/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Princess and Pauper

Safa
08-24-2005, 03:17 PM
:sl:

THE PRINCESS AND THE PAUPER
a Bint Abdul Khaliq joint

A little girl is trying to sleep. She has not had supper. The pavement is cold and hard. She ignores this and pretends she is asleep in a warm bed. She imagines herself pulling the covers closer until the stiff cardboard in her hands reminds her of the harsh reality. Her tummy rumbles restlessly. She will have to search the bins tomorrow, even though she hates it. Her empty tummy forces her to stoop to that level. People move past her, many not even aware of the tiny figure hidden in the shadows. Some laugh at her. She doesn’t care. She needs a place to sleep tonight.

A little girl is trying to sleep. She has not had supper. She is very angry. Going to bed without supper would teach them! Her parents were angry too. A ten-year-old child demanding a cell phone…this they felt was going a tad overboard. Why couldn’t she play with her multitude of expensive doll houses and trendy gadgets? It is this argument that ends with the little girl stomping off to bed without any supper.

A little girl is awakened by the sound of birds. A hand smoothes her hair…or rather grabs it. She is jerked upright and sworn at. Filthy street kids...didn’t they know better than taking up place on a public pavement? Giving the town a bad name! She doesn’t flinch. She has become immune to abuse. No one likes her. No one ever will. She still has to live, she still has to sleep and eat. A will to survive burns inside her. She will not give up..

A little girl is awakened by the sound of birds. A hand smoothes her hair. Her mother plants a kiss on forehead. How is her little girl? Not at all happy. Mother smiles…they were too harsh on her the night before. She was mature enough, after all, and she did make them awfully proud of her in school. What model would you like to have sweetie? An excited little girl hugs her parents while they bask in the feeling of her approval. No one could accuse them of being bad parents. The little girl smiles inside. She knew she would get her way. She always did.

A little girl crosses the road, clutching her stomach. She stares at the cell phone store in front of her. Why would people waste money on phones when they could buy food? She would never understand. She passes a smartly dressed little girl holding on to her doting parents. She feels only contempt towards them...She catches the little girl’s eyes for a moment, hoping to stir some pity within her. Perhaps she would feel sorry for her…

A little girl crosses the road. She is very happy. She has just managed to convince her parents to get he the best cell phone on the market! She smiles inwardly. She always got what she wanted. She passes a smelly, scraggly-looking girl. They locked eyes for a moment. She immediately felt such contempt towards the pathetic figure staring at her. There was such desperation in those sad eyes. For a moment she felt guilty…then she turned away in disgust and gazed lovingly at her new cell phone…

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "One who strives to help the widows and the poor is like the one who fights in the way of Allah.'' The narrator said: I think that he (PBUH) added also: "I shall regard him as the one who stands up (for prayer) without rest and as the one who observes fasts continuously".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Narrated Ash-sha'bi: The clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba narrated, "Muawiya wrote to Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba: Write to me something which you have heard from the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ." So Al-Mughira wrote: I heard the Prophet saying, "Allah has hated for you three things:

1. Vain talks, (useless talk) that you talk too much or about others.

2. Wasting of wealth (by extravagance)

3. And asking too many questions (in disputed religious matters) or asking others for something (except in great need). (See Hadith No. 591, Vol. Ill)
[Al-Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 555]

http://www.hidayaonline.com

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TEH
08-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Masha Allah that was very good...

:)

Safa
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM

I think that the message in this article is uniquely expressed...just goes to show that money and cellphones don't bring real happiness.

TEH
08-24-2005, 03:54 PM
You dont mind if I post it another forum do you???

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Safa
08-24-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't see any problem with that since i got it off a website myself.

*!~Faith~!*
08-24-2005, 05:07 PM
That was good. Jazakiallah Khair for sharing :)

Batoota
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM

Ma sha Allah, that was written beautifully. Excellent point! :applaud:

Jazak Allah! :thumbs_up

Khayal
09-05-2005, 05:25 AM
MashaAllah, very good sharing. :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.