/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab interview

tearsofice21
07-10-2007, 05:33 AM
:sl:

I came across this video of three muslim women being interviewed on hijab on another forum. Very interesting, Masha'Allah, and the niqaabi sister speaks with a lot of wisdom.. I came to tears watching her Masha'Allah.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...547&pr=goog-sl

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
07-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank you for posting that video, sister. I very much enjoyed hearing the different opinions.

I don't know the interviewer, but I was very impressed by how well she conducted the interview and gave every participant the chance to express her own views.

Peace

guyabano
07-10-2007, 09:05 AM
I enjoyed watching the video too.

There is indeed one point I must agree with the leader of the interview:
Now what does the Quaran really say about covering body parts? Is it really stated that women must veil their faces or was that just a teaching of scholars to do so ?

Just curious?

Malaikah
07-10-2007, 09:48 AM
guyabano,

There is a major difference of opinion about whether the face must be covered or not.

The uncovered woman is wrong- the scholars ALL agree that is compulsory to cover everything except the hands, face and feet. Most scholars are of the opinion that that feet must also be covered. The opinion that feet can be shown is a minority though valid opinion. And many scholars also think that the face must be covered.

She was correct in saying that there is nothing defining the type of clothes that must be worn. You can wear any clothes as long as it covers the above mentioned body parts and is not immodest or overly attractive.

The middle girl does not represent standard and mainstream Islamic thought. She makes very good points over all, about the duty of the Islamic community in the west, but the way she proposes we address these issues is wrong. May Allah guide her on this issue.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
guyabano
07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
guyabano,

There is a major difference of opinion about whether the face must be covered or not.

The uncovered woman is wrong- the scholars ALL agree that is compulsory to cover everything except the hands, face and feet. Most scholars are of the opinion that that feet must also be covered. The opinion that feet can be shown is a minority though valid opinion. And many scholars also think that the face must be covered.

She was correct in saying that there is nothing defining the type of clothes that must be worn. You can wear any clothes as long as it covers the above mentioned body parts and is not immodest or overly attractive.

The middle girl does represent standard and mainstream Islamic thought. She makes very good points over all, about teh duty of the Islamic community in the west, but the way she proposes we address these issues is wrong. May Allah guide her on this issue.
Thank you for this explaination !

Peace

Salaam
07-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Visit this thread, it clears up the issue if the Niqab is a Obligation or not. http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ation-not.html

Umar001
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I understand the sister's point, but it would only make sense if it was a choice between halal and halal.

tearsofice21
07-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Personally, I was furious with the uncovered sister's remarks.. I mean, muslims assimilating in the West is a huge issue, and she thinks it's ok?!?! Arggh May Allah guide her to the straight path. Ameen.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-12-2007, 05:52 AM
:sl: yeah sometimes peoples comments just really get to me. ^^
:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.