/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Those Who Enter the Hell fire But Will not Remain in it Forever

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Those Who Enter the Hell fire But Will not Remain in it Forever

Who are They?

Those who will enter the Hellfire and then come out of it are the people of tawheed. They are the ones who do not associate anything with Allaah. However, they have accumulated many sins. Their evil deeds have exceeded the limit and their good deeds have become light on the scale. These individuals will enter the Hellfire because of their sins. Afterwards, they will come out of it due to the intercession of the interceders. By the mercy of Allaah, groups of people who never produced any good deeds will be extracted from the Hellfire.

Sins Punishable in the Hellfire:

I will mention here some of the sins, which there is evidence for, informing us that those who commit them will be punished by means of the Hellfire

SPLITTING UP INTO GROUPS THAT OPPOSE THE SUNNAH

Aboo Sufyaan narrated: "The Messenger of Allaah stood among us one day and said; Indeed those before you from the People of the Book divided into seventy-two groups. And this groups ( Muslims) will divide into seventy-three. Seventy-two groups will be in the hellfire and one of them will be in Paradise. And it is the Jamaa'ah."

This is an authentic hadeeth. Al-Haakim, after checking its chains of narration, said about it. "These chains present evidence in favor of the authenticity of the hadeeth. "lmaam ath-Thahabee agreed with this. Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyah said. "It is a well known authentic hadeeth."

It has also been authenticated by ash-Shaatibee in his book al-Itisaam. Shaykh Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee gathered its routes of narration, discussed their chains, and clarified that it is an authentic hadeeth, there being not doubt concerning it's authenticity.

However, Sideeq Hasan Khaan is of the opinion that the addition to the hadeeth "All of them are in the Hellfire except one"

And similar additions such as "Seventy-two are in the hellfire" are all weak additions to the hadeeth. He cites this claim of weakness from his teacher lmaam ash-Shawkaanee and before him, Aboo al-Wazeer, and before him, Ibn Hazm. And he has approved of the saying, "These additions are from the schemes of the apostates. For indeed, in them are a means for turning away from Islaam and a reluctance from entering into its fold."

Shaykh al-Albaanee has refuted those who claim that such additions are weak from two angles:

1. The rules of hadeeth criticism regarding the additions for the hadeeth prove its authenticity, for there is no basis in the statement of the one who has claimed that it is weak.

2.That those who have graded it authentic are greater in number and knowledge than Ibn Hazm. This is especially the case, since he is known among the people of knowledge for his severity in such criticism. We should not make use of it (his criticism) when it goes solely among lack of opposition. So how can we use it when it is opposed ( by more knowledgeable scholars)?

As for Aboo al-Wazeer, he rejected the additions to the hadeeth based upon their meaning, not due to the chain. Sideeq Hasan Khaan has spoken of this in his book al-Ibaarah, clarifying that the one who goes by this addition is stating that those who enter Paradise from the ummah are few. Meanwhile, the authentic an confirmed texts show that those entering Paradise from the ummah will be many, almost reaching half of the inhabitants of Paradise.

This may be refuted in a number of ways:

1. The meaning of the division of this ummah into seventy-three sects is not that thee majority of this ummah will be in the Hellfire. This is because the majority of the ummah consists of common folk who do not enter into the fold of these sects. And those who divide into sects and remain in opposition to the Sunnah are fewer in description than those who avoid that in its totality.

2. Everyone who opposes the carriers of the Sunnah in an issue among the many issues of religion does not fall into the category of being a sect in opposition to the Sunnah. Rather, the correct understanding is that they set up principles by which they become groups divided among themselves, abandoning much of the texts if the Quraan and Sunnah due to it. This is the case with the Khawaarij, the Mu'tazilah and the Raafidah.

As for those who establish the Quraan and Sunnah and do not abandon these two, but differ in an issue from the many issues in Islaam, they do not fall into any of the sects.

3 . The additions in the narrations are evidence that the divided sects will be in the Hellfire. However, this does not imply absolutely that they will reside in the Hellfire forever. What is well known is that some of the People of these sects are disbelievers who will remain eternally in the Hellfire, such as the hidden extremists. They are the ones who make apparent their eemaan, yet hide their disbelief, such as the Ismaa'lees, the Drooz, the Naseereeyah and others.

