/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Debate for my Muslim friends

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Hello fellow Muslims weather you are sunni or shiite what do we think about catholic Ethiopia illegally occupying a Muslim country Somalia?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
07-06-2007, 09:26 PM
welcome to LI!
you will find that non-muslims here like to stick their noses in to everything. :D
it probably has to do with the arbitrary way the colonialists made the borders.
that still effects a lot of countries.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Iam sorry if i sounded rude or nasty there

Umar001
07-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Ethiopia aint catholic is it? I thought it was orthodox. Either way I don't think its a big surpise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
07-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Salaama Alaykum!

Interesting topic!

Well, If you really think about it, it was bound to happen. Afterall, Ethiopia is USA-backed, and there are supposed 'terrorists' in Somalia. That gives the Ethiopians a reason to invade Somalia and rid the country of the 'terrorists.' Apparently Al-Qaeda was in there too..lol.

Somalia has been corrupted for quite a while actually, with the Ethiopians coming into my country, I'm not very surprised.

I don't know where I stand on the issue, I don't know enough. :\

W/Salaam

snakelegs
07-06-2007, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Iam sorry if i sounded rude or nasty there
you didn't sound rude or nasty - you were just asking a question.

wilberhum
07-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Should all countries create there borders based on religion?
Should all that belong to the minority religion be forced out?

PS: Another one of those dang agnostics sticking there nose in. :skeleton:

Pk_#2
07-06-2007, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Should all countries create there borders based on religion?
Should all that belong to the minority religion be forced out?

PS: Another one of those dang agnostics sticking there nose in. :skeleton:
What happened to your face bro?

Welcome thread starter :D

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 05:01 PM
The truth is Somalia was without a goverment for at least 15 years then in june or may 2006 the Islamic courts took Mogadishu and for 6 months while they were ruling Somalia there was no violence or bloodshed but as soon as they were removed from power by us puppet Ethiopia along with the Somalian goverment which is a puppet to not only Ethiopia but of course America the Islamic courts union ruled Somalia perfectly but now Somalia is out of control again thanks to America well done again BUSH you war criminal.

snakelegs
07-07-2007, 09:12 PM
we have a number of somali members - maybe they can share their view.
from what they have said in the past, they support the islamic courts and said that they had brought order out of chaos.

Cognescenti
07-07-2007, 09:51 PM
How&#3720to20draw20a20nose205 -

Perhaps the 1st Muslim Expeditionary Force should go in and restore order?

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Fantastic suggestion well done.

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Hello fellow Muslims weather you are sunni or shiite what do we think about catholic Ethiopia illegally occupying a Muslim country Somalia?
Somalia is a Muslim country whose gov't is a puppet gov't that oppresses the people and does whatever it pleases. there hadn't been peace in that land for ages. The Islamic court came along and made that peace possible. Ethiopians fearing Islamic moving taking place wanted to crush them, and US helped by bombing the hell out of somalia in the basis of new "qaeda" activities found there. Not just men, but women and teenagers and 10yr olds were seen coming out of their houses with guns to fight the ethopian to in order to keep their peace.

After ethopia took over, there was murder and rape as is usual when kuffars take over muslim lands. the soldiers were pulling hijabs of the women and forcing them to not wear it, where once these women loved wearing full burqa with freedom.

Allah commands us to fight those who invade our land, violate our property, honor, life. It is not only a command but a obligatory to fight such invasions of Muslim lands.

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Invasion of Somalia a boon for big oil

27 January 1993
By Norm Dixon

Four giant US oil companies stand to make a killing in Somalia if US troops can pacify the strategic African nation, the Los Angeles Times has revealed. The report further undermines US claims that the invasion was a "humanitarian mission" rather than one to defend US military and economic interests in the region.

The report, which appeared on January 18, revealed that almost two-thirds of Somalia was allocated to the oil giants Conoco, Amoco, Chevron and Phillips by the pro-US dictator Mohamed Siad Barre. Barre was overthrown in January 1991.

