/* */

PDA

View Full Version : needing help in malaysia

nasima el ghazi
07-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Salam fellow forum viewers,,,,,Im needing some help..Im leaving in less then 2 weeks to live in kuala lumpur malaysia,,,and I have a bit of a problem
1 . I dont know anyone there,,so I dont know the first thing about finding a inexpensive place ti live for me and my husband,,,we dont have much money and have not found jobs yet there, we just need a place to sleep and prepare food and a bathroom..,,,,If anyone one has a sugestion or knows of someone renting something like i described please contact me...
Im going to be in KL by myself for a month b4 my husband is able to arrive and Im worried about being there alone with no where to even live,,,eeeekk
my Allah bless any that gives me advice
Nasima

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
07-13-2007, 07:14 AM
:salamext:

I'm from Malaysia. But i'm staying 'not' in KL though i'm using the KL weather banner. well hehe...the weather in Petaling Jaya is very much the same.

I just wanted to know, which area in KL are u staying?

north_malaysian
07-13-2007, 07:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

I just wanted to know, which area in KL are u staying?
good question

nasima el ghazi
07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Im flying into KL but we are not picky about where we live,,we just want to live somewhere we can afford and find work lol,,,,,my plane arrives at noon on the 28th of july

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
07-13-2007, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nasima el ghazi
Im flying into KL but we are not picky about where we live,,we just want to live somewhere we can afford and find work lol,,,,,my plane arrives at noon on the 28th of july
Sorry sis, Its already maghrib. I can't reply much.

But i'll try my best to look anything affordable in the net.

salams sis.

InshaAllah until next time.

nasima el ghazi
07-13-2007, 11:52 AM
shokran

syilla
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
:salamext:

Firstly i would like to welcome you to Malaysia :D.

Then i would like to know how much preparation you have before you come to Malaysia. and why did your husband let you come to Malaysia alone and finding a house to rent.

What is your budget exactly?

Here in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya the living life style is expensive. I mean everything is expensive the room and others compared to our salary / pay. So don't be surprise if everything is about money.

Are you prepared with this?

And the places that you get here maybe a bit not comfortable then what you are used too. InshaAllah everything is going to fine.

And we don't use electric stove, we use gas. It is very cheap compared to the electricity.

syilla
07-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Sorry i accidently pressed the submit button, then got disconnected.

I am worried about you especially when you don't have any planning where to stay. i guess i'm not used to that. lol

Here's the link for rental. But its quite expensive.

http://realestate.net.my/photoclass/...t=&name=&=&sl=

www.iproperty.com.my/property/rental.asp

I maybe can find you a room to rent but it is only for muslimah. No guys allowed.

nasima el ghazi
07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
well if i could stay in a room like that for just a month that might work ,,it would give me time to find a place for me and my husband ,,,he arrives on aug 27th,

nasima el ghazi
07-13-2007, 02:46 PM
also,,we are prepared for it to be different and i prefer gas stoves,,i can afford anywhere from 300 ringget to 450 a month.
as to why we are doing it this way is he had to go to Morocco at the last minute after we had already bought tickets,,and so he changed his ticket to Morocco and then is leaving from there,,and I couldnt change the date of my ticket since it was a special price,,so we are just coping with it as it is,,,
He is very worried about me,,but Ive told him I will cope,,..as long as its only a month,,he flight is coming in at 9 am on the 27th of aug,..
we dont need much space its just the 2 of us,,,and just need a place to sleep and cook and bath, we are newlyweds so we prob wont even notice the surroundings much lol
thankyou for caring and for anyhelp you can give,
Nasima

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 01:54 AM
what makes you and your husband chosed to live and work in Malaysia? :sunny:

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 02:25 AM
he heard how beautiful it was and loved that there were lots of muslims there,,,

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 02:31 AM
he heard how beautiful it was and loved that there were lots of muslims there,,,
and what are the jobs that both of you are interested in?:sunny:

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 02:36 AM
i have degree in business and also culinary arts,,,,he has training in international commerce

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 02:42 AM
i have degree in business and also culinary arts,,,,he has training in international commerce
maybe you can find one right now in:

http://www.jenjobs.com

http://star-jobs.com

http://my.jobstreet.com

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 02:44 AM
thankyou ,,im mostly worried about a place to live when i get there lol im not really worried about finding jobs,,,i figure with my training and experiance there shouldnt be a problem with jobs

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 02:50 AM
thankyou ,,im mostly worried about a place to live when i get there lol im not really worried about finding jobs,,,i figure with my training and experiance there shouldnt be a problem with jobs
Regarding to the place for you to live.... only syilla could help you as I'm living up north (where it's nearer to Thailand than KL :okay:)

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 02:53 AM
yes i know,,,i looked at some places she sent me links for,,but i didnt understand why they all were for 3 and 4 bedrooms..

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 03:00 AM
yes i know,,,i looked at some places she sent me links for,,but i didnt understand why they all were for 3 and 4 bedrooms..
it's expensive living in KL.... so some owners decided to rent rooms rather than the whole house.....

another thing ... you have to know your roomates...

I hope syilla could find a good muslimah that would able to be your roomate for a month.... inshallah....

