/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can A Dua be in English rather than Arabic?

mahdisoldier19
08-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Assalama alakam rahmatullah wabaraktu

Just curious i read the story of david he spent 1/3 of his night praising Allah swt. If i praise Allah swt in English is that accepted? or no it has to be in arabic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Labaik Ya Allah
08-24-2005, 08:49 PM
i think it can be in all languages

Mainul_Islam
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
dua can be in English ...i think

but Salaat should be in Arabic :confused: but i dont remember hearing that any other language other than Arabic (even for reverts) is not acceptable :-\

aamirsaab
08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
:sl:
I usually make my dua in english as i don't know much arabic but i also read alahumadinee and some other small arabic dua's.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afr!can angel
08-27-2005, 08:09 AM
yh i think it can be in both langs but the problem is i wish i cud read arabic !!!! :-[

Afr!can angel
08-27-2005, 08:11 AM
bro r u really from japan how kool!
subhanallh!

Ra`eesah
08-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

if its in the fardh salaah then it has to be in arabic according to the correct opinion, outside of fardh salaah it can be in any language and Allah (SWT) knows best.

aamirsaab
08-28-2005, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afr!can angel
bro r u really from japan
Nope.

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-28-2005, 11:45 AM
One may make supplication to Allah in any language as Allah swt hears and knows everything. Only in Salat (prayer) must we recite in arabic, simply because the Qur'an was revealed in arabic, so reading an english translation is not reading the word of God but the words chosen by a man to convey some of the meanings of the word of God.

So yes, one can praise Allah in any language, in fact they should do it in a language that they understand.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.