/* */

PDA

View Full Version : May My Mother And Father Be Sacrificed For You

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

May My Mother And Father Be Sacrificed For You
In this thread i would like all the hadith/Athar (with the story behind it if possible) of when the above phrase was said to the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam. I have grown a strong liking for these hadith... so inshaAllah please share them.

if i recall correctly there was a time when the prophet himself said this to a sahaabi... (sa'd ibn abi waqqas at badr or uhud i think) allahu a'lam... someone plz correct me if im wrong jazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-10-2007, 09:47 PM
i don't understand i never read that quote in a hadith before,

where did you hear/get this from please,

Are you sure it is not from the Qur'an.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

seeker_of_ilm
07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
:sl:

I think you mean this hadith right?

Sahih Muslim Book 31, Hadith number 5940

'Abdullah b. Zubair reported on the Day of the Battle of the Trench: I and Umar b. Abu Salama were with women folk in the fort of Hassan (b. Thabit). He at one time leaned for me and I cast a glance and at anothertime I leaned for him and he would see and I recognised my father as he rode on his horse with his arms towards the tribe of Quraizah. 'Abdullah b. 'Urwa reported from Abdullah b. Zubair: I made a mention of that to my father, whereupon he said: My son, did you see me (on that occasion) ? He said: Yes. Thereupon he said: By Allah, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) addressed me saying : I would sacrifice for thee my father and my mother.

Also

All Sahih Muslim:-

Book 031, Number 5869:

Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sat on the pulpit and said: Allah gave a choice to His servant that he may opt the beauties of the world or that which is with Him and the servant chose that which was with Him. Thereupon Abu Bakr wept and he wept bitterly and said: Let our fathers and our mothers be taken as ransom for you. It was Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who had been given the choice and Abu Bakr knew it better than us, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: Behold, of all people the most generous toward me in regard to his companionship and his property was Abu Bakr and were I to choose anyone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen Abu Bakr as my dear friend, but (for him) I cherish Islamic brotherliness and love. There shall be left open no window in the mosque except Abu Bakr's window.

Book 031, Number 5898:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Wtiile'l was asleep I saw myself in Paradise and a woman performing ablution by the side of a palace. I said: For whom is it meant? They said: It is meant for 'Umar b. Khattab. (The Holy Prophet) said: There came across my mind the feeling of Umar and so I turned back and went away. Abu Huraira said: 'Umar wept as we were present in that meeting with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) amongst us and Umar said: Allah's Messenger, may my father and mother be taken as ransom for you. Could I at all feel any jealousy about you? This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Shihab with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 031, Number 5928:

'Abdullah b. Shaddad reported that he heard 'Allahs saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not gather his parents except in case of Sa'd b. Malik that he said to him on the Day of Ubud: Shoot an arrow, may my father and mother be taken as ransom for you.

Book 031, Number 5932:

'Amir b. Sa'd reported oLi the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) gathered for him on the Day of Uhud his parents when a polytheist had set fire to (i. e. attacked fiercely) the Muslims. Thereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to him: (Sa'd), shoot an arrow, (Sa'd), may my mother and father be taken as ransom for you. I drew an arrow and I shot a featherless arrow at him aiming his side that lie fell down and his private parts were exposed. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) laughed that I saw his front teeth.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2007, 12:08 PM
^ YES BRO!! mashaAllah jazakAllah khair, i LOVE thsoe ahadith :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.