It seems a significant motive behind the decision of US President George Bush, a former Texas oil magnate, to send troops to Somalia may have been protecting the oil industry's multimillion-dollar investments there.

The LA Times revealed that Conoco, the only major multinational corporation to maintain a functioning office in Mogadishu since 1991, allowed its Mogadishu corporate compound to be transformed into the de facto US embassy before US Marines landed in the capital. The president of the company's subsidiary in Somalia served as the US government's volunteer "facilitator" before and during the intervention.

"They sent all the wrong signals when [ US special envoy Robert] Oakley moved into the Conoco compound", an expert on Somalia who worked with one of the four companies in the late 1980s told the LA Times.

"It's left everyone thinking the big question here isn't famine relief but oil -- whether the oil concessions granted under Siad Barre will be transferred if and when peace is restored. It's potentially worth billions of dollars, and believe me, that's what the whole game is starting to look like."

According to Thomas O'Connor, principal petroleum engineer for the World Bank, who headed a three-year study of the oil prospects in the Gulf of Aden, off Somalia's northern coast, Somalia's oilfields have "high [commercial] potential ... once the Somalis get their act together".

In 1991 a World Bank-coordinated study, geologists put Somalia and Sudan at the top of the list of eight prospective commercial oil producers.

In 1986, Conoco, Amoco, Chevron, Phillips and, briefly, Shell obtained exploration licences for northern Somalia from Siad Barre's government. Somalia was carved up into concessions, with Conoco, Amoco and Chevron winning the right to explore and exploit the most promising ones. The companies' interest in Somalia was sparked by the mid-'80s discovery of an estimated 1 billion barrels of oil across the Gulf of Aden in Yemen. Geologists believe those reserves are part of a great field that extends into and across northern Somalia.

The Yemeni operation now yields nearly 200,000 barrels of oil a day. Then vice president George Bush was on hand to officially open the Texas-based Hunt Oil Corporation's refinery in Yemen in April 1986. In his speech, which concluded a 10-day Middle East tour, Bush stressed "the growing strategic importance to the West of developing crude oil sources in the region away from the Strait of Hormuz". The Strait of Hormuz controls access to the Persian Gulf and its vast oil reserves.

United Press International reported soon after: "Throughout the course of his 17,000-mile trip, Bush suggested continued low [oil] prices would jeopardise a domestic oil industry `vital to the national security interests of the United States', which was interpreted at home and abroad as a sign the one-time oil driller from Texas was coming to the aid of his former associates".

Since the US invasion of Somalia on December 9 little has been said in public about Somalia's potential for oil and natural gas production.

http://www.greenleft.org.au/1993/85/4766

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:06 PM
U.S. invasion of Somalia

OPERATION RESTORE HOPE = OPERATION RESTORE ORDER

How did things get so bad?

The U.S. and the foormer Soviet Union spent the last two decades building up the military forces in both Somalia and Ethiopia, each switching sides in the mid-70s. During the 1980s, the U.S. supplied approximately $700 million worth of "foreign aid." (weapons and food ) to the Somalian dictator Siad Barre. The U.S. sole concern was to maintain a regme subordinate to U.S. political and military interests in the volatile area of the Middle East and to directlly counter the Soviet presence in Ethiopia. The Soviet Union collapsed and exited Ethiopia in the late 80s.. Civil war developed in Somalia.. The U.S. continued to support brutal Barre regime "til he lost power in the summer of 1991. Drought, starvation and civil war had already taken a toll of millions in the Horn of Africa and the crisis worsened when the U.S. abandoned Somalia after years of creating its total dependency on imported food.

Why has the U.S. returned and why now?

