/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arab League to visit Israel

wilberhum
07-09-2007, 06:41 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...1790278D34.htm
The Arab League is to send envoys to Israel for the first time to discuss an Arab peace initiative and how it might support the embattled Palestinian president.

Sunday's announcement by diplomats from both sides came as Israel's cabinet approved the release of 250 Palestinian prisoners to bolster Mahmoud Abbas in his power struggle with Hamas.
Jordan's foreign ministry said its minister, Abdul-Ilah al-Khatib and Egyptian counterpart Ahmed Aboul Gheit would arrive in Jerusalem on Thursday for talks with the Israeli prime minister and other senior officials.
There is more, I just don’t do massive copy/past posts. :hiding:

I think this is really good news. :peace: :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
07-10-2007, 04:20 AM
Nothing? As I suspected, this is an attempt at peace and no one is interested.
Now I bet if I titled it "A thousand and one reasons to hate Israel", or "The Evil of Israel", there would be hundreds of views and dozens of posts.

Sad!

thirdwatch512
07-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Hopefully a peace agreement will come about and the vioelnce will stop.

This seems to be one of the biggest efforts in a while.. Coincidentially, it comes after the prisoners were released.

I pray that peace will come! I hope it is a success!

Muezzin
07-10-2007, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Nothing? As I suspected, this is an attempt at peace and no one is interested.
Now I bet if I titled it "A thousand and one reasons to hate Israel", or "The Evil of Israel", there would be hundreds of views and dozens of posts.

Sad!
To get a bit misanthropic, humanity tends to love conflict. It makes good reading, good television, good video games. To a lot of human beings, peace is... boring. What's there to moan about when everything is perfect? Where's the fun in that?

But to get to the topic, it is good news. I hope that this helps peace to be achieved eventually. If the trouble in Northern Ireland could be dealt with, I have sincere hope that peace could be achieved in other conflicts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joe98
07-10-2007, 11:01 AM
There cannot be peace while Israel occupies Muslim lands.

-

Bittersteel
07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
not only that some Palestinians believe the modern day Israel nation has no right to exist,mainly owing to how the state was established.then there is the issue with Jerusalem.

thirdwatch512
07-10-2007, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

-
And why exactly is that?

You know, when the Jews took over Israel, 400,000 muslims were kicked out. Yes, it was a great loss, and very sad. BUT, little does the media tell you that 600,000 Jews were kicked out of arab lands and forced to move to Israel. When I say force, I am not talking about ALL of them, but a good majority were. Yup.. The arabs kicked them out! Did you know that Tunisia used to have one of the biggest Jewish populations?

So while it is definetely a VERY great loss and tragic that 400,000 people had to leave their homes, where they grew up and such, please do not forget about the 600,000 Jews that had to move out.

Although I can understand why one could be frustrated with Israel, people have got to accept that Israel is there, and they will not leave. No matter how much pressure you put on them. Therefore, it's either peace, or violence nonstop until thousands of people on both sides are dead.

So hopefully people would wish for peace, and at least give it a try. War has not worked for the past 30+ years.. What makes you think it will work now?

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

-
Why?
Is peace never an option?

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
not only that some Palestinians believe the modern day Israel nation has no right to exist,mainly owing to how the state was established.then there is the issue with Jerusalem.
So do you want the distruction of Israel more than peace?

Keltoi
07-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Jerusalem should be a neutral territory equally shared by Jews, Christians, and Muslims. That is the only logical fix for that problem.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Jerusalem should be a neutral territory equally shared by Jews, Christians, and Muslims. That is the only logical fix for that problem.
That is one of the thousand fixes needed.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Israel will never let Palestine be a independent country with dialogue so this meeting is just a complete waste of time Israel needs to recongnise Hamas because they control the Gaza Strip not Fatah and Abbas the puppet.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Israel will never let Palestine be a independent country with dialogue so this meeting is just a complete waste of time Israel needs to recongnise Hamas because they control the Gaza Strip not Fatah and Abbas the puppet.
It is interesting you have Israel all figured out. You must have vast experience in the area.
Israel needs to recognise Hamas? Homas wants to distroy Israel. As long is peace is off the table, why would Israel talk to them.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
LOL i mean they must respect that Hamas controls the Gaza strip not pro Israel Fatah.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 07:40 PM
LOL i mean they must respect that Hamas controls the Gaza strip not pro Israel Fatah.
Why do armed gangs who overthrow the ligament government deserve respect? :thumbs_do

