/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

Henry
08-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikam waramatuallah wabarakatu Brothers and Sisters :)

There are no Mosques within even a half an hour from my house, plus I can never, ever get a ride to one even though I am willing every day. So today around prayer I was thinking if there was anyway if I could talk to whoever is in charge of the town and get a Mosque built. I really have no idea who I should talk to, or how I should start. I'd do anything to get a Mosque built in my town. Without a doubt, I would be there helping to build it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
F.Y.
08-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Alhamdulillah brother i am so happy to see that there are people like you out there.
First of all, i think you should go and view sites where the potantial mosque couold be built. Basically, go to a real estate shop and ask for land that is available in the area, cost, etc. After that, i havent a clue what to do, but if you ask them im sure they would help. Im thinking you have to get that site approved by some higher authority. It depends where you live, I believe in the UK you might want to phone some local council member - check up in the phone directory or ask the real estate people.
May Allah reward you and bless you for your endeavour to spread deen and may He make things easier for you.
I'll be sure to remember you in my duas.
Your sister in Islam.

saf
08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
salaam in regards to ur post allhumdulliah it is really gudwot ur thinkin my allah help u succed in it. i would have to agree to wot the sister befor me has suggested but i would lyk suggested one more thing whch get sum pertetions signed it will u a lot wen u go a head to the authuritys or who ever deals with these matters

may allah help u succed
wasllam

TEH
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Number 1:

You need to find out how many Muslims there are in your town.

Number 2:

Like the sis said, you need to approach the council, I dont know for you Americans it might be your mayoral office, I havent got a clue, and go to them, and talk to them. For all you know, they might even give you a place for free, if there are enough Muslims there...]

:)

And Masha Allah, goon on ya for wanting to build a mosque..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ChasingRainbows
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Salam Alaikum,

The easiest thing for you to do would be to move a town with muslims and mosques.

TEH
08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
And give up all that hasanah for building a mosque....

:D

Danish
08-24-2005, 03:12 PM
:sl:
mashallah...where abouts do u live bro?

Henry
08-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikam waramatuallah wabarakatu Brothers and Sisters

Thanks for all of your advice. I wonder if I can check online if there is a database about how many Muslims there are locally.

I live in Pennsylvania, USA.

TEH
08-24-2005, 03:45 PM
The local council should have that figure too mate...

:)

mahdisoldier19
08-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Assalama Alakam brothers and sisters

,As i allways told you brother Inshallah you will get guided :) I know how much you want to go to a mosque so badly, Just remember Keep the prayers up and im with you and we journey through Afghanistan and carry the black flags!!! :)

Labaik Ya Allah
08-24-2005, 11:17 PM
may allah help you bro

ummnoura
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I live about a half hour from the nearest mosque but we have something called an Islamic center. Its in a office park, kinda like a business mall. People go there to pray and they have classes, etc. Honestly i tried to go once and it was closed and i haven't been back. Its hard to go with a baby, but this is an idea. They use an existinng building. Im sure local businesses and muslims pay for the rent and bills etc. Also i'm sure they get tax credit and stuff to help. I would contact the next closest mosque, by phone if need be, and tell them your idea etc. Maybe they know who can help you. Good Luck Brother.

P.S. Give the sisters enough room if you do get the chance to build!!

abdulqadir
08-25-2005, 01:02 AM
may allah help you and i wish the best for you and i will pray everyday for you to go to heaven assalamu aleykum my fellow brother in islam

Henry
08-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu Brothers and Sisters!

Thank you so much for the kind words Abdulgadir, you will be in my prayers as well :)
If I did have any say at all in the size/shape of it, I would definately want to have equal sections for men and women. I have heard about the women's portion being all small, and that is just rude in my opinion. Inshallah I will find out more tomorrow.

F.Y.
08-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Alternatively, maybe as some of the members may have suggested above, find a room to hire in some sort of centre? Sorry brother, i havent a clue about the situation in the US, what i have told you on the first page is based on the australian procedure of doing things like this. Im sure it may be similar in the US.

um mohamed
09-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Salam

I found that in these towns in your state have Moques

Beaver Falls (1) Lansdale (1) Steelton (1)
Chester (3) Monroeville (1) Stroudsburg (1)
Coatesville (2) New Castle (1) Sunbury (1)
Devon (1) Norristown (1) West Chester (2)
Emmaus (1) Oakland (1) Wilkes Barre (1)
Erie (1) Philadelphia (17) WilkesBarre (1)
Harrisburg (2) Pittsburgh (6) Wilkinsburg (1)
Johnstown (1) State College (1)

If you go to google .com you can put in mosques in pennsylvania and it gives you a list hope this is useful. :wasalaam:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!