The larger relief organizations such as The Red Crescent/Red Cross agencies (ICRC) and Save The Children have been successfully operating in Somalia for well over a year. During this time, the U.N. and U.S. connected relief organizations. have complained that over 80% of their food was being looted, limiting their success. Contrary to media reports which have totally perverted the real story, the crisis seems to revolve around those agencies that refuse to negotiate with the Somali clans. At the same time, even the relatively meager supplies promised to these agencies by the U.S. were not delivered. Again, contrary to media presentation of relief workers welcoming the military, many have criticized the U.S. because the relief efforts in Somalia have been all but shut down under the military occupation by the U.S. It seems the priority of this U.S. force is to impose its own relief plan regardless of any existing efforts that have been functioning with negotiated agreements that recognize the clan infrastructure . The timing on this invasion is more than suspicious. The U.S., in the midst of the changing of the guard, faces a growing dissatisfaction in the way the country is being run. The U.S. Armed Forces are sweating spending cuts and are frantic to justify their $300 billion a year budget in this post-Cold War era. Even the main stream press, The Seattle Times, 12/7/92, touts in its Somalia headlines, "For Marines, crisis comes in handy."

* This invasion could also be viewed as a test run on many levels. They have chosen a region where there is almost no opposition or economic interest by other nations. Here, the military is able to test deployment speed, troop movement and weaponry with little risk. They are working on and improving their new model for military actions in the face of the changing political conditions around the world. In a Seattle Times editorial, Somalia was said to have the,"perfect laboratory conditions for invasion."

* Through the United Nations, the U.S. rulers are testing out relationships with the junior imperialists and Third World rulers. The U.S. is forging and testing loyalties. They"re finding out who will lie in the gutters with them and how much will it cost to buy them. Who will they prop up in power in Somalia before they leave?

* During the last year we have been overwhelmed with pictures of thousands of poor, starving, and ill Somalian people. With all of the resources, it is criminal for people to starve anywhere in the world today. The people in Somalia ARE in desperate need. But we have to remember how the U.S. has used the media in the past to paint their picture of reality and crisis. The U.S. is again using the media to manipulate our emotions to meet their own needs, not the Somalian peoples needs. We see pictures of starving Somalians, do we see who ruined their economy and lives? We hear them refer to "armed thugs," do we learn who armed them? Like the Persian Gulf War, the U.S. government is honing its ability to control public opinion through control of the media, and the media is falling all over themselves to help.

Racist chauvinism

Operation Restore Hope is another case of the "white man"s burden," that supposed supreme mandate to take care of the "less fortunate" around the world. But the reality is one of take from not take care of. When was the last time we invaded a "white" country? Grenada, Panama, Iraq and now Somalia, all are non-European nations, so-called "Third World" countries who "could not survive without U.S. help." Of course, the fact that the U.S. has more prisoners per capita than any other country on this earth, or that it is crumbling under the weight of its own violence, poverty and economic crisis is of no significance. The U.S. will arrogantly presume to tell the African clanspeople of Somalia that "we know better" and "we will fix it for you." The people of Somalia are not helpless. They were better off before the U.S. and the other colonial imperialists came and will be better off when they have left for good. The White House doesn"t give a **** about starving people, whether in Somalia or on the streets of Washington, D.C. They will starve people for political reasons just as readily as they will feed them for political reasons. And while they pat themselves on their humanitarian backs, these U.S. rulers are continuing to uphold brutal sanctions against the people of Iraq -withholding food, medicine and chemicals used to purify the water, causing thousands to needlessly die. We know that humanitarianism has never flowed from the barrels of U.S. weapons. In spite of their words, we have seen the reality the U.S. military brings; suffering, death, destruction and oppression.

Humanitarianism Never Flows From the Barrel of a U.S. Weapon
Oppose the U.S. Invasion of Somalia, Troops Out Now !

Vietnam Veterans Against the War Anti-Imperialist
PO Box 95172, Seattle, WA 98145-2172
Phone (206) 328-4377 FAX (206) 528-1342

http://www.etext.org/Politics/VVAWAI/somalia.statement

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks a lot for that.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Didnt Ethiopia have a dictator called Menigutsu or something like that and didnt Eritea help Islamic courts in the war.

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Somali Woman accuses Ethiopian soldiers of rape and torture
March 15th, 2007
Aweys Osman Yusuf

A Somali woman has revealed at a press conference in Mogadishu that she was tortured and raped by Ethiopian soldiers.

