/* */

PDA

View Full Version : aviation engineering degree

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2007, 01:31 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

this is no joke, im interested in becoming a pilot

i have probably bigger then a fist length beard, am clearly asian so can easily be noticed as a muslim.

i want to do a degree in aviation but im wondering is it even worth it?

i wanna fly a plane :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2007, 02:21 PM
well i've officially decided to become a pilot inshaAllah,

any bad points are welcome :D

Pk_#2
10-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Don't become one

I can't find one of your threads

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 03:05 PM
i cant become one, you need good eye sight :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 03:10 PM
SubhanAllah! imagine praying on a plane in the middle of nowhere! And on the day of Qiyaamah having that place testify for you! so beautiful!

Pk_#2
10-28-2007, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i cant become one, you need good eye sight :(
:mmokay: JazakAllah khair for pointing that out,

I am deeply offended. :offended:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 03:24 PM
^ i cant become a fireman for that reason either loool

SubhanAllah! imagine praying on a plane in the middle of nowhere! And on the day of Qiyaamah having that place testify for you! so beautiful!
hey i said i cant become one :'(

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 03:30 PM
But I'm generally saying, SuhanAllah! Why do you want to be anything else when you could be a hafiz? spend your time doing something that will be of use in the Akhirah? because I was just thinking, so many years I've wasted when I could have done ANYTHING! all the time I had on my hands and I've not gained the knowledge I could have :(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 03:31 PM
^ lol who said i dont wanna be a hafiz, multi tasking sister.

can be a hafiz a pilot and a mujaahid inshaAllah... but scratch the pilot :( gotta be a computer geek workin wiv computers instead now

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
What I mean is, don't be down because you can't do something that is related to the Dunya...when there's so much you can do for the Akhirah Insha'Allah :w:

Pk_#2
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
^ lol who said i dont wanna be a hafiz, multi tasking sister.

can be a hafiz a pilot and a mujaahid inshaAllah... but scratch the pilot :( gotta be a computer geek workin wiv computers instead now
All the best, qadr Allah inay dun be :(

Erm, I wana be a hafizah inshaAllah wa ta'ala, make du'a for this lost soul

JazakAllah khairun.

Be good, is that possible? :hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
What I mean is, don't be down because you can't do something that is related to the Dunya...when there's so much you can do for the Akhirah Insha'Allah :w:
inshaAllah, makes it hard when you gotta work in front of a computer with a boss who clearly hates islam.

but inshaAllah !

jizakAllah khair to both sisters, i still wish i cud get a career where i dnt hav to work wiv computers...

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

JazakAllah khairun.

may Allah grant it ameen, we shud make dua' even if its for a shoelace

like Aisha radhiallahu ta'ala anha !!!

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
All the best, qadr Allah inay dun be :(

JazakAllah khairun.

:salamext: Course it's possible! your soul isn't lost by the way shaytaan's just making you think it is. Laa ilaaha illa anta subhanka inni kuntu minadh'dhaalimeen

inshaAllah, makes it hard when you gotta work in front of a computer with a boss who clearly hates islam.

but inshaAllah !

jizakAllah khair to both sisters, i still wish i cud get a career where i dnt hav to work wiv computers...
Do a course, I'm so envious of those living in London, Tayyibun! I'm so going to move down south some day Insha'Allah!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 03:47 PM
ye my friends are doing tayyibun... lol, la adri...

'Abd al-Baari
10-28-2007, 03:48 PM
:sl:

how about laser eye treatment:?

n da beard thing i don't think it'll be a big issue..someone i know who has a beard is becoming a pilot too..

Woodrow
10-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Aviation is much more than being a pilot. Being a pilot is just a very small part of the entire crew that gets the plane in the air and keeps it there. the pilot may be the most visible part of the crew, but there are many people along with the pilot, each with a specific job and each equally important. It may only take from 1 to 10 people in the air to fly the plane, but they depend on a team that numbers in the hundreds on the ground.

Some jobs in the field of aviation are on this site:

http://www.avjobs.com/jobs/view-jobs-available.asp

There are over 4,500 different position available on this site alone. this can show you some of the variety of jobs available and where the future of aviation is going.

Now the main issue is how can this all relate to your De'en and help you with preparing for the Akhira. Remember aviation is for many purposes. You could possibly become part of a crew that is in the process of bringing reknowned scholars to parts of the world that still need to be touched by Islam, you could be part of an effort that works to bring relief to suffering brothers and sister. You may not become a scholar, but you could be instrumental in getting scholars to where they are needed. You might not become a doctor, but you can be part of the means to bring doctors to where there are needed. You may not be an Imam, but you could be the means of bringing the Qur'an to those who are begging for it.

