View Full Version : No One Alive Today Will Ever See This Again

AmarFaisal
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Source:http://www.hoax-slayer.com/mars-earth-close.html

Thought this is interesting enough to pass around

IT OUGHT TO BE SOMETHING TO SEE!

Once in a lifetime...

Mars

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular!

This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of - 2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye .

Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest , Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month.

Share this with your children and grandchildren.

NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
07-10-2007, 04:02 PM
OMG! I love when stuff like this happens! :D

rubiesand
07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Hmm I seem to remember this message going around a couple of years ago.
Sure enough, if you click on the link you can read this..

Commentary:
This email informs recipients that the planet Mars will be passing very close to Earth in August. Although the year is not specifically mentioned, most would assume that the message refers to August, 2006. However, the claims in the message are untrue, at least for 2006. A virtually identical (and equally misleading) message was circulating back in July and August 2005. The events outlined in the message were more or less true back in 2003 although they were a little hyped even then. According to NASA, on August 27, 2003, Earth and Mars were the closest they have been for around 60,000 years. Mars was indeed a spectacular site in the night sky during several months of 2003.

AmarFaisal
07-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I read the same article in Kwt times a few weeks back. The article said that it is going to happen this year in August 2007.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Imaan
07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
i've seen venus about 4 years ago...:D...the next time u can see venus is next year in 2008...then after that, it may be about 80 years later...i dont remember...

SunnahSeeker
07-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Subhanallah and i was thinking of purchasing a telescope very soon this just gives me a better excuse :D

north_malaysian
07-11-2007, 03:16 AM
If you read the link given ..... actually it happened in 2003... not 2007.

AmarFaisal
07-11-2007, 07:30 AM
really???i got to do more research......how come it appeared in the newspaper recently!!!!

north_malaysian
07-11-2007, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmarFaisal
really???i got to do more research......how come it appeared in the newspaper recently!!!!
Way to go!!!!! :peace:

If it really happen this year, I'll be watching the sky all night long.....

AmarFaisal
07-11-2007, 07:49 AM
It's a shame :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

All and every sites mentions it happened in 2003!!:raging: :raging:

I was so excited since I read abt it in the newspaper!!!!!

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.