/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaeda threatens war against Iran

wilberhum
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
The leader of an al-Qaeda umbrella group in Iraq, who was thought to have beeen killed by US forces, has threatened to wage war against Iran unless it stops supporting Shias in Iraq within two months.

Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, head of the Islamic State in Iraq, said his Sunni fighters have been preparing to wage a battle against Shia-dominated Iran.
Since I don’t do huge copy/past posts, :D
please go to Al Jazeera for the full story.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...5262BBE82C.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
07-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Bump
Wow 6 days to aprove. :?
I truly enjoy the forum and think the mods, for the most part are really good.

But 6 days suck.:hmm:

MTAFFI
07-20-2007, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Since I don’t do huge copy/past posts, :D
please go to Al Jazeera for the full story.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...5262BBE82C.htm
isnt this just the biggest slap in the face to everyone who thinks al-qaeda is in it for the iraqis! eat your words people who say that the US is blowing the mosques, schools, etc., eat your words everyone who says al-qaeda is a myth, eat your words everyone who says that the US isnt trying to police Iraq, who will police Iran when civilians start blowing themselves up in government buildings, schools, etc.?

(lol that was a little dramatic):p

Keltoi
07-20-2007, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
isnt this just the biggest slap in the face to everyone who thinks al-qaeda is in it for the iraqis! eat your words people who say that the US is blowing the mosques, schools, etc., eat your words everyone who says al-qaeda is a myth, eat your words everyone who says that the US isnt trying to police Iraq, who will police Iran when civilians start blowing themselves up in government buildings, schools, etc.?

(lol that was a little dramatic):p
...and probably futile. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joe98
07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Next time there is a bomb blast in Iran, I'll bet its blamed on the US!

-

Cognescenti
07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Maybe we could hire Al Quaeda to take out Iran's reactors?

doorster
07-20-2007, 01:11 AM
who wants to bet that Iran is indestructible?

If there truly is a demonic force called alqaeda, it is not going to touch another demonic force. Likewise if king Bush ( who may just be a blind idiot and not another monster) is not going to touch Iran.

Instead Majority of Muslims are going to be killed and Iran is going to rule over the areas Americans are going to vacate and is going to become the biggest evil empire ever seen. you can thank Bush and Blair for eliminating the opposition. Then wait for The Second coming of Muslims and of Mahdi and Christ.

(no I am not a loony)and finally it may be the Muslims from Israel and elsewhere who take on Iran and defeat it.

Cognescenti
07-20-2007, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
who wants to bet that Iran is indestructible?
Pro or Con? Iran could persist indefinitely as a stoneage society living on sturgeon eggs and pistacchio nuts, but if you think they are going to become some regional power beyond Southern Iraq I will take that bet.

snakelegs
07-20-2007, 02:25 AM
a while back i read that the u.s. is funding some of the terrorist groups it claims to be fighting - to use against iran.

north_malaysian
07-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I think Bush is happy about this.... he dont have to attack Iran, Israel dont have to attack Iran.... because Al Qaida is going to attack Iran.... save costs.

Keltoi
07-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Al-Qaeda doesn't have the capability of taking out a nuclear site. The only benefit of this would be to destabilize the Iranian regime, which is probably unlikely due to the lengths Iran is willing to go to stop Al-Qaeda as opposed to the limits of the U.S. response. Any attack on Iran by the U.S. or Israel will be about nuclear sites, not to destroy the regime.

north_malaysian
07-20-2007, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Any attack on Iran by the U.S. or Israel will be about nuclear sites, not to destroy the regime.
Bush attacked Iraq because of its WMDs right? But why he also destroyed the regime?

The_Prince
07-20-2007, 03:12 AM
erm just because these people made a threat doesnt mean they will do it. AQI right now cant even move around iraq properly, and you expect them to be able to sustain a war against Iran as well!

AQI last year said they would attack iran soon, its all empty threats, heck if Iran is working with AQI as some say it could very well be that Iran is telling AQI to make these threats.

number 3, to mtaffi, the US has blown up alot of mosques in iraq, and they have attacked alot of mosques as well through their operations, lets not deny this please as iraqis will testify to this fact themselves, its not AQI bombing mosques only, but US forces have been doing it as well.

fourthly AQI will never attack iran, for many reasons, the top leadership as in zawahiri and bin laden will disaprove of it since they know there is no benefit in attacking iran nor will there be any positive outcome, they know they will simply alienate themselves from the muslim public if they attack iran as they have already done so in iraq by countless bombings against shias and opposition sunnis. its just not going to happen :)

Malaikah
07-20-2007, 03:22 AM
:sl:

Does Al-Qaeda even have the power to attack Iran?

Keltoi
07-20-2007, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Bush attacked Iraq because of its WMDs right? But why he also destroyed the regime?
Bush's goal was to destroy the regime. WMD's were a concern and were used for justification, but the primary goal of the Iraq War was to destroy the regime.

north_malaysian
07-20-2007, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Bush's goal was to destroy the regime. WMD's were a concern and were used for justification, but the primary goal of the Iraq War was to destroy the regime.
....yeah........ he lied... many died

Eric H
07-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all;

There is a great need to pray for peace in the Middle East, there is a great need for Sunni and Shia to find ways to pray together and to rebuild communities.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

جوري
07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
'Al Qaeda' took over several planes with plastic knives and super passports that resisted temperatures over 500 degrees, bringing the mighty U.S unspeakable carnage... why is it so difficult to imagine them carrying out and succeeding with their threats against Iran? underlying caustic remark, satire and irony are fully intended btw!

peace!

north_malaysian
07-20-2007, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
'Al Qaeda' took over several planes with plastic knives and super passports that resisted temperatures over 500 degrees, bringing the mighty U.S unspeakable carnage... why is it so difficult to imagine them carrying out and succeeding with their threats against Iran? underlying caustic remark, satire and irony are fully intended btw!

peace!
I really believe that Bush is sponsoring Al Qaeda... :nervous:

north_malaysian
07-20-2007, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

There is a great need to pray for peace in the Middle East, there is a great need for Sunni and Shia to find ways to pray together and to rebuild communities.

