/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah[swt] Is Not 'god'

nevesirth
07-09-2007, 08:55 PM
ive been asked several times by non muslims if ALLAH is the same as GOD. i tell them no, for i believe ALLAH is ALLAH SUBHANU WA TAALA. the name GOD i think has lost its significance because its often used to qualify lesser things, u hear of names like god of money, god of sex etc. why should the almighty share a name with any other entity?

no other can be described by the name ALLAH exept ALLAH [SWT].

wht do yall think of this?????? astagfirullah if im wrong.

salamu alykum wa rahmatulahi wa barkatuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
It's just the Arabic word for it, no? I do see your point, however.

wilberhum
07-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Isn't Allah Arabic for god?

umm-sulaim
07-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Allaah comes from the word ilaah which means ma'boud - worshipped

We were taught to call Allaah by his names and atributes that are authentic in the book of Allaah n the sunnah of the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam, the names that he called himself and affirmed them for himself or his messenger muhammed called him by (authentically)
n 'God' is not from Allaah's names or attributes so we were told to leave it, as Allaah the most high says in the qur'aan: 'The most beautiful names belong to Allah: so call on him by them' (Al-a'raaf)

n Allaah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.