/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in anti-terror campaign

HBot 5000
07-06-2007, 06:06 AM
:sl:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6275772.stm

British Muslims are leading a new campaign condemning the recent attempted car bomb attacks in London and Glasgow.
The campaign, titled "Not in Our Name", will be launched across the UK with adverts in newspapers.

It emphasises "the Muslim community's rejection of any attempts to link any such criminal attacks to the teachings of Islam", organisers said.

Muslims from various professions have backed the campaign, including doctors.

The advert, accredited to "Muslims United", also carries a quotation from Koran reading: "Whoever kills an innocent soul, it is as if he killed the whole of mankind.

"And whoever saves one, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind."

'Calm response'

The emergency services have been praised for "working tirelessly and courageously" while the government has been commended for handling the crisis "calmly and proportionately".

The advert, which will also appear on billboards, buses and underground trains, calls for the community to stand united against terrorism.

The campaign has received support from Conservative Muslim Forum, Islamic Relief, the Islamic Society of Britain and Muslim Doctors and Dentists Association among others.

http://www.islamispeace.org.uk/

MUSLIMS UNITED
..Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind, And whoever saves one, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind”

[The Holy Quran, 5:32]

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
07-06-2007, 06:14 AM
:thumbs_up

Basirah
07-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Very good, great post! Hopefully through unity and understanding this will ease tensions and prejiduce.

north_malaysian
07-06-2007, 07:00 AM
:thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
07-06-2007, 07:05 AM
That's fantastic news!
Many Western voices have been critical of the apparent reluctance by the Muslim population to publically condemn those acts of terrorism. Not any more, it would appear! :thumbs_up

Thanks for sharing, HBot.

E'jaazi
07-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Great Post! Thanks!

north_malaysian
07-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe we should globalise this campaign!!!

"NOT IN OUR NAME"

wilberhum
07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

"NOT IN OUR NAME"
Now that is a slogan thay you could be proud of. :thumbs_up

Amadeus85
07-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Since Jihadism and militant extremism affects muslim communities in Europe it is a good idea to create such demonstrations. To condemn it and prevent.

Muezzin
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Finally.

Jazakallah for posting this news.

Cognescenti
07-06-2007, 09:20 PM

"NOT IN OUR NAME"
Great slogan! Fantastic PR idea and it would seem to marginalize and deligitimize the kooks.

Can you imagine a TV campaign with Muslims in every profession looking up from their work and saying "not in my name"?

Muezzin
07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
It is a good slogan. Since I tend to not take things seriously, and have a twisted (read: not funny) sense of humour, if I were asked to come up with a slogan, the best I would be able to muster would be 'Over My Dead Body'.

wilberhum
07-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Any body that "Hunts wabbits", has to have a twisted sense of humour. :D

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks to Tony Blair and George Bush Muslims around the worls are forced to turn to martyrdom now they are a disgrace for killing innocent Muslims around the world.

wilberhum
07-06-2007, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Thanks to Tony Blair and George Bush Muslims around the worls are forced to turn to martyrdom now they are a disgrace for killing innocent Muslims around the world.
When ever there is love and peace being spread, someone has to burst the bubble.
You should be proud. :?

AhlaamBella
07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
It's about time! :D JazakAllah Kheir for posting it

Amadeus85
07-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Muslims say that killing an innocent people is like killing a whole world. I think that those who condemn terrorism should explain exactly who are innocent people in islam. I heard some sheik saying that in Israel there are no innocent people, as this state is in war with muslims. So maybe for some muslims there are no "Innocent souls " in USA or England. What do you think about it.

snakelegs
07-07-2007, 12:30 AM

"NOT IN OUR NAME"
great idea.
btw, there is a group of survivors and relatives of the victims of 9/11 who use it to object about all that has been done in their name.
http://www.notinourname.net/index.php

Intisar
07-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Salaam

The idea that the campaign should be globalised, is an excellent one. :D I like how there is a direct quote from the Quran, showing not only the British community, but the world as a whole that Islam does not condone these attacks and Muslims do not either.

W/Salaam

glo
07-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I disagree with much of Blair's and Bush's foreign policies, and I have participated in demonstrations and campaigns against the Iraq war ... but I'm afraid their errors (no matter how grave) do not justify anybody to kill other innocent people in turn! (Do you really believe that? :()

This is a fine opportunity for the Muslim world to prove to the Western leaders that they can do better than them! Not to pay likes for likes ...

Is Eesa (PBUH)'s call for forgiveness, turning the other cheek, loving one's enemies and reaching out in love and kindness not echoed in Muhammed's teachings? :rollseyes

Peace

guyabano
07-07-2007, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HBot 5000
British Muslims are leading a new campaign condemning the recent attempted car bomb attacks in London and Glasgow.
The campaign, titled "Not in Our Name", will be launched across the UK with adverts in newspapers.
Both thumbs up ! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Specially this line, real muslims should write on their flag: "Not in Our Name"

I hope, this initiative would be heard in islamic countries all over the globe too !

Skywalker
07-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about! Good for them! British Muslims are really doing great things, like this campaign, as well as organizations like Muslim Aid that are providing relief services all over the world. Finally, someone to show the world who we really are. Mashaa-Allah :)

SATalha
07-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Although there are great injustices being carried out against the Muslim population, I don not resort to violence against Innocent people in the UK. This should be our stance. Yes we know what is going on in our Ummah, but there are other way we can help i.e. lobby our local mp, get organised, charity (interpal) etc.

I went to our local emergancy meeting and the points raised by the senior officers where good. They said that they have learned from past mistakes and that they will not be repeated 9Forrest gate). Overall the security forces and the Intelligence service are trying to work with us to reduce these kind of acts. I think it is our duty as Muslim to help in what ever way.

Al-Baqarah 2:143

And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way, so that [with your lives] you might bear witness to the truth before all mankind, and that the Apostle might bear witness to it before you.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 04:54 PM
There is loads of proof actually there is hundreds of dead bodies every day in Iraq and Gaza dont defend Bush Blair or Israel they are a disgrace to the peaceful world,

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
ofcorse there is proof look on the news every day

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:14 PM
of course i spelt that wrong first time

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:22 PM
In britain it is just a small minority of Muslims who want to kill people but every Muslim is treated the same in Britain badly so they feel that they have no choice.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:22 PM
In britain it is just a small minority of Muslims who want to kill people but every Muslim is treated the same in Britain badly so they feel that they have no choice but i think if Muslims were treated better then they woundnt want to kill people.

Keltoi
07-07-2007, 05:28 PM
In britain it is just a small minority of Muslims who want to kill people but every Muslim is treated the same in Britain badly so they feel that they have no choice but i think if Muslims were treated better then they woundnt want to kill people.
"If Muslims were treated better they wouldn't want to kill people"? I'm not even Muslim, and I give Muslim people more credit than that.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
The car bombs were a disgrace but you could say why did they do it maybe it is because Britain illegally occupies Iraq and Afghanistan.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Im sorry i ment to say that we need to treat Muslims better throughout the world.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Iam sorry if i have affended anybody.

Skywalker
07-07-2007, 07:47 PM
^ The only thing I'm offended by is the number of e-mail alerts this thread is sending me! lol

What's with all these posts?? Bro, you know that you can write more than one sentence per post...right?

SATalha
07-07-2007, 08:16 PM
lol joker i was thinking the same thing :D :)

Cognescenti
07-07-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
lol joker i was thinking the same thing :D :)
:D :D :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.