Eric
I wonder that why they could pray together in Mecca and Medina, and killing each other elsewhere?:(

جوري
07-20-2007, 07:07 AM

Eric
You are a great member by the way... I feel bad sometimes participating in this section which I pass off as the 'piles' of LI, knowing it must take great resolve for you and the so few like you to read trumpery almost daily, and still manage to stay au fait the bull! I commend you!
peace!

جوري
07-20-2007, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I really believe that Bush is sponsoring Al Qaeda... :nervous:
Don't hold on to that thought for long... I am almost certain someone is to come along and indoctrinate you forcibly into believing some corporate media truth...
peace and gnight'

P.S-- how are you holding up :hmm: ? Hope all is well with you Insha'Allah!
:w:

Intisar
07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Empty threats.

MTAFFI
07-20-2007, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
number 3, to mtaffi, the US has blown up alot of mosques in iraq, and they have attacked alot of mosques as well through their operations, lets not deny this please as iraqis will testify to this fact themselves, its not AQI bombing mosques only, but US forces have been doing it as well.
do you have any legitimate proof of this?

Cognescenti
07-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I agree with several other posters. AQI has no real capacity to take a fight into Iran. The Iranians would just arrest anyone who speaks Farsi with an accent. AQI could certainly make big trouble for an Iranian-"controlled" Southern Iraq because their operatives would be much harder to spot, but there is no real threat to Iran proper. Perhaps they could recruit a few Iranian Kurds or whatever that ethnic group on the Iranian/Afghan border is (can't remember right now) but the CIA is already paying them :D I can't imagine that Iranian expats could be recruited into Al Quaeda.

Hilarious thing happened on this thread, and was worth the price of admission. A well meaning Mod deleted a post by Keltoi which claimed (in jest) that I was really Brett Hume (he works for Fox News). The reason given for the deletion was "insults not allowed" :D :D :D :D

snakelegs
07-21-2007, 01:31 AM
i had no idea who brett hume was and i wondered about that! :giggling:

Muhammad
07-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Greetings,

Hilarious thing happened on this thread, and was worth the price of admission. A well meaning Mod deleted a post by Keltoi which claimed (in jest) that I was really Brett Hume (he works for Fox News). The reason given for the deletion was "insults not allowed"
I deleted a whole chain of posts, so I may have included yours in the reason that was referring to some other posts.

Eric H
07-24-2007, 03:07 AM
Greetings and peace be with you north_malaysian; the reply I have in mind is more for Iraq than Iran
I wonder that why they could pray together in Mecca and Medina, and killing each other elsewhere?
Islam comes together and prays together as one at Mecca and Medina; but could it be possible to take the spirit of Mecca and Medina back to Iraq?

Communities have to be rebuilt, and at the heart of the community is the mosque. It seems that many mosques have been damaged in the conflict, and there is the need to rebuild the communities and the mosque.

It would be an opportunity for the Shia to help rebuild Sunni Mosques. And it would be an opportunity for the Sunni to help restore Shia Mosques.

It would take people of great courage to pray together, to pray for each other, pray for peace and work together peacefully.

Eric

Eric H
07-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Greetings and peace be with you PurestAmbrosia;

You are a great member by the way...
Thank you that is very kind, I value your input too.

I find it a great help to walk away from posts that seem to be written in a confrontational way. I try and search for an inner peace before replying and sometimes this might take a day or two. I try and keep in mind my initial greetings of peace be with you

The resolve that keeps me going is striving towards, justice and peace for all people; and the people who need justice above all others are the starving, destitute, widow, orphan, all those living in fear for their lives.

My hope is that the religions of the world can foster greater interfaith friendships and work together to eradicate these problems.

In the spirit of praying for greater interfaith friendships

Eric

north_malaysian
07-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Greetings and peace be with you north_malaysian; the reply I have in mind is more for Iraq than Iran

Islam comes together and prays together as one at Mecca and Medina; but could it be possible to take the spirit of Mecca and Medina back to Iraq?

Communities have to be rebuilt, and at the heart of the community is the mosque. It seems that many mosques have been damaged in the conflict, and there is the need to rebuild the communities and the mosque.

It would be an opportunity for the Shia to help rebuild Sunni Mosques. And it would be an opportunity for the Sunni to help restore Shia Mosques.

It would take people of great courage to pray together, to pray for each other, pray for peace and work together peacefully.

Eric
Maybe they should rebuild a "mosque" instead of "Shia mosque" or "Sunni mosque" where both Sunnis and Shiites could use the same building.

Eric H
07-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Greetings and peace be with you north_malaysian;

Maybe they should rebuild a "mosque" instead of "Shia mosque" or "Sunni mosque" where both Sunnis and Shiites could use the same building.
This is a profound solution to aim for, once enemies are able to pray together and pray for each other there is hope that hostilities can be overcome.

The sadness is that we can talk about these solutions in the comfort of our own town where I do not live in fear of being killed by simply going to work, the shops or my place of worship.

How can the people of Iraq overcome the huge injustices, hostilities, death and destruction committed against them in order to be able to pray with people they now look on as enemies?

What are the possible steps towards praying together?

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.