Am I to assume that you have great respect for the Maliki government. :D

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Hamas is a orginised political group and militant group ofcourse or by the way who won Palestian elections in January 2006 er er er or yeah it was HAMAS not Fatah and i hate the Iraqi PUPPET goverment ran by al Malaki.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Hamas is a orginised political group and militant group ofcourse or by the way who won Palestian elections in January 2006 er er er or yeah it was HAMAS not Fatah and i hate the Iraqi PUPPET goverment ran by al Malaki.
Hamas won the majority not the totality. I guess since the Democrats won the majority of Congress, it would be ok for them to kick out or kill every Republican Mayor South of the Mason Dixie line.

But I see that all of this makes little difference. Like you, the majority don’t want peace.

Trumble
07-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Hamas got 44.45% of the vote on a 74.6% turnout, i.e just under one third of Palestinians eligible to vote voted for Hamas. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the subsequent take-over by force in Gaza!

As to a 'puppet' government in Iraq.. one voted for (taking into account the make-up of the coalition) by a significantly greater percentage than supported Hamas, incidently, who exactly do you think has a better mandate to rule Iraq? Which particular group of militant lunatics did you have in mind, and how do you suggest they peacefully convince everybody else they are right for the job? Or should everyone just keep 'attacking' everybody else until only one group is left? :mmokay:

LOL i mean they must respect that Hamas controls the Gaza strip not pro Israel Fatah
Fatah are not "pro Israel" .. you really ought to learn just a little history. They have, though, learned to be realists. They learned that during thirty years of struggle, alone, before there even was a Hamas.

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Well why does Abbas the leader of Fatah meet Olmert the Israeli prime minister all the time the Iraqi goverment is a puppet to the Americans and Brittish Al Malaki should stand on his own two feet and ask them to leave.

Trumble
07-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Well why does Abbas the leader of Fatah meet Olmert the Israeli prime minister all the time
Because they have a lot to talk about. Like it or not Israel still has considerable indirect influence over what happens in the Palestinian territories (even Gaza with Hamas in 'control'). Abbas' job has responsibilities, to help his people it is necessary to discuss and negotiate regarding such things as security, work permits, trade restrictions, medical care, so on and so forth. Accepting those responsibilities, he does not have the luxury of behaving like a sulking schoolboy.

the Iraqi goverment is a puppet to the Americans and Brittish Al Malaki should stand on his own two feet and ask them to leave.
In another post you have been exhorting the Shia and Sunni militias to stop fighting each other and "attack" the Iraqi security forces! It has nothing to do with 'standing on his own two feet' and everything to do with his belief that the country will collapse into civil war should the Americans and British leave prior to government forces becoming able to do the job themselves. He is almost certainly right.

Now, perhaps you might try replying to the questions I asked you in my last post?

ISLAMASWEENEY
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Well why dosent Malaki ask the Americans to pack up and leave Iraq just like they did in Vietnam.

Hashim_507
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I dont that visit to zionist state would make differance,,

wilberhum
07-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Well why dosent Malaki ask the Americans to pack up and leave Iraq just like they did in Vietnam.
First Iraq and Vietnam have little in common. :(
Secondly Malaki does not think the government is strong enough to stand on it's own. He is probably right.

wilberhum
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
I dont that visit to zionist state would make differance,,
I too question that it will make a difference.
But that doesn't mean they shouldn't try.

Trumble
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I explained that in the post prior to yours. What part of "civil war" don't you understand?

There is an analogy with Vietnam, although not the one you imply. The Americans were not asked to leave Vietnam; quite the contrary. Despite the diplomatic fluff and a lot more death the South Vietnamese government knew it was effectively doomed from the time they did.

