/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Troubled..

anonymous
07-05-2007, 09:10 AM
AssalamAlaikum all,

I have been living in distress for the past many years. My mother and i don't get along too well. We are frank with each other at times (ps: frank not close) but at other times, she doesn't talk to me for days. She is very easily irritated by anything. She was suggested by a doctor to visit a psychiatrist to calm down her nerves but she didn't heed the doc't advice.

Everytime I go near her, she either snaps at me or taunts me. I try to deal her in an understanding, kind manner, but its no good. She has developed a habit of venting her fury and frustration on me. If for example I forget to keep a dish into the fridge at night, the next morning she'ss scream the whole day and stop talking (or looking) at me for weeks. I don't know how to manage this situation.

I have tried everything I can to make a stable relation with her, but it just doesn't work. Please I need some islamic advice. What am I supposed to do? Don't ask me to talk to her, it won't work.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
bro/sis have you asked her what the matter is?

keep making dua' inshaAllah, there must a root for this to happen.

why dont you perhaps try taking her on a holiday or something?

perhaps she has a best friend/cousin/family member to take with?

inshaAllah keep making dua..

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

IbnAbdulHakim
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
^ we're suppose to help not confuse :uuh: lol

na jazakAllah khair inshaAllah good points

but i think the parents wanting the daughters/son to live up to their high standards is a good things becoz it makes us see how truelly lacking we are. Wallahi i feel that if we cant keep up with our forefathers physical strength and willpower to work hard then its only because we're too much into the dunya... dont you agree sis...

anonymous
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
bro/sis have you asked her what the matter is?

keep making dua' inshaAllah, there must a root for this to happen.

why dont you perhaps try taking her on a holiday or something?

perhaps she has a best friend/cousin/family member to take with?

inshaAllah keep making dua..

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
Actually am only 21, so I can't really go along by myself and take her on a holiday.. it was a neat idea though :) But I doubt if she would agree.. even if with the family. There is a lot of responsibility at home that she won't be able to have a break.. atleast for the moment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
how about asking the root to this problem...there must be something bugging her.....to create this circumstance...

a mothers relation to their son/daughter is very precious....

...i knw u've mentioned not to speak with her..but try to inshAllah..how about when shes lying down...try to sleep nxt to her....hold her around her waist....ask her wots the matter?....

speak to her gently, camly, and try to come to an conclusion to solve this matter inshAllah...

Be around her..help her in daily activities...take her out..not too far...jus u and her...and talk inshAllah....

make dua..may Allah(swt) help you inshAllah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.