/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden's son weds grandmother from Cheshire

nevesirth
07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
To say they are an unlikely couple would be an understatement.

She is a 51-year-old grandmother and parish councillor from a village in Cheshire, he is a 27-year-old Arab scrap metal dealer from Jeddah... who just happens to be the son of Osama bin Laden.

But now, after a holiday romance which started when he saw her riding a horse near the Great Pyramid in Egypt, Jane Felix-Browne and Omar Ossama bin Laden have married.

Mrs Felix-Browne, who has been married five times before, met Bin Laden in Egypt last September while she was undergoing treatment for multiple sclerosis.

Her new husband already has a wife and a two-year-old child - under Islamic law men are permitted to have four wives - while Mrs Felix-Browne has three adult sons and five grandchildren.

They married in Islamic ceremonies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and are now awaiting permission from the authorities in Riyadh to make the marriage official.

Mrs Felix-Browne, who will not be using her husband's name, is also trying to get him a visa so he can visit Britain.

At the moment she lives in Moulton - where she has various jobs including restoring houses and aircraft - and speaks to him every day over the internet

She said she was aware some people would be hostile to her marriage. "I hope people don't judge me too harshly," she told The Times.

Scroll down for more...

The groom: Omar Ossama bin Laden, first met Jane Felix-Browne while horseriding

"I married the son, not the father."

She added: "I just married the man I met and fell in love with - to me he is just Omar. I hope people will take a step back and think what it was like when they fell in love.

"He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. His heart is pure, he is pious, quiet, a true gentleman, and he is my best friend."

Father-in-law: Osama Bin Laden

After their first encounter in September riding round the Pyramids, the pair got talking on a night ride the next day.

"This was the start of our intense friendship that culminated in our marriage," she told the Sun. "I saw him all day, every day. We rode together, ate together and talked non-stop.

"But we were never alone. Omar had little command of the English language, but there was chemistry there.

"We laughed all the time. We were falling in love.

"Omar said that when he is with me he forgets the world and all his problems."

Mrs Felix-Browne returned to Egypt in April, when she proposed to him. They married the same week in a traditional Muslim ceremony.

Friends of Mrs Felix-Browne laughed when she told them in the village pub she had married Osama bin Laden's son.

Regulars in the Lion pub in Moulton, Cheshire, thought she was joking when she said she had tied the knot with Omar Ossama bin Laden.

Landlord Jim Mellor, 62, said no one believed Mrs Felix-Browne when she first told pubgoers about the marriage two months after the ceremony in April.

He said: "There was a small group of us in the pub when she let slip she had married Osama bin Laden's son.

"Of course we all laughed and thought it was a wind-up. We all said 'pull the other one'.

"Jane was adamant though but I didn't believe her because I thought there would be a security issue about who she was marrying and she would be hardly allowed to tell anyone.

"We continued to rib her about it on and off over the next few weeks when she came into the pub.

"Although I doubted her I now have to accept it's true."

He said Mrs Felix-Browne, who he described as "very intelligent" and "always smartly dressed", had travelled to Egypt on a regular basis over the last 12 months to receive treatment for her multiple sclerosis.

Mr Mellor said: "I must admit I was beginning to have my suspicions about all these visits to Egypt. I thought there must be some other reason as to why she kept going over there."

He added she was a practising Muslim who did not drink alcohol. One of her parents is believed to have been a Muslim and it is reported she also uses the name Zaina Mohamad Al-Sabah.

Mrs Felix-Browne said British police had visited her to warn her of the personal security dangers of being married to the fourth-eldest son of the world's most wanted man. Bin Laden has a $25 million (£12.5 million) bounty from the US government on his head.

Mrs Felix-Browne believes she met her new husband's father at a party in London in the Seventies through a Saudi man she married when she was 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
queefer
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Married five times. Multiple sclerosis. Fifty one years old. WOW ! Sounds like something that should've happened to Osama. Hard to beleive she won't be taking the Bin Laden name.

'Abd al-Baari
07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
:sl:

a very intersting read..thanks for sharng

Bittersteel
07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
married a Saudi man when she was 16?????!
and now marrying this uh...scrap metal dealer.hang on scrap metal dealer??a bit strange.
the world is going nuts.well if their love is true I hope they live happily together ever after.*sigh*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saira-k
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
haha this is funny

nevesirth
07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
omar has to be careful, this woman might jst be an undercover cia agent trying to get some info from him. u know the potency of a womans charm. remember samson and delila?

ummAbdillah
07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
:salamext:
"I married the son, not the father."
I don't think that will stop people from talking about it though...
good luck to both of them!!!!
(funny article) :wasalamex

Bittersteel
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Samson and Delila?the Biblical story?

nevesirth
07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
Samson and Delila?the Biblical story?
naam, yea thts wht i meant. something jst tells me tht this woman might be a trojan horse!!!!!!!!

nevesirth
07-11-2007, 09:21 PM
or the woman might jst be seeking some publicity by stiring up some controversy. or this mught be true love, who knows? lol wish them the best!!!!!!!

queefer
07-11-2007, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
naam, yea thts wht i meant. something jst tells me tht this woman might be a trojan horse!!!!!!!!
Do you wear a tin foil hat so that the C.I.A. can't read your mind ? Something just tells me that you play too many Tom Clancy games.

nevesirth
07-11-2007, 09:27 PM
:D :D :D ;D ;D :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :hmm: :mmokay:
format_quote Originally Posted by queefer
Do you wear a tin foil hat so that the C.I.A. can't read your mind ? Something just tells me that you play too many Tom Clancy games.

Helena
07-11-2007, 09:29 PM
it seems pretty weird...dodgy...Allahu Allaam...

but do wish them best.....hope it works out for them inshAllah....i guess age dsnt matter in marriage.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.