Bittersteel
07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
So do you want the distruction of Israel more than peace?
I talked about the Palestinian view,not mine.I am a South Asian,my outlook is obviously different.
I have seen this habit of yours,don't know how to describe it;maybe its something like "putting words in my mouth."

wilberhum
07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
I talked about the Palestinian view,not mine.I am a South Asian,my outlook is obviously different.
I have seen this habit of yours,don't know how to describe it;maybe its something like "putting words in my mouth."
Wondering if you want the distruction of Israel more than peace, is a valid question.
I noticed that you did not answer it. :skeleton:

Bittersteel
07-11-2007, 07:16 PM
no I don't.ever since I heard of Israel from my father(who first said there was a state called Israel) I always regarded it as a legitimate state never knew about the Arab-Israel/Muslim-Jew conflict that much.
It's just that after I looking for Palestine in the map(I was very young) I came to know more about the ME wars.
I dislike Israelis a lot(not like I really hate them,but dislike) but I never cried for their destruction,no.

north_malaysian
07-12-2007, 02:28 AM
The Arab League supports Fattah. They went to Israel to secure independent for the West Bank... if West Bank managed to get independence from Israel, the Gazan would think that they should support Fattah not Hamas in order to gain independent....

If Israel wants to get rid of Hammas, they would give this independence to the West Bank.... and those in Gaza would revolt against Hammas

Abdul-Raouf
07-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Israel is not being wiped out of map ...but its Palestine.. Hmmm..I doubt they can bring any further change in the map which would benefit Palestine...

(All these happened in this modern day world... which shouts for democracy.. people rights.. etc,, )

Anyway Good Luck for the efforts...

Peace.

Bittersteel
07-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Abdul Raouf stage four was back in 2000.Now its 2007.Surely things have changed.

Bittersteel
07-15-2007, 07:24 PM
^hehe an "Arab-Israeli" war here.Note where the problem started from.

wilberhum
08-01-2007, 06:46 PM
More good News.
Saudis 'ready to sit' with Israel
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...D15677CC6D.htm
Saudi Arabia has said it could attend a Middle East peace conference proposed by the US president which would bring it to the same table as Israel.

But Prince Saud al-Faisal, Saudi's foreign minister, said his country would only consider attending the meeting if it tackled "substantive matters of peace".

Saudi Arabia was the main proponent of an Arab peace proposal made at an Arab summit earlier this year which offers Israel full diplomatic ties with 22 Arab countries in return for withdrawal from territories occupied in 1967.

Keltoi
08-01-2007, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
More good News.
Saudis 'ready to sit' with Israel
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...D15677CC6D.htm
Saudi Arabia has said it could attend a Middle East peace conference proposed by the US president which would bring it to the same table as Israel.

But Prince Saud al-Faisal, Saudi's foreign minister, said his country would only consider attending the meeting if it tackled "substantive matters of peace".

Saudi Arabia was the main proponent of an Arab peace proposal made at an Arab summit earlier this year which offers Israel full diplomatic ties with 22 Arab countries in return for withdrawal from territories occupied in 1967.
Seems to me that the most important issue to deal with is the state of the Palestinian government(governments). There can't be a true peace deal unless there is a clear governmental body to make peace with. It doesn't do any good for Fatah to sign off on a peace deal with Hamas effectively a separate government. Stability in the Palestinian territories should be a priority right now.

wilberhum
08-01-2007, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Seems to me that the most important issue to deal with is the state of the Palestinian government(governments). There can't be a true peace deal unless there is a clear governmental body to make peace with. It doesn't do any good for Fatah to sign off on a peace deal with Hamas effectively a separate government. Stability in the Palestinian territories should be a priority right now.
You ate absolutely right but;
Every Journey is a series of steps.
Each and every step is needed to reach the destination.

sudais1
08-02-2007, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I explained that in the post prior to yours. What part of "civil war" don't you understand?
:offtopic: just have to reply

To be honest i dont remeber any civil war in Iraq before the invaders came TBH. even in the last century dammit. I know sunni and shia had there differences but never was there fighting like this in any muslim countrey before the americans came. hence i believe the americans are behind the de stabilizing of Iraq

Intisar
08-02-2007, 03:51 AM
It's about time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.