Suuban Maalin Ali Hassan
, 37 year old mother of eight children talked to journalists with presence of her husband inside her house over the ordeal she faced last Saturday as she was on her way near Elirfid, north east of Mogadishu.

“Last Saturday, as I was driving my donkey-cart loaded with grass near Elirfid settlement, two Ethiopians armed with AK 47 came straight at me suddenly after they come out of a detour. They stopped me under gunpoint and forcibly held me to the ground and then everything went against my willing” said Suuban, while weeping.

Suuban said the Ethiopian soldiers did everything to her, including rape and beatings. “After they were done with me, they told me to walk off and not to look back, threatening they will kill me if I do glance back to take a good look at them,” Suuban said.

Ahmed Ali Hassan, Husband of Suuban also spoke to the newsmen said,
“My wife was raped and tortured by Ethiopian soldiers so that I am calling on everyone who can help to rush to our help”

The husband also said that he took his wife to Keysaney hospital, one of the major hospitals in Mogadishu for check up.

“Doctors at Keysaney advised us not to have an intercourse for six months to find out whether my wife was infected with HIV. Also the doctor counseled my wife not to breastfeed our youngest baby during the six-month period, said Ahmed.

The news came as Ethiopian premier, Meles Zenawi, told the press that the remaining Ethiopian troops would be withdrawn from Somalia immediately.
“We are looking forward to withdraw our left two third troops,” he said.
Regarding the continuous attack on AU’s Ugandan peacekeepers since their arrival and other attacks in the capital Mogadishu, Meles said the situation on the ground is not as exaggerated as the media presented it.

“Not a single Ugandan soldier was harmed. I don’t see anything that can hinder the peace and reconciliation process in the country,” he said.
Meanwhile an Ethiopian military convoy supported by tanks and battlewagons was attacked Tuesday as it was leaving the capital for southern Somalia.

Witnesses said the Ethiopians were traveling out of the capital when unknown gunmen attacked them around KM4 junction, south of Mogadishu.

Shabelle Media Network Somalia

E-mail us: www.shabelle.net

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Somalia: Ethiopian soldiers accused of rape Aweys Osman Yusuf

Mogadishu 15, April.07 ( Sh.M.Network)

Speaking with journalists, an 18 year old Somali girl said she was raped by Ethiopian soldiers in Mogadishu’s Hamar Bille neighborhood.

Fardowsa Abdi Hashi told local stringers that she was tortured and raped by more than 10 Ethiopian soldiers.

To my knowledge 12 Ethiopians raped me. I went unconscious,” she said.

She is the second woman raped by Ethiopian soldiers based in Mogadishu so far. Suban Moalim Ali was raped by Ethiopian soldiers based around El-Arfid on the suburb of Mogadishu on early March.

Spokesman for Mogadishu powerful Hawiye clan, Derie Ali, condemned the incident calling it a violation against humanity.

He called on the international community to do something about Ethiopian human rights violations against the Somali people.

http://www.shabelle.net/news/ne2743.htm

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Well done again.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:22 PM
What is so funny is that America is blasting Sudan for no human rights in Darfur but they are backing Ethiopia who dont give a monkeys about human rights.

Amadeus85
07-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Hello fellow muslims, whether you are sunni or shiite what do you think about muslim Turkey illegaly occupying a christian Cyprus?

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Hello fellow muslims, whether you are sunni or shiite what do you think about muslim Turkey illegaly occupying a christian Cyprus?
what do you think of your gov't illegally occupying afghan and iraq? and your best allies and your masters, Israel illegally occupying Palestine?

now get back to the topic or get lost.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:29 PM
If you studyied youre history you will find out that Turkish people living in northern Cyprus were getting murdered and beaten up by the greek backed goverment of Cyprus at the time so Turkey had to invade to protect Turkish civilians.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
My goverment is a disgrace so iam a disgrace but iam converting to Islam.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I Dont Like Israel Either I Back Hizbollah And Hamas And As A Result Get Beaten Up Everyday By English People.