So... you're prepared to live in KL?:D

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 03:02 AM
i think so.,,,,plus im bringing some money from usa,,,we are able to afford between 300 rm and 500 rm a month....do you think language is going to be a problem?

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 03:06 AM
i think so.,,,,plus im bringing some money from usa,,,we are able to afford between 300 rm and 500 rm a month....do you think language is going to be a problem?
well... it seems that everybody can speak English....

but with some phrases in Malay you can win Malaysians' hearts and giving you discount price.... :okay:

Are you okay with Asian food? Malaysians are famous to eat on 24/7 basis.

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 03:10 AM
yes i love asain food plus im rather good at making it also....im well versed in all types of food,,,,

we are very excited about starting our marriage for real in malaysia,,,,we got married in march but have been apart longer then together,,,,so our marriage will really begin once we are in malaysia.....
but ive never lived in a big city,,,so this part is scary to me....i know im going to be sooo lost lol

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 03:14 AM
yes i love asain food plus im rather good at making it also....im well versed in all types of food,,,,

we are very excited about starting our marriage for real in malaysia,,,,we got married in march but have been apart longer then together,,,,so our marriage will really begin once we are in malaysia.....
but ive never lived in a big city,,,so this part is scary to me....i know im going to be sooo lost lol
in comparison to other cities... KL is not that big (only 1.4 mil people)... but it's situated in Klang Valley with 6,000,000 population.....

befriend with syilla!!!! She could guide you.....

I think both of you and your husband would witness a very colourful and flagful city as we would be celebrating our 50th independence on 31st August...

nasima el ghazi
07-14-2007, 03:17 AM
oh thats cool,,,,,but its a huge city compared to where i live,,,,we only have 50000 people in my town lol,

it will be exciting to see the celebration...

syilla
07-16-2007, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
in comparison to other cities... KL is not that big (only 1.4 mil people)... but it's situated in Klang Valley with 6,000,000 population.....

befriend with syilla!!!! She could guide you.....

I think both of you and your husband would witness a very colourful and flagful city as we would be celebrating our 50th independence on 31st August...
lol...

I'll try to find a place. I will pm sis nasima if i find one.

InshaAllah.

nasima el ghazi
07-16-2007, 01:45 AM
thankyou syilla you are very nice to me i hope we become good friends

syilla
07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
oh thats cool,,,,,but its a huge city compared to where i live,,,,we only have 50000 people in my town lol,

it will be exciting to see the celebration...
I never went to see the celebration especially at night. It is full of fitnah.

Eventhough there are alot of muslims here but the pious or the practising ones usually hides themselves....lol. What i meant was, you will be easily surrounded by the non-practising muslims. Listening to music, dancing, love clubbing, wearing sexy clothes and etc. :embarrass

I would say, Kuala Lumpur is not the best place to practise islam.

snakelegs
07-16-2007, 02:10 AM
nasima,
i really admire you - you are a brave woman! all the best to you and your husband and your new life in malaysia!

nasima el ghazi
07-16-2007, 02:37 AM
ill keep that in mind..I doubt we woud go out at night,,,my husband is very religous and very seldom lets me out at night,,,

north_malaysian
07-18-2007, 07:36 AM
I never went to see the celebration especially at night. It is full of fitnah.
I've been there twice during my university years... once in Merdeka Square and another another year in KLCC (Petronas Towers).... it's crowded... too crowded that you can't even move... as Malaysia obtained independence exactly at 12:00 AM on 31.08.1957... there would be countdown and fireworks.

* Merdeka Square - the Prime Minister and Cabinet members are there, thus the entertainment is more incline to traditional cultural performance by various ethnics in Malaysia, and when it's approaching 12:00 AM... there would be patriotic songs and stuff... it's more family-oriented theme.

* KLCC - usually organised by private companies.... entertainment by popular artists... in all sort of music genre.... party-goers would love this place.

P/S: As you're religious person, I'll advise you not to go!! I've been twice... and that's all.....no need to go more.... it's too crowded. Furthermore it would be televised live on tv channels...

Eventhough there are alot of muslims here but the pious or the practising ones usually hides themselves....lol.
the only islamic people that would be there are reporters from Harakah (Islamist Party's newspaper)... they'll cover the unIslamicness of the events and show pics of our daring youth in those events.

What i meant was, you will be easily surrounded by the non-practising muslims. Listening to music, dancing, love clubbing, wearing sexy clothes and etc. :embarrass
those party animals are in KLCC, Starhill and Bangsar areas...

Furthermore if you go to the countdown, the events will end at 1.00 - 2.00 AM... and KL is jammed with millions of people.... so you might get home at 5.00 AM. My advise, dont go!!!

But if you're interested in the independent day celebration, you can witness the parades in the morning of 31st August... at least there are no sexy people there.... :okay: I dont know whether they would do it in Putrajaya or KL.

north_malaysian
07-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Between 25.08.2007 to 27.08.2007, International Islamic University Malaysia would organise the 23rd Convocation... the university would be opened to the public....there are lots of stalls, food and events plus you can meet students from dozens of countries...

Syilla MUST bring you there... :D

syilla
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
hehe sorry. my family n I will b going 2 cameron highland. we have made bookings on the hotel.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.