/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayers; A dead end wish?

vorx
07-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to begin this topic to touch a major concern everyone goes through. Everyone in a desperate moment prays to God for help. I believe that stress causes that reaction because an individual is overwhelmed and under pressure and seeks an alternative relief.

That being said a prayer is a desperate investment in God's power let alone if the wish is "granted".

To me God is just an idea. God only exists in me because i believe in the idea that God is existent. In the contrary, the statement "There is no such thing as God" is also true. There is no God in an atheist's believes. It is true that we are created amazingly and we have such excellent features and everything around works with a plan but that is only the illusion of my idea, which is that God made all this happen. Same thing, an atheist would fall in the illusion of the idea that we are created by chance or whatever they believe in.

If someone told me that there is a man in a room he can be right. But i can also be right if i say that there is no man in the room since nobody knows the man in person and nobody has been to the room yet. Same thing with God. No one met God in person, I never met him neither did you fellow readers.

I am discussing a gray shaded area. All statements concerning God are true. We can't argue which religion is better than the other. How can someone prove the existence of God? There are no mathematical formulas or theory besides the will to believe and the belief itself. There are the givens which are: The self, and the rest of the world. It is enough for me to believe God made it all happen while for an other person, everything in the world means nothing.

It is the same thing for a prayer. I pray to believe my problems are going to be over. While i tried to pray for 2 months 5 times a day and not curse at anything just to behave with God, i didn't see any change, but sicker worse situation. It is hard for me to discuss my personal issues online since i cant trust people here, so please let's just leave it that way for now.

So when my faith is involved i ask myself these things. Am i just tricking myself when my faith only improves when i notice change to the better? My faith is "seriously low" when it comes to Islam and God or anything. I don't see the point to struggle my whole life then in the end burn in hell. I seriously think that i am a Kafir based on what people say about my believes. I have some serious issues that put my morals down therefore my faith goes down too. It is only logical that way. So how can i be a Muslim in the eyes for God when my faith is only "righteous" when i have what i want in life.

I might be corrupted and only satisfied when i get things my way but hey, that is the human nature. I can not trick myself to pretend to be thankful with what i have. I am never happy but i wish to be. If i stop and contemplate everything i have and had, i will only feel regret and remorse. I will not get anything done in life.

The lack faith and often reminds me of death. I think of self-suicide but i am afraid to take my own life. I would like to sleep and wake up for an other chance but the same old results occur daily.

So i spent 2 months being cute to God and it gave me nothing. I feel like a looser. I don't know what to do anymore...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Selam aleykum Brother,
It can be that you planned something but that Allah subhana wa ta'ala planned something better.
It can be that you desire your prayer to be answered in this life while Allah subhana wa ta'ala may desire that your prayer is answered in the next.

Just because a prayer isn't answered doesn't mean it isn't heared.

- Qatada -
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
:salamext:

We've discussed this issue with him before bro Abdul Fattah :)

Regarding your question about your prayers not always being answered, Allaah says in the Qur'an:

..it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

[Qur'an 2: 216]

We are bound by time, we do not know the future. We are stuck in the present, yet Allaah is the All Knowing, Wise and He is outside the boundaries of time. Therefore, He may not answer a prayer of ours, knowing that it is harmful for us in the future. And He may delay it, knowing that in the future there is more of a greater benefit to it.

This may be the answer to why your prayer is responded to at one time, yet not responded to immediately within another time.

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ity-where.html

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
07-09-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

We've discussed this issue with him before bro Abdul Fattah :)

Regarding your question about your prayers not always being answered, Allaah says in the Qur'an:

..it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

[Qur'an 2: 216]

We are bound by time, we do not know the future. We are stuck in the present, yet Allaah is the All Knowing, Wise and He is outside the boundaries of time. Therefore, He may not answer a prayer of ours, knowing that it is harmful for us in the future. And He may delay it, knowing that in the future there is more of a greater benefit to it.

This may be the answer to why your prayer is responded to at one time, yet not responded to immediately within another time.

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...ity-where.html
:cry: jazakallah kairan for that brother. alhamdullillah, i really needed to hear that

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ourra-Tul-'Ain
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
:w:
please read this brother inshallah it will help.

Dua - The Believer's Weapon
by

Mohammed Ilyas Adam

‘Dua' means to ask Allah directly for something. There is nothing that Allah cannot do, therefore Dua is basically the means of asking the creator to do something and Allah is capable of doing each and everything imaginable and the things that are beyond belief for the human mind. Rasullullah used to turn to Allah for every matter in life, be it small or big. However insignificant a task may be, as Muslims we have been instructed and advised to turn towards Allah in times of happiness and of sadness. If the mind is not connected to Allah, we will result in asking help from the creation of Allah.

Sometimes there are bad conditions in the world; we tend to ask ourselves questions about why the Muslims are being punished? And why we are being oppressed? Why is it happening to us like this? We make so much Dua to Allah very often and in the end we don't see the fruits of our Dua. The question which tends to arise is why are our Dua's not being accepted? We get caught in the clear trap of Shaytaan and start to think, ‘Why isn't Allah doing as we want him to do? We feel that we are making Dua but nothing is happening.

The reason behind this attitude is that as humans we tend to always want to do things in a hurry. We want things to be done overnight and often because of this very reason, we do things with lack of wisdom.

Allah says in the Quran, “And your lord said pray to me, I will respond to your invocations.” (90:60).

This promise demands steadfastness upon the deen of almighty Allah and not following the ways of the Shaytaan. As weak Muslims we don't seem to stay steadfast. We commit sins but don't feel this could be a reason why our Dua's are failing to be answered. We expect them to be accepted before we even finish them! If we look at the lives of the Prophets Alayhis Salaam, we will find that even though they were free from sin, still their Dua's weren't granted straight away. Hazrat Musa prayed for approximately forty years, only then did Allah answer his Dua's. Not only Prophet Musa but there are so many prophets whose lives bear witness to Dua's that weren't accepted straight away. The Prophet Ayyub is another example, according to some Ulama, his Dua's were finally accepted after seventy years of calmly waiting. We need to notice the fact that he didn't once lose hope and become disheartened, but remained steadfast. On calling towards Allah, practicing patience and making Dua for their needs to be fulfilled.

Sometimes the wish we ask Allah for, may not always be what is best for us, and Allah through his infinite wisdom, decides what is best for us at the time, then later we find out that it was better that the wish we asked for wasn't granted. We should never feel that our asking from Allah or our time spent is being wasted because if our Dua is not answered in this world then it is being stored and will be answered in the form of numerous rewards in the hereafter. Allah loves to see his servants remembering him, begging and crying before him and often the case is that if Allah gives his servants what he wants and removes the difficulty he is going through, he stops begging before Allah, so this way Allah rewards him for his patience too.

Keeping this in mind we should not become disheartened when we don't see our prayers being answered, but instead we should ask even more from Allah and the result in us becoming closer to Allah. Rasullullah is reported to have said, “Dua is the weapon of a Muslim”.

May Allah give us all the ability to remember him at all times.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.