Among the sects are those who oppose Ahl-us-Sunnah in major important issues. However, their differences are not based upon disbelief, here is not a definite promise for these people that they will enter Paradise. However they fall under the Will of Allaah. If He wills, He will forgive them, and if He wills, He will punish hem. Perhaps they may have a great number of righteous deeds that will save them from the Fire. They will also be saved from the Fire by the intercession of the interceders. And they will enter he Hellfire and abide therein as long as Allaah wills for them to do so. Then they will be extracted from there, due to the intercession of the interceders and by the mercy of the Most Merciful.

THOSE WHO HOLD BACK FROM HIJRAH (MIGRATION)

It is not permissible for the Muslim to re-side in the lands of the disbelievers when there are Muslim lands that exist. This is especially so if his residence in the lands of disbelief will involve him in fitnah [trouble for his religion]. Allaah does not accept the excuse of those refrain from making Hijrah (migration). Thus. Allaah informs us that the angels will reproach this group of people at the time of death and they will not accept their excuses when they plead to them saying that they were oppressed in the land.

Allaah says (which means):

Verily as for those who the angels take in death while they are wronging themselves, they say to them: "In what state were you?" They reply: "We were weak and oppressed in the land." They (angels) say: "Was not Allaah's Earth spacious enough for you to migrate?" Such men will find their abode in Hell-what an evil destination! Except the weak among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan nor are they able to make their way.

Surat An-Nisaa (4:97-98)

Allah does not accept excuses from such individuals, except for those who are weak and cannot find the method to leave, and they are not able to make away by which they will be directed to the land of Islaam.

[Note from the editors: this is a general rule that has been under-explained here. One is encouraged to see what the great wise scholar Ibn 'Uthaymeen explained about related guidelines in the book "Explanation of the Three Fundamental Principles of Islaam" (al-Hidaayah Publishing)]

INJUSTICE IN PASSING JUDGEMENT

Allaah has revealed His Sharee'ah (Divine Law) for passing judgement between mankind with equity. And He has commanded His servants with justice and fairness.

Verily Allah enjoins al-adl (Justice) and al-Ihsaan (beneficence).

Surat An-Nahl (16:90)

Thus He has made it obligatory upon the rulers and the judges that they rule with justice and avoid injustice.

Allaah commands that you should render back the trusts to those who they are due, and that when you judge between men, you judge with justice. How excellent is the teaching that He (Allaah) gives you! Truly, Allaah is the Hearer of all, the Seer of all.

Surat An-Nisaa (4:58)

Allaah threatens those who do not judge in truth with the Hellfire. Buraidah Bin Haseeb has narrated that the Messenger of Allaah said: ,The judges are of three types: One in Paradise and two in the Hellfire. As for the one in Paradise, he is the one who knows the truth and judges by it. For the one who knows the truth and does not do justice in his ruling, then he is in the Fire. And as for the one who passes judgement between people out of ignorance, then he also is in the Fire.

LYING UPON THE MESSENGER OF ALLAAH

Ibn al-Atheer has compiled a chapter in his book Jaami'al-Usool in which he lists many ahaadeeth which warn against lying upon the Messenger of Allaah. Among them, is that which has been recorded by lmaams at-Bukhaaree. Muslim and at-Tirmithee. on the authority of 'Alee who said that the Messenger of Allaah said., "Do not lie upon me. For indeed, the one who lies upon me will be tormented by the Hellfire"

In another hadeeth the Prophet said, "Whoever attributes a statement to me of which I did not say, then let him find his seat in the Hellfire"

Also, the Messenger of Allaah said, "Whoever lies upon me intentionally, then let him find his seat in the Hellfire"

Among the other hadeeths is the one where Allaah's Messenger said, "Indeed a lie upon me is not like a lie upon anyone else. So whoever lies upon me intentionally then let him find his seat in the hellfire"

PRIDE

Among the major sins is pride. Aboo Hurayrah narrated that the Messenger of Allaah said, Allaah said: "Pride is my cloak and greatness is my lower garment. Whoever disputes with me regarding any of these will be cast into the Fire. " And he also said: "The one who has a speck of pride in his heart will not enter Paradise." So a man said to him: "Indeed a man likes to have nice clothes and nice sandals." He said: "Allaah is beautiful and He loves beauty. Pride is disregarding the truth and belittling the people. "

KILLING AN INDIVIDUAL WITHOUT DUE RIGHT

And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the wrath and the curse of Allaah are upon him, and the great punishment is prepared for him.

