/* */

PDA

View Full Version : obsessive behaviour

brightstar
07-10-2007, 12:47 AM
I have obsessive behaviour which effects my day to day life and my obligation to pray and read the quran.I have tried hard to rid myself of this with proper help but it will not go away. Please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-10-2007, 05:36 AM
:sl:
well, it's good that you have recognized your problem. thats half the solution, inshallah.
Can u be a little more specific what your problems are so that maybe we can find a specific solution.

brightstar
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
To be more specific I fear objects and people from a place where I used to work. If I see these people or objects like those i saw at a particular workplace I begin to feel revulsion and avoid these things at all costs.I am throwing away clothes jewllery shoes and items that I associate with this place .I have members of my family who go to this place and if they touch me or step on my shoes i freak out.I feel ashamed of myself when I avoid my family members or when I cant touch specific objects.It sounds bizarre but I have lived like this for last 8 years.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

Wow!! 8 years of paitence. interesting.....subhanallah
the solution i reckon is really up to you. to put it simply, i suggest you do the opposite. i suggest that every time a family member goes to this place and step on your shoes or whatever the case may be, stay in that position no matter how hard it is. just stand there and say to your self, its okay if so and so touches me or steps on me. no big deal. im not gonna die. so yeah, just aquire the oppostie. get yourself used to it, and inshallah it will become a habbit, which will then become second nature. force yourself not to throw those things away, force yourself to look at them, so that you know that they are just clothes, etc and although they have horrible memories behind them, it's really not gonna help to throw them away. tell me, is it helping to thhow these things away.
trust me anxeity should not be fed. the more you feed it, the more it gets worse, haven't you noticed that??
it may be hard the first few times, and you may experience that you fall down and give in occasionally, but just be consistant.

thats all for now inshallah.
just be strong and paitent.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nevesirth
07-11-2007, 09:27 AM
obsessions are very complex to treat, i suggest u talk to a professional. all absessions are unique therefore one type of treatment cant be prescribed, u have to get to the root of wht triggers off ur phobias, it might even be an unpleasant experience in the past.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.