/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK jails three for 'online terror'

nevesirth
07-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Three men accused of using the internet to urge violence against non-Muslims have been jailed in the first case of its kind in Britain.

Tariq Al-Daour, Younes Tsouli and Waseem Mughal tried to encourage people to follow the ideology of Osama bin Laden, the al-Qaeda leader, via emails and websites, Woolwich Crown Court was told on Thursday.

The court also heard the computer experts believed there was a global conspiracy against Islam.

Compact discs with instructions for making explosives and poisons were found among their possessions and documents showing how to use a rocket-propelled grenade and make booby traps and a suicide vest.

Acts of violence

Films of hostages and beheadings were also discovered.

Moroccan-born Tsouli, 23, was jailed for 10 years; UAE-born Al-Daour, 21, received a six-and-a-half year sentence; and 24-year-old Mughal, who was born in Britain, was given seven-and-a-half years.

Sentencing them, judge Charles Openshaw said the men had engaged in "cyber jihad", encouraging others to kill "kuffars" or non-believers.

He said: "It would seem that internet websites have become an effective means of communicating such ideas."

However, he also said that none of the men, who were alleged to have close links with al-Qaeda in Iraq, had come close to carrying out acts of violence themselves.

"Incited to murder"

In a separate court case in London, a web designer was convicted of inciting murder during a protest over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad that were published in a Danish newspaper.

Mizanur Rahman, 24, had called for British soldiers in Iraq to be "brought back in body bags" and for "9/11-style attacks" in Europe.

He was arrested after making the remarks via a loudspeaker at a demonstration outside the Danish embassy in London early last year.

Peter Wright, the prosecutor, said Rahman "incited or encouraged others to murder in the name of religion".

Footage of the protest showed Rahman saying: "We want to see them coming home in body bags. We want to see their blood running in the streets of Baghdad.

"We want to see the mujahideen shoot down their planes the way we shoot down birds. We want to see their tanks burn in the way we burn their flags."

He also had placards calling for the beheading of people who insulted Islam.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...56B8F34285.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ISLAMASWEENEY
08-13-2007, 08:20 PM
That Is Way Way Way Too Harsh .

Fishman
08-13-2007, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
:sl:
Why? They were obviously encouraging violence.
:w:

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Yes But Iam Doing That At Times On This I Thought Britain Was A Country Of Free Speech?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
try spittin at the moon and it might just land back on your own face!
no thanx for reviving a long dead thread thus inviting ..... see below

wilberhum
08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes But Iam Doing That At Times On This I Thought Britain Was A Country Of Free Speech?
Freespeach has limits. You can't yell "FIRE" in a crouded room.

beespreeteam
08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
Why? They were obviously encouraging violence.
:w:
Yeah, pretty interesting really. The whole thing will come down whether or not others have been pinged for doing the same thing, including those who aren't Muslim. There's a lot of it, it's the internets for gods sake :p

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Well 10 Years Is Way Too Harsh I Think 1 Year Or 2 Years Would Have Harsh But Nothing To Complain About.

The_Prince
08-14-2007, 03:00 AM
what about ali sina calling for muslims to be nuked? :

ALI SINA:
I don't want to see good people die while Muslim scumbags live and take the world. If any city is nuked I think the world should destroy the Islamic world completely in a way that they can't have any strength to do anything. Any wait would only cause more death. This must be done decisively and immediately. Muslims must get the message loud and clear. If your terrorist brothers nuke one of our cities, we will nuke your world. I bet this will make the Muslims think twice and they then will see they can't play the game of taqyyah saying we are the moderate Muslims and are against terrorism. If you are against terrorism why you follow the terrorist Muhammad? It is like saying, I love Hitler and do whatever he says but I am a peaceful Muslim and I am against killing people. That lie does not wash anymore. If any city in the West is nuked I am 100% for nuking tens of cities in Islamic countries. I don't see Muslims as innocent people. They are all guilty as sin. It is not necessary to be part of al Qaida to be guilty. If you are a Muslim you agree with Muhammad and that is enough evidence against you. (http://www.*****************/forum/v...r=asc&start=15 )

this loser happens to even be called a very wise man by several anti-Islamics and others.

one of his own fans even wrote:

ex-muslim:

^ Ali Sina please re-consider what you wrote there. Remember, a lot of us are ex-muslims so every single member of our family are muslims. Please don't blame them, instead you should feel sorry for them for being born into islam.
Don't wish for them to be nuked. I hope you don't wish that upon my relatives living back home in pakistan.

Thank you.(http://www.*****************/forum/v...r=asc&start=15)

so will this man be arrested too? i mean his comments cant be missed as his site is very popular and he is well known. oh well

NoName55
08-14-2007, 10:03 AM
what about ali sina calling for muslims to be nuked?
did any one take up his advice and nuked us? Is that even Likey? you should know that uncle toms are "whiter" than the white people. They are ever so eager to please them that they will say any thing, do anything to their own kind.

while on the other hand when a terror incitor says something, some ignorant loony is alway available to take-up the "advice" and act on it

Intisar
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
:sl: They are just making the situation worse for Muslims around the world, and the worst part about is that people will think that they represent all of us. :-\

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-14-2007, 03:42 PM
He Is Totally Wrong

NoName55
08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
^^ who is?

bint_khalid
08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
this is old news

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Ali Sina Is For Saying For All Muslims To Be Nuked.

bint_khalid
08-14-2007, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: They are just making the situation worse for Muslims around the world, and the worst part about is that people will think that they represent all of us. :-\
salaams sis, these brothers in particular havent done anything wrong. Its just the whole british "justice system" has gone mad.
You can be a white non muslim, have chemical to make explosvies in your house and all you get is 2 and a half years. this is what happened recently. he was a white extremist.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Yes The British Justice System Has Gone Mad It Used To Be Harsh On The Ira Now It Is Anyone Who Isnt English.

NoName55
08-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Ali Sina Is For Saying For All Muslims To Be Nuked.
thanx, he is one of the uncle toms I was referring to earlier.
The British Justice System Has Gone Mad It Used To Be Harsh On The Ira Now It Is Anyone Who Isnt English.
bit of a nonsensical statement
these brothers in particular havent done anything wrong. Its just the whole british "justice system" has gone mad.
You can be a white non muslim, have chemical to make explosvies in your house and all you get is 2 and a half years. this is what happened recently. he was a white extremist.
ah should one laugh or cry? I've got to stop replying to this thread before I am charged with arguing yet again!

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Right

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.