"The killing of an individual Muslim is not permissible in Islaam except for one of three cases, as has been stated in the following hadeeth, in which the Messenger of Allaah said, (The blood of an individual who testifies that there is nothing worthy of worship besides Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah, is not lawful, except for one of three cases. They are:

• A life for a life,
  • a married person who commits adultery,
  • and the one who abandons his religion and breaks away from the Jamaa'ah.

The Prophet also said, "The believer will remain within the margins of his religion, as long as he does not spill blood illegally." Ibn 'Umar said: "Of those dilemmas which there is no way out for the one who fails, is the shedding of blood without a due reason." The Messenger has warned the Muslims from killing one another. And he has informed us that the killer and the one killed are both in the Fire. Aboo Bakrah (4) reported that the Messenger of Allaah said, "When two Muslims face each other with their swords, then the killer and the one killed UNJUSTLY are (both) in the Fire." I said, "I understand the killer, but what of the one who is killed?" He said, "Indeed, he was intent upon killing his companion." Due to this, the righteous servant refrains from killing his brother, fearing that he might be of the dwellers of the Fire. And so the killer will attain his sin and the sin of the one he is killing. Allaah says (which means):

"And recite to them (the Jews) the story of the two sons of Aadam in truth; when each offered a sacrifice to Allaah. It was accepted from one but not from the other. The latter said to the former; "I will surely kill you." The former said: "Allaah accepts only from those who give Him due reverence. If you stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you: for I fear Allaah the Lord of the worlds. I intend to let you draw my sin on yourself as well as yours, then you will be one of the dwellers of the Fire. And that is the recompense of the wrong doers."

CONSUMING (RIBAA) INTEREST OR USURY

Among the sins that destroy the individual performing it is usury. Concerning those who take interest after knowledge has reached them of its prohibition, Allaah says (which means),

"But whoever returns to ribaa, such are the dwellers of the Fire-they will abide therein."

And He says. (which means):

"Oh you who believe! Do not consume ribaa, doubled and multiplied, but fear Allaah that you may be successful. And fear the Fire which is prepared for the disbelievers."

The Prophet has counted ribaa as one of the seven sins that destroy the one performing it. It is recorded in the Two Saheeh collection that the Messenger of Allaah said. "Avoid the seven destructive sins." They said: "And what are they, O Messenger of Allaah?" So he said, "To associate partners with Allaah (shirk), magic, killing an individual which Allaah has forbidden except with due right, consuming interest, taking the wealth of the orphan, running away from the battlefield, and slandering chaste believing women."

TAKING THE WEALTH OF THE PEOPLE UNJUSTLY

Among the greatest forms of oppression bringing a guarantee of the Hellfire is the consumption of people's wealth unjustly. This is as Allaah says (which means):

"O you who believe! Do not consume property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade among you by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you. And whoever commits that through aggression and injustice, We shall cast him into the Fire, and that is easy for Allaah."

One who unjustly consumes the wealth of people also takes the wealth of the orphan unjustly. Allaah has specifically mentioned their wealth, due to their frailty, the ease at which their wealth can be consumed, and the detestableness of such a crime.

"Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, they eat only fire into their bellies, and they will be burnt in the Blazing Fire!"

THE PICTURE-MAKERS

The people who will receive the worst on the Day of Judgement are the picture-makers. [Editor's note: There are a number of crimes in addition to this one, for which the Prophet mentioned they would warrant the worst punishment.] They are the ones who compete with Allaah's ability to create. Ibn Mas'ood reported that he heard the Messenger of Allaah say, "The people with the worst punishment according to Allaah are the picture-makers." lbn 'Abbaas said that he heard the Prophet say: "Every picture-maker is in the Hellfire. A soul will be placed for him into every picture that he fabricated, and Allaah will punish him (by it) in the Hellfire." 'Aa'ishah reported that the Messenger of Allaah said concerning a cushion that had pictures on it, "Indeed the makers of these pictures will be tormented on the Day of Judgement. It will be said to them: Bring life to that which you have created.," He (4) also said, "The people who will receive the worst torment are those who try to imitate the creation of Allaah." Aboo Hurayrah reported that he heard the Messenger of Allaah say, "Allaah says: And who is worse than he who tries to create the likes of My creation. Then let them create a seed, or let them create a kernel or grain."

