/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Pope Benedict XVI

pak101
07-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Pope Benedict XVI must accept Dr Zakir Naik's invitation for open interfaith dialogue (to be witnessed by the entire world)

To: Pope Benedict XVI

Dr Zakir Naik has invited you, i.e. Pope Benedict XVI for an open interfaith dialogue. Now you must accept the invitation and hold an open interfaith dialogue on Islam and Christianity in front of the entire world so that people will be able to understand the truth about Islam and Christianity. Dr Zakir Naik's words relevant to this issue can be verified from any news web site covering the issue. Dr Zakir Naik's words regarding this great invitation for you include:

"I am more than willing to participate in the inter-faith dialogue with Pope Benedict XVI. I am ready on any topic he (the Pope) wishes as long as it focuses on Quran and the Bible," "I can go to Rome and to Vatican on my own expense if an Italian visa is arranged for me," "I am absolutely ready for an open and public debate with the pope under live international TV coverage," Let the 1.3 billion Muslims and 2 billion Christians around the world listen to the debate based on equal slot of time allotted to both sides, he said. "It is not only a debate but also a question and answer session allowing the people to ask queries,".

http://www.petitiononline.com/ai2nd/petition-sign.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-10-2007, 03:46 PM
:sl:

sounds interesting..i've signed

at the moment '3605 Signatures Total' and i think the majority are muslims

rubiesand
07-10-2007, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by petition
Now you must accept the invitation.
Huh? Why must he accept it?

Amadeus85
07-10-2007, 04:40 PM
The fact is that Pope Benedict XVI doesn not must anything. BTW who is dr Zakir Naik anyway? Lol :) I dont think that Peope will talk with every muslim scholar who wants to. Pope has so many things to do, besides he is old and he must spend his time only in the best way for him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
pak101
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Muslim public speaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqk7YgLef-4

Keltoi
07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Depends on what the meaning behind "inter-faith dialogue" is. I could see good coming out of this if the discussion is based on finding common ground and clarifying positions, but if it becomes a debate about whose faith is "true", then it wouldn't be worthwhile or a positive exchange.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Depends on what the meaning behind "inter-faith dialogue" is. I could see good coming out of this if the discussion is based on finding common ground and clarifying positions, but if it becomes a debate about whose faith is "true", then it wouldn't be worthwhile or a positive exchange.
From what I have seen of Dr Zakir Naik, I'm sure his only purpose would be to prove Islam is perfect.

Amadeus85
07-10-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
From what I have seen of Dr Zakir Naik, I'm sure his only purpose would be to prove Islam is perfect.
Yeah, good point :D . I dont think that Pope will bother to talk with him.

جوري
07-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Does the pope have anything to be afraid of? is his faith clandestine that it is beyond reproach?-- he certainly made it to the news the other day under "Benedict XVI draws criticism from Jews and liberals"-- I think he should come out and defend his position not cower in his vatican!

Trumble
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
I suspect the Pope just has better things to do with his time. I'm afraid Naik's importance is nowhere near as large as his ego.

جوري
07-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Just an excerpt

ROME, July 7 — Pope Benedict XVI on Saturday authorized a wider use of the old Latin Mass, dismissing fears that its revival could divide the church or dilute the reforms of the Second Vatican Council that made standard worship in the languages of Catholics around the world.

In gentle but firm language, the pope acknowledged in an accompanying letter to bishops the depth of opposition to the change, voiced in recent months by European bishops and Jewish groups. He proposed, in fact, a review after three years to determine “if truly serious difficulties come to light.”

He stressed that the current Mass that was approved in 1970 would remain the standard one — and that he did not expect any widespread return to the old rite, known as the Tridentine Mass. In it, the priest faces away from the congregation and prays, sometimes in a whisper, in Latin, a language unfamiliar to most of the world’s one billion Roman Catholics.

But the pope said that the change could both heal rifts with traditionalist groups that favor the Latin Mass as well as reconnect the church with a 1,500-year-old form of worship that faded since the Second Vatican Council, which ended in 1965.

