makkah is home to hundreds of masjids. Let's take a look at some of them now:

The Ka'bah (Al-Masjid Al-Haraam)

The house that Prophet Ibraaheem built, the first house built dedicated to the worship of Allaah stands as the center of the Islaamic world, attracting millions and millions of visitors every year. The source of the Well of Zamzam is nearby, as well as the hills of As-Safaa' and Al-Marwaa. Various lessons are found here throughout the day and night.

As one of the residents of Makkah describes Al-Masjid Al-Haraam:

"...and whenever I feel a need to get away from the pressures of everyday life, the Ka'bah is right there any time of the day or night! It is so peaceful - sometimes all you hear are the footsteps making their rounds on that cool marble floor..."

Masjid Ibn Baaz

Built in 1419, Masjid Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have Mercy on Imaam Ibn Baaz) lies on the western edge of the 'Azeeziyyah District. It looks very high-tech from the outside, however it is very old-fashioned as far as the activities that go on inside. Throughout the year, many scholars who stop through Makkah give lessons in Masjid Ibn Baaz. Shaykh Rabee' Al-Madkhalee used to give regular lessons here, and Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Aalish-Shaykh gives lessons here when he is in Makkah.

Masjid Faqeeh

Founded by the Egyptian businessman who became famous by his Kingdom-wide chain of barbeque chicken restaurants, this masjid is found in the center of 'Azeeziyyah. It is known to be a place that generously hosts many visiting scholars and organizes very successful programs for them. When Shaykh Saalih Al-Fowzaan is in town, he gives lessons here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
07-04-2007, 06:01 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah n Alhamdulilah....:)

:w:

Star
07-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Masha'allah, jazakillah khayr for posting uktee, insha'allah i'll be able to visit them one day. :)

:w:

Far7an
07-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I was told there were many Masajid in Makkah, are those just the main ones?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nocturne
07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I dont know why anyone would want to shun Al-Haraam and go to other mosques in Makkah if you are visiting there.

Maybe the other mosques is mainly for locals.

*To the arabic speakers.

Haram is forbidden, what does Haraam mean?

mizan_aliashraf
07-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Salam
Have been to Masjid bin Baz. We used to study in Halaqat there given by shaykh Abdul-Aziz al-Shaykh and shaykh Muhammad bin Uthaimeen (Rahimullah).
Wassalam

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
I was told there were many Masajid in Makkah, are those just the main ones?
:salamext:

Well, as the article says:

Makkah is home to hundreds of masjids. Let's take a look at some of them now
So I guess the answer to your question is 'yes'.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.