/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Dionysus
07-10-2007, 10:49 PM
How's everyone doing today? Good I hope.

First let's address a few elephants in the room...

I'm a white American man. My faith is Pentecostal (holy rollers), it's a branch of Christianity. I have absolutely no intention of converting to anything. I've read the Bible cover to cover, and have my own interpitaion of it (evo-creationism anyone?). I pray when I need too. And I don't go to church.

I'm a redneck (a pretty **** smart one though) that grew up in a holler in Virginia. My interests include Astronomy, Physics, Thinking (rare these days), and the nasty. *no wink smiley?* ^o)

Being a redneck, I often do not use proper terms (this is for the anal folks out there... every forum has atleast one). Example: I will say something like "That hood thingy that muslim women wear". You know what I mean, let's move on... Even though I completely understand a complex concept, I will talk in layman terms (no fancy stuff here).

If you get offended by something I say... Stop. Reread my post. Think for a minute. Was it meant to be offensive? If I said it, probably not. Nothing I say is meant to be offensive. If you are still offended, say so. Tell me why, and I will explain why I said what I did. The only way for everyone to get along is for no one to be misunderstood.

Ok, that's my 10 minute disclosure... Now for the reason I'm here.

I like to learn. I like to understand. I like to challenge.

Islam is foreign to me. I would like a better understanding of the culture. Therefore, henceforth, from this day forward... I will pick your brains to see what you keep in there. I would like to explore some of the things I think are weird, strange, or just plain "what the...".

So, if you'll have me... I'd like to hang around a bit and see what kind of trouble I can get into...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey Dionysus. :)

Insha Allaah (God willing) you'll have a beneficial stay here.

To get a basic intro on what Islaam is, i invite you to check this link;

http://beconvinced.com

Thanks for your time.

PS: Oh yeah, the point you made about the 'creation-evolution' process isn't surprising to us as Muslims. We believe God created Adam and his wife in their original form, yet in regard to the animals and plants - we have no problem in believing that they may have gone through the evolution stages.

Refer to this link for more info:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...rspective.html

Peace.

جوري
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
what a bombastic prolegomenon new member..
welcome aboard-- I guess?.. evo/creation-- has been discussed here Ad nauseam -- so pls before you start another post on the subject matter, we suggest you use the search key located on the top bar the third key from your anatomical right and if a would be question hasn't been extensively answered, then pls feel free to start a topic on it ...
Glad you read the 'good book' cover to cover the more cognoscenti we have the better me thinkus?
please visit all our sections, including discover Islam and the refutation forum... we have all sorts of members here, so I don't "reckon" you'll feel marginalized .. in fact I think you'll fit right in, we have a few perfervid members ...
with that said.. I'll turtle back to my hood...
peace!

Dionysus
07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh, I'll fit in if I gotta use a jack-hammer... lol

I imagine your right, evo/create has probably been discussed to death. However (didn't see that coming did ya?), What I meant by that was both as one concept. But thats for another thread...

A search button!? Where? lol (I admin a couple forums, *no wink smiley again*).

Anyway... Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure you'll be dissapointed! :coolious:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dionysus

Anyway... Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure you'll be dissapointed! :coolious:
I don't plan to hang around long enough to be disappointed.. I am just the town crier, here to initiate into forum rites..:confused:
peace!

Malaikah
07-11-2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the warning lol. Though I seem to have come across it a little to late.

Dionysus
07-11-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Thanks for the warning lol. Though I seem to have come across it a little to late.
No worries. As stated above, I like to challege in order to get a deeper understanding. I don't just want to understand the concept, but the logic behind it. How and why does it work.

If I challenge something you say, don't take it as an attack or insult, but as an opportunity to explain your position.

Living in the sticks I run across a lot of people that think a certain way, when I ask why all I get it "I dunno". So I say.. If you can't explain your opinion, then why is it your opinion?

Now you see why I took the time to write up such a lengthy intro post, lol.

north_malaysian
07-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Welcome....

You would be surprised to see varieties of Muslims here...... I think half of the forummers here are smart and serious, and another half are crazy and funny..... :okay:

جوري
07-11-2007, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Welcome....

You would be surprised to see varieties of Muslims here...... I think half of the forummers here are smart and serious, and another half are crazy and funny..... :okay:
is there a group C? :embarrass

UmmSqueakster
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! I have my own conglomeration of creolution that I adhere to, although I tend to steer clear of the debates.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Pk_#2
07-11-2007, 08:39 PM
[quote=Dionysus;788640]Islam is foreign to me. I would like a better understanding of the culture. quote]

Ello :),

Welcome to the forum!,

By the way Islam is a religion - a way of life. :D

Okay Erm atleast try and be good, lookin' forward to your posts.

north_malaysian
07-12-2007, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
is there a group C? :embarrass
Yeah.... Group C are among those who are crazy and smart, serious but funny... :p

جوري
07-12-2007, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Yeah.... Group C are among those who are crazy and smart, serious but funny... :p
;D ;D ;D third funny post for today... maybe my humerus is just sensitive due to weather? :D
:w:

glo
07-12-2007, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dionysus
Ok, that's my 10 minute disclosure... Now for the reason I'm here.

I like to learn. I like to understand. I like to challenge.

Islam is foreign to me. I would like a better understanding of the culture. Therefore, henceforth, from this day forward... I will pick your brains to see what you keep in there. I would like to explore some of the things I think are weird, strange, or just plain "what the...".

So, if you'll have me... I'd like to hang around a bit and see what kind of trouble I can get into...
Welcome to LI!

I too came to learn about Islam and understand my Muslim neighbours better ... and as you can see, more than a year later I am still here ... :D

I have learned many things about Islam which I respect or even agree with, and others which I find quite shocking ...

I have met many people here (Muslims and non-Muslims) who I would like to call friends, and others who I have very little, if anything, in common with ...

I hope you enjoy your stay here. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Peace

*~Sofia~*
07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi

welcome to the forums !! i hope u find it beneficial. im sure u will learn alot here..its a great forum :D
explore the forums, take part in the many discussions and enjoy!
enjoy ur stay...and get posting

peace

ummAbdillah
07-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello, welcome to the forum. Just from reading you lil intro, Im sure there are many threads that will intrest you! so get posting. And i hope you learn alot from here.

m102313
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
:sl:

Welcome To LI.
Hope you have good and beneficial stay here with us.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.