Amadeus85
07-07-2007, 10:33 PM
If you studyied youre history you will find out that Turkish people living in northern Cyprus were getting murdered and beaten up by the greek backed goverment of Cyprus at the time so Turkey had to invade to protect Turkish civilians.

Yes, Turks lived in northern cyprus after Osman Empire invaded and conquered Cyprus. :) Before this, Cyprus was since centuries christian nation.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes but Cyprus is devided Muslim north pathetic christian south

Amadeus85
07-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes but Cyprus is devided Muslim north pathetic christian south
Yes after the muslim invasion.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Good point but you dont seem to understand that Turkey had to invade to protect its people.

islamirama
07-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, Turks lived in northern cyprus after Osman Empire invaded and conquered Cyprus. :) Before this, Cyprus was since centuries christian nation.
Spain was Muslim contry for 500yrs, that's lot of centuries.

NobleMuslimUK
07-07-2007, 10:55 PM
:sl:
The western (kuffars) has always been occupiers if you look at history, they cant stand when peace comes to a land through Islam, so they use their devilish divide and conquer tactic. They actually believe they can stop from Islam dominating this whole planet Inshallah. The christian missionaries are exploiting starving muslims who are poverty struck by telling they will be helped if they disown Islam. If muslims wanna go and restore peace in their own lands then we are called "terrorist' and "Al-qaeda".

Cognescenti
07-07-2007, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
And before part of Spain was under Muslim control. What was it? Tick tock

Amadeus85
07-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Good point but you dont seem to understand that Turkey had to invade to protect its people.
Well its a good excuse. So now after they protected they people they can take tham away to Turkey and stop illegaly occupying Cyprus.

Amadeus85
07-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Yes, after Arabs invasion , Spain was muslim country.

Amadeus85
07-07-2007, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
The western (kuffars) has always been occupiers if you look at history, they cant stand when peace comes to a land through Islam, so they use their devilish divide and conquer tactic. They actually believe they can stop from Islam dominating this whole planet Inshallah. The christian missionaries are exploiting starving muslims who are poverty struck by telling they will be helped if they disown Islam. If muslims wanna go and restore peace in their own lands then we are called "terrorist' and "Al-qaeda".
Well, muslims were occupiers too. Just go and ask Greeks,Serbs, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Bosniaks,Sycylians, Spaniards.

Zman
07-08-2007, 02:02 AM

Since some of you guys love to use this argument with Muslims, then, what was Cyprus before it was invaded and occupied by Christians?

Christianity isn't that old, and they inavded other lands and occupied other peoples, way before Muslims appeared.

What about all those poor souls who were forced to convert into Christianity ?

What happened to those poor souls who decided to leave Christianity? They were put to the sword...

wilberhum
07-09-2007, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zman

Since some of you guys love to use this argument with Muslims, then, what was Cyprus before it was invaded and occupied by Christians?

Christianity isn't that old, and they inavded other lands and occupied other peoples, way before Muslims appeared.

What about all those poor souls who were forced to convert into Christianity ?

What happened to those poor souls who decided to leave Christianity? They were put to the sword...
Everyone knows (But not everyone admits), all religions are spread by the sword.

Zman
07-09-2007, 01:21 AM

Spain was Islamic for 800 years, bro.

Portugal was Islamic for 500 years...

Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY

You're right on that point.

But there is a far more important point which seems to be deliberately neglected:

Turkey was forced to enter the Cypriot crisis primarily due to the fact that Athens was plotting with Cypriot sympathizers (politicians & generals) to stage a coup, then ask for the unification of Cyprus with Greece.

Therefore, Turkey couldn't stand around and let that plot bear fruit, so it was forced to intervene...

KAding
07-09-2007, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
welcome to LI!
you will find that non-muslims here like to stick their noses in to everything. :D
it probably has to do with the arbitrary way the colonialists made the borders.
that still effects a lot of countries.
Ethiopia was never colonized though (only occupied by Italy for a few years in the mid 20th century)! So we can't be blamed for this particular African conflict unfortunately. Ethiopia is an OLD country.