THOSE WHO RELY ON EVIL DOERS ( DHALIMOON )

From among the means that cause the entrance into the Hellfire, is the reliance on evildoers, the enemies of Allaah, and befriending them. Allaah says (which means):

And incline not towards those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you and you have no protectors other than Allaah, nor will you then be helped.

THE WOMEN WHO WILL BE CLOTHED YET NAKED AND THE ONES WHO WILL WHIP THE BACKS OF PEOPLE

Among the types of people that will enter the Hellfire, are the evil women who display their beauty indecently. They put the servants of Allaah to trial and do not themselves abide in the obedience of Allaah. Aboo Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said, "There are two types of people from the dwellers of the Fire that I have never seen before. A people who have whips like the tails of cows by which they will be beating the people. And women who will be clothed yet naked, swaggering and bent over, their heads will be like the slanted humps of the bukht camel. They will not enter Paradise, nor will they sense its odor, even though its odor can be sensed from such and such distance."

Concerning those with whips like the tails of cows al-Qurtubee said: "The description of the ones with whips is visible among us even now, in Morocco" Commenting on the words of al-Qurtubee, Sideeq Hasan Khaan said: "Rather, they are present in every time at every place, increasing day by day among the leaders and the notables. Thus, we seek refuge from all that Allaah hates." I say, we can still see this type of people in many of the lands, whipping the backs of people. May they and their likes perish! And the women who appear naked in spite of their being clothed are many in our time. Perhaps their evil has not grown so widespread before as it has these days. They are just as the Messenger of Allaah has described them, clothed yet naked, bent-over and swaggering, and upon their heads is the hump of the bukht camel.

THOSE WHO TORTURE ANIMALS

The Messenger of Allaah said: "The Hellfire was presented to me and I saw in it a woman from the Tribe of Israa'eel who was being punished for a cat she had. She tied it up and did not feed it, nor did let it go so that it may eat the rodents of the earth, until it died of starvation." If this is the condition of the one who tortures a cat, then how is it for the one who is tested by torturing the servants of Allaah? And how much more is it, if the torture is for the righteous ones among them because of their Eemaan and their Islaam?

THE LACK OF SINCERITY IN SEEKING KNOWLEDGE

Al-Haafiz al-Munthiree cited many hadeeths which warn against seeking knowledge for other than Allaah's sake. I have chosen only some of them. The Messenger of Allaah said: "Whoever acquires knowledge, by which the Face of Allaah is sought, and he does not learn it except to attain honor by it in this world, he will not perceive the odor of Paradise on the Day of Judgement." Jaabir reported that the Prophet said: "Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. So whoever does that, then: The Fire, the Fire!" ibn Abbaas reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: "Whoever acquires a knowledge for other than Allaah's sake, or desiring other than that, then let him find his seat in the Hellfire"

THOSE WHO DRINK FROM GOLD AND SILVER VESSELS

Umm Salamah narrated that the Messenger of Allaah said: "One who drinks from a gold or silver vessel is only gulping the fire of Jahannam into his stomach." In another similar narration, he said: "The one who eats and drinks from a gold and silver vessel, is only..." Huthayfah reported that he heard the Messenger of Allaah say, "Do not wear silk garments nor silk brocade. And do not drink from gold and silver vessels, nor eat from such bowls. For indeed, they are for them (disbelievers) in this world, and they are for you in the next."

THE ONE WHO CUTS DOWN THE LOTE TREE WHICH SHADES THE PEOPLE

The Messenger of Allaah said: "Whoever cuts down a lote-tree, Allaah will pour Fire on his head." Aa'ishah reported that the Messenger of Allaah said: "Indeed, the ones who cut down the Lote-tree a molten Fire will be poured on their heads."

THE RECOMPENSE OF SUICIDE

It has been confirmed in the Two Saheehs that the Messenger of Allaah said, "Whoever kills himself with a weapon, then that weapon will be in his hand, stabbing him in the stomach in the Hellfire eternally. And whoever kills himself with poison, then the poison will be in his hand, he will be sipping it in the Hellfire eternally. And whoever throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, then he will be falling down in the Hellfire eternally." Aboo Hurayrah said that he heard the Messenger of Allaah say, "The one who strangles himself will be strangling himself in the Hellfire And the one who stabs himself will be stabbing himself in the Hellfire."