“What earlier generations held as sacred, remains sacred and great for us, too, and it cannot be, all of a sudden, entirely forbidden or even considered harmful,” he wrote.

He noted “that young persons too have discovered this liturgical form, felt its attraction and found in it a form of encounter with the Mystery of the Most Holy Eucharist, particularly suited to them.”

Amid opposition from other Jewish groups, the Anti-Defamation League condemned the change on Saturday, calling it a “body blow to Catholic-Jewish relations.” While an earlier reference to “perfidious Jews” was removed officially from the Tridentine Mass just before the council, which set the stage for progressively better relations between Jews and Catholics, the group condemned a remaining prayer on Good Friday calling for Jews’ conversion.

“We are extremely disappointed and deeply offended that nearly 40 years after the Vatican rightly removed insulting anti-Jewish language from the Good Friday Mass, that it would now permit Catholics to utter such hurtful and insulting words by praying for Jews to be converted,” Abraham H. Foxman, the Anti-Defamation League’s president, said in a statement.

For several months, church officials have signaled the pope’s decision, and so the announcement on Saturday was expected and more notable for the specifics.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...tml#post788376

جوري
07-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes maybe excommunicating those who speak out against homosexual pederast priests should take precedents over inter-faith dialogue -- agree with you there!

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
not cower in his vatican
:uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh: :uuh:
Do you think he is also trembling in fear?
:muddlehea :muddlehea :muddlehea :muddlehea :muddlehea

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Yes maybe excommunicating those who speak out against homosexual pederast priests should take precedents over inter-faith dialogue -- agree with you there!
My, do we hate Catholics?
Or just the Pope?

جوري
07-10-2007, 06:11 PM
My, do we hate Catholics?
Or just the Pope?
I honestly don't care one way or the other..and my personal view, is I don't believe anything will come of so-called interfaith dialogue-- I liked the deceased pope better, he seemed easier on the eyes too.. this one looks possessed and has been offending one group or another since he took "office".. I went to catholic school so I have no problems with Catholics in general... some of their habits are unusual to me, but most of them were very nice folks...
peace!

Keltoi
07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
What this really boils down to is that the individual who proposes this "inter-faith dialogue" is probably unknown to the Pope and therefor unlikely to be seriously considered for a televised super-event.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I honestly don't care one way or the other..and my personal view, is I don't believe anything will come of so-called interfaith dialogue-- I liked the deceased pope better, he seemed easier on the eyes too.. this one looks possessed and has been offending one group or another since he took "office".. I went to catholic school so I have no problems with Catholics in general... some of their habits are unusual to me, but most of them were very nice folks...
peace!
Ah, a moment of total agreement. :thumbs_up

Sinbad
07-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Catholics remind me of shia, they also hit themselves untill they bleed to glorify their faith.

And dont tell me that catholics dont do that any more. True catholics do, like mother teressa that used to hit herself and wear a sharp ring around her leg for 24/7 pain.

wilberhum
07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Catholics remind me of shia, they also hit themselves untill they bleed to glorify their faith.

And dont tell me that catholics dont do that any more. True catholics do, like mother teressa that used to hit herself and wear a sharp ring around her leg for 24/7 pain.
Just like some Muslims we see. :hmm:

Can you define a "True Catholic"? That must be as easy as defining a "True Muslim". :hmm:
All you have to do is ingnore the thousands of vairations.
:giggling:

Sinbad
07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Just like some Muslims we see. :hmm:

Can you define a "True Catholic"? That must be as easy as defining a "True Muslim". :hmm:
All you have to do is ingnore the thousands of vairations.
:giggling:
A true muslim is one that follows all of islam and dont pick and choose. A true catholic is one that follow all the catholic rites and doctrines. Fasting (not eat meat one day in a week). Repenting (hitting yourself), but most "catholics" today cheats and punish themselves psychologically instead...
Like not have internet for 3 weeks et c.

Most catholics even have sex outside of marrige! some extreme even perform abortion.

Real catholics torture themselves and are virgins ntill marrige.

seeker_of_ilm
07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
:sl:

I can see no benefit being derived from this thread staying open any longer. The link to the petition remains in the OP for those who wish to sign it.

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.