/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The World's First Soft Drink

Pk_#2
07-12-2007, 05:52 AM
In the name of Allah The Most Merciful The most Beneficient,

Peace, Mercy and Blesssings be upon those who follow guidance.

Sherbet, a juice of crushed fruit, herbs, or flowers has long existed as one of the most popular beverages from and of the Muslim world, winning over Western figures such as Lord Byron. Muslims developed a variety of juices to make their Sharab, an Arabic word from which the Italian sorbetto, French sorbet and English sherbet were derived.

Today, this juice is known by a multitude of names, is associated with numerous cultural traditions, and is produced by countries ranging from India to the United States of America.

The medieval Muslim sources also contain a lot of recipes for drink syrups that can be kept outside the refrigerator for weeks or months.

I duno if this belongs in this section - i'm sleepy but i can't sleep
+o(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.