KAding
07-09-2007, 12:21 PM
The truth is Somalia was without a goverment for at least 15 years then in june or may 2006 the Islamic courts took Mogadishu and for 6 months while they were ruling Somalia there was no violence or bloodshed but as soon as they were removed from power by us puppet Ethiopia along with the Somalian goverment which is a puppet to not only Ethiopia but of course America the Islamic courts union ruled Somalia perfectly but now Somalia is out of control again thanks to America well done again BUSH you war criminal.
Ethiopia has its own beef with the Islamic Courts Union though, independent of the US counter-terrorist involvement. I reminds me of an old Dutch proverb: "A good neighbor is more valuable than a far friend"!

Bittersteel
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Ethiopia is another of them Non-Muslim sub-contractors(not my term exactly but gives you the idea I hope what I am trying to mean),who are now trying to act tough on their poorer and weaker Muslim neighbours.They act aggressively towards the Islamist lot and claim to fight 'terrorism'.
IMO no matter what Washington says ,the Islamic courts weren't terrorists to me.I find it ironic that the US were supporting the Ethiopians,whereas once the Islamic courts were taking action against the pirates prowling near the Somali coast.

KAding
07-09-2007, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
Ethiopia is another of them Non-Muslim sub-contractors(not my term exactly but gives you the idea I hope what I am trying to mean),who are now trying to act tough on their poorer and weaker Muslim neighbours.They act aggressively towards the Islamist lot and claim to fight 'terrorism'.
IMO no matter what Washington says ,the Islamic courts weren't terrorists to me.I find it ironic that the US were supporting the Ethiopians,whereas once the Islamic courts were taking action against the pirates prowling near the Somali coast.
But why are the Ethiopians hostile to the ICU? Maybe because they have essentially claimed Ogaden, which is part of Ethiopia? Threats to its territorial integrity is enough to make any state hostile.

The US is not the only actor with interest in this! Dozens of countries are involved in Somalia and actively arming one side of the other.

sudais1
07-10-2007, 03:01 AM
Well, muslims were occupiers too. Just go and ask Greeks,Serbs, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Bosniaks,Sycylians, Spaniards.
when muslims invaded we invaded peacefullu unlike the christians, like in 1099 when the crusaders took jerusalem the killed so many muslims untill the blood reached there ankles. thats nasty, infact while the muslims held spain there was peace and a great economy within. The jews even followed the muslim from spain after they left because the christians treated them harshly.

Back on topic

As a somali, our country witnessed the best possible peace during the islamic courts rule. we had city buses for the first time and everybody had running water. schools were flourishing and the economy was beginning to recover. there was peace all about everywhere. Maybe we could have even made our economy stable enough to bring out all th oil we have and make profit from it and begin to rebuild the country and become a great country. but the americans thought that we should not have peace and sent ethiopia to our lands. may the curse of god befall george bush and all the follows him he ruined my country right when we found peace. now we might not find peace for the next 20 years

until i grow up and take somalia that is :D

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 03:38 AM
when muslims invaded we invaded peacefullu
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
You can't have your head that far in the sand. :hiding:

islamirama
07-10-2007, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
You can't have your head that far in the sand. :hiding:
There were even non-Muslims who urged and pleaded the Muslims to invade their lands. They were sick of the tyrants running their country and Muslims' fame was far and wide in how just they were, even to non-Muslims living in their empire.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
There were even non-Muslims who urged and pleaded the Muslims to invade their lands. They were sick of the tyrants running their country and Muslims' fame was far and wide in how just they were, even to non-Muslims living in their empire.
Well that would be the truth in some cases. :thumbs_up False in others. :thumbs_do

But even a requested invasion would not be peaceful. :playing:

KAding
07-10-2007, 06:26 PM
You mean like many Iraqi exiles, Kurds and Shiites who urged the US to intervene in Iraq? :?

islamirama
07-10-2007, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
You mean like many Iraqi exiles, Kurds and Shiites who urged the US to intervene in Iraq? :?
Are you saying International Law doesn't applly to US?

