/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A 3 Minute Exercise

itsme
07-07-2007, 03:49 AM
:sl:

A simple exercise for you all. Please work it out and share with us up till which question you have been able to answer. Now don't cheat. Time yourself. Only 3 minutes not more.

A 3 MINUTE EXERCISE

1. Read everything before doing anything.
2. Write your name on the upper right hand corner of this paper.
3. Underline your surname.
4. Do this simple sum: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = ________________
5. If you have followed the instructions so far please RAISE BOTH YOUR HANDS.
6. LOUDLY, call out your name.
7. Slap your neighbour on the back.
8. Obtain the result of 5 X 6 X 7 = ______________
9. Minus 135 from the result obtained from sentence 8.
10. Say loudly A, B, C, C, D, E, F, G.
11. Put a circle around the answer obtained in sentence 8.
12. If you have followed the instructions do far go to the front of the class and say “I HAVE”.
13. On the reverse side of this paper, write the alphabets in capital letters on the top of the paper.
14. Circle the 2nd, 5th, 19th and 20th alphabets.
15. Write your name on the upper right hand corner of this page of this page also.
16. Put an “X” in the lower right hand corner of this page.
17. Draw a circle around the “X” you just made.
18. Put a “Y” in the lower left hand corner of this page.
19. When you have finished reading everything, do only questions 2 and 3.
20. Draw a square around the “Y” you just made.
21. Put your signature below this line.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
itsme
07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Assalaamualaikum!

It seems the exercise is very boring so that nobody wants to attempt it. In fact it's a very interesting exercise, especially for students. I'll explain its importance when i get results insha allah.

Pk_#2
07-09-2007, 02:33 PM

DUN

rozeena
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM
yeh i remeber doing sumfing like dis in year 6 at school where at the top it sed Read evryfing b4 answering any questions. n at da bottom it sed nw u have read it sit dwn quietly.bt evri1 didnt read it soo der were all struggling trying 2 answa da qusetions. was sooooo funni. its reali cool tho.jus shows you should read wt it tells u to so lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
itsme
07-09-2007, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
jus shows you should read wt it tells u to so lol

:D Exactly. That's a problem lots of students (and even grown-ups) often have. They don't take the time to read instructions and questions but rather just start jotting down. I had a friend who, in her final univ year, made a mistake like this. Her paper consisted of 2 sections. The paper required that you answer 2 qns from section A and 2 qns from section B. But she didn't take the time to read the instructions, so spent all her time answering all questions in section A which left no time for section B at all.

Even in gcse/gce papers, you have an instruction which says "do not use correction fluid", but again students don't take the time to read instructions and use correction fluid and very often they forget to fill in the space which they left to dry making them lose marks unnecessarily.

Not only instructions, it's also important to always have a go through all the questions on a paper before attempting any of them.

That was the point of this exercise. To show the importance of reading. And the first instruction said "Read everything before doing anything"... :clever: :lol:

:w:

itsme
07-09-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

DUN

Well done sis!!! :D

Pk_#2
07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme

Well done sis!!! :D
lol jazakillah khair wa barak Allah fiki :D

SUMMAYAH
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
lol!

strider
07-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Grrr.

The Ruler
07-14-2007, 12:52 PM
We went through this in class... out of 24, none of us got it right. Amazing huh?

:w:

itsme
07-14-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Grrr.

:? :? :?

Muezzin
07-18-2007, 11:40 PM
1. Read everything before doing anything.
Saw that and scanned for the catch at the end. It's a good exercise though.

Yanal
07-18-2007, 11:53 PM
:sl: :sl:
I do not get what is the purpose meaning motive of this exercise for fun,wasting time or something else...

snakelegs
07-19-2007, 02:11 AM
it's to teach you that many people do not read everything first when following directions - even if the first one tells them to read everything first.
if they had, they would have known only to answer 2 & 3.
i am guilty of this too - it's laziness.

syilla
07-19-2007, 02:14 AM
I usually read all the questions first then get confused.

alibaba
08-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.