What a person does with job skills is their choice, you can use job skills for self indulgence or you can use them to prepare for the Akhira.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

how about laser eye treatment:?
scary stuff bro :| side affects? :?

n da beard thing i don't think it'll be a big issue..someone i know who has a beard is becoming a pilot too..
ALHAMDULILLAH! :D

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

You could possibly become part of a crew that is in the process of bringing reknowned scholars to parts of the world that still need to be touched by Islam, you could be part of an effort that works to bring relief to suffering brothers and sister. You may not become a scholar, but you could be instrumental in getting scholars to where they are needed. You might not become a doctor, but you can be part of the means to bring doctors to where there are needed. You may not be an Imam, but you could be the means of bringing the Qur'an to those who are begging for it.

What a person does with job skills is their choice, you can use job skills for self indulgence or you can use them to prepare for the Akhira.
Wow! masha'Allah good post with good advice

'Abd al-Baari
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM

scary stuff bro :| side affects?
my dad and aunt have both had it done and they've never exerinced any pains at all, Alhamdulillah

but both were told that they may need reading glasses wh;en they are older...much older :D

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

my dad and aunt have both had it done and they've never exerinced any pains at all, Alhamdulillah

but both were told that they may need reading glasses wh;en they are older...much older :D
yeah, I've heard that...the actual process I heard is very painful though? I want to get it done Insha'Allah, but apparantly I'm too young?

H4RUN
10-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Wooo!
InshaAllah you'll become what you want to become.

First and foremost to become a pilot, or to even get the license to fly a commercial airliner you need a whole stash of money, i'm talking from approximately 25k+ upto 80 odd thousand pounds.:D I hope that hasn't put you off, you'll get that money back within no time though:D

Also your vision needs to be PERFECT, i dont think they accept the use of contact lenses, well in military aircrafts i'm sure.

Thirdly if i were you i'd apply to do an aerospace course as soon as possible, it'll get you on your way, because you get a knowledge of various aspects in the aero industry, along with THEORY OF FLIGHT. You'll need to know this inside out, something i havn't quite grasped:p

That's all for now, good luck bro, inshaAllah it'll work out, you can fly, i'll fix:D

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Aviation is much more than being a pilot. Being a pilot is just a very small part of the entire crew that gets the plane in the air and keeps it there. the pilot may be the most visible part of the crew, but there are many people along with the pilot, each with a specific job and each equally important. It may only take from 1 to 10 people in the air to fly the plane, but they depend on a team that numbers in the hundreds on the ground.

Some jobs in the field of aviation are on this site:

http://www.avjobs.com/jobs/view-jobs-available.asp

There are over 4,500 different position available on this site alone. this can show you some of the variety of jobs available and where the future of aviation is going.

Now the main issue is how can this all relate to your De'en and help you with preparing for the Akhira. Remember aviation is for many purposes. You could possibly become part of a crew that is in the process of bringing reknowned scholars to parts of the world that still need to be touched by Islam, you could be part of an effort that works to bring relief to suffering brothers and sister. You may not become a scholar, but you could be instrumental in getting scholars to where they are needed. You might not become a doctor, but you can be part of the means to bring doctors to where there are needed. You may not be an Imam, but you could be the means of bringing the Qur'an to those who are begging for it.

#

wow... lol mashAllah

what about bringin up a family unclE? mum says its unfair lol...

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
That's true, I wouldnt do it if I was you because it isnt fair at all. You'd be away too much. My English teacher at A-level moved to saudi because her husband is a pilot, I guess that sounds good but It'd cause alot of upheaval and problems in your life. Wallahu A'lam. You still thinking about it?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-28-2007, 07:11 PM
naa i gave it up ages ago, umma wasat braught it back up, still dont know why lol

alhamdulillah though, everything happens for a reason

Re.TiReD
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Tsssk Umma Wasat! lol ok, alhamdulillah. Salaam

Woodrow
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
#

wow... lol mashAllah

what about bringin up a family unclE? mum says its unfair lol...
Most commercial pilots have very good hours and are seldom away from home over night. A friend of mine has one route he flies each week. He flies from NY to Paris every Friday and returns on Sunday. That is his work week. His salary is something to be envied.

A cousin of mine is the personal pilot for an un named Head of State. He lives in Paris and only is gone from home about two days a month.

Most countries have very stiff laws limited the number of hours a pilot can fly.

The Federal Aviation Administration limits commercial pilots on domestic flights to eight hours a day, measured from pushback until arrival at the gate. The limits are 30 hours in seven days, 100 hours a month and 1,000 hours a year. The airlines do not exceed those limits but many now schedule much closer to them.

The F.A.A. rules do not address the amount of time between flights, so a pilot could be in uniform 12 hours or more to accumulate the day's hours. Eight hours of rest time every 24 hours is required, however. And pilots feel acutely the difference between getting a month's work in 14 days versus 18 days.
Typicaly a pilot will return to his home airport within 2 days of any flight.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.