Those Who Enter the Hell fire But Will not Remain in it Forever
By Dr. 'Umar Sulaymaan al-Ashqar'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
07-12-2007, 02:24 PM
:salamext:

Masha'Allaah, great post Sister Al Muwahiddah!!! I learnt alot and I'm going to show it to my Brothers and Sister.

Insha'Allaah, everyone will learn something from this article.

cute123
10-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Jazakallah

Dr.Trax
11-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Salam!

Yes this is really a good post,interesting...hmmm I didn't know it
Jazakallah!:happy:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
11-18-2007, 12:09 PM

THE RECOMPENSE OF SUICIDE

It has been confirmed in the Two Saheehs that the Messenger of Allaah said, "Whoever kills himself with a weapon, then that weapon will be in his hand, stabbing him in the stomach in the Hellfire eternally. And whoever kills himself with poison, then the poison will be in his hand, he will be sipping it in the Hellfire eternally. And whoever throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, then he will be falling down in the Hellfire eternally." Aboo Hurayrah said that he heard the Messenger of Allaah say, "The one who strangles himself will be strangling himself in the Hellfire And the one who stabs himself will be stabbing himself in the Hellfire."
Explain? It says Eternally....that does mean forever if I'm correct :?

------
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Anyone?

Nabooly
11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
^^Im wondering the same as mujahida?

Also is there a certain amount of time they will stay in the hell fire?

------
11-20-2007, 09:26 AM

It says ETERNALLY, so I would think that means forever?

IbnAbdulHakim
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

i cant stop wondering if i come under the category of those who are able to make hijrah and dont or not?!

what if people need the rizq you earn which may deplete if you make hijrah, then are you weak and excused from making hijrah?!

subhanAllaah....

Nabooly
11-21-2007, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

It says ETERNALLY, so I would think that means forever?
im sorry, i was referring to the people who will not be in the hell fire forever. Is there a certain amount of time they will be in the hell fire? Or is it just based on the sin they commited?

Noor 13
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Salam alaykom
JazakAllah kahir for this very interesting post
I knew some of it but there were also a lot of new things I learnd
Very beneficial

yashal
11-27-2007, 06:22 AM
good research
Jazakallah

------
12-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Lol wonder why I don't get my valid questions answered... :mmokay:

Al-Zaara
12-09-2007, 12:42 PM
lol Wondering that too... *bump*

Pk_#2
12-09-2007, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

i cant stop wondering if i come under the category of those who are able to make hijrah and dont or not?!

what if people need the rizq you earn which may deplete if you make hijrah, then are you weak and excused from making hijrah?!

subhanAllaah....
Oh my days, that is exactly what i thought!, I have in my head a plan of making hijra to Indonesia, i hate it here, but then i think it's so much worse to live as a Muslimah in other parts of the world, and i feel i should just sit quiet and be greatful, since it's better in the UK.

Jazakillah khair Faiza, the article looks better on my userpage hehe

IbnAbdulHakim
12-09-2007, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Oh my days, that is exactly what i thought!, I have in my head a plan of making hijra to Indonesia, i hate it here, but then i think it's so much worse to live as a Muslimah in other parts of the world, and i feel i should just sit quiet and be greatful, since it's better in the UK.

Jazakillah khair Faiza, the article looks better on my userpage hehe
why indonesia?!

Assalamu Alaikum

Ummu Sufyaan
12-10-2007, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

subhanAllaah....
:sl:
i remember reading this article about a year ago, if its any help.
:sl:

00:00
12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
What if their good deeds outweigh their bad ones, will they still enter hellfire than?

e.g. a women who goes on the streets dressed half naked, she's committing a major sin, but what if on the day of judgment when all her deeds will be read out, and her good deeds she did happen to outweigh her bad deeds. what than?

------
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM

^^^ Allaahu Aalim...

Intisar
12-11-2007, 12:58 AM
:sl: SubhanAllah, I only read half, will read the rest tomorrow morning inshaAllah. But so far, this has given me a lot of ilm. JazakAllah sis Faizah. :statisfie

praying4jannah
01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
excellent post..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.