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
The Mahdi Army only came into existece because America had toppled hero e.g Saddam Hussein tikriti.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
The Mahdi Army only came into existece because America had toppled hero e.g Saddam Hussein tikriti.
You forgot to add LOL.

snakelegs
07-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Ethiopia was never colonized though (only occupied by Italy for a few years in the mid 20th century)! So we can't be blamed for this particular African conflict unfortunately. Ethiopia is an OLD country.
looks to me like it was carved up by different colonizers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia
In 1949 the U.N. gave Somalia as a protectorate to Italy until it achieved independence in 1960. The Ogaden province of Somalia was given to the now repatriated Ethiopian government by the British Empire. The United Kingdom kept British Somaliland (now Somaliland or northern Somalia) under its colonial rule. The French too kept Djibouti under colonial administration, and Djibouti would not gain independence until 1977. Though Somalis and other Africans fought hard on the Allied side in World War II, they were re-subjugated soon after the conflict. The bitterness of lost hope strengthened the long struggle against colonialism, and in most parts of Africa, including Somalia, independence movements and liberation struggles occurred.

Bittersteel
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
But why are the Ethiopians hostile to the ICU? Maybe because they have essentially claimed Ogaden, which is part of Ethiopia? Threats to its territorial integrity is enough to make any state hostile.
okay I forgot that.Other than that Ethiopia has it's own interests.The route to the waters for example.
so what's the situation in Somalia right now?The Ethiopian troops still in Somalia?

al-muslimah
07-10-2007, 07:22 PM
the invasion of somalia by the kuffar ethiopians was pathetic but saw it coming.From the minute the union of islamic courts came into power they said oh man we got to do something and of course their ally in corruption USA came in to help them.well allah will give us our strength back and he said so in this ayah;inal arda lilahi yurithuha ma yashu min ibadihi wal aqibatu lil muttaqeen.verily the earth is allah's he gives inherits it to whom he wills and in the end it is for the believers.INSHALLAH!!

KAding
07-10-2007, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
looks to me like it was carved up by different colonizers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia
In 1949 the U.N. gave Somalia as a protectorate to Italy until it achieved independence in 1960. The Ogaden province of Somalia was given to the now repatriated Ethiopian government by the British Empire. The United Kingdom kept British Somaliland (now Somaliland or northern Somalia) under its colonial rule. The French too kept Djibouti under colonial administration, and Djibouti would not gain independence until 1977. Though Somalis and other Africans fought hard on the Allied side in World War II, they were re-subjugated soon after the conflict. The bitterness of lost hope strengthened the long struggle against colonialism, and in most parts of Africa, including Somalia, independence movements and liberation struggles occurred.
But Ogaden was already part of Ethiopia before the imperialist intervened, so how can they be blamed? Unlike many other borders in Africa, this border was already drawn before the imperialist power claimed anything.

snakelegs
07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
But Ogaden was already part of Ethiopia before the imperialist intervened, so how can they be blamed? Unlike many other borders in Africa, this border was already drawn before the imperialist power claimed anything.
hmmm. as you can tell, i'm pretty ignorant about somalia! i know some of the borders that were drawn split people or threw people together who didn't want to be together. but again, i know very little about somalia.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Somalia was a US allie against Ehiopia in the ogaden wernt they.

snakelegs
07-12-2007, 01:14 AM
try this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogaden_War

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
What i meant was that Saddam Hussein is not just a mARTYR BUT A MASSIVE HUGE HERO FOR THE JOB HE DID IN STABALISING IRAQ

wilberhum
08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
What i meant was that Saddam Hussein is not just a mARTYR BUT A MASSIVE HUGE HERO FOR THE JOB HE DID IN STABALISING IRAQ
A MASSIVE HUGE HERO? :-\
He caused the death of millions of Muslims and you call him a Huge Hero?:skeleton:

Wow.
:raging: :?

KAding
08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
How did he achieve this stabilization do you think?

1. Totalitarian control over society and power = Full control
2. Murdering those who opposed the regime by the hundreds of thousands = No opposition
3. Keeping out any journalists = No free press

Sure it is effective. But it is also immoral.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.