/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your nick is your identity...don't change it!

Skywalker
07-13-2007, 09:10 AM
:sl:

To all the people who like changing their nicks, please, I beg u, STOOOOOOOOOOP! I don't know who anybody is anymore. It's like changing ur name or ur face, you become a different person.

Idunno if this is the same for other people, but for me I sort of put a face to all the names on the forum, or at least the name is familiar when I see it, but when it changes it's like the person has become someone else, and you don't have that sense of familiarity anymore...

Imagine if I changed my name to "hubbahubba" or something...you'd think it's not the same old Skywalker anymore.

Please people, stick to one nick....see, that even rhymes :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Knight
07-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh crud, I was just thinking about changing my own username.

snakelegs
07-13-2007, 09:39 AM
it drives me crazy too. :raging:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2007, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
it's pretty annoying :?
i'll keep this quote forever :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
07-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I'll never change my forum name! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2007, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I'll never change my forum name! :)
i'll keep this quote too :D

Malaikah
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM

I don't mind if people change as long as there is a way to identify them. For example, they write in their sig or something that they used to be xyz.

umm-sulaim
07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
yh i get confused too...but i'm kinda bored with my username *kakh* i been meanin to change it too cos i want something different. So i can understand the changers of usernames nicely :D

so as to not cause any confusion when usernames are changed there's that thread innit, something like 'the member perviously known as' we should make not of it there...

islamirama
07-13-2007, 02:45 PM
If you go to google and type in your forum name, you get a few results. Maybe your name shows up on the 3rd page once or something. That is the case with most people, but not me. If you google my name, all first 3 pages are devoted to me only and not just one link on page 3 or something. So seeing how i'm well known and famous with google search engine, i'm keeping my name :)

$tranger
07-13-2007, 02:53 PM
YEA!!!.... stop changing ur NICK!!!! :coolalien

Muslim Knight
07-13-2007, 02:57 PM
As told previously I was contemplating a change in username. Then again, I tried googling for Muslim Knight and was astonished to find the following article.

http://www.altmuslim.com/perm.php?id=1473_0_25_0_C

Skywalker
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
As told previously I was contemplating a change in username. Then again, I tried googling for Muslim Knight and was astonished to find the following article.
Yeah I saw the same article when I Googled for my name + "Islam", lol. Nice article...makes me happy to be a Star Wars fan :)

Pk_#2
07-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Now i wana change it.

Helena
07-13-2007, 10:49 PM
changing name can be very tempting...:coolious:

I changed it many times....:shade: ..i feel like going back to my original user name.....:D ...

soo members......i command ya...u shall not change ur user name...

..jeez i tried......but at the end its every bodies choice..unless the mods banned this interest.....imsad ......

Woodrow
07-14-2007, 01:43 AM
When I was active on ebay my user name was sytall. One day I changed it to llatys but, everybody figured out it was me, so I changed it back.

tearsofice21
07-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Wa 'alaikum assalam

yeah it makes me annoyed too. You just don't know who the person is anymore :(

north_malaysian
07-14-2007, 02:56 AM
it doesnt bother me as I believe people can use whatever usernames they want... and can change those usernames anytime....and how many time.

I'm staying with my username.....:D

Skywalker
07-15-2007, 07:47 AM
^ of course everyone has the right to change it, but I'm just trying to highlight how it makes the other members of the forum feel when they do.

AmarFaisal
07-15-2007, 07:54 AM
I know it must be annoying, But I wanted to change my nick too. Wouldn't it be easier for ppl to know us if we kept our old nick under the new one, like were our other name(whatever it's called) appears?

Atleast for a few months till the users get used to our new nick (like 6 months):)

3isha
07-15-2007, 10:21 AM
YH, STOP CHANGING THEM,
people do it so we ca'tn recognise them:hiding:

Andrew
07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I think it is a good idea to stick with the same one too, we can get to know our online community better that way too.

sevgi
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
maybe i shud change my nick to something more...charismatic...more enchanting...sumeyyes not my real name...its jst a name that a teacher chose for me after the sahabe sumeyye (ra)...my real name is sevgi...dnt think anyone knows that...

im not close with that teacher anymore...and i feel like a fraud with sumeyye...maybe something more 'nicky' instead of 'namey'...if u know what i mean...

anyone who knows me well enuf in here or can make judgements according to something i said and gimme sum suggestions on a new name...

HEY GREAT THOUGHT...MAYBE WE SHUD HAV A SECTION WHER PPL ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW NAMES SO ITS NOT TOO ANNOYING WHEN IT DOES HAPPEN.

H4RUN
07-24-2007, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

LOL erm what if ur username was crazy before (literally :D) and u've changed to become a different person? :p

What if somethings never change:p

Go back, u know u wana, go, go,GO! Dont look back:playing:

And there was me against the name changing thing. tskkk
By all means if u wana change it, change it, who am i to stop u...i'll jus neg rep u everyday:D
But puhleeez write it on your sig that u was...